Summon The Gladiator Cyrene Mission

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Just wondering if anyone that's done this mission could shed some light on how this can be done.

I'm in the area but the spawn is quite small - more time is spent waiting rather than shooting. I'm wondering if it's possible to run around the area outside the mission triggering zone to bring the surrounding mobs into the area to kill. Will they still count? Or is this all based on killing from this specific small mob spawner?

I don't want to waste extra ammo killing ones that bare no weight on the mission. Also I'm wondering how the spawn happens? Is it right after a certain kill or randomly as new ones spawn in. Hate to hit that 10k to have one spawn after I log out of something.

I'd like to post this on the cyrene forum too but I still haven't gotten the email to verify my account.

*UPDATE*
I have now completed the mission I needed to do 11,027 kills. I supposed there were a few that didn't count as I was in the wrong spot.

So yeah...
1. You can gather the ones on the mountain and bring them to the area to kill them. They count.
2. You have to actually hit a finite number it's not tracked where you can see. Once you hit that number a text overlay happens saying the beast has spawned and a waypoint is added to your radar. There's no missing that it spawned.
3. Looks like anyone can kill it at that point - not sure if it counts if someone else kills it but apparently you can go elsewhere as some other mobs count for the kill.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone that's done this mission could shed some light on how this can be done.

I'm in the area but the spawn is quite small - more time is spent waiting rather than shooting. I'm wondering if it's possible to run around the area outside the mission triggering zone to bring the surrounding mobs into the area to kill. Will they still count? Or is this all based on killing from this specific small mob spawner?

I don't want to waste extra ammo killing ones that bare no weight on the mission. Also I'm wondering how the spawn happens? Is it right after a certain kill or randomly as new ones spawn in. Hate to hit that 10k to have one spawn after I log out of something.

I'd like to post this on the cyrene forum too but I still haven't gotten the email to verify my account.

I haven't done this Cyrene event or mission. But your question reminded me of something Charlie from MindArk stated recently in another thread:

It works as mentioned a couple of times in this thread. Land areas simply take a cut based on the set tax amount from each loot from creatures spawned in the area or mining claims found in the area.

Notice how this is worded "from creatures spawned in the area". Maybe where the creature spawns is what matters? So even if it walks off of the LA, it is still taxed by that LA when it is finally killed? Maybe it works the same for that mob kill counter you are asking about?

Legends

I haven't done this Cyrene event or mission. But your question reminded me of something Charlie from MindArk stated recently in another thread:

Notice how this is worded "from creatures spawned in the area". Maybe where the creature spawns is what matters? So even if it walks off of the LA, it is still taxed by that LA when it is finally killed? Maybe it works the same for that mob kill counter you are asking about?

Legends

Yes this was my thinking which also works the same way. When in an event in a Land area dragging a mob from outside that area in and killing it doesn't count towards your score in the event.

With that logic it leads me to believe that killing or dragging mobs that are outside the trigger area don't count.

Personally I feel the configuration of this mission is a bit sloppy with a lot of unknowns. Would have been better if they just had a finite amount to kill and reward a token that is used to spawn the gladiator elsewhere at your leisure.

if that is the mission i am thinking of.. you have to kill like 11.000 merfolken in the designated area. after about 11.000 the gladiator spawns, and you complete mission.

if that is the mission i am thinking of.. you have to kill like 11.000 merfolken in the designated area. after about 11.000 the gladiator spawns, and you complete mission.

Well yeah, that's what's said to happen but I wanted details about that...

- Do you have to do the full 10-11k in one sitting?
- What happens if another avatar is there and kills the boss?
- Is it a shared mob? Can multiple people get credit when a single one spawns?
- Do you have to only kill the ones that spawn in that area or can you drag the surrounding ones in?
- Is there a notification or anything showing that the thing has be spawned?
- Does it spawn right after you kill the final mob or does it just spawn randomly after you hit the target. IE could I kill the 11k and log out only to have it spawn 2 minutes after I leave?

I've always preferred more finite goals and specifics about missions rather than more of a vague kill "at least 10,000" with no counter and just expecting some random spawn with no details or explanation of if I can easily get screwed into having to do 20,000 by some technicality causing me to miss the spawn or something.

Well yeah, that's what's said to happen but I wanted details about that...

- Do you have to do the full 10-11k in one sitting?
- What happens if another avatar is there and kills the boss?
- Is it a shared mob? Can multiple people get credit when a single one spawns?
- Do you have to only kill the ones that spawn in that area or can you drag the surrounding ones in?
- Is there a notification or anything showing that the thing has be spawned?
- Does it spawn right after you kill the final mob or does it just spawn randomly after you hit the target. IE could I kill the 11k and log out only to have it spawn 2 minutes after I leave?

I've always preferred more finite goals and specifics about missions rather than more of a vague kill "at least 10,000" with no counter and just expecting some random spawn with no details or explanation of if I can easily get screwed into having to do 20,000 by some technicality causing me to miss the spawn or something.

- No
- Nothing, as far as I know you have to spawn the boss to complete the mission, not to kill it.
- No
- Yes, you can drag the surounding ones, just keep your mission tracked, then you can see if you are inside zone when you kill.
- I guess yes, at least your mission will update.
- Again it don't matter since you don't have to kill it.

That's all informations I've got long time ago, so maybe it changed, but I doubt it.

The spawn is pretty bad for a 10K kills mission, especially when there is more than 1 hunter there..
And yes the zone is badly designed.
Half of the mobs are outside zone, on top of the mountain.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
While I hate to be "that guy" and yes, PCF is without a doubt the most active EU forum..
This question really belongs here.

- VH

While I hate to be "that guy" and yes, PCF is without a doubt the most active EU forum..
This question really belongs here.

- VH

Hate to be "that guy" too but I did post this in the Other Planets Discussion forum which has the description "All discussions related to planet partners other than Planet Calypso." If I can't talk about other planets in this forum - why do we even have it?

Also, I did mention this as well in my OP:

So....... :dunno:

You don't even have to drag them, just kill them on the hill, all counts in this area. Gladiator spawns when you have killed exactly 11k merfolkens.

FYI, gladiator might spawn into one of these bushes and it is hard to spot (happened to me)

You don't even have to drag them, just kill them on the hill, all counts in this area. Gladiator spawns when you have killed exactly 11k merfolkens.

FYI, gladiator might spawn into one of these bushes and it is hard to spot (happened to me)

This is incorrect. If you kill mobs outside the beach area it will not count towards the mission. You will get a message saying that you left the area, any kill outside the area does not count. Get a mob train going and drag them all from up the hill to the beach.

You will also get a message saying that the gladiator has been spawn.

This is incorrect. If you kill mobs outside the beach area it will not count towards the mission. You will get a message saying that you left the area, any kill outside the area does not count. Get a mob train going and drag them all from up the hill to the beach.

You will also get a message saying that the gladiator has been spawn.

I never dragged any mob away from the hill and killed directly there if the spawn lead me there. I had to kill exactly 11k mobs before gladiator spawned

- Do you have to do the full 10-11k in one sitting? - No. come & go as you please, but the only kills that count are the ones in this area.

- What happens if another avatar is there and kills the boss? - Won't matter. Your gladiator will spawn when its your time.

- Is it a shared mob? Can multiple people get credit when a single one spawns? - no, this is not a shared mob. If someone else kills your mob, you will have another one spawn eventually. You'll just have to keep killing.

- Do you have to only kill the ones that spawn in that area or can you drag the surrounding ones in? - the breeding grounds are quite large. if one spawn decreases, just move around, you'll find more.

- Is there a notification or anything showing that the thing has be spawned? - no. This has been mentioned in the cyrene forums, but no official counter. You can do the merfolken kill mission and that will help give you an indicator of how many you have killed.

- Does it spawn right after you kill the final mob or does it just spawn randomly after you hit the target. IE could I kill the 11k and log out only to have it spawn 2 minutes after I leave? - it is a random spawn after you kill the 11k

I've always preferred more finite goals and specifics about missions rather than more of a vague kill "at least 10,000" with no counter and just expecting some random spawn with no details or explanation of if I can easily get screwed into having to do 20,000 by some technicality causing me to miss the spawn or something. - this shouldnt' happen. I finished this stage of the mission after killing a bit over 11k.

Back