Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images

Summon The Gladiator Cyrene Mission

Just wondering if anyone that's done this mission could shed some light on how this can be done.

I'm in the area but the spawn is quite small - more time is spent waiting rather than shooting. I'm wondering if it's possible to run around the area outside the mission triggering zone to bring the surrounding mobs into the area to kill. Will they still count? Or is this all based on killing from this specific small mob spawner?

I don't want to waste extra ammo killing ones that bare no weight on the mission. Also I'm wondering how the spawn happens? Is it right after a certain kill or randomly as new ones spawn in. Hate to hit that 10k to have one spawn after I log out of something.

I'd like to post this on the cyrene forum too but I still haven't gotten the email to verify my account.

*UPDATE*
    I have now completed the mission I needed to do 11,027 kills. I supposed there were a few that didn't count as I was in the wrong spot.

So yeah...
    1. You can gather the ones on the mountain and bring them to the area to kill them. They count.
    2. You have to actually hit a finite number it's not tracked where you can see. Once you hit that number a text overlay happens saying the beast has spawned and a waypoint is added to your radar. There's no missing that it spawned.
    3. Looks like anyone can kill it at that point - not sure if it counts if someone else kills it but apparently you can go elsewhere as some other mobs count for the kill.
    Last edited by jambon; 02-07-2020 at 23:23.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wondering if anyone that's done this mission could shed some light on how this can be done.

I'm in the area but the spawn is quite small - more time is spent waiting rather than shooting. I'm wondering if it's possible to run around the area outside the mission triggering zone to bring the surrounding mobs into the area to kill. Will they still count? Or is this all based on killing from this specific small mob spawner?

I don't want to waste extra ammo killing ones that bare no weight on the mission. Also I'm wondering how the spawn happens? Is it right after a certain kill or randomly as new ones spawn in. Hate to hit that 10k to have one spawn after I log out of something.

I'd like to post this on the cyrene forum too but I still haven't gotten the email to verify my account.
    I haven't done this Cyrene event or mission. But your question reminded me of something Charlie from MindArk stated recently in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie|MindArk View Post
    It works as mentioned a couple of times in this thread. Land areas simply take a cut based on the set tax amount from each loot from creatures spawned in the area or mining claims found in the area.
    Notice how this is worded "from creatures spawned in the area". Maybe where the creature spawns is what matters? So even if it walks off of the LA, it is still taxed by that LA when it is finally killed? Maybe it works the same for that mob kill counter you are asking about?

Legends
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    I haven't done this Cyrene event or mission. But your question reminded me of something Charlie from MindArk stated recently in another thread:

Notice how this is worded "from creatures spawned in the area". Maybe where the creature spawns is what matters? So even if it walks off of the LA, it is still taxed by that LA when it is finally killed? Maybe it works the same for that mob kill counter you are asking about?

Legends
    Yes this was my thinking which also works the same way. When in an event in a Land area dragging a mob from outside that area in and killing it doesn't count towards your score in the event.

With that logic it leads me to believe that killing or dragging mobs that are outside the trigger area don't count.

Personally I feel the configuration of this mission is a bit sloppy with a lot of unknowns. Would have been better if they just had a finite amount to kill and reward a token that is used to spawn the gladiator elsewhere at your leisure.

if that is the mission i am thinking of.. you have to kill like 11.000 merfolken in the designated area. after about 11.000 the gladiator spawns, and you complete mission.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcessive View Post
    if that is the mission i am thinking of.. you have to kill like 11.000 merfolken in the designated area. after about 11.000 the gladiator spawns, and you complete mission.
    Well yeah, that's what's said to happen but I wanted details about that...

- Do you have to do the full 10-11k in one sitting?
    - What happens if another avatar is there and kills the boss?
    - Is it a shared mob? Can multiple people get credit when a single one spawns?
    - Do you have to only kill the ones that spawn in that area or can you drag the surrounding ones in?
    - Is there a notification or anything showing that the thing has be spawned?
    - Does it spawn right after you kill the final mob or does it just spawn randomly after you hit the target. IE could I kill the 11k and log out only to have it spawn 2 minutes after I leave?

I've always preferred more finite goals and specifics about missions rather than more of a vague kill "at least 10,000" with no counter and just expecting some random spawn with no details or explanation of if I can easily get screwed into having to do 20,000 by some technicality causing me to miss the spawn or something.

Well yeah, that's what's said to happen but I wanted details about that...

- Do you have to do the full 10-11k in one sitting?
    - What happens if another avatar is there and kills the boss?
    - Is it a shared mob? Can multiple people get credit when a single one spawns?
    - Do you have to only kill the ones that spawn in that area or can you drag the surrounding ones in?
    - Is there a notification or anything showing that the thing has be spawned?
    - Does it spawn right after you kill the final mob or does it just spawn randomly after you hit the target. IE could I kill the 11k and log out only to have it spawn 2 minutes after I leave?

I've always preferred more finite goals and specifics about missions rather than more of a vague kill "at least 10,000" with no counter and just expecting some random spawn with no details or explanation of if I can easily get screwed into having to do 20,000 by some technicality causing me to miss the spawn or something.
    - No
    - Nothing, as far as I know you have to spawn the boss to complete the mission, not to kill it.
    - No
    - Yes, you can drag the surounding ones, just keep your mission tracked, then you can see if you are inside zone when you kill.
    - I guess yes, at least your mission will update.
    - Again it don't matter since you don't have to kill it.

That's all informations I've got long time ago, so maybe it changed, but I doubt it.

The spawn is pretty bad for a 10K kills mission, especially when there is more than 1 hunter there..
    And yes the zone is badly designed.
    Half of the mobs are outside zone, on top of the mountain..
    Last edited by ~ Cirrus ~; 02-06-2020 at 02:09.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vandal VandalHand Hand
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    While I hate to be "that guy" and yes, PCF is without a doubt the most active EU forum..
    This question really belongs here.

- VH

Twitch Channel

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VandalHand View Post
    While I hate to be "that guy" and yes, PCF is without a doubt the most active EU forum..
    This question really belongs here.

- VH
    Hate to be "that guy" too but I did post this in the Other Planets Discussion forum which has the description "All discussions related to planet partners other than Planet Calypso." If I can't talk about other planets in this forum - why do we even have it?

Also, I did mention this as well in my OP:

So.......

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Lol thanks for that. My account is now approved, I just haven't gotten around to posting there yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast