Question: Invasion reward?

kingsel

Old
Goksel Prometheus Yurdakul
i participate an invasion at fort lahar since im newbie i could only did %5 but i was dead when the last boss was killed and i couldnt get any reward. Is that because i was dead or %5 not enough?

If your contribution is 100% by the time a fort event or a wave ends, you get a buff like +health of speed for a few minutes, nothing special.

If your contribution is 100% by the time a fort event or a wave ends, you get a buff like +health of speed for a few minutes, nothing special.

For Lahar, it's extra protection buff for an hour (at 100% of Tier 3) but just 2 points of it. Certainly nothing to fight for. Well, it's still better than buffs from some animal wave events.

The boss is just another shared mob, nothing special . you also get some codex points , thats all

So it makes no sense except for points?

normally the robot attacks dont make sense to do and will only cost you a lot of ped.
Unless you enjoy doing them of course.

The reward is negligible, but there's still reasons to do it:

• If you find a good group, often they will hold off killing the wave for as long as possible to keep repairing the gate, which is good for repair skilling (provides some valuable skills).
  • The mobs loot some decent stuff.
  • Shared mobs are generally fun, promote camaraderie, and allow you to hunt bigger than you could on your own; consequently allowing you to loot items that you perhaps wouldn't be able to solo.

Wizz is correct though, they do come with a cost - if you do it as a low level player I recommend no armor and use a small but efficient gun to help mitigate your outlay. Also stick it out long enough to get a kickback (won't always happen, but more often than not). As with all loot cycles I generally only join a bot wave if I see regular globs for it in the chat.

Last edited:
... as long as possible to keep repairing the gate, which is good for repair skilling (provides some valuable skills)....

repairing the gate?

See? You can always learn something new on PCF everyday! :laugh::wtg:

never knew this.

repairing the gate?

See? You can always learn something new on PCF everyday! :laugh::wtg:

never knew this.

Yea, I've arrived sometimes and basically there's like 20 people just sitting at the gate with RK's repair skilling, allowing the bots to continually attack it. I haven't been on Caly in a while so I don't know if this is still a thing.

It is fun with a group or society, sometimes even with the random gathering showing up. Loot-wise you can get as lucky or unlucky as with any other mob. Shared-loot typical caveats apply (use the most efficient gear you can, plan your budget to participate in more kills rather than do big damage on just a few). Also consider whether or not you want to collect robot loot at all, i.e. if you don't do this often or hunt them otherwise you may end up throwing away markup for not reaching sellable stack sizes.

The buff reward was most likely intended as a novel motivator when it was introduced. Since it is applied directly without choice to save it for a later occasion, it is only useful if you proceed to another activity immediately where it helps. Community feedback has been rather blasé about it as far as expressions in chats and forums can tell, whether MA's internal data shows better acceptance we can't say. Try it out and see where it takes you. Good luck!

Lots of weapons drop.

If your out there and you get a global most of the time you will get a decent weapon.
Mind you it probably wont be a high level gun but will for sure be usable on something else.
My last two times out, there was someone with a High DPS weapon two shotting everything.
Total fun killer... not to mention the blatant theft from a mid to low level event.
I left both times.
The times before that it took a while to kill stuff and lots of us were getting globals.
I did the sisypuss one and I will never do that again! I felt like a shmuck killing all the bot's.
I guess I could use a smaller weapon and join in.
They can be worthwhile.
Takes alot of ammo!
Rock

Really? You didnt know? When was the last time you killed some tincans? BTW the wall repairing thingy is a skillfest :)

I usually stay far away from shared mobs. My autistic brain can't handle so many green dots :tongue2:

Back