There are 3 types of people in this game...

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
u3IhSbo.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, ty.

I support this message

May I ask what a good quality price would be then? Or how I could find that out somehow?

I mean if an item has no recent history it either means the item is super-rare and is pricey, it doesn't have good stats any more (as in other/newer items have better efficiency or something) or everybody has tons of it.

May I ask what a good quality price would be then? Or how I could find that out somehow?

I mean if an item has no recent history it either means the item is super-rare and is pricey, it doesn't have good stats any more (as in other/newer items have better efficiency or something) or everybody has tons of it.

There's a few things that you can do when looking to price something out.

1. Check the markups in game. If it's a tiered item be sure to look at the markups of all tiers because this can paint a picture of what the item can fetch. If the tier higher than your item is going for less than the shown markup of your tier chances are your item is going to be worth even less. You also need to start considering that the cost to tier has been dramatically reduced so the markups for higher tier items is going to be falling.

2. Check the forum for previous listings of that item. You can get a good idea what the item has sold for. As mentioned, with rarer items auctions in game aren't too common. More people choose to try selling on the forum for slower moving higher value items to avoid the auction fees.

3.Use the price check forum to get an idea what people are willing to pay.

If these methods fail a general fair approach is to start the auction at a price that is reasonably close to the last shown markup in game and set a buyout that is a bit higher - maybe 25% over that. Obviously if the item has some new use or something that warrants it being more valuable (like a new stat as was the case when Eff was released) increase the buyout accordingly but this is rare since most things in game tend to become less valuable over time. That way you can let the market at large bid on the item and it will sell at it's natural market value.

However, starting your auction at an obscene 2-3x the shown markup with a buyout even higher is a horrible approach that hurts everyone:

- It keeps prices inflated on overvalued items
- It skews the market value of items because only a rich loon with more money than sense would buy it with that kind of markup. MAYBE you'll get lucky but it screws everyone else in the process, that spike will lead to traders trying to hyper inflate the market further flipping those items...etc.
- You end up repeatedly paying a larger auction fee for an item that probably won't even sell.
- It makes you look like a greedy S.O.B that's trying to cheat people.

Back