Question: Largest sources of metal/enmatter residue?

kingofaces

Stalker
Tony KingofAces Hans
With residue prices creeping up and hard to get around the old 101-101.5% range, I've been wondering what the main sources of metal/enmatter residue are in the game?

I won't speculate whether price increases are more on the supply or demand side, but it seems like there are a few different areas in crafting that could come into play. This isn't meant to be a "what can I craft to get cheap residue" thread since I don't expect the costs will break even, but more of a speculate what major sources are thread. Here's just a few ideas I'll throw out:

1. "Normal" crafting: Generally just little bits of residue unless someone global/HoFs. This is basically just a catchall where you'd need a lot of people crafting on volume to generate a lot of residue.

2. Enhancer crafting: My example is crafting mining excavator enhancers. If you have a success, you generally (always?) get just one enhancer back, but the value is much lower than the cost/click, so you'll typically get a lot of residue back to fill that out. That's also in part why enhancer MU tends to be high. I'm not sure what other areas of crafting may have this.

3. Condition crafting: This ties into the first one a little bit, but that type of crafting plays more into what gamblers are up to in getting the rare near or full success. I'm not sure what EP blueprints drop for residue, so maybe someone who has used those can comment on that.

This is just coming from someone who does relatively minimal crafting outside of mining amp crafting, so what do people think about other potential main sources or the areas I mentioned? Is it more just people doing a lot of crafting that stockpile residue, or are there some areas in the profession that really crank out residue more than others?

EP4 condition is where most large sources of residue comes from.

Any crafting will produce some but usually takes a long time to get a significant amount...or its enough for you to use on those BP's to get a full TT item to sell/use (ArMatrix, Mining amps, etc)

was checking the tracker in the end of jan were 300k ep4 globals per day, some days ago after 15h were only 50k in total globals, lack of ep4 crafters made the price spike, also i believe some periods in hofs there is a big amount of garnets

Back