[ Insert random bullshit ]

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dingus Optimator Khan
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    You must make a blood sacrifice and pledge your soul unto Lootius before the the third full moon from creating your avatar. Otherwise you are doomed forever. Your mentor should have told you this.

How many of you will still playing if you knew from the start that you will gonna lose your deposit 100% no matter what mob you hunt? Hunting system is DOOM right now and I tested it. I speak with some UBER players and they are agreed with me.

You must be very crazy about playing a game so expensive to hunt a few hours with NO chance of getting your money back. PS: don't mention about globals or HOF, as when I saw one will bring me up to 90%+ return.

What I wrote is black on white example of no matter what you hunt at low level you will lose 100%. PS: I'm under 45 hit/dmg.

Question is: If new players will know this, they will still make a deposit? The strategy here is they say return is 90%+ but they won't say anything about that on at 10% loses you will have an MU at maxim at 1%. And in few hours you will have rest of 9% FOREVER, the system will discharge that consumption, and you will start to recycle again from the rest of 90%, in the end, you will be at 0 peds in and the game will NEVER pay you back. To play more you have to do another deposit. Well, after you do, cause you don't know how it's work really, you will end like me, spend some money, but you don't want to quit as you already spend and you consider it's not fair. Start to learn new things and you will try to get your money back.

Honestly, if I knew this I'll never hunt in the first play and will have a totally different approach.

Hope my post will enlight others and will WARNING others!!!

I read forum to try to understand how return is working, but I coudn't understand until I tested on my own.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Penelope Penny Fortune
    Society
    Classified
    Images
    You need more runs in order to get some valid data... Months worth even. The game tends to repay you with globals/HOF's now and then that adds the total closer to 98% return. Sometimes more, sometimes less - but in the end, it evens out usually if you play it smart enough. Don't use gear you don't have skills for. Don't hunt certain mobs at certain times (loot pattern). Don't switch mobs constantly - especially during a hunt etc etc etc. The list goes on and on... You wont learn all of this over night and this thread is just whining imo... You don't understand the game and that's not MA or the game's fault. It's your own.
    I never want to get married... Once I sign those papers I will be lootable!

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Fuck it I'll bite

Your individual experiences may vary.
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Also, MA has to pay the bills, so yeah of course you are going to lose in TT long term, why would you expect otherwise though?
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Davin Trooper Felth
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not sure where your scenarios or conclusions were supposed to be, but it sounded like you are saying hunting is a huge loss no matter what and if you want to play this game hours a day it will cost a crap load of money.
    To that I say, yes ... yes you are absolutely correct in my experience. I'm no uber and don't do everything the most efficient way, but I have been playing for 10+ years and have spend more than I care to say. That is my conclusion, the game is too damn expensive to play. I've been up, I've been way down, I've won some cool things, made good friends, etc. Problem is I couldn't continue to justify how much I spend vs what I get out. It's still my favorite game for many reasons, but you can only rip through $100 in a couple days doing what you consider "normal" activities for your level before you think trying it again is f-in stupid and just throwing money away. I hate telling new people that, and it for sure is not the only experience or outcome you can have - but I cannot see a way around the fact that you end up losing and it can get high.
    I would do it again if I had the choice, but would have made some different choices along the way. I wouldn't hunt much at all if I was new - not for a long time.
    I also say screw the "you need a bigger sample size," sure one, two - three runs doesn't tell you much statistically, but I can tell you my 10 years of runs - it's the same shit you get. Saying do more runs when the runs are horrible also never makes sense to me. You can get lucky and hit big, you do eventually get some payback to take you closer to even. There are outliers that seem to make it all work well and they don't spend. I have to say in my ramblings - dont' spend anything that you cant afford to loose or are going to be upset with loosing.
    MA needs to make this game cheaper to play or it will just continue to stay how it is - same limited number of player base.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    If the only thing you are interested in doing in this game is to shoot mobs, and you are absolutely NOT going to do anything else, than I think everyone will agree here that you can't come ahead in the long run, just with hunting alone, very very very few might have but this would be purely based on luck and that is how the game is designed.

All you are doing when you are shooting mobs is converting PEDs to skills, and rolling the dice for a chance at a jackpot, similar to how the slot machines work.

But like Jhereg, I'll bite...

I've deposited about 22k usd over the last 13 years or so that I have been a depositor. I estimate that to be worth well over 40k now, but I haven't done the math on it in several years so it's probably more. Most of that was from an early investment into CLDs but that's not really the point. The point is there are a lot of different opportunities in this game to make money if you are willing to do some research about it and talk to people.

The Entropia platform is unique in the world, it's a persistent virtual universe where the virtual items and currency really belongs to you. The question you gotta ask yourself is:

- Do you want to gamble?
    - Or do you want to work hard and actually earn some money?

Hint: I could name you probably 15 players just off the top of my head right now that have chosen the second option, you are not one of them...

Legends

PS: MindArk understands how all this works of course and they are getting mighty crafty in figuring out ways to get the money to flow back from the investors and go to the hunters, cause that's where the game grows the most. I expect that this is what's going to happen as they further develop Land Plots, There have been and there will always be golden opportunities in hunting where you just can't lose cause of high demand for specific things, but you have to be able to seize those opportunities, and timing is of the essence.
    Last edited by Legends; 02-15-2020 at 19:35.
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've deposited about 22k usd over the last 13 years or so that I have been a depositor. I estimate that to be worth well over 40k now, but I haven't done the math on it in several years so it's probably more. Most of that was from an early investment into CLDs but that's not really the point.
    On the contrary, this IS exactly the point.

But I'm not even gonna start getting into this discussion AGAIN...

Sorry, don't pay attention to what I'm saying, I was just passing by..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the contrary, this IS exactly the point.

But I'm not even gonna start getting into this discussion AGAIN...

Sorry, don't pay attention to what I'm saying, I was just passing by..
    Keyword here is 'Most', which implies 'not all'. But you don't read so I'm not gonna bother. I'm just pointing this out for other people's benefit.

Lots of the profit came from other sources, I'd say the CLDs only represents about 50% of that profit, rest came from elsewhere...
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast