PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 80

Thread: Expectation

  1. #61
    Dominant Ranavolana's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Gondwana
    Avatar
    Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Posts
    503
    Blog Entries
    12
    Images
    52
    A new player maybe, but I reckon you have put your finger on it.

  2. #62
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,776
    Images
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyaron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi again,

    I'm shocked about the feedback you guys provide.

    I wanted to enlight with my post that I want just to hunt, hunt and hunt again. Doing other activities is like you start playing with multiple characters.

    I can say now I have some extra knowledge about how the system works and as a new player I'll lose constantly and this will come to at 0% of losing once you increase efficiency, looter and skills.

    To be able to get your looter at 75+ you will have to invest a LOT to go there fast, by hunting 10-20h daily, or make a long plan and FOLLOW IT. Deposit money will have to be there, or just wait for events that can keep you with lower % of loses.

    Because of the RL playground where everything is paying with RMoney, players always will keep "secrets".

    What is clear, as a new player who wants to hunt, mine or craft will be always on negative and MU won't make any difference. Playing as addicted, you have to read my first post cause those will be your expenses for playing Entropia.

    My opinion is the new players pay the bill for the UBERS profit. 5% of every deposit si MA revenue.

    Regards,
    Cyaron
    Dude, it shows you have very little knowledge of the Entropia Universe.
    All you say is rubbish.

    If you hunt hunt hunt like an idiot, yes, you will lose for sure.
    If you hunt using your brain and knowledge is not all just losing.

    Also, this universe is far more than just hunting.
    Sure if you want to do that it's ok. But you will lose especially since you don't want to use your brain.

    The cool thing about entropia that it offers many other ways to finance hunting, without the constant need of depositing.
    But you say you don't want to find those ways. Well, fair enough, but don't come complaining then!

    And please stop bragging about your knowledge since I've not read a single sensible thing from you.
    Go learn the game. Take a few years, cuz you'll need it. And then come back and try to post again.

  3. #63
    Prowler Legends's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Posts
    1,337
    Images
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyaron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi again,

    I'm shocked about the feedback you guys provide.

    I wanted to enlight with my post that I want just to hunt, hunt and hunt again. Doing other activities is like you start playing with multiple characters.

    I can say now I have some extra knowledge about how the system works and as a new player I'll lose constantly and this will come to at 0% of losing once you increase efficiency, looter and skills.

    To be able to get your looter at 75+ you will have to invest a LOT to go there fast, by hunting 10-20h daily, or make a long plan and FOLLOW IT. Deposit money will have to be there, or just wait for events that can keep you with lower % of loses.

    Because of the RL playground where everything is paying with RMoney, players always will keep "secrets".

    What is clear, as a new player who wants to hunt, mine or craft will be always on negative and MU won't make any difference. Playing as addicted, you have to read my first post cause those will be your expenses for playing Entropia.

    My opinion is the new players pay the bill for the UBERS profit. 5% of every deposit si MA revenue.

    Regards,
    Cyaron
    That isn't really true, although I can see how it would seem that way to you.

    You need to look at hunting in Entropia like you would look at sitting down at a poker table. If you go all-in with every hand you get, you will lose everything very fast. But if you take the time to read the table, and you use patience and wait until you have a nice hand, and calculate how much you can afford to bet and so on, like the pros do, you can come out ahead, at any level.

    In Entropia, and this goes for any profession, not just hunting, you need to leverage your knowledge and do the right thing at the right time.

    The 'ubers' profit because they follow this formula, not because they are ubers. I'm not an uber, my looter skill is only level 23, but I know what I need to do and when to do it.

    So it's not so much about being 'uber', it's more about experience and knowledge, and how long you've been in the game. And 'being' in the game and talking to people is totally free, so anyone can do it.

    Legends
    Last edited by Legends; 02-18-2020 at 11:09.
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Rent an Armor set: Legends' Unlimited Armor Rentals

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, it shows you have very little knowledge of the Entropia Universe.

    If you hunt hunt hunt like an idiot, yes, you will lose for sure.
    If you hunt using your brain and knowledge is not all just losing.
    Hi Wizz,

    Thank you for your input.

    Well, give me an example by hunting using YOUR brain, I may follow it.

    and how can you hunt hunt hunt like an idiot?

    I'm saying my hunting sessions are 2-3 hours, spending 1k-1.5k peds in ammo and return is the one you saw in the first post.

    I'm not using MU on weapons. and I tried different mobs, from the one low level to the one that I can kill at my level, all are the same, the difference is you can kill more mobs at low level than the one at your can kill, if this makes sense.

    Please, I challenge you to teach me how to hunt, this is all about my post!

    Regards,
    Cyaron

  5. #65
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,776
    Images
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyaron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Wizz,

    Thank you for your input.

    Well, give me an example by hunting using YOUR brain, I may follow it.

    and how can you hunt hunt hunt like an idiot?

    I'm saying my hunting sessions are 2-3 hours, spending 1k-1.5k peds in ammo and return is the one you saw in the first post.

    I'm not using MU on weapons. and I tried different mobs, from the one low level to the one that I can kill at my level, all are the same, the difference is you can kill more mobs at low level than the one at your can kill, if this makes sense.

    Please, I challenge you to teach me how to hunt, this is all about my post!

    Regards,
    Cyaron
    Well it's very simple.
    Hunting will indeed give you a 100% guaranteed loss with loot 2.0.
    You will have to find ways to compensate the 5 pec loss on every ped you spend.
    Depending on the mobs you hunt you can (partly) compensate this with MU.

    But as it will turn out for most even with MU they will still be looking at a loss.
    Fair enough since hunting is a leisure activity and costs money. Just like spinning the slots at the casino will cost you money.

    And if you expect to actually make money with hunting you'd better stop right now since you're up for a very big disappointment.
    Expect to lose. and expect to compensate some losses with MU.

    Now, here comes the other aspect I mentioned. Entropia is more then just hunting. Entropia is a Universe with a working economy.
    Use that economy to generate money to spend on hunting.
    And there have been several ways mentioned how to.

    But as you claim you only want to hunt and are not interested in the rest, ok, prepared to pay up then.
    If you really open your mind to Entropia you will see that there are more ways to play...and to hunt for free!

  6. #66
    Elite Ace Flyster's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    England, London
    Avatar
    Dave Ace Flyster
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    4,942
    Images
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it's very simple.
    Hunting will indeed give you a 100% guaranteed loss with loot 2.0.
    You will have to find ways to compensate the 5 pec loss on every ped you spend.
    Depending on the mobs you hunt you can (partly) compensate this with MU.

    But as it will turn out for most even with MU they will still be looking at a loss.
    Fair enough since hunting is a leisure activity and costs money. Just like spinning the slots at the casino will cost you money.

    And if you expect to actually make money with hunting you'd better stop right now since you're up for a very big disappointment.
    Expect to lose. and expect to compensate some losses with MU.

    Now, here comes the other aspect I mentioned. Entropia is more then just hunting. Entropia is a Universe with a working economy.
    Use that economy to generate money to spend on hunting.
    And there have been several ways mentioned how to.

    But as you claim you only want to hunt and are not interested in the rest, ok, prepared to pay up then.
    If you really open your mind to Entropia you will see that there are more ways to play...and to hunt for free!

    Hunt punies. If you are using 100% of your ped in 2-3 hours, you are hunting far to big stuff. You have no opportunity to stack anything to sell at a later date. And you have no opportunity to ride the % swings in returns.

    Rgds

    Ace
    2nd published novel: 'The Shadow Grounds'
    1st published novel: 'The Eyes of the Devil'
    Book 3 - Working Title 'The Meeting of Worlds' - 25%
    Book 4 - Sci-Fi Book - No title yet - 10%

  7. #67
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,776
    Images
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flyster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hunt punies.
    "hunt punies"
    "go sweating"

    Well, those are things I will never suggest.
    Those are inhuman activities!!

  8. #68
    Mutated Oleg's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Avatar
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Posts
    18,956
    Images
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyaron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm saying my hunting sessions are 2-3 hours, spending 1k-1.5k peds in ammo and return is the one you saw in the first post.
    That's a pretty fast turnover for a relatively new player. I suspect your choice of equipment is inefficient. Perhaps you are using an old-school non-SIB weapon?

    Looks from your OP like you might be hunting Troopers, which I would also suggest is a poor choice of mob for a relatively new player.

  9. #69
    There's a big hole in your returns.

    Wheres the global??
    After long sustained loses the game adjusts.
    The more efficient your hunting the more stable the returns.
    The more stable your returns the less you will global.

    I'm not saying it makes you a winner, but just like any gambling there are odds.
    Bigger risk bigger losses bigger wins.
    The odds are always against us.

    But at least here we get to keep our toons.
    A high level toon is not cheap.
    Experience in this game as in life is never cheap.

    Now try leveling mining and crafting at the same time :-)
    Good Luck!
    Rock

  10. #70
    Prowler TSCRYPTO's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Location
    A stone's throw away from Antarctica
    Avatar
    TS TSEC CRYPTO
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    1,593
    Images
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    But at least here we get to keep our toons.
    A high level toon is not cheap.
    Experience in this game as in life is never cheap.

    Rock
    Toons?
    This ain't WoW mate

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook