Restoration chip 9

Konvicted

Elite
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
After more than 2 months since the new L restoration chip have been released, the chip 9 (40 lvl SIB) has not yet been discovered.

Any ideas which mob Devs considered worth looting them that clearly lacks interest and hunting these days?

Chip 16 is also missing for the discovery list, but i have alot less interest for.

7 and 8 are looted in cyclops depth (mind reaver)
10 and 11 are looted on araneatrox

Could be a space mob as it's kinda hard to hang out all day grinding the variety of them.

As far as I can tell they drop from ANY mob. For example 10 drop from at least 5 different mobs. I think there is more relation to mob level than actual mob.

Could be a space mob as it's kinda hard to hang out all day grinding the variety of them.

If so. Locking such a chip in a barely hunted kind of mob is only to push chipping in to max lvl 10 or to maintain the ever going down adj resto markup

Assuming im an average joe when it comes to biotropy skill sitting at around lvl 45 bio, this is still acceptable to have to settle down to the chip below which give about the same overtime heal as adj without the initial 30-40hp boost on click.
Are the chip 9 and 16 too competitive to their eco UL alternate version adj and imp/mod. In a way that would reduce thier UL markup? Meanwhile they are not yet discovered and the mob pick to drop them seems to be far outta usual grinded mob..

Cersomon, Hispidus, Tsk Tsk ???

Cersomon, Hispidus, Tsk Tsk ???

I have tested a bit of tsk tsk highest maturity. L23 to L26 Queen. Will try again later.
Cersumon is a good guess also. Worth a try

If so. Locking such a chip in a barely hunted kind of mob is only to push chipping in to max lvl 10 or to maintain the ever going down adj resto markup

Are the chip 9 and 16 too competitive to their eco UL alternate version adj and imp/mod. In a way that would reduce thier UL markup? Meanwhile they are not yet discovered and the mob pick to drop them seems to be far outta usual grinded mob..

I think there's a floor on how low the adj will go, don't forget it requires 5k TT worth of mats. The only reason people let them go for less is because of the bonus chip that you can sell to offset the costs.

I think there's a floor on how low the adj will go, don't forget it requires 5k TT worth of mats. The only reason people let them go for less is because of the bonus chip that you can sell to offset the costs.

My point is that most people who owned an adj resto atleast would be atleast in the 40-50 biotropic range. Exactly where the chip 9 lays. My concern being: Is this chip not droping on purpose to prevent owner of adj resto to sell their chip for a L competitive version. Ofc the eco is much better on the UL version but the L chip do the damn job on the field.
To compare the 8 restoration chip already matches the adj resto heal per seconds. 9 would be like an enhanced adj resto actually.

This divine chip is only attractive for a person wishing to do the mission.
On the market. The adj resto suffers the same rule for everything else. Supply & Demand. I see adj resto going for under 4k currently with new chips being on the market weekly. Buyers do not care it cost this or that to make. While seller probably never did the mission and will likely sell at a few hundred loss. New ages markup

You make some good points, I can see how the prices can get driven down due to people willing to sell at a bit of a loss especially if they bought it rather than grind the mission. I still wouldn't part with mine unless the MU on the L versions went way down and the supply went way up. As to whether it's being artificially limited, it's an interesting idea.

I have tested a bit of tsk tsk highest maturity. L23 to L26 Queen. Will try again later.
Cersumon is a good guess also. Worth a try

We'll lower the maturity on cersumons at Red Sands Forest (S of Rei's defence) in case someone wants to try loot one.

My point is that most people who owned an adj resto atleast would be atleast in the 40-50 biotropic range. Exactly where the chip 9 lays. My concern being: Is this chip not droping on purpose to prevent owner of adj resto to sell their chip for a L competitive version. Ofc the eco is much better on the UL version but the L chip do the damn job on the field.
To compare the 8 restoration chip already matches the adj resto heal per seconds. 9 would be like an enhanced adj resto actually.

This divine chip is only attractive for a person wishing to do the mission.
On the market. The adj resto suffers the same rule for everything else. Supply & Demand. I see adj resto going for under 4k currently with new chips being on the market weekly. Buyers do not care it cost this or that to make. While seller probably never did the mission and will likely sell at a few hundred loss. New ages markup

I owned an adj resto and got my use out of it but sold because I wanted to get my PED before the drop (4.7k) and I wanted to skill up First Aid. I would never buy a Adj Resto for more than 4k and it will fall below 4k in some sales.

I don't think MA cares about the Resto 9 chip or it's influence on the Adj Resto, or at least I doubt they considered it.

Now obviously Adj Resto is good for some basic skilling and low hunting but I would say the bigger concern would be that Imp and Mod Resto chips are pretty much worthless to buy now. They were a much steeper investment that took time to get your money worth out of them and now they are easily replaced by L versions when you actually want to hunt big. Then you can save your PED for other investments.

What I mean is if you got some skills why hire a fapper now? You can buy a Resto 10 (45 ped ish) use a leech set and skip the Fapper or buying an Imp Resto. Not only that you get more skills for bigger L chips. If you aren't gung ho on a leech set and are melee the amps are cheap and give you basically an Adj Resto chip in leech ontop of your L chip. They stack nicely.

I currently use the Resto 10 chip and enjoy it as I always wanted an Imp Resto but now I never have to buy one. This then goes back to my Mission Galactica Thread as I will never finish the mission because there is no point. The mission should just be removed and replaced with something exciting like an impressive new Armor.

If I ever want a Divine chip just buy one cheap. Then buy a cheap big L Resto Chip off auction, throw on some leech and skill. The Mission Galactica is a thing of the past. There are enough UL Chips in game and removing the mission would be a good idea now.

Just my 2 cents and I do thank MA for releasing these chips, it was a brilliant idea and I think they realize the Mission Galactica is a dead mission now which is why they did it. Also it gives me a reason to skill Biogenesis and that was a reason why I also sold my Adj Resto. No point to have high lvl in that profession, which is why I switched to First Aid skillin.

So nods to MA on this move making this profession worthwhile and giving hunters options to invest PED in other things instead of pricey UL Resto Chips. ( Sorta feel bad for fappers though ) We will see how these chips effect migration for fappers.

In some ways fapping services are becoming obsolete, with high % leech gear and cheap big L Resto chips ontop of the pre existing armor efficiency changes. If we ever get armor requirements like they said. Are fapper services a thing of the past? Could be....:scratch2:

Last edited:
Other less hunted mobs...second entity, razortooth, steel bird, sonic squid maybe?:scratch2:

Hi there,
Are you kidding now? :D
Adj resto is what i use all the time, and when i need to fap I use my mod2600 on top of it.
And im not hunting the smallest mobs :)

I'm no way near to maximize the new chips, even after skilling for 15years ingame. :)
I think I know one swedish player who can maximize the new (L) chips.
I dont even try to use them because my skills are so bad on them, isnt they like level 80 MF?

Mission Galactica is still one of the best missions ingame, and everybody should do the quest to get their own adjusted resto.
In my dreams I own a Modified Resto, i'm never gonna get all the loot needed to fulfill the quest for the mod, but i will try. lol

Just my 5 cents....

/Deux Ex

I owned an adj resto and got my use out of it but sold because I wanted to get my PED before the drop (4.7k) and I wanted to skill up First Aid. I would never buy a Adj Resto for more than 4k and it will fall below 4k in some sales.

I don't think MA cares about the Resto 9 chip or it's influence on the Adj Resto, or at least I doubt they considered it.

Now obviously Adj Resto is good for some basic skilling and low hunting but I would say the bigger concern would be that Imp and Mod Resto chips are pretty much worthless to buy now. They were a much steeper investment that took time to get your money worth out of them and now they are easily replaced by L versions when you actually want to hunt big. Then you can save your PED for other investments.

What I mean is if you got some skills why hire a fapper now? You can buy a Resto 10 (45 ped ish) use a leech set and skip the Fapper or buying an Imp Resto. Not only that you get more skills for bigger L chips. If you aren't gung ho on a leech set and are melee the amps are cheap and give you basically an Adj Resto chip in leech ontop of your L chip. They stack nicely.

I currently use the Resto 10 chip and enjoy it as I always wanted an Imp Resto but now I never have to buy one. This then goes back to my Mission Galactica Thread as I will never finish the mission because there is no point. The mission should just be removed and replaced with something exciting like an impressive new Armor.

If I ever want a Divine chip just buy one cheap. Then buy a cheap big L Resto Chip off auction, throw on some leech and skill. The Mission Galactica is a thing of the past. There are enough UL Chips in game and removing the mission would be a good idea now.

Just my 2 cents and I do thank MA for releasing these chips, it was a brilliant idea and I think they realize the Mission Galactica is a dead mission now which is why they did it. Also it gives me a reason to skill Biogenesis and that was a reason why I also sold my Adj Resto. No point to have high lvl in that profession, which is why I switched to First Aid skillin.

So nods to MA on this move making this profession worthwhile and giving hunters options to invest PED in other things instead of pricey UL Resto Chips. ( Sorta feel bad for fappers though ) We will see how these chips effect migration for fappers.

In some ways fapping services are becoming obsolete, with high % leech gear and cheap big L Resto chips ontop of the pre existing armor efficiency changes. If we ever get armor requirements like they said. Are fapper services a thing of the past? Could be....:scratch2:

Hi there,
Are you kidding now? :D
Adj resto is what i use all the time, and when i need to fap I use my mod2600 on top of it.

I'm no way near to maximize the new chips, even after skilling for 15years ingame. :)
I think I know one swedish player who can maximize the new (L) chips.
I dont even try to use them because my skills are so bad on them, isnt they like level 80 MF?

Mission Galactica is still one of the best missions ingame, and everybody should do the quest to get their own adjusted resto.
In my dreams I own a Modified Resto, i'm never gonna get all the loot needed to fulfill the quest for the mod, but i will try. lol

Just my 5 cents....

/Deux Ex

Hello there ;) No I wasn't kidding and you are entitled to your opinion but a mission that has lost extreme value over time and has been open for too long can now be replaced with an actual great new mission to revitalize the Mission Galactica. I disagree in doing the mission completely as there is currently an Adj Resto in auction for 3899 (No bids) The Imp and MoD resto will lose even more value so why not gut this ancient dead mission out of the game and give the remaining UL chips in game some preserved MU while introducing a new missions that is actually exciting!!! It is time to move on.

To your point (in regards to skills) instead of doing the mission it's easy to skip it and just buy the Adj Resto off auction for under 4k skill with that and then when you want to hunt big buy cheap L Resto chips. ( that currently are falling in MU)

I long wanted an Imp Resto but I just checked prices and can buy a Resto 10 for 33 Ped instead which I currently use. I am level 50 Biogenesis and joined in 2016 and took a year off using Resto chips. From here on out once you get to 50 Level there is not much reason to have above an UL Adj Resto chip. You can still skill with that if you want but you can now buy cheap Resto 10 + chips and use that with leech and other faps. It's really cheap so I can invest PED in something of much greater value instead of UL IMP or MOD.

Furthermore it is easier than ever to skill Biogenesis profession!! MF was revitalized since adding amps, FEN chips and the HP changes. There are old Biogenesis missions (some repeatable) a reason to skill Biogenesis now and also with the introduction of Codex you can now easily pump up the Biogensis profession.

I see no difficulty in taking my level 50 Biogenesis profession to level 70+ if i want this year. It just isn't that hard anymore now that they added many ways to do that and a reason to skill it. So my perspective is different than yours. I will agree to disagree. :D

Thanks Abomb

Last edited:

This statement reconfirms my original thought. We know you hunt pretty big mobs and you only need Adj Resto. If you decide for the day to go EVEN bigger on hunting you can just buy a L Resto 10+ Chip for cheap and skip the hired fapper. You don't have to invest to scale up your hunting when you want to cut loose and have some fun which is a good thing. Since I am sure you already invested a lot in gear and skills :D

Also with the addition of many Leech items, amps, rings etc... This leech makes heal over time effects more powerful as you get higher Dps. It's like having a Resto chip in just leech heals.

One big benefit of Mod UL chip is yes it WAS godly and 1% life leech WAS important so you could wear a Cloak for another 1% and go on big mobs.

Now though you can save PED for that investment of the UL Mod and spend it on decent leech rings, amps in a decent set up. Nullifying the importance of the Mod chips 1% leech since you can get it from many sources now.

Another thought is the L Resto chips are 95% Heal over time instead of the UL 80% making them really powerful with leech sets. Times have just changed is all with a lot more gear options and buffs.

I just can't see the point in the investment in UL Imp or Mod now with all the other leech gear you could get as a higher priority and use a L Resto when you need it. Also Resto 10 drops off of heavily hunted mobs.

Just some additional thoughts as I just bought another L Resto 10 Chip and been doing some hunting with 6% leech. I don't have any leech on rings etc... just melee leech amp with resto going and relax.

PS- I'll throw one bone out there for UL chip holders, I guess the Mod Resto can be decent for situational PvP since it does have an instant heal at first that is good. Are you really buying a Mod Resto for situational PvP though? That is like putting gold rims on a Ferrari so I guess if you got money to blow then sure go ahead but do you reeeaaally need it? Gonna say no as there are just other options (some better too)

Last edited:
Pretty sure loots aren't distrubuted to specific creature species except loots like exo wool, daikiba tusk, merp horn etc... I think cold fabric is another species-specific loot but for the most part nope.

What about the ECO?

I bought the UL Resto Chip mainly because of its ECO witch is higher than the ECO of any Restoration Chip or FAP, except some Mod FAP or special L healing tools.

The second reason was the different Cooldown group which helps solo hunters a lot to either directly switch to the weapon again or in case of criticals use another healing tool to counteract the critical hit.

Surely not in one month or one year the MU of the adjusted Resto Chip is repaied with the peds I do not have to spend on repair or the time the mob does not have to hit me or to regen its HP's because I have to wait to switch to a weapon.

OK, I do not know if with the new loot system where healing costs are also included as cost to kill a mob if the peds I save by my cheap healing tool are lost in lesser loot gained by killing the mob.

In the meantime I enjoy to nearly never have to repair my UL Restoration Chip and having not to wait after a heal with switching to weapon again, especially on high regen mobs.

What about the ECO?

I bought the UL Resto Chip mainly because of its ECO witch is higher than the ECO of any Restoration Chip or FAP, except some Mod FAP or special L healing tools.

The second reason was the different Cooldown group which helps solo hunters a lot to either directly switch to the weapon again or in case of criticals use another healing tool to counteract the critical hit.

Surely not in one month or one year the MU of the adjusted Resto Chip is repaied with the peds I do not have to spend on repair or the time the mob does not have to hit me or to regen its HP's because I have to wait to switch to a weapon.

OK, I do not know if with the new loot system where healing costs are also included as cost to kill a mob if the peds I save by my cheap healing tool are lost in lesser loot gained by killing the mob.

In the meantime I enjoy to nearly never have to repair my UL Restoration Chip and having not to wait after a heal with switching to weapon again, especially on high regen mobs.

Yea Eco is important well it was more important but as you stated healing loot is returned. Don't get me wrong the Adj Resto is still good as it is needed for basic skilling and all the time use. You can pick this chip up for cheap compared to trying to skill with L Resto.

My point is once you skill with Adj Resto you don't need to ever do the mission or waste ped on the Imp or Mod chips as their value will plummet due to the changes I mentioned in the above post. Again would love to see a redesign on the Mission Galactica and have some awesome new Armor or Weapon options in there to work towards instead of the chips. This would revitalize the market for materials MU like oils. This would also secure the MU of existing UL chips since no more can be attained. Since this thread is about UL chips MU and L chips.

L Chips I tested Decay

L Resto 8 decay was 1.12 PEC
L Resto 10 decay was 1.08 PEC

I am assuming if this is the trend the bigger L chips are more eco. Again love that MA did this so we have a reason to skill Biogenesis but please give us a new Mission Galactica with some awesome UL armor or Weapons.

Thanks

PS - Please allow all Regen and Resto chips to tier, it's time that this works. It is also the only way to improve MU on UL chips besides removing the mission.

Last edited:
3 months later. Still no sign of the chip

Time has passed. Lots of skilling was done. I am now using restoration chip 11 and moving to 12 soon.
I dont feel so much concerned by this anymore.
The restoration chip 9 and 16 are not yet discovered.. as a reminder all others were found in december 2019.
We the community have killed all the mob that exist on calypso.
I am now clueless what to kill to help the hunters with these chips.

Time has passed. Lots of skilling was done. I am now using restoration chip 11 and moving to 12 soon.
I dont feel so much concerned by this anymore.
The restoration chip 9 and 16 are not yet discovered.. as a reminder all others were found in december 2019.
We the community have killed all the mob that exist on calypso.
I am now clueless what to kill to help the hunters with these chips.
Some are not meant to be discovered. too bad you cant skill with them when in your skill range.

Back