Other rewards besides skills in the Codex

I'm not interested in a battle of egos about who knows more and who is right and who is wrong

Thank you for repeating exactly what I told you 3 days ago in another thread:

I'm willing to discuss factual matters.
But I'm not at all interested in ego battles.

It shows that you read what I write and that you remember it.
That's a good point.

But the problem is that ego battle is exactly what you do all the time whith me.
It getting annoying now, and it just wastes everybody's time, so it'd be nice to stick to the facts.

Who's right and who's wrong has nothing to do with ego, and, contrary to what you say, is very important when discussing facts.
It is even the only thing that matters.

So since you want to talk about the mission system, it would be nice to ask the opinion of people who know the subject.
If you know very little about a subject, don't try to contradict people who know it very well.

Now let me show you how your answers suffer from a great lack of logic...

You made a thread called "Other rewards besides skills in the Codex".

And when someone proposes something that you don't like, that doesn't meet your personal expectations, because that's what it's all about no matter what you say...

Well, you give that answer:

If items are added to Codex I'm afraid other missions will lose their relevance. The Codex I think is intended to be a replacement strictly for Iron Missions.

So.. Please.. Explain to us.
If it's a replacement strictly for Iron Missions, then what is the purpose of this thread ? :confused:
What you say is that we can't have items as reward since there were none in Iron Mission..

Then this answer goes for everything YOU suggest and everything others suggest.

Iron missions rewards whith skills only, so Codex will too.
End of story, please delete this thread.

So please, again it getting annoying now.
Stop making it all about you, let the serious people talk seriously, and stop drowning the serious informations in a flood of futility.

Also just saying, that so far all the people I've talked to about it, think the idea is pretty good.
And that the only one who see something wrong with it, is you.
But you can't explain seriously why.
You don't even have the slightest serious argument for it... :rolleyes:

If you feel hurt by this again, go running or go to Yoga instead of adding a new layer again.

Thank you for repeating exactly what I told you 3 days ago in another thread:

It shows that you read what I write and that you remember it.
That's a good point.

But the problem is that ego battle is exactly what you do all the time whith me.
It getting annoying now, and it just wastes everybody's time, so it'd be nice to stick to the facts.

Who's right and who's wrong has nothing to do with ego, and, contrary to what you say, is very important when discussing facts.
It is even the only thing that matters.

So since you want to talk about the mission system, it would be nice to ask the opinion of people who know the subject.
If you know very little about a subject, don't try to contradict people who know it very well.

And when someone proposes something that you don't like, that doesn't meet your personal expectations, because that's what it's all about no matter what you say...

If it's a replacement strictly for Iron Missions, then what is the purpose of this thread ? :confused:
What you say is that we can't have items as reward since there were none in Iron Mission..

So please, again it getting annoying now.
Stop making it all about you, let the serious people talk seriously, and stop drowning the serious informations in a flood of futility.

Also just saying, that so far all the people I've talked to about it, think the idea is pretty good.
And that the only one who see something wrong with it, is you.
But you can't explain seriously why.
You don't even have the slightest serious argument for it... :rolleyes:

If you feel hurt by this again, go running or go to Yoga instead of adding a new layer again.

Wow, you are just full of wonderful ideas... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your contributions Cirrus, very much appreciated, Bye-bye now :wave:

:loco:

Last edited:
I hate codex and what it will do to the game. Some of us have been playing games over 40 years and have seen bad ideas happen over and over....this is one of them. Dilution of one of the key components of the game, skills, lacks foresight and creativity, especially considering the structure of mayhems.

If anything add attributes back, otherwise I WILL become bored of this game and leave in time if codex is the master plan. But these buffs are cool ideas... I know I certainly dont want skills as rewards 600k + is way too many anyhow.

Agreed. I think lets have a token option. Lets make all tokens tradeable or preferably rationalise to 1 tradeable token type. Increase the total types of items and put them in one NPC. So we can all get what we want and can afford.

e.g. your tokens could buy the attributes you want.
The gun a noob or mid or veteran player wants.
Ammo
probes
skill pills
enhancement skills
Tools
amplifiers
clothing
a tp to another planet
a revive pill
a gift (something you can give other players or noobs) or stuff to fill estates with
There are so many diverse ideas the player base could add to this that MA could satiate the players wishes with.

Last edited:
Wow, you are just full of wonderful ideas... :rolleyes:

Thanks for your contributions Cirrus, very much appreciated, Bye-bye now :wave:

:loco:

Are you 12 years old ?
Be a man and answer seriously to the facts.
Why don't you just answer that ?

"If items are added to Codex I'm afraid other missions will lose their relevance. The Codex I think is intended to be a replacement strictly for Iron Missions."

You know, I'll tell you why...
You don't give a shit about the game, and you don't give a shit about the community.
All you care about is yourself and your own personal profit.
That's why you've spent the last 13 years ingame trading.

Now you want to look like a benefactor and a philanthropist ?
But that sounds fake.
You talk a lot, but all you do is blow hot air.

And just in case there's any sincerity in your approach,
Keep in mind that you are actually NOT free.
Your personal interests will always conflict with the interests of the community.

Everything you own ends up owning you.

Agreed. I think lets have a token option. Lets make all tokens tradeable or preferably rationalise to 1 tradeable token type.

No no no no!!!!

I for sure want tokens back instead of the generic skill increase.

But DONT EVER MAKE THEM TRADABLE!!!

for this reason:

Skills are meaningless since they can be bought. Highly skilled avatars can either mean they're extremely dedicated or just rich and having bought them all.
Attributes are a true measure of an entropian.
They're all EARNED!!
Either by natural improvement or by hunting for rewards. Either way, it takes commitment...unlike skills.

That's why I fancy attributes over skills ANY day!

Making tokens tradeable will kill all the charm the attributes represent.
Just buy your way up. Power to the money! Bleh!

I couldn't care less about skills or attributes, and I already have more buff pills than I know what to do with, so small interesting items in the rewards would be a greater incentive for me to grind than any of the other things presented. I would also be ok with tokens that I could buy shit with.

Legends, please explain why you think this is a bad idea?

I couldn't care less about skills or attributes, and I already have more buff pills than I know what to do with, so small interesting items in the rewards would be a greater incentive for me to grind than any of the other things presented. I would also be ok with tokens that I could buy shit with.

Legends, please explain why you think this is a bad idea?

Hi Detritus. I didn't say that adding items in the Codex is a bad idea. First I said this:

Well, kind of repeating myself I know but other missions are better for that sort of stuff. Codex is just a skilling booster, to give people hope that they have a chance to catch up although they are late to the party. My whole thought process about the buffs is that it acts as a sort of shortcut (as in: give me the ability to do that DPS right now as opposed to having to grind for weeks to get there), and gives the ubers something else they can take since they already have too much skill anyway.

Then I re-iterated it and said it like this:

I don't think that items as rewards in the Codex actually 'fits' with what MindArk has in mind for the Codex.

It is just an opinion, it undoubtedly is a flawed opinion but when I look at the Daily Token trader, I see already dozens upon dozens of items to choose from so I'm not sure what we are gaining here by adding similar items to Codex that are already available in the Daily Token trader...

Will there ever be items added to the Codex rewards? I'm sure there will be. I'm not saying there shouldn't be. I just thought that there might be better things that could be added to Codex rewards, that's all.

Legends

Are you 12 years old ?
Be a man and answer seriously to the facts.
Why don't you just answer that ?

You know, I'll tell you why...
You don't give a shit about the game, and you don't give a shit about the community.
All you care about is yourself and your own personal profit.
That's why you've spent the last 13 years ingame trading.

Now you want to look like a benefactor and a philanthropist ?
But that sounds fake.
You talk a lot, but all you do is blow hot air.

And just in case there's any sincerity in your approach,
Keep in mind that you are actually NOT free.
Your personal interests will always conflict with the interests of the community.

Everything you own ends up owning you.

Cant argue with this!

I think how people are donating skills to stay in certain category codex should also have the reward option to decrease certain skills instead of rewarding with skills :D

I think how people are donating skills to stay in certain category codex should also have the reward option to decrease certain skills instead of rewarding with skills :D

Hilarious, but sadly this is not even that bad.

Where's the time that having high skills was cool?

This game is broken :(

Hilarious, but sadly this is not even that bad.

Where's the time that having high skills was cool?

This game is broken :(

You mean Caly is broken.

I've participated in other events on other planets that seemed much more inclusive without having people shoe-horn their avatars into a particular comfort zone.

Back