Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images

Other rewards besides skills in the Codex

Was just thinking 'what if I don't want any more skills?' Most of them are not profitable to sell anyway. What good is the Codex to me if I don't want my skills to increase any further? Yeah I could take skills like Botany that won't raise my hunting level beyond my Mayhem Category but that would just be wasting the reward really, so why should I care about the Codex?

I know some are going to say "Take the Alertness, Anatomy and Perception skills, those raise your Looter professions and you want that..." Yeah, Perception also raises my (Hit) professions, Anatomy also raises my (Dmg) professions and Alertness is only in one of the Reward sets...

Maybe instead of this:

1.25 PED Analysis
    1.25 PED Animal Lore
    1.25 PED Biology
    1.25 PED Botany
    1.25 PED Computer
    1.25 PED Explosives
    1.25 PED Heavy Weapons
    1.25 PED Support Weapon Systems
    1.25 PED Zoology

We could have a Reward list that looked something like this:

1.25 PED Analysis
    1.25 PED Animal Lore
    1.25 PED Biology
    1.25 PED Botany
    1.25 PED Computer
    1.25 PED Explosives
    1.25 PED Heavy Weapons
    1.25 PED Support Weapon Systems
    1.25 PED Zoology
    Increased Critical Damage by 20% for 1 hour
    Increased Critical Chance by 2% for 30 minutes
    Increased Health Regeneration by 75% for 1 hour
    Increased Health by 20% for 1 hour
    Increased Health by 15 points for 1 hour
    Increased Reload speed by 5% for 1 hour
    Increased Run speed by 5% for 1 hour
    20% skill boost for 1 hour

The buffs here are meant to be around half of the buffs on the 10mg pills.

The reason I added the skill boost even though it seems to contradict the whole argument for even adding the buffs, was in case someone wanted to skill up something else like mining or crafting, or beautician, even coloring...

The buff would start when you choose the reward so you can save it for the opportune time. Theoretically, a hunter could save a bunch of rewards for a hunting run he/she wants to do on a mob that is too big for him/her to hunt otherwise. So it's just a shortcut to get to that bigger mob sooner in that case, as opposed to the long grind required to actually raise the skills to that level.

Just a thought.

Legends

PS: of course there is a bigger problem here, which is that the Mayhem doesn't have prizes that seem to be proportionate to the cost of participating for the different categories (cost to participate in Cat 10 is not equal to the cost to participate in Cat 1, yet the winner gets 1 Placement token in either one). The other problem being that players are not in complete control of their skills, which only rise. Cost to reduce your skills is too high, which I think is the opposite of what was originally intended in the early beginnings of the game, and it's sad that MA still hasn't gotten around to doing something about this.
    Last edited by Legends; 02-16-2020 at 22:14.
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog!

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Phill No1 Jackson
    I wonder if your trying to solve the wrong problem here.

The codex is supposed to solve the issues with team hunting, massive iron missions, be a more engaging and show progress in smaller steps, all these things are to keep people hunting and levelling and so the prizes are valid. I think it's too early to have it do more than that.

I think perhaps mayhem is at the point where it should be scrapped and have something else put in place, something that is more inclusive to other professions and more cost relative prize categories and more prizes in general, but lets not mix the two things together they should be kept separate IMO.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Codex mission rewards are rubbish. Those rewards to me are no incentive to grind.
    Gimme back the attribute token rewards!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I hate codex and what it will do to the game. Some of us have been playing games over 40 years and have seen bad ideas happen over and over....this is one of them. Dilution of one of the key components of the game, skills, lacks foresight and creativity, especially considering the structure of mayhems.

If anything add attributes back, otherwise I WILL become bored of this game and leave in time if codex is the master plan. But these buffs are cool ideas... I know I certainly dont want skills as rewards 600k + is way too many anyhow.

Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Great Grand Master Pyro L120+
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - damage and mining depth 1-10 + more!
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 600k+ skills

I like Legends idea of instant buff, but I'd like to see the reward as 30min pills. Also needed is sorting stacking out. Right now it's bingo what stacks and what doesn't.

Attribute tokens would be nice too.

L26 reward could be an item used together with armor or gun in refiner (only L stuff!) to add crit/evade/hp buff. Or used as crafting ingredient to add buffs on L items when crafted.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hell just make em permanent buffs, not this limited time crap... but make it worth it... so like don't allow this until you get to the repeatable stage, and then only let avatar get the buff one time, so buff part would not be repeatable... or it could be a repeatable type mission but you'd only get to choose any one of the permabuffs once... then have to do the repeatable part 5 times before you get to choose second buff but when you there you could not choose the same buff you chose previously, etc.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    When codex first arrived I pointed out how boring and pointless it would all feel as soon as the initial gloss wore off. Increasingly people are saying it is boring.. that we have lost the personal targets and kudos of the larger less frequent rewards.
    A compromise would perhaps be codex similar to now with intermittent bonus points. for instance tokens for attributes at say every 10 levels or 20 levels of a particular mob
    or perhaps a choice of attribute token or a buff token that can be used in various quantities for purchase of buffs, both (L) and (UL) could be offered for the appropriate number of tokens. I would however suggest that such buffs be player bound to prevent use of farming by bots

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny Rowan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Increasingly people are saying it is boring.. that we have lost the personal targets and kudos of the larger less frequent rewards.
    This.

As the codex rewards are ALL THE SAME, it doesnt matter anymore what you hunt (in regards to mission rewards).
    With the iron you could search the mission chain for the rewards that you liked.

I was after missions that rewarded Psyche tokens. So I searched and searched for all those missions.
    That was part of the fun. Having a goal.

The codex missions are goalless, useless and all the same.
    No more searching for stuff. no more personal goals.

we will all die of boredom.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Danny Finnigan Fitzpatrick
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    I see mostly higher lvl players complaining here and I can somehow understand them. But for low- to mid-lvl players this gives the opportunity to continue progressing without having to go to the really big mobs right away.
    Even noobs can progress as all mobs are in it.
    Showing emotions is a way to hide our true feelings

See my live streams

I agree that there should be more than skills in reward choices.

But I'd go with items, like CDF weapons, for example.

Parts of armor, weapons, heal tools, or others (L) items that would have very good stats, and why not buffs.

Not at all stages for sure, but would be nice to see that, for example, at rank 10, 15, 21, 26.
    Highest is the rank, better are the items.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast