I wonder if the connection problems will be solved ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I tried to log in this morning. First time loading sit there and and got the not responding pop from Microsoft. Second as it started is said connection lost before I ever got in. Third I got the "You are logged in" message. Then finally got in but still THE LAG, THE LAG, I am going mad lol. Makes me wonder if MA is trying to drive us out. How much money could MA make on the TT that is owed to the players if we all just quit because we could not stay logged in long enough to TT our stuff ? Think about it. I am still getting constance lag, I can tell because my sound system keeps blinking which means it not getting a signal. I am also getting "the creature can not be harmed" thing again and we have not had that in a while, at least I have not seen it.

Think about it.

February 2020 - check

Compilation coming in December stay tune ! :yay:

ps no lag and i am on shit internet atm

Think about that

I recently had a lot of disconnection problems, which started when the new graphics update arrived, or when I got a new PC. Both things happened the same week so I'm not sure which caused it, but I solved it by reducing my connection speed, which you can do using the Tools button on the client loader. Brought it down to 512kb and haven't had a DC since. So, try that.

slackwater.jpg

Thanks all for the feed back. I need to talk to someone living in Arizona with COX to see if they are having problems.

I recently had a lot of disconnection problems, which started when the new graphics update arrived, or when I got a new PC. Both things happened the same week so I'm not sure which caused it, but I solved it by reducing my connection speed, which you can do using the Tools button on the client loader. Brought it down to 512kb and haven't had a DC since. So, try that.

Thanks I will give that a try.

I have had some horror lag. Primarily in the evenings (my time).
Mobs rubber-banding. Disappearing, while attacking me and then re-appearing etc.
For me, I am guessing it's purely geographical.

I tried to no avail. Having said that I have 40-60 megabit cable connectionand most of the time at 60 and I don't understand why slowing it down would work. Not arguing with you or being a ass (not this time anyway lol) just wondering.

One other thing for you internet gurus, what about the threads count ? I noticed it was set to 12. I did set my D/L to 1 megabit and that seemed to help some how about the thread count?

I tried to no avail. Having said that I have 40-60 megabit cable connectionand most of the time at 60 and I don't understand why slowing it down would work. Not arguing with you or being a ass (not this time anyway lol) just wondering.

I'm no expert on these things but my understanding is that it's more to do with the speed coming from the remote server rather than your own connection. I have a high speed fibre optic connection. Maybe try a few different settings and see if any of them work, if you didn't do that already.

Have you confidently ruled out your local setup? Checked your line for packet loss? Looked for abnormal bandwidth usage (e.g. malware)?

Next step is checking the route, typically just a combo of traceroute and ping will be enough to expose a bad hop along the way. You can easily circumvent a bad route just by selecting a VPN server geographically closer to EU's servers.

I'm on gigabit fiber in Portland, not terribly far from you. I don't usually have much trouble, and I'm usually routing through Seattle. On occasion when I do get some laggy periods, I usually find that routing through Montreal or Atlanta gives good results. YMMV

Not near as bad as I have heard peops complaining. Perhaps because my Processor is a i9 and high end graphics card and maxed out on RAM. LOL

No, those things will help more with framerate than latency. It's more likely because you're in the Netherlands. I bet if we compared traceroutes from you and Coz it would be pretty obvious.

Have you confidently ruled out your local setup? Checked your line for packet loss? Looked for abnormal bandwidth usage (e.g. malware)?

Next step is checking the route, typically just a combo of traceroute and ping will be enough to expose a bad hop along the way. You can easily circumvent a bad route just by selecting a VPN server geographically closer to EU's servers.

I'm on gigabit fiber in Portland, not terribly far from you. I don't usually have much trouble, and I'm usually routing through Seattle. On occasion when I do get some laggy periods, I usually find that routing through Montreal or Atlanta gives good results. YMMV

I did and although some seems a little slow not much. Very consistence with my ISP around 50-60 mega bits all the time.

I must say though it seems to be calming down and bearable now. Thank the Lord :).

Thank you all for your help, it is most appreciated. It is really great to have a community like this were all can go to for help.

BTW The time seems to make a diff, like when more players are on at prime times, but as this is all over the world prime time seems to be most of the time. :(

Back