Question: Is all decay included when hunting?

Goosfraba

Mature
Society
Victory
Lunareth Luna Moon
As I understand it the decay of armors and such are included in your "calculated return" and I recall reading somewhere that the same goes for the decay on your fap as long as you have attacked a mob first. So my question is, does this apply to any type of decay then such as armor plates, enhancers etc (I get that MU is not included so it is only the tt-value decay)? As an example, let's say I attack a mob and then I start repairing my vehicle or use one of those (L) repair tools to repair my weapon, does the decay on the i.e. RK-5 or repair tool get included in your potential return then? :confused:

And just to be sure I got this right, if I use a fap to heal between mobs that decay is lost right, I don't get any return based on that decay since I haven't engaged a mob before use right?

Thanks for all the answers in advance! :)

As an example, let's say I attack a mob and then I start repairing my vehicle or use one of those (L) repair tools to repair my weapon, does the decay on the i.e. RK-5 or repair tool get included in your potential return then? :confused:

No. Same as scanning a mob before you kill it. That's also not returned.

And just to be sure I got this right, if I use a fap to heal between mobs that decay is lost right, I don't get any return based on that decay since I haven't engaged a mob before use right?

yes, healing in between is NOT refunded.

No. Same as scanning a mob before you kill it. That's also not returned.

yes, healing in between is NOT refunded.

Bored at work here. I don't suppose anyone has done a test with a massively inefficient fap, to see/confirm that decay from fapping while hunting a mob is returned in loot?

Rgds

Ace

Bored at work here. I don't suppose anyone has done a test with a massively inefficient fap, to see/confirm that decay from fapping while hunting a mob is returned in loot?

Rgds

Ace

Healing is returned in loot as long as you tagged the mob (or the mob agros you, not totally sure).
Healing in between, without a tagged/agro mob is not returned.

As for enhancers, the TT value is returned to you in non-loot shrapnel, so enhancers will not affect loot returns directly.

Rgds

Ace

You could try with EMT Kit Ek-2500 Deluxe

Has anyone tested it?
Ace

I've tested it with various percentage results, even on a really really low cost fap and directly drowning the mob.
I got a shrap max of 75% of the tt cost to use - AND also if I was between mobs and had never met the next mob before when I healed.
If you move shrap away from inventory into a box, it is easy to see how much you get off any one mob (and any particular healing tool). Once I didn't get my cost back off the next mob, but the mob after that. The totals over several mobs on that 5 pec thingie from Toulan amounted to 75% of tt cost, regardless of when I chose to interact and when to heal. Note: no killing with weaps was done that would give any randomness to the loot. Yay to getting almost 4 pecs back :woot:
I've not done any scanning or repairing.

I've tested it with various percentage results, even on a really really low cost fap and directly drowning the mob.
I got a shrap max of 75% of the tt cost to use - AND also if I was between mobs and had never met the next mob before when I healed.
If you move shrap away from inventory into a box, it is easy to see how much you get off any one mob (and any particular healing tool). Once I didn't get my cost back off the next mob, but the mob after that. The totals over several mobs on that 5 pec thingie from Toulan amounted to 75% of tt cost, regardless of when I chose to interact and when to heal. Note: no killing with weaps was done that would give any randomness to the loot. Yay to getting almost 4 pecs back :woot:
I've not done any scanning or repairing.

That's cool testing.

75% of what? One heal with a tool? Or multiple heals with a tool on teh same mob?

EDIT: ahhh i see, 75% of cost. So if you healed yourself for 100 ped of healing decay, drowned the mob, you would get 75 ped back? (ish)

Rgds

Ace

As for enhancers, the TT value is returned to you in non-loot shrapnel, so enhancers will not affect loot returns directly.

Oh interesting, so is this why you usually get two "piles" of shrapnel when looting mobs sometimes?

That's cool testing.

75% of what? One heal with a tool? Or multiple heals with a tool on teh same mob?

Rgds

Ace

Both. There is a small rounding of 1 shrap now and again :eyecrazy:, but 10 heals on 1 mob, then drowned, equals 10 times the shrap from just one heal. Anyone can test it near water/turrets.
If you have multiple mobs attacking you when you heal, then they individually give you a share of shrap when they drown. The total from them is the expected amount.

I believe that most hunting related things are used in loot calculation. But I think there is a deminishing return for inefecient decay. IE the first few uses of your fap count the full decay in loot but the more you use your fap on a single mob the less is counted for loot.

Oh interesting, so is this why you usually get two "piles" of shrapnel when looting mobs sometimes?

The extra pile is "bonus" shrap from a shared pool.

[*]A special hunting bonus pool will be implemented that will distribute funds from various sources, including skill misses, PVP, marketing and special events, which will improve overall loot returns for all participants.

are you sure?
That's against what I've been taught. :scratch2:

no, this not has to do with enhancers unless you mean the direct shrap gain when one breaks.

The "bonus" shrapnel pile comes from a bonus pool which is filled by weapon "misses".
You get those misses when using a non sib weapon you didnt max.
When you only use maxed sib weapons you won't have such misses.

....if Im not mistaken.

It would be great if healing cost between mobs would count toward next mob attacked. I will test that myself now that drowning a mob returns decay - I just need to heal myself when no mob attacks and then argo one and drown it. That 75% return may be affected by the fact mob was never looted but drowned or killed by turret - in normal setting it may be 90%+ according to weap eff, just a guess.

It would be great if healing cost between mobs would count toward next mob attacked. I will test that myself now that drowning a mob returns decay - I just need to heal myself when no mob attacks and then argo one and drown it. That 75% return may be affected by the fact mob was never looted but drowned or killed by turret - in normal setting it may be 90%+ according to weap eff, just a guess.

One thing I'd be curious about if testing has been done or if someone takes a look in the future is if you just need to target a mob while healing before ever attacking it to get decay back, or if you need to be actively engaged (you attack it or it attacked you at least once).

And tested. Healing between mobs is returned with next mob attacked or argoed.

What I did:
- I got attacked by puny outside port atlantis, my HP dropped below 50%
- I pulled that mob into turret, got nothing of course
- I did one click on S10
- went back and argoed next mob, I didn't hit it at all (but it hit me 3 times with one miss before turrenting it)
- I pulled that mob into turret again, this time I got 2pec shraps from S10 click I did between mobs

That's really great, will save me some waiting between mobs as I usually don't need battle healing.

Last edited:
One thing I'd be curious about if testing has been done or if someone takes a look in the future is if you just need to target a mob while healing before ever attacking it to get decay back, or if you need to be actively engaged (you attack it or it attacked you at least once).

Or in its 'Attack range', at least that code already exists, so that is what i would use.

Rgds

Ace

What I did:
- I did one click on S10
- went back and argoed next mob, I didn't hit it at all (but it hit me 3 times with one miss before turrenting it)
- I pulled that mob into turret again, this time I got 2pec shraps from S10 click I did between mobs

That's really great, will save me some waiting between mobs as I usually don't need battle healing.

cool thanks.
Another wrong assumption of me righted! :thumbup:

After burning 5ped of fap on punies, I can confirm turreting returns exactly 75% of fap decay.

Last test I would do is to test fap decay return on hunting. Is it also steady 75% or randomized 90%+ like weapon decay? I think we could test it by hunting very small mob with high fap decay - like fapping 100HP and then killing 10HP mob - rinse and repeat few times.

What I did:
- I did one click on S10

Was this naked? I only ask as I am wondering if the 2pec was your armor getting hit by the one hit you 2x

Hmm, hunting test is not that easy to interpret. I was spending 10pec on healing and then killing 10HP puny. But I was getting even as low as 0.04ped return after kill. That's way too low for constant 75% return I was getting after turreting mobs. So either fap decay is more random during hunting or not returned. I didn't make enough tests to tell which is true. It just takes too long for puny to push my HP down - I don't have few hours to test that properly.

We have to be aware that fap decay return during hunting was added with 2.0 release so like 2 years+ ago. Returning shrapnel on drowning or turreting is new thing - it may be different code so it's possible that fapping before argo is returned when drowning but NOT returned when hunting. More testing needed here and probably on smaller mob (like 2hp bank robber) or with more healing before kill.

Does taming play any part?....

I sometimes trick pets for fun. Does tricking them when hunting and mob is aggro return something? How does rings work in or pet buffs?

By my testing it appears that healing between mobs adds the loot to the next mob.

My testing method:

1. Aggro a mob and allow the mob to do 90% damage to you.
2. Turret the mob (no loot received)
3. Heal yourself (decay incurred)
4. Aggro another mob and then turret it without healing yourself (loot received)

My observation shows loot.

I believe this observation supports the theory that decay incurred between mobs is added to the next aggroed mob.

Back