PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Synchronization chips are useful in sweating.. just throwing that out there.

  2. #12
    Elite Captain Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Arkadia
    Avatar
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Posts
    2,943
    Images
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by xxPriestxx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Synchronization chips are useful in sweating.. just throwing that out there.
    The cost outweighs the benefit, and therefor they are lumped into the "non useful" category.

  3. #13
    Nice write-up, captain! An important addendum: extenders can be slapped on attack chips, making them last forever. Not sure if it stacks with implants, but I think so. With 50B (105% MU) and p20 you get 40% less chip decay it seems.

    How to: right click chip and View Information. Drag n drop p20 to it.

  4. #14
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,740
    Images
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The cost outweighs the benefit, and therefor they are lumped into the "non useful" category.

    I dare to disagree here.
    Sync chips do surely have a good purpose.

    I'm on Cyrene.
    I do some daily crafs that require sweat.
    No sweat circles on cyrene.

    So I just sync up, and go sweat some puny panaleons.
    Without the sync chip it will take me double the time to acquire the needed sweat because each time you get a successful sweat attempt it get's interrupted by a hit from the mob.
    So 10 minutes of uninterrupted sweating. Perfect.

    If I'm not mistaken the sync costs is returned in loot after you kill the sweat mob (not tested myself, just from hear say)

    So it's absolutely not "non useful"

  5. #15
    Elite Captain Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Arkadia
    Avatar
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Posts
    2,943
    Images
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dare to disagree here.
    Sync chips do surely have a good purpose.

    I'm on Cyrene.
    I do some daily crafs that require sweat.
    No sweat circles on cyrene.

    So I just sync up, and go sweat some puny panaleons.
    Without the sync chip it will take me double the time to acquire the needed sweat because each time you get a successful sweat attempt it get's interrupted by a hit from the mob.
    So 10 minutes of uninterrupted sweating. Perfect.

    If I'm not mistaken the sync costs is returned in loot after you kill the sweat mob (not tested myself, just from hear say)

    So it's absolutely not "non useful"
    I apologize for the misunderstanding. My definition of "non-useful" is when the cost outweighs the benefit, and I apply this to sweating categorically. Between the electric bills and depreciation of computing power alone, sweating barely breaks even if at all. When you add in the time factor, you can literally make more money by picking up cans and bottles from the side of the road and selling them to a recycling facility, not to mention potential wages from just working an entry level job.
    When you add the cost of the synchronization chip to the mix, any potential profit margin for sweating goes out the window. It would be more cost effective to simply purchase sweat from another player and bring a stack of it to Cyrene for your daily missions.
    The counter argument could be made if you genuinely enjoy sweating and strongly dislike work, to the degree that you would rather sweat for hundreds of hours than work a single hour at an entry level job. In that case you are paying for entertainment (sweating), and therefor perhaps you benefit from it. That being said, the few people who enjoy sweating so much as to be willing to pay to do it are about as few and far between as those who would be willing to pay for the entertainment of using the other previously mentioned "non useful" chips. Those who genuinely derive enjoyment from activities such as sweating are not the target audience of this thread.

    Conclusion: The way I have defined the term "non-useful" in reference to these mindforce chips applies to the majority of the player base, and those to whom it does not apply will probably not benefit from the very basic concepts presented in this thread anyways.

    To be more clear and concise, I have added a "definitions" portion toward the end of my thread.

  6. #16
    Elite Captain Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Arkadia
    Avatar
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Posts
    2,943
    Images
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice write-up, captain! An important addendum: extenders can be slapped on attack chips, making them last forever. Not sure if it stacks with implants, but I think so. With 50B (105% MU) and p20 you get 40% less chip decay it seems.

    How to: right click chip and View Information. Drag n drop p20 to it.
    Thank you for the feedback, I've updated the original post to include an Implants and Extenders portion.

  7. #17
    Young SolomonDrake's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2020
    Avatar
    Solomon "Daemon" Drake
    Society
    Dark Knights - Apprentices
    Posts
    14
    Images
    6
    Awesome info, Jack! Can't believe Armatrix extenders work on chips.

    Regarding those big purchases to grind for -- FEN 13 chips and an Augmented/Perfected implant -- which would you say to go for first?

    The decay-absorbing implant seems great for leveraging the higher eff% of (L) chips while you grind...

    ...But once you get that FEN will you ever touch anything else? The thought of owning a Corrosive FEN 13 someday is thrilling, though I see you're far ahead in line on that one

  8. #18
    Elite Captain Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Arkadia
    Avatar
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Posts
    2,943
    Images
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by SolomonDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome info, Jack! Can't believe Armatrix extenders work on chips.

    Regarding those big purchases to grind for -- FEN 13 chips and an Augmented/Perfected implant -- which would you say to go for first?

    The decay-absorbing implant seems great for leveraging the higher eff% of (L) chips while you grind...

    ...But once you get that FEN will you ever touch anything else? The thought of owning a Corrosive FEN 13 someday is thrilling, though I see you're far ahead in line on that one
    Thank you for the feedback Solomon, much appreciated.

    Augmented/Perfected implants cost significantly less than FEN chips, so it would make sense to me to purchase one of those first so that you can also receive the benefit of longer lasting (L) chips while you grind up to a FEN chip. Once you get to the point of using a FEN chip it is unlikely you will see any benefit from using any other mindforce attack chips under the current system, since they offer an outstanding combination of DPS, DPP, and efficiency.

  9. #19
    As a new player and mindforce user this guide was super helpful. Can you talk about mindforce amps, does it always make sense to use one?

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Part 3: MindForce Support
    Rule of thumb: You can always use a small chip on a big implant, but you cannot use a big chip on a small implant.
    How does this effect the eco though, is it significantly cheaper to use the lower level implants with lower level chips? Or should I just invest in a good implant early

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook