FYI: Modern MindForce Guide for 2020

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Introduction

As requested in another thread, I am making a brief and relatively concise guide to modern MindForce use as of February 2020.

A few years ago MindArk appeared to show some interest in bringing MindForce back into the realm of feasible combat professions, thus the "Mindforce 2.0" post cited here.

Unfortunately the implementation was very lacking, and all the MindForce combat professions are basically identical with very little difference. What's more, they are fundamentally comparable to some of the more mediocre options available in the Pistoleer and Sniper professions without anything particularly special or outstanding.

Intended Audience:

This thread was written with the intended audience being a majority of the player base who have at least some experience with the game, and who in generally share a relatively similar mindset. More specifically it is written to those players within this defined majority who have little to no experience in the use of MindForce.

Table of Contents

Part 1... MindForce Combat (Tools and utility of offensive chips)
Part 2... MindForce Healing (Tools and utility of healing chips)
Part 3... MindForce Support (Tools and utility of miscellaneous)
Part 4... Implants and Extenders (What they do and how they work)
Part 5... The Way Forward (A brief overview of how to get established)
Part 6... Supplemental Notes (Primarily for semantics)

Part 1: MindForce Combat

The MindForce combat professions are Electro Kinetic, Pyro Kinetic, and Cryogenic. Each of these professions has a specific line of MindForce chips associated which can functionally be sorted into "pistol" chips, "rifle" chips, and "specialty" chips.

1. "Pistol" Chips: Vary between 18-30m of range and reload between 33 and 67 attacks/minute.
Lacerating (Cryogenic) attack nanochips
Corrosive (Pyro kinetic) attack nanochips
Electric (Electro kinetic) attack nanochips

Fun Fact: The Lacerating, Corrosive, and Electric Attack Nanochip 13s have a FEN Edition variant which provides the user a "2.0 weapon" in any of the three MindForce combat professions. All three chips are functionally almost identical and provide insignificant advantage over each other. Selection is based primarily on personal preference.

2. "Rifle" Chips: Vary between 45-79m of range and reload between 22-31 attacks/minute.
Cryogenic (Cryogenic) attack nanochips
Combustive (Pyro Kinetic) attack nanochips
Kinetic (Electro Kinetic) attack nanochips

Fun Fact: The Kinetic Attack Nanochip 15 has a FEN Edition variant which offers a slightly higher efficiency and unL alternative to the (L) options in the high level Kinetic Attack Nanochip realm. This chip is only slightly higher efficiency than (L) variants and offers negligible advantage in DPP. The primary purpose this chip has historically served is as a PvP weapon, as it deals 189 max damage unamped at tier 0.

3. "Specialty" chips can be distinguished between "useful" and "non-useful" for various reasons, mostly due to lack of availability for consistent use in the "non useful" category.

Useful Combat Chips:

Arsonistic Chips inflict damage over time and operate under a separate reload counter from most of your other weapons. Consequently these can be coupled with virtually any weapon to increase your functional DPS.
The (L) variants drop very inconsistently and are best suited only for use in events.
The unL variants are the TEN edition and the FEN edition.
Cryogenic Attack nanochip 4 (L) Adjusted is another in the "useful" category. It gives a 30% run speed debuff which lasts 2 seconds - about as long as it takes to reload the next shot. Consequently this niche chip can be used in a support role in a team hunt or PvP scenario to slow down a target while allowing others to inflict ranged damage.

Non-Useful Combat Chips:
These are non-useful either because they are obsolete in current combat situations or they don't drop often enough to be used consistently. Examples include all the "Strike" chips, which functionally serve as MindForce rocket launchers doing AoE damage, but they don't appear to drop anymore, or drop consistently enough to be seen on the market as a viable weapon. First Gen attack chips also fall into the non-useful category primarily because they are obsolete in the face of more modern weaponry.

Last edited:
Part 2: MindForce Healing

MindForce healing chips can be divided into two useful categories, and one relatively useless category.

1. Regeneration Chips work functionally the same as any FAP except they have slightly longer range. Options are limited, with the highest Regeneration chip available being about on par with a Vivo UR125 (L). The heal/PEC on these chips is inferior to that of ballfaps, making them more of a novelty than a truly useful item.

2. Restoration Chips provide a base heal ranging from 5% to 20% and then inducing the rest of the heal as "heal over time" for a duration typically lasting 30 seconds. These chips also use a different cooldown timer than most weapons or other healing tools, making them useful for solo combat duration or adding heal/second in a support healing role.
Adjusted, Improved, and Modified restoration chips are the most well known since they have been the longest standing restoration chips ingame, and provide superior healing for a minimal cost. More recently (L) variants have been introduced which provide a longer healing range, smaller base heal, larger total heal, and a more varied skill level requirement.

3. Regeneration Field Chips show great potential for team dynamics due to offering an area of effect heal, but due to a significant lack of supply these fall into the "useless chips" category.

Last edited:
Part 3: MindForce Support

MindForce support chips can be divided into three categories.

"Life" chips, "functional" chips, and "non-useful" chips.

1. Life Chips

(A). Divine Intervention Chip: This chip requires level 4 Biotropic to use and gives a 1 hour buff causing a 70% chance of having your life saved upon receiving a fatal blow, and providing a 50 HP heal upon activation. When activated, this buff is consumed and must be re-buffed prior to being active again.

(B). Resurrection Chips raise people from the dead in their current position. To my knowledge the only chips available for this are the Resurrection Chip 8 and the Rakzum's Sack (L).

2. Functional Chips:

(A). Teleportation chips. The skills required to use these chips appear to have no purpose other than to use more of them. They are much more expensive to use than vehicles and the cost rises substantially with each sequentially higher chip available. No economical option exists here.

(B). Synchronization Chips. Mostly obsolete relics of time past, these are borderline "non-useful" and nearly landed in that category. However, they do have some practical application under very specific circumstances. These chips allow you to continue charging a mindforce chip (such as a teleportation or resurrection chip) while taking damage. These have negligible benefit under certain PvP situations and team hunts in areas of extremely high mob density and aggro. Otherwise they are utterly not worth using.

3. Non-Useful Chips

While a wide range of "personal effect" chips technically exist ingame, their effects and/or availability are so negligible as to not be worth writing significantly about. As such I will lump the majority of these together as "non useful" chips.

Part 4: Implants and Extenders

1. NeoPsion MindForce Implants are required to be inserted prior to using any mindforce chip.

Implant Deterioration: Most, if not all, mindforce implants will absorb decay from a MindForce chip to some degree. Functionally this works exactly like an Extender does on a weapon. For example, if an implant has 20% "Implant Deterioration", then it will absorb 20% of any decay incurred by the use of a MindForce chip.

Number system: The number on the Implant correlates to the profession level required for using the mindforce chip.
For example; a NeoPsion 10 MindForce Implant will allow you to use any chip which requires a profession level up to a max level of 10.
Rule of thumb: You can always use a small chip on a big implant, but you cannot use a big chip on a small implant.

Letter System: Some MindForce implants have letters on them, for example "NeoPsion 55-B MindForce Implant (L)". As of the time of writing this thread, the "A" series of implants absorbs 10% of chip decay, and the "B" series absorbs 20% of deterioration.

Other Implants: Also available are Adjusted, Improved, Augmented, and Perfected implants, absorbing 5%, 10%, 20%, 30%, and 40% decay respectively.

2. ArMatrix Extenders can be used on the majority of Entropian weaponry, including MindForce attack chips. However, due to MindForce attack chips being located in a different inventory category than extenders, there is often confusion in how to attach extenders to MindForce chips. There are a variety of methods to accomplish this, and I will describe two of them here.

Storage method: Opening your storage functionally opens a second inventory window. You can therefor open the MindForce section of one window and the Weapons section of the other. This will allow you to click and drag the extender onto the mindforce weapon, from your inventory to your storage or vice versa.

Screen Key Method: Another option is to create an on-screen hotkey for your mindforce chip, and then simply drag the extender onto the hotkey.

Pro tip: Extenders and NeoPsion Implants may be used simultaneously to substantially reduce the decay of your MindForce attack chips.

Last edited:
Part 5: The Way Forward

If you want to get serious about MindForce you essentially have two objectives.

Objective 1: Get to level 5 Biotropic and acquire an Adjusted Restoration Chip.

Objective 2: Acquire a low level unL attack nanochip to grind with.

Having achieved the two objectives, the rest of the way is monotonous and simple.

Step 1: Grind. Pick a mob that allows you to hunt naked and keep the restoration chip going continuously. By the time you get to a mid level of MindForce you will already be able to use all the auxiliary chips such as Divine Intervention or Resurrection.

Step 2: Upgrade from the low level unL attack nanochip to any low markup (L) mindforce chips. Kinetic Attack Nanochip 9 (L) works well for this, as they are common drops from Leviathan and can frequently be purchased for TT+1.

Step 3: Save for an Augmented or Perfected MindForce Implant and a FEN Edition attack nanochip. The implant functions like an extender, diverting the decay away from your mindforce chips and onto the implant instead. In a world where MindForce (L) chips are in high demand and cost a high markup, these implants are invaluable to reduce the markup out. In reality, there are so many dirt cheap (L) MindForce chips out there that the markup reduction benefit is negligible. The real benefit is seen by simply extending the duration of your hunts.

Part 6: Supplemental Notes

Definitions
For the purposes of this thread, several words or phrases are applied with a specific intended meaning. Specific intended definitions will be added to this list as it becomes necessary to do so.

"Useful" as used here is defined as when the sum of the benefits outweighs the sum of the costs, resulting in a net positive.

"Non-useful" as used here is defined as when the sum of the costs outweighs the sum of the benefits, resulting in a net negative.

"Costs" are defined as any resources which could otherwise be diverted for other use to include time, opportunity, mental capacity, and financial assets.

"Benefits" are defined as any advantage or profit gained, to include financial assets, opportunity, and enjoyment.

Last edited:
:dj:

Thanks so much Captain Jack, this is great! :woot:

1. Regeneration Chips work functionally the same as any FAP except they have slightly longer range. Options are limited, with the highest Regeneration chip available being about on par with a Vivo UR125 (L). The heal/PEC on these chips is inferior to that of ballfaps, making them more of a novelty than a truly useful item.

To have the ability to unlock Ethereal Soul Language (Ghost Speak) you need 15 Biotropic if you want to borrow a Resurrection chip or 25 Biotropic if you wish to use the cheaper Rakzum Pouch option.

2. Functional Chips:

(A). Teleportation chips. The skills required to use these chips appear to have no purpose other than to use more of them. They are much more expensive to use than vehicles and the cost rises substantially with each sequentially higher chip available. No economical option exists here.

I can think of 4 good reasons to have a decent range TP chip:

• When you have a partially dead mob to go back to - could be kill stolen or significantly regenerated
  • Or even worse a 100% dead mob to go back to - corpse will have gone if you use a Quad to return.
  • Killed by a Hussk or Purger or similar event mob - Hussk will be over if you fly back.
  • Ability to go to your own apartment from anywhere on the planet with TP3 and above

Last edited:
To have the ability to unlock Ethereal Soul Language (Ghost Speak) you need 15 Biotropic if you want to borrow a Resurrection chip or 25 Biotropic if you wish to use the cheaper Rakzum Pouch option.

• When you have a partially dead mob to go back to - could be kill stolen or significantly regenerated
  • Or even worse a 100% dead mob to go back to - corpse will have gone if you use a Quad to return.
  • Killed by a Hussk or Purger or similar event mob - Hussk will be over if you fly back.
  • Ability to go to your own apartment from anywhere on the planet with TP3 and above

All valid points. Still expensive.

:dj:

Thanks so much Captain Jack, this is great! :woot:

Thanks mate, your support is always appreciated :)

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to create this! +rep

Great initiative, splendid work :thumbup:

Synchronization chips are useful in sweating.. just throwing that out there.

Nice write-up, captain! An important addendum: extenders can be slapped on attack chips, making them last forever. Not sure if it stacks with implants, but I think so. With 50B (105% MU) and p20 you get 40% less chip decay it seems.

How to: right click chip and View Information. Drag n drop p20 to it.

The cost outweighs the benefit, and therefor they are lumped into the "non useful" category.

I dare to disagree here.
Sync chips do surely have a good purpose.

I'm on Cyrene.
I do some daily crafs that require sweat.
No sweat circles on cyrene.

So I just sync up, and go sweat some puny panaleons.
Without the sync chip it will take me double the time to acquire the needed sweat because each time you get a successful sweat attempt it get's interrupted by a hit from the mob.
So 10 minutes of uninterrupted sweating. Perfect.

If I'm not mistaken the sync costs is returned in loot after you kill the sweat mob (not tested myself, just from hear say)

So it's absolutely not "non useful" :wise:

I dare to disagree here.
Sync chips do surely have a good purpose.

I'm on Cyrene.
I do some daily crafs that require sweat.
No sweat circles on cyrene.

So I just sync up, and go sweat some puny panaleons.
Without the sync chip it will take me double the time to acquire the needed sweat because each time you get a successful sweat attempt it get's interrupted by a hit from the mob.
So 10 minutes of uninterrupted sweating. Perfect.

If I'm not mistaken the sync costs is returned in loot after you kill the sweat mob (not tested myself, just from hear say)

So it's absolutely not "non useful" :wise:

I apologize for the misunderstanding. My definition of "non-useful" is when the cost outweighs the benefit, and I apply this to sweating categorically. Between the electric bills and depreciation of computing power alone, sweating barely breaks even if at all. When you add in the time factor, you can literally make more money by picking up cans and bottles from the side of the road and selling them to a recycling facility, not to mention potential wages from just working an entry level job.
When you add the cost of the synchronization chip to the mix, any potential profit margin for sweating goes out the window. It would be more cost effective to simply purchase sweat from another player and bring a stack of it to Cyrene for your daily missions.
The counter argument could be made if you genuinely enjoy sweating and strongly dislike work, to the degree that you would rather sweat for hundreds of hours than work a single hour at an entry level job. In that case you are paying for entertainment (sweating), and therefor perhaps you benefit from it. That being said, the few people who enjoy sweating so much as to be willing to pay to do it are about as few and far between as those who would be willing to pay for the entertainment of using the other previously mentioned "non useful" chips. Those who genuinely derive enjoyment from activities such as sweating are not the target audience of this thread.

Conclusion: The way I have defined the term "non-useful" in reference to these mindforce chips applies to the majority of the player base, and those to whom it does not apply will probably not benefit from the very basic concepts presented in this thread anyways.

To be more clear and concise, I have added a "definitions" portion toward the end of my thread.

Last edited:
Nice write-up, captain! An important addendum: extenders can be slapped on attack chips, making them last forever. Not sure if it stacks with implants, but I think so. With 50B (105% MU) and p20 you get 40% less chip decay it seems.

How to: right click chip and View Information. Drag n drop p20 to it.

Thank you for the feedback, I've updated the original post to include an Implants and Extenders portion.

Awesome info, Jack! Can't believe Armatrix extenders work on chips.

Regarding those big purchases to grind for -- FEN 13 chips and an Augmented/Perfected implant -- which would you say to go for first?

The decay-absorbing implant seems great for leveraging the higher eff% of (L) chips while you grind...

...But once you get that FEN will you ever touch anything else? The thought of owning a Corrosive FEN 13 someday is thrilling, though I see you're far ahead in line on that one :laugh:

Awesome info, Jack! Can't believe Armatrix extenders work on chips.

Regarding those big purchases to grind for -- FEN 13 chips and an Augmented/Perfected implant -- which would you say to go for first?

The decay-absorbing implant seems great for leveraging the higher eff% of (L) chips while you grind...

...But once you get that FEN will you ever touch anything else? The thought of owning a Corrosive FEN 13 someday is thrilling, though I see you're far ahead in line on that one :laugh:

Thank you for the feedback Solomon, much appreciated.

Augmented/Perfected implants cost significantly less than FEN chips, so it would make sense to me to purchase one of those first so that you can also receive the benefit of longer lasting (L) chips while you grind up to a FEN chip. Once you get to the point of using a FEN chip it is unlikely you will see any benefit from using any other mindforce attack chips under the current system, since they offer an outstanding combination of DPS, DPP, and efficiency.

As a new player and mindforce user this guide was super helpful. Can you talk about mindforce amps, does it always make sense to use one?

Part 3: MindForce Support
Rule of thumb: You can always use a small chip on a big implant, but you cannot use a big chip on a small implant.

How does this effect the eco though, is it significantly cheaper to use the lower level implants with lower level chips? Or should I just invest in a good implant early

I apologize for the misunderstanding. My definition of "non-useful" is when the cost outweighs the benefit, and I apply this to sweating categorically. Between the electric bills and depreciation of computing power alone, sweating barely breaks even if at all. When you add in the time factor, you can literally make more money by picking up cans and bottles from the side of the road and selling them to a recycling facility, not to mention potential wages from just working an entry level job.
When you add the cost of the synchronization chip to the mix, any potential profit margin for sweating goes out the window. It would be more cost effective to simply purchase sweat from another player and bring a stack of it to Cyrene for your daily missions.
The counter argument could be made if you genuinely enjoy sweating and strongly dislike work, to the degree that you would rather sweat for hundreds of hours than work a single hour at an entry level job. In that case you are paying for entertainment (sweating), and therefor perhaps you benefit from it. That being said, the few people who enjoy sweating so much as to be willing to pay to do it are about as few and far between as those who would be willing to pay for the entertainment of using the other previously mentioned "non useful" chips. Those who genuinely derive enjoyment from activities such as sweating are not the target audience of this thread.

Conclusion: The way I have defined the term "non-useful" in reference to these mindforce chips applies to the majority of the player base, and those to whom it does not apply will probably not benefit from the very basic concepts presented in this thread anyways.

To be more clear and concise, I have added a "definitions" portion toward the end of my thread.

Mind you, we're not all just mindless grinding zombies.
Nor has it anything to do with your counter argument about enjoying sweating.
As I said, I hate sweating. It's mind numbing and useless.
But still the sync chip can be useful if I do need the sweat to make ME or for crafting.

Sure it used to be more useful when attack chips also had a concentration period. That part has become obsolete. But it still has purpose.

Also according to your definition of "useful" you could also remove clothes, furniture, make up etc etc.

How does this effect the eco though, is it significantly cheaper to use the lower level implants with lower level chips? Or should I just invest in a good implant early

The eco, measured by TT expenditure, is unaffected by the use of implants. The amount you spend on markup on (L) chips will be reduced due to the longer duration of use on those chips.

….
Also according to your definition of "useful" you could also remove clothes, furniture, make up etc etc.

This thread was intended as a guide for MindForce, not fashion or furniture. Clothes, furniture, and make up have no effect whatsoever on the use of MindForce, and therefor have been omitted from this thread.

Update: Edited some formatting and added a table of contents to standardize the way I write guides, establishing this one as a template for future guides.

I know you might consider this chip non-useful, but the Regeneration Inhibition chip is really useful for killing mobs with high regen. it reduces their regen by 50% so it can potentially save you a lot of ped depending on the size of the mob you are hunting and the decay speed. The one issue with this chip is you have to be standing up close and personal with the mob. Otherwise I liked the thread and learned something new, I didnt know the p20 extenders could go on mindforce chips.

Thanks for this guide, Captain Jack. It's useful even for old-timers who have not yet explored Mindforce much.

I started using MF in the old days when all weapons, except MF, had the level 100 needed to use it to full extent was common except for the Opalo and the MF Chips.
So I used a Level 4 Electric Chip for a long time to hunt small/medium mobs efficiently opposed to the efficiency of the ep40/41 I also had back then.

Since SIB/(L) Weapons where intrduced and the CDF Weapons in exchange for daily tokens I used them as my main weapons until I looted a UL Combustive Attack Chip Level 8 from a Hispidus. So this Chip became my main mid range weapon and skilling tool on my way to level 80 Hit in MF. Yes my target is level 80 in MF-Hit as I think it is a fastest way to unlock Intuiton than getting to level 80 in any Defense profession or reaching level 80 in Vehicle Structural Engineer.

Second point is that I think the Restoration Chip's are the Mod Fap of the midlevel players who can't afford the hefty price tag of the Big Fap's. OK, they, alone will not give the heal of an imp or mod FAP, but the cost to use them is as low as it can get without spending heapload of money for a FAP and because of different reload group you can allways add a Heal from a second healing tool when you got a hefty critical hit or continue to shoot whitout waiting for the FAP to reload and beeing hit a second time while you wait for reload/switching to weapon..

All in all your Informations about MF Chips are very good so thank you for them but the additions I have are that using MF you can give some more benefits like I mentioned, a shortcut to Intuition and a healing tool which has according to Entropiawiki a ECO of 159,22 and is therefore on the same level as a Mod FAP with ECO of 160 and has a better ECO than any IMP or FEN Edition FAP's. I know if you hunt naked big mobs or a really big hitting mob the Heal of the Adj. Restoration chip will not let you survive but at nearly 250 HP's it is a very welcome ECo healing tool.

I think you missed one chip and put it in the non-useful section. The Hp inhibition chip. It drops common enough where I can find it most days of the week. And despite its explanation text, it slows down hp regen by 50%. So on high hp mobs with fast regen its actually more economical to use this chip to slow their regen, especially if you have the 20% deterioration implant to reduce its cost. And on group mobs it helps out even further. I have tested it on numerous different boss mobs or spawns from mindark and even just hunting big mobs on my own, and there is a noticeable difference in the time it takes to kill the mobs when using this chip vs not using it. Now its usefulness will really depend on the mob you are hunting and your setup etc like everything else. but I believe it deserves a mention on this list you have created.

Not too shabby Jack.

It can be rather 'offensive' to even use the words 'pistol' or 'rifle' when discussing mindforce chips. It's like jedi art to some Mindforcers, it's simply blasphemy to compare them to primitive gunpowder powered weapons....smiles.

A long time ago, in a land far far away, owning a firestorm chip was Godly.

Just a little note on regeneration chips, they're far from 'novelty' items mate. A level 7 drops from the Sandking, no small beast. The old labelled X and XI heal are 'superb' healing tools. I guess that's 10 and 11 regen chips now. Hell I can run 7 regen chip on most mobs with a decent amount of HP.

Many players still prefer straight-up heals. Any decent mindforcer will have loads of HP and skills, because you're not worthy of the art if you don't.

If you've got JC, Madsheep, Rick and Forgo on your FL, you will considered "able".

Smiles
Rick

• You want to go more than three feet from the nearest TP and don’t want to spend an hour getting there (Please feel free to insert comments about electric bills and can collecting here)
But in keeping with the theme of the guide, I agree that the required skills are useless for anything else so far.

Also, resurrection chips are basically a toy under most circumstances, but never having to see ooOOoOOOoOOoo in chat again is well worth the price.

But it is a very good guide. Learned several things from it.

Back