Tiergains (L) finder

strakkan

Prowler
Society
Relics
Per Strakkan Kollebolle
Hi !
Cant find info about why the tiergain on my Terra 8 (L) is only increasing with 0,01 instead of 0,10 ? Currently I will have no chance of getting it to even tier 3 before its dead. Is this some new system and you now need tierincrease rates well below 400-500 ? My first 3 on this finder are 32, 70, 22.

Regards
Strakkan

Hey Strakkan this is feature of 17.0 release.

New Features

Enhancers inserted into (L)imited items will now break much less often.
100% of the Trade Terminal value of enhancers is now returned in the form of Shrapnel when an enhancer breaks.
Increasing the Tier Level of an item during the Tier Upgrade process is no longer dependent on the Tier Upgrader profession. All tiering attempts will now automatically succeed.
100% of the Trade Terminal value of the ingredients required to increase the Tier Level of an item is now always returned, in the form of Shrapnel (none of the required ingredients are returned).
A second decimal place has been added to item Tier Levels. All existing items have had a 9 added in the second decimal place. For example, an item that had a Tier Level of 3.9 will now have a Tier Level of 3.99.!
It is no longer necessary to drag items from inventory to the Tier Upgrade interface. Items from your avatar's Inventory as well as from an open Storage Terminal will automatically be used in the Tier Upgrade interface. Items in storage containers, vehicle inventories, etc. will however not be used.
It is now possible to increase the Tier Level of an item in storage.
Destructible environmental items now provide loot in the form of Shrapnel. Destructible explosive items that cause damage to nearby creatures transfer their loot to the damaged creatures.
The current Trade Terminal value of attached attachments is now displayed in the base item’s tooltip info.
For better visibility, common warning messages are now displayed in the middle of the screen rather than in the chat window.
It is now possible to “protect” equippable items and attachments, preventing them from being traded, dropped, placed on auction, exchanged with NPCs, or sold to the Trade Terminal. To protect an item, toggle “Protect Item” icon in the Item Info panel. Items that are protected will show a “P” on the item icon status bar.
It is now possible to attach and remove attachments and enhancers to/from items without unequipping the base item.
The name of equipped weapons and tools with a condition below 10% is now displayed in yellow text in the dashboard.
The currently viewing avatar’s name is highlighted in orange text when viewing scoreboards.
Added Buy orders to the Entropia Exchange (previously “Share Center”). Buy orders always match the lowest available price first. Buy orders will match older Sell orders first if there are multiple Sell orders with the same price. Buy orders can match qualifying Sell orders regardless of remaining Sell order quantity.
Added market history graphs to the Entropia Exchange
Added a Transactions tab to the Entropia Exchange -> Holdings view that displays a history of share transactions and revenue payouts. Double click on the company name to view history.

Thanks for that answer. So the understanding is that MA slowed tierprocess down so its now impossible to get a (L) item up to even tier 5 ? But instead you get TT value back on enhancers that cant be put in because the item wil not tier up so I can put in a enhancer ? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for that answer. So the understanding is that MA slowed tierprocess down so its now impossible to get a (L) item up to even tier 5 ? But instead you get TT value back on enhancers that cant be put in because the item wil not tier up so I can put in a enhancer ? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Catch 22 has always been one of MA's favourite games :lolup:

I think the idea was to make high tier UL items worth more by slowing down the rate of tiering...

Unfortunately, this mechanic also affects (L) items

I think the idea was to make high tier UL items worth more by slowing down the rate of tiering...

Unfortunately, this mechanic also affects (L) items

Yeah. No use buying a expensive Terra 8 that never finds Redulite unless it can be tiered

Hi !
Cant find info about why the tiergain on my Terra 8 (L) is only increasing with 0,01 instead of 0,10 ? Currently I will have no chance of getting it to even tier 3 before its dead. Is this some new system and you now need tierincrease rates well below 400-500 ? My first 3 on this finder are 32, 70, 22.

Regards
Strakkan

That is because MA fucked up the tier increase rate.
It's a bloody bug which is not being addressed.

It became impossible to tier up L items.
I had a full tt rifle with all tier rates over 1K but could not get it above tier 5 which is nonsense.

So save your (L) gear with high tier rating until after it will be fixed.

That is because MA fucked up the tier increase rate.
It's a bloody bug which is not being addressed.

It became impossible to tier up L items.
I had a full tt rifle with all tier rates over 1K but could not get it above tier 5 which is nonsense.

So save your (L) gear with high tier rating until after it will be fixed.

Thats great info ! Thx !!

Thats great info ! Thx !!

Still here Strakken??

My god you must have god like skills in mining now?

(just being nosy, i remember you from the good old days!)

Rgds

Ace

Tiers are hosed,

That said, I have 2 tm8 for sale with 3 digit tiers on em at a fair price, one at my shop on RT and one on ark auction.

High tiers are now higher % on (L) for this reason in the future. You need 3 digit tiers + to see it move anymore.

UL finders will likely rise as well, I re-bought a t10 f-106 for this very reason. Though I would also argue that redulite can easily be found at lower depth in other areas. In fact if you really dive deep with multiple finders in an area, you will find all kinds of ores you never would thought have existed there. In some cases despite being the same approximate depth, different finders can show quite different results on composition.

Last edited:
Still here Strakken??

My god you must have god like skills in mining now?

(just being nosy, i remember you from the good old days!)

Rgds

Ace

Yeah im still here ! Will never leave EU unless they mess up mining ( like this stuff with tiergains ).

I guess you are in for the long run also Ace ? I remember you from way back also :yay:

MA has also said they're looking into readjusting the tier rates after the initial change. Not sure what that will be, but it's also possible they intended to lower the likely max tier you'll hit on L items and save hitting tier 8+ for UL items. That could be the trade-off for having enhancers last longer on L items too.

As for not hitting redulite, that tends to come more in "waves" now. There are theories about resource caps and all that, but the reality is that sometimes even at the right depth, you're still going to be getting mostly lyst on some runs, but if you go back, you'll be getting belkar, durulium, etc. the next time and so on with redulite being rarer. At least in the depth ranges I tested with the F-106 + enhancers, no amount of depth would overcome that if you're hitting lyst trying to target reulite, so I'd expect enhancing a TM8 would run into the same. The current min, avg, max for redulite on LBML are 883, 1061, and 1295m, which is right around what TM8 would vary around.

MA has also said they're looking into readjusting the tier rates after the initial change. Not sure what that will be, but it's also possible they intended to lower the likely max tier you'll hit on L items and save hitting tier 8+ for UL items. That could be the trade-off for having enhancers last longer on L items too.

As for not hitting redulite, that tends to come more in "waves" now. There are theories about resource caps and all that, but the reality is that sometimes even at the right depth, you're still going to be getting mostly lyst on some runs, but if you go back, you'll be getting belkar, durulium, etc. the next time and so on with redulite being rarer. At least in the depth ranges I tested with the F-106 + enhancers, no amount of depth would overcome that if you're hitting lyst trying to target reulite, so I'd expect enhancing a TM8 would run into the same. The current min, avg, max for redulite on LBML are 883, 1061, and 1295m, which is right around what TM8 would vary around.

You are quite right about the spawn of ores in waves ! At least its the way I percept it also . But for sure the Redulite has gone much more into hiding and I was hoping it was mainly because I started on a new Terra 8 that is now not able to tier up.
So as usual when stuff like this happens its back to " safemode" wich doesnt benefit MA as I go way low on everything including not using any amps etc.

And like magic MA suddenly releases thousands of peds of Redulite just like that. Global after global. What a clownish miningsystem we deal with !

I know right, what a coincidence, just after I spotted ludvig reading this thread, bye bye redulite markup lol

Nice. So its up to one guy fiddling a little on thursday evening to show how independent they work on this game and what drops ? Seriously MA ???
No idea how long this sudden Reduliterush gonna go on for but tens of thousands of ped Redu already dropped and MU gonna go way way down...

I think we have to agree that 32 is a really low tier number. :rolleyes:

I would guess you will burn 25% or even more of the tt value of finder before it could reach tier 1.00.

Nice. So its up to one guy fiddling a little on thursday evening to show how independent they work on this game and what drops ? Seriously MA ???
No idea how long this sudden Reduliterush gonna go on for but tens of thousands of ped Redu already dropped and MU gonna go way way down...

Just to clarify something here; my job at MindArk is that of community manager/liason. I do not have any interaction with (or influence on) the loot systems or any other ingame systems.

However, my job does include reading and moderating the forum, which means that there is a high chance that I will have read any given thread at some point Especially if there are many new posts in it.

Just to clarify something here; my job at MindArk is that of community manager/liason. I do not have any interaction with (or influence on) the loot systems or any other ingame systems.

However, my job does include reading and moderating the forum, which means that there is a high chance that I will have read any given thread at some point Especially if there are many new posts in it.

Since you are here I dont suppose you could give us an update on tiering and the insanely slow rate on increases of tiers ?
You are offcourse also welcome to give the communitymanagers thoughts about the current droprate of Redulite :girl::cool::yay:

I would have said If the topic is very important for the quality of the game.Accepting the pressure of masses and give it a priority makes me thing that they determine the state of the universe which is a fundamental error.
Ideas are far more important than any player or group of players or their demands.

Anyway general feeling is very good when you guys come and post in random threads.At least we know you are alive.

I would have said If the topic is very important for the quality of the game.Accepting the pressure of masses and give it a priority makes me thing that they determine the state of the universe which is a fundamental error.

Well, I meant more that if there are many new posts in a thread, I am somewhat more likely to have seen and read it quicker (as it would move to the top of "New Posts" and the respective subreddit more), not that it would affect my likelyhood of forwarding the issue/feedback to the dev team. Of course I also try to make sure I do not miss any important topics/threads just because they get fewer replies.

Well, I meant more that if there are many new posts in a thread, I am somewhat more likely to have seen and read it quicker (as it would move to the top of "New Posts" and the respective subreddit more), not that it would affect my likelyhood of forwarding the issue/feedback to the dev team. Of course I also try to make sure I do not miss any important topics/threads just because they get fewer replies.

Excuse my semantics observation/interpretation :)
Its just my bad habit to read everything even though it doesn't affect me.
Keep up the good job.

Back