Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Uther Pendragon
    Society
    Dark Knights - Apprentices
    Images

What armour would you suggest?

While I am a long way from needing a upgrade in armour I always like to plan ahead.

So I need your help to figure out what armour to aim for. I don't like locking up my peds so if possible I'd like to stick to one or two.

I like using balanced armours and adjust the stats with plates if needed for the mobs I hunt. I don't like having too scattered stats either.

So basically the choices I have limited myself to is:

Knight
    Paladin
    Adj Musca
    Shogun
    Gremlin
    Viceroy
    Mah'ketta

I will most likely stick to mobs that do imp, cut and stab damage. Also I will most likely stick to mobs in the lower to mid tier so think somewhere between exosaurs and atrox in difficulty.

The Viceroy seems like a good choice if you look at the stats and potential to upgrade it, but I am sceptical to the whole can't be traded deal going on with it.

P.S. I don't know what it is about feffoids, but for some reason I have always liked hunting them. Think it is their funny movement, so in the long long run I might need an armour with cold protection. That would also allow me to hunt some feffox from time to time if I just want to see a swirley from time to time

Oh and feel free to suggest what armour plates are good to have in storage. My current armour is the adj harrier with mk.2a plates

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Mah'ketta is nice if you want a decent all-round armor that is good for both animals (with 5B plates) and robots (with 6A). But if you plan to stick to ICS then perhaps the robots part doesn't matter for you.

Viceroy is basically a Gremlin, just looks better and can be upgraded (costly), so unless you plan to upgrade or like it too much, can safely go with Gremlin. Or step up and get Ghost, that one will be relevant for you for much longer.

Usually 5B and 6A plates are a must have, but if robots are out of your interest get at least the 5B.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Gremlin or ghost and 6a or 5b works well .. just decide if you like the pretty blue or ugly grey green...

Lich may work for cold if you dont plate up for it. Viking would be nice but it is rare and pricey

Just adding 5b to your adjusted harrier can help a lot by itself...
    Last edited by mastermesh; 02-22-2020 at 10:47.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Uther Pendragon
    Society
    Images
    Thanks guys I appreciate your input makes the decision easier.

Gremlin might be a good start and further down the road I can look at some other choices.

A follow up do you think it is worth tiering up the gremlin and add durability/defence enhancers depending on the situation?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosfraba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A follow up do you think it is worth tiering up the gremlin and add durability/defence enhancers depending on the situation?
    Gremlin is too small armor to bother tiering it and waste enhancers. When you feel it's not enough, just get a Ghost. Armor enhancers are mostly for when the price gap between your current armor and the next is too big or when there is no just no next.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Uther Pendragon
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    Gremlin is too small armor to bother tiering it and waste enhancers. When you feel it's not enough, just get a Ghost. Armor enhancers are mostly for when the price gap between your current armor and the next is too big or when there is no just no next.
    Excellent thanks!

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Adjusted Pixie + 5B (or even 5A, since you said you will stick to exarosaur - atrox). Keep skilling your evade, those mobs miss a lot once you reach certain evade level.

You don't need more, don't waste ped. Don't tier anything.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Uther Pendragon
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    Adjusted Pixie + 5B (or even 5A, since you said you will stick to exarosaur - atrox). Keep skilling your evade, those mobs miss a lot once you reach certain evade level.

You don't need more, don't waste ped. Don't tier anything.
    I might be wrong but from what I have been told it is better to avoid using the 5b plates since they aren't very eco (high tt and low durability). Maybe that information isn't correct anymore but I was told back then that it's better to have a better base armor and use more economical plates.

Also the adj musca compared to adj pixie what do you think is the better choice?
    Last edited by Goosfraba; 02-22-2020 at 12:31. Reason: Spelling

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    1000 points difference in durability amounts to about 1% difference in decay, but most decay is now returned in the loot so using 5b is not a problem at all.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Uther Pendragon
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    1000 points difference in durability amounts to about 1% difference in decay, but most decay is now returned in the loot so using 5b is not a problem at all.
    Perfect! Thanks for the explanation.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast