PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Manny Hogfather Calavera
    Society
    Good Omens
    Images
    Don't forget that you can get an adjusted Pixie for free once you graduate being a disciple, (or adjusted musca in arkadia, don't remember what other planets give tbh) which would go a long way with a set of plates, especially considering the cost.

Ghost while its an acquired taste apparently (I actually do like it) is a bit of an overkill if you plan on doing mostly small mobs. Granted, decay isn't horrific as it once was but, if you are starting up and building your skills, fapping a bit won't hurt. I assume you have the S10 from the gauntlet?

Shogun is another armor I have a soft spot for, practically no MU and decent all around with some plates on top. Realistically if that isn't big enough you are probably targeting the wrong mobs for your evade / skill level.

And stay away from Atrox till you have enough DPS to fight against their devilish regeneration or you'll pay a LOT more for each kill than you should
    - Good Omens -

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Uther Pendragon
    Society
    Dark Knights - Apprentices
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hogfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget that you can get an adjusted Pixie for free once you graduate being a disciple, (or adjusted musca in arkadia, don't remember what other planets give tbh) which would go a long way with a set of plates, especially considering the cost.

Ghost while its an acquired taste apparently (I actually do like it) is a bit of an overkill if you plan on doing mostly small mobs. Granted, decay isn't horrific as it once was but, if you are starting up and building your skills, fapping a bit won't hurt. I assume you have the S10 from the gauntlet?

Shogun is another armor I have a soft spot for, practically no MU and decent all around with some plates on top. Realistically if that isn't big enough you are probably targeting the wrong mobs for your evade / skill level.

And stay away from Atrox till you have enough DPS to fight against their devilish regeneration or you'll pay a LOT more for each kill than you should
    I actually like shogun to. The clean stats are nice and offer some flexibility with plates. That's why I also like the very rare Knight and Paladin set. I am a discipline so will get the adjusted pixie. Kind of wish I had picked Arkadia as my home planet since I like the stats on it better. But I am sure I can trade in my adj pixie for a adj musca without too much of a loss.

The armours I am asking about here is more of a mid level armour. At the moment I am doing quite well with the adj harrier with or without the mk. 2a plates.

I am far from being able to hunt atroxes effectively. I mainly mentioned them as a reference to help people understand what level of mob I am aiming for in the long run. At the moment I am doing a mission where I need to kill combibos amongst other things and their small regen is pretty much my limit with my current dps. But you improve so fast early on so it's good to have a goal for me so I know where I am heading with gear and skills.

Delicious Ajvar Sauce
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosfraba View Post
    I am a discipline so will get the adjusted pixie. Kind of wish I had picked Arkadia as my home planet since I like the stats on it better.
    AFAIK it doesn't matter what's your home planet, but where you actually finish the discipleship for this or that armor.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Uther Pendragon
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajvar View Post
    AFAIK it doesn't matter what's your home planet, but where you actually finish the discipleship for this or that armor.
    Oh cool. I'll give it a go then and finish it on Arkadia once I am done with it. 🙂

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
    Ghost affords fairly decent general protection, diminishing the problem of lower evade, but it decays like snowflakes in the morning sun. The cost of using ghost is significant.
    The cost of using Ghost in the days of Loot 2.0 is same as using a pixie or a shadow, because they all decay only for the actual damage they stopped, and the minimal decay is removed. Pre-2.0 a Ghost was a real catastrophe, which I quickly learned myself in my early days. Not anymore. In 2.0 you can just wear just the biggest armor you own and be fine.

I see you are a returning player, so here's a quote for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post

Armor Changes
    • Armor now decays significantly less per point of damage absorbed.
    • Armor no longer has a minimum decay based on total protection, it will now always decay proportionally to the amount of damage absorbed.
    • Armor can now absorb all incoming damage down to a minimum of 0.1 point of damage taken, instead of the previous 1.0 points of damage.
    • Armor and armor platings now decay independently based on the amount of damage they each actually absorb, rather than both decaying as if absorbing the full amount of received damage.
    • Armor decay is now linear per point of damage absorbed, rather than increasing in cost per damage absorbed.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ugnius DraKill Timinskas
    Society
    Freelancer
    I see a ton of good advice in this thread, however i see one flaw in all the advice. The advice only goes for UL armors and L is a very viable option too. If your budget is limited and you do not want to "freeze a lot of money into armors" L armors is really a very good option.
    Please do not get me wrong i have nothing against UL armors but they were thoroughly discussed before me already.
    Why do i say L is a good option too? Well at the level of armors you are looking for there are quite a few L armor options where the MU is under 107% and full sets are not that hard to get. As L armors always offer full defense you will not need to have them always at full TT which further reduces your need for initial investment.
    First options that come to mind would be Bear (very easy to get a full set), Boar (different looks almost the same as bear but a bit harder to get a full set), Jaguar. All 3 of these are 107% or cheaper (consider that L armors have around 10 000 more than UL). Tiger is also a good option just a touch more expensive but it has reasonable defense against robots too. If you want to go a bit higher angel or martial could be very good options. Martial is the cheaper and more easily obtainable option. If you need to go even further then Perseus or Lich are the ways to go but those are more expensive yet again. There are other great options of armors too but in many cases obtaining a full set is very tiresome so i do not include those in my advice.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    now that you mention it drakil...

i went with viceroy because both of its upgrade options and the unsellability - it's kinda my last armor in EU.

for everything else i use the triple P of EU survival - Perseus, Polaris, Pegasus.

it locks way less PEDs than any serious UL armor, and also makes me think at times, if the mob justifies the armor markup, or if i should rather go with a healer.

the sets maybe need to be adjusted for other playstyles, but generally i think that those L armors are awesome.

it's only the availability on some sets that sucks, as some people don't even bother to sell 101-105% parts, they go straight into TT.
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Uther Pendragon
    Society
    Images
    So so to make sure I understand this right, according to the quote Svarog posted does that mean that of you compare i.e. a Angel set and Adj Pixie they both decay as much if you get hit with let's say 10 imp dmg? Obviously with some difference I take it based on the armours tt and durability right!?

Also if the armour can handle the full damage taken does the plates you are wearing not decaying then?

Just want to make sure I understand how it works. Because that info Svarog posted radically changes what I knew about armours and clearly shows it is well worth investing in a better armour if it is within budget. Not to mention armours with spread stats aren't as bad anymore. Which as Svarog mentioned makes Ghost and the other "undead" armour sets viable choices.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajvar View Post
    Suspect it's been fixed but toulan used to give full set of its disciple armor plus half a set of adjusted pixie too!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosfraba View Post
    So so to make sure I understand this right, according to the quote Svarog posted does that mean that of you compare i.e. a Angel set and Adj Pixie they both decay as much if you get hit with let's say 10 imp dmg? Obviously with some difference I take it based on the armours tt and durability right!?

Also if the armour can handle the full damage taken does the plates you are wearing not decaying then?

Just want to make sure I understand how it works. Because that info Svarog posted radically changes what I knew about armours and clearly shows it is well worth investing in a better armour if it is within budget. Not to mention armours with spread stats aren't as bad anymore. Which as Svarog mentioned makes Ghost and the other "undead" armour sets viable choices.
    Dig in history of forum. Someday armor profession is coming that make ul offer full protection til minimum tt like limited does

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast