Lyst and Oil

xxPriestxx

Provider
xx Priest xx
Just thinking out loud...

So it seems pretty certain to me that lyst and oil are "filler" resources, meaning they seem to me to be the base resources programmed into the spawn rates, while other stuff is likely on a sliding scale of difficulty, depth, etc.

It also seems entirely possible, and potentially even more likely (?) to regularly global/hof on lyst. But... given the really low MU, it still doesnt seem possible to profit from these long term.

In essence, at least to me, they seem to be regulators of the data. They are there to normalize your hit rates, and are applicable to the random (or maybe not random) multipliers of getting a swirly.

In some ways, I suppose this could mean it is not preferable to get a hit of lyst or oil, because that will affect the system's interpretation of your hit rates etc. and could theoretically later affect your chances of hitting a more rare resource.

Obviously it's impossible to avoid these, because they can seemingly be found everywhere and at every depth at semi-regular intervals, but I'm curious if other miners feel this is accurate.

It seems to me there is a very broad programming of scattering lyst and oil across any mine-able area of the map.

I guess this sparks some interesting questions, such as, can these be used to predict the likelihood of finding something better (ie - is lyst commonly found "near" other resources), or is it the other way around... if you get several lyst hits, should you move locations.

I dont know - as I said, just thinking out loud.

Easy way to think of it is that Lyst/Oil is the "Else" part at the end of the If loop (or the default at the end of the switch case) when determining what you found.
Something like, your roll = 20 (out of 100)
if (roll > 99){
resourceFound = Dunkel;
} else if (roll > 85){
resourceFound = Pyrite;
} else if (roll > 50){
resourceFound = Narcansium;
} else {
resourceFound = Lysterium;
}

In other words, Lyst is easy to find. Now of course this is extremely basic and they would have a ton of calculations to go into it including how you get NRF and other sort of things.

But yes, essentially Lyst/Oil are fillers, they are what you get when you don't qualify for something good (based on all the other parameters including depth, finder, amp, etc) and have lost too many peds for them to give you an NRF.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back