Calypso Land Deeds - how have they changed in the last seven years?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
I have been out of the game since 2013. I used to own a few CLDs but sold them when I stopped playing back then.

I heard that CLDs can be used to allow holders to buy land now. But after the CLDs are used for that purpose they can’t be used for that again. Is that true? How do we differentiate between “used” CLDs and “virgin” CLDs? Is there still land available to buy? Can a CLD land owner sell the land to someone else later? Do CLDs get locked up in the land when used for that?

I have been out of the game since 2013. I used to own a few CLDs but sold them when I stopped playing back then.

I heard that CLDs can be used to allow holders to buy land now. But after the CLDs are used for that purpose they can’t be used for that again. Is that true? How do we differentiate between “used” CLDs and “virgin” CLDs? Is there still land available to buy? Can a CLD land owner sell the land to someone else later? Do CLDs get locked up in the land when used for that?

Yes, when MindArk released Land Plots, you had to have a certain number of Calypso Land Deeds (and other things like Composite Planks for example) in order to claim one (number depended on the size of the Land Plot).

When you claimed a Land Plot, your [Calypso Land Deed]s were converted to [Calypso Land Deed (X)]s.

There aren't any left on Calypso, but there are many still available on RT and Arkadia, and you don't need CLDs to claim those.

If you want to know more about Land Plots, this thread is probably the best place to start.

Cheers o/

Legends

...Can a CLD land owner sell the land to someone else later? Do CLDs get locked up in the land when used for that?

Those other questions: Yes, you can sell the land - also via auction - but the sales history unhelpfully includes different land sizes in one chart. CLDs do not get locked up - they are converted to (X), which traditionally have a bit lower trading value on auction, but give the same payouts as normal CLDs.

Side note: the snug (if you build one) gets listed in your items at 469 peds and can apparently be sold, but I don't know details of this. My vegeatble box appears to be called an Omegaton acorn and is listed as tt-15.34 lol! Neither serve much purpose it would seem, as there has been no development of this content line by MA in years (apart from changing the look of the settlements now and again)....

Back