Omegaton to Purchase Vast Quantities of Components

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Omegaton, the Federal Empire's official logistics company, will be placing auction orders for large quantities of components in an effort to supply colonies experiencing acute technology shortages.

However, Genesis Star CEO Maximilian Wolfe says the initiative is anything but generous, claiming the import-dependent colonies are being forced into a monopoly arrangement.

"No other importer can get near those planets," said Wolfe. "The Imperial Navy's got them surrounded. Only Omegan freighters are allowed in."

The accusations were flatly denied by Tiberius Calderon, the Consul appointed by Omegaton to facilitate the initiative on Calypso.

"The Genois will say anything to discredit their competitors. It's pathetic," said Calderon.

Consul Tiberius Calderon will place auction orders for the following industrial components starting Feb. 28, 2020:

• Simple 4 Conductors - 12000 PED
  • Simple 3 Conductors - 60000 PED
  • Simple 2 Conductors - 160000 PED
  • Simple 3 Plastic Springs - 90000 PED
  • Simple 2 Plastic Springs - 112000 PED
  • Simple 3 Plastic Ruds - 17000 PED
  • Simple 2 Plastic Ruds - 110000 PED
  • Hardened Metal Ruds - 30000 PED
  • Basic Filters - 50000 PED
  • Basic Sensor - 22000 PED
  • Basic Structure - 45000 PED
  • Standard Matrix - 50000 PED
  • Standard Plate - 25000 PED
  • High Performance Engine - 15000 PED
  • Electropositive Processor - 10000 PED
  • Reinforced Bearings - 10000 PED
  • Heavy Duty Core - 10000 PED

Omegaton is offering the following additional incentives to spur the procurement effort:
  • For each component listed above, 100 PED will be awarded to the colonist who makes the largest contribution to fulfilling Calderon’s orders for that particular component.
  • 1000 PED will be awarded to the colonist who contributes the most total Trade Terminal value, of any combination of components listed above, to fulfilling Calderon’s auction orders.

Omegaton will place orders until the total Trade Terminal values listed above have been successfully purchased. Note that all of the orders listed above may not be active on the auction at the same time. Some components may be purchased using multiple orders; however there will still be only one 100 PED reward per component. A single colonist can qualify for multiple rewards.

Any intentional disruption or manipulation of the auction order process will be investigated.

/ CalyNET News

Originally Posted Here

A crafting event, now that is cool!!! Good job :yay:
Wonde at what % the orders will be placed at.

All simple's gone on auction, and resold for MAs order. Challange finished with person with biggest ped card in minutes..

Is it just me, or is this 'crafting' event - a bit shite.

Rgds

Ace

Nearly 1m ped needed to be cycled for a 2700ped in rewards.

A little lazy MA

All simple's gone on auction, and resold for MAs order. Challange finished with person with biggest ped card in minutes..

Is it just me, or is this 'crafting' event - a bit shite.

Rgds

Ace

Well not quite as MA put some of the MU's at below current MU's, so you are essentially losing out by selling to these orders. Good if you are just after skills and dont care about MU, but thats a good way to lose a lot of ped in crafting.

:rolleyes: Not sure if this event is supposed to reflect the depth of planning/thought MA has put into crafting as a whole.

Event and rewards not thought out well. Will be more ped card flex than crafting skill flex. I think I'll pass?

Well we gone see at what mu they gone buy it , let hope good one
still good event for hunters and miners also

Last edited:
Interesting event idea... I wonder if there's some hidden goodies to be found via unique BP drops? Good way to help shore up the markups of some more common components though.

The following orders are currently available in mass quantities (orders are set for 3 days):

Simple 4 Conductors = 140%
Simple 3 Conductors = 111%
Simple 2 Conductors = 107%
Simple 3 Plastic Springs = 115%
Simple 2 Plastic Springs = 108%
Simple 3 Plastic Ruds = 111%
Simple 2 Plastic Ruds = 109%
Hardened Metal Ruds = 116%
Basic Filters = 108%
Basic Sensor = 126%
Basic Structure = 115.97%
Standard Matrix = 112.98%
Standard Plate = 112.96%
High Performance Engine = 130%
Electropositive Processor = 125%
Reinforced Bearings = 130%
Heavy Duty Core = 121%

Nice to see MA coming up with some new ideas/events and trying stuff out, especially in a rather neglected area like crafting. :yay:

im glad to see there is at least one person left working in ma s office since i m really wondering atm :D

I just wonder if the people you hire to make this kind of "creativity" are getting payed. If you pay them, your HR department should just quit their jobs.

Again you are pathethic.

Well, I suppose you could get a bunch of useful statistical data from this... hopefully put to a good use afterwards.

animated-gifs-under-construction-126.gif

So, if I understand correctly, MA is going to buy stuff on auction, right?
They are going to pay MU, meaning they will put more TT in the system then they will take out.

Just wondering, where does this money come from? :confused:

THANK YOU! This is what we've been needing. This is not just a crafting event... This is a mining event, and a hunting event. This can result in higher markup for everyone involved. THIS is the kind of thing which will benefit everyone at multiple levels.

The event itself seems very basic and I do think the orders will be filled very fast, but I am happy to see more experimentation on crafting events.

Simple events are actually awesome -- they can be run often! I hope this one goes well and can come back often in various forms. Good luck crafters!

With The prizes being ridiculously insulting poor and below the belt :eyecrazy: and orders markup often far below what it is already, and I doubt with rising prices of materials the ones who will be paying for this so called event are the crafters :wise:

With a few more 2-5% markup here and there it would have been way better event. But Mindark used there calculations of data from crafting to produce the the markup they know they will get back trough crafting from this event.

Yet they let the rig flow hundreds of ped everyday for people that don't contribute anything to EU but come up with only a hundred ped for the top person who crafts basic filters all day just to fill this order of 50k peds worth of basic filters. does mindark even know how long it takes to make that many basic filters :eyecrazy: (Minark ya Basic)

I could go on but im to tired to spend more time on this event or mindark
To all the Crafters that do try to take part in this so called event. good luck

I like it, I hope this is a permanent addition to the game moving forward, makes skilling crafting professions a lot easier for some of us.

Simple event with good impact on all profession. I like the idea.

Who placed the buy order?

How do we know who placed the buy order on the broker?
I don't see anyway to tell who it is?
Rock.

How do we know who placed the buy order on the broker?
I don't see anyway to tell who it is?
Rock.

after you fulfill the order you get to know who bought but not before that ... but in case of this event you can guess the highest quantity is the MA's buy order.

No way Really..
If someone puts a higher/lower? bid than MA they will get the sale?
I don't want to guess if I'm actually getting credit for my sale.
Are these bids already in place??

Some confusion also as to actually sell to a buy order.
I found this

What I recommend doing is just type in the item you have to sell in the search and click on the orders tab. If any orders show up, those are what people are offering for you to sell them the item and how many they still want. The advantage over auction is, you don't have the risk in worrying if it will sell or not and whether or not you will lose your auction fee if it doesn't sell.

When you find an order you want to fill, you must go to the offers tab. Sell item like usual, except you only put in up to the quantity of item ordered, and you set the buy out price AT OR BELOW the ordered markup. If both of these conditions are true, the transaction will be instantly completed and the PEDs available on your card right away!

If MAs order is max markup = 108 what do I sell at?
Is this a percentage markup in the sale window?

So if anyone wants to know..
You can ping the buyer by selling a few items.
After the small sale goes through you can see who it is.
The max 108 is the max percentage buyout price you can put in the buyout of the sale.
IE; 108%

Not sure if you put only 100% if you get burned on the sale?
My first 2 sales were to small to get to 108%
As to my question about someone coming in with a lower bid they wont get the bid if you make sure your above their max offer.

Rock

Last edited:
Ok tin foil hat time.......Is MA using this event to test out a change to their crafting formula:

simple2condcraftingevent.jpg

Since when do 50% crafting success happen on anything unless its a very small run (10 clicks).

EDIT: Don't be concerned to much, its still a loss TT wise...but this type of success rate could vastly change crafting.

Last edited:
Shocking event to dig for some nice portions of information (economy, people).
I see it helpful to crafters who are using these components - one just need to learn how to order these at auction. At the idle periods event orders will keep component crafters on skilling. Please take into account that orders posted do not force you to fill it, just check your economy if to craft some other stuff while skilling isn't better. Do not bash MA if you think this event is bad - it's up to community to fill these or not. It tests us. Market on materials used to craft event stuff might get elevated and could bring "skilling" to more expensive. Event is about to teach us economy. I guess there will be much work for mentors directing their "kids" in the new oceans of information and teaching how to catch the wind.
Have fun wishes to everyone and Good Luck!

THANK YOU! This is what we've been needing. This is not just a crafting event... This is a mining event, and a hunting event. This can result in higher markup for everyone involved. THIS is the kind of thing which will benefit everyone at multiple levels.

I've been saying for years that the best thing to do for the economy is to get crafters crafting(not EP4), I think there's better ways to do it but maybe this will show them it's needed.

Now I'm off to put an order in 1% above MAs then sell to MA and win that 1000ped prize:laugh:

Ok tin foil hat time.......Is MA using this event to test out a change to their crafting formula:

simple2condcraftingevent.jpg

Since when do 50% crafting success happen on anything unless its a very small run (10 clicks).

EDIT: Don't be concerned to much, its still a loss TT wise...but this type of success rate could vastly change crafting.

cmon dude to low sample

Thank you MA for this event!! I think it's a step in the right direction to have an (recurring) event for crafters!

A few tips/suggestions. I hope others will comment on this and it gets discussed by the (crafting) community.

- Make it more like a Mayhem event. See the different components needed as Mayhem categories.
So, make those bp's clicked drop tradable tokens and have a top 10 per component/bp clicked instread of placing buy orders.
That way MA does not have to place buy orders and pay MU, players can't accidental sell to a wrong seller (Since you can't see who placed a buying order, this can lead to mistakes where people sell not to the MA buyer and not get credits for the crafted components), other players needing those components don't suffer from a shortage on the market due to a lot dissappearing into the MA buyer. Lastly, with tradable tokens it is possible for lower level players to craft and farm those tokens to sell. Which can be more of an incentive to craft or cooperate.
- Don't give PED prizes. Make them some (unique) limited blueprints (for limited) items. This also does not have to cost MA a lot (rare bp's have massive MU, not tt). Limited items disappear from the game after a while, so no permanent disturbance of the economy. These of course have to be worth participating, so something like a 20 click bp for a(limited) weapon with very high efficiency or DPS, a 10 click bp for a limited finder with a huge range (which uses a bigger number of probes).

|I think along those lines this event could be improved, but again, this is a great step!!

Omegaton, the Federal Empire's official logistics company, will be placing auction orders for large quantities of components in an effort to supply colonies experiencing acute technology shortages.

However, Genesis Star CEO Maximilian Wolfe says the initiative is anything but generous, claiming the import-dependent colonies are being forced into a monopoly arrangement.

"No other importer can get near those planets," said Wolfe. "The Imperial Navy's got them surrounded. Only Omegan freighters are allowed in."

so, uh... logically following the storyline, which planets is this talking about? Will all of the items actually purchased in this event be placed on non-Calypso planets or on some new unexplored planet, like the 3 new ones mentioned in the Deep Token White Paper that has been buried in the sand since that time?... hmm... wasn't there a space idea a few years ago about pirates having to deliver goods through space. Could this be the start of that thing? .... so many possibilities I suppose, but likely time will tell if Mindark actually develops any of it in ways they've hinted at previously or if this is just another one off story that goes nowhere like the orbs, etc.

Coincidence or not coincidence? Looking for a 'defendent'....

OK, so we have a new crafting event and I've been looking through it. I discovered something that ... well ... could signal some people knew of this event early.
Do people think the following is just circumstancial, or more than that?:

Simple 4 conductor blueprints have sold on EU at about 5 per month - price about 5 to 30 peds, presumably dependent on qr rating.
These last 4 weeks, six have sold, ok, BUT with a SUDDEN spike in the price and a couple sold at MUCH higher prices, before any announcement of the event.

If anyone can shed light on this, I'd be happy to put my doubts to rest.

Otherwise, ty for the event MA. I'm actually taking part in this.... to see how it goes.

Back