Suggestion: Azzah's opinion on the state of the game

The only way to change their habbits would be if we or at least a big bunch of the active players would not even shoot one shot at the next Easter Mayhem and not deposit a dime till Easter.

But some fucked up people would fuck the rebellion I would guess...

Power to the people, ey ?

My 2 cents ...

nice read and Would be great to see these things taken care of!!!!

The areas I would love to see more attention on is fixing bugs, some controls, mistakes or changes made and delivering on past promises. Stop moving from one half assed project to the next. Focus on the core of the game. Fix what you have broken and finish what you have started.

Some of the many bugs and poor changes made by MA in my opinion. Plus some of my personal recommendations.

-More Space Content
-introduce auto target and interact function for mob PvE hunting in space
-Space Waypoints don’t consider the Z axis anymore. WP are way off when trying to set to SS or MS
-Add ’Remove All Waypoints’ option
-Quad shoots phantom lasers randomly
-Toulan atmospheric entry hard to locate
-Ship and Quad thrusters look terrible now (in space) Quad thrusters planet side looks ok though?
-Camera alignment in space disoriented when moving it to look around ship
-Bring back Horizontal Alignment action icon
-Lighting, sprites, physics, random light reflections and textures look horrible since graphical update.
-Latency Issues causing people to get stuck in objects
-Mobs being spawned in terrain and flying mobs underground
-Mobs get to close when attacking and you start to spin, unable to shoot. Especially with flying mobs.
-The Red Text in the center of the screen
-Single click picks up items in estates. Annoying AF
-Some chairs and stools can not be sat on in estate anymore.
-Bring back pick up vehicle action
-Tier Rate system broken
-Can’t use TP to go somewhere after an event has started there
-Mayhem Event is too luck based. Remove the 5k bonus points that guarantee a win?
-Restock Mayhem Token trader with different varieties of items
-Many item images appear as a Red X in inventory. But not for everyone or every item
-User Generated Content Signs not working properly for some
-Private Chat tabs in main chat window Not highlighting for all new PMs
-Make official chat channels for essential services in game
-Ingame Music needs work. There was a time when the music worked properly and was descent

That is all for now.. I have to get back to work and do MY job. MA please do yours.

Last edited:
But rather just an option for monthly subscription including more storage space and auction slots.

and then complain about more materials MUs going down, because people don't have buy sleipnirs, pitbulls and other storage containers for storage anymore while at the same time there's going to be a lot more materials on auction because of the extra auction slots?

Edit: if anything they should remove items from the web shop and make them craftable instead (like pills)

Last edited:
-Toulan atmospheric entry broken

I had this issue a month or so ago. I try to land on Toulan and the game would just crash, relogging also leads to a crash. So I contacted online support and they said that I should reset my graphics settings before logging in. I did that and it worked. Online support replied within minutes btw.

I had this issue a month or so ago. I try to land on Toulan and the game would just crash, relogging also leads to a crash. So I contacted online support and they said that I should reset my graphics settings before logging in. I did that and it worked. Online support replied within minutes btw.

Thank you. But I was referring to it being very difficult to locate the entry point at Toulan. If you over shoot the small area that allows you to land, you will end up at deep space. :)
Have not been to Toulan in ages. If this was fixed, my apologies.

Edited post for clarity.

Different people have different motivations. But, the only thing we all have in common is this: we are here because this game is NOT a subscription game and besides because has a RCE.

In order to not be frustrated by having to compete in events against professional gamers like Messi, it is best to eliminate events and let the best things be looted in the mobs and that's it.

I think making a subscription game would be killing the game. (Dontforget: The community is not only made up of OP's friends. Or by PCF participants.)

Thats my opinion.

Different people have different motivations. But, the only thing we all have in common is this: we are here because this game is NOT a subscription game and besides because has a RCE.

In order to not be frustrated by having to compete in events against professional gamers like Messi, it is best to eliminate events and let the best things be looted in the mobs and that's it.

I think making a subscription game would be killing the game. (Dontforget: The community is not only made up of OP's friends. Or by PCF participants.)

Thats my opinion.

Well not really a subscription game by adding options that are based on subscription. ;)

I want an option to toxic shots that could be based on time instead of amount of interaction,
lets say 30 days.

This option should be possible to buy both ingame and IRL but with difference that IRL
you get some discount.

MA needs to increase income more so they can expand development team even more.

MA needs to increase income more so they can expand development team even more.

If they improve the universe, then there will be more players and more income. MA could invest money into improving it instead of sinking money in failed projects...

If they improve the universe, then there will be more players and more income. MA could invest money into improving it instead of sinking money in failed projects...

Thats the point of increasing the size of devteam, to improve the universe when current
team is to small to being able to do it within reasonable time.

Thats the point of increasing the size of devteam, to improve the universe when current
team is to small to being able to do it within reasonable time.

they have just to roll back a few changes and need to stop making things worse. The latter costs nothing btw.

they have just to roll back a few changes and need to stop making things worse. The latter costs nothing btw.

Might be some few that can be changed that way, but in general I doubt it will work that good
since quite often several features call for same thing.
So if they change one thing a second can be broken. If they fix the second a third might get
broken now, and so on.
It would be better to clean up among all old inefficient code and improve a lot of things, and create
more "what if"-s for a lot of features.

From a graphics p.o.v there are a LOT of stuff that needs to be updated, improved, and created,
from features and interactions p.o.v there are even more that needs to be done.
Lately it seems as if they have cut down on things instead, noticed some AI isn't as it used
to be, spawns are redused, and so on.

Just because it doesn't fit playerbase doesn't always mean it's a bad thing. I doubt they are
terrible in what they do it's just that they are not even close to the amount of dev-time needed.
The exponential curve with amount of development vs time seems to be cut off too soon.
Ofc a lot of this is my personal opinion and thoughts, but some things are pure observation.

Just because it doesn't fit playerbase doesn't always mean it's a bad thing. I doubt they are
terrible in what they do it's just that they are not even close to the amount of dev-time needed.

Yet it can actually be a bad thing. Crafting is a prime example for that, like the 2.0 crafting volatility doesn't fit to the design of L BPs.

the crafting volatility is designed that you need to do 4+k clicks to get good results, yet L BPs always come with 1-100 clicks, so doing 4+k click runs is pretty much impossible. Those 2 things just don't play nicely together.

imagine this, you get a 20 click L rare BP for something that may be in high demand and has high MU, so you go to buy all the ingredients and then you get 20 near success/fails in a row.

Money spend on getting the BP, money spend on the materials and you end up with nothing you could sell.

It's basically like: "you give me money, i give you nothing in return" from game's pov.

That's simply bad and unattractive design. Changing bad stuff like that should be #1 priority for MA as it has a rather big negative impact on gameplay and the economy.

Yet it can actually be a bad thing. Crafting is a prime example for that, like the 2.0 crafting volatility doesn't fit to the design of L BPs.

the crafting volatility is designed that you need to do 4+k clicks to get good results, yet L BPs always come with 1-100 clicks, so doing 4+k click runs is pretty much impossible. Those 2 things just don't play nicely together.

imagine this, you get a 20 click L BP for something that may be in high demand, so you go to buy all the ingredients and then you get 20 near success/fails in a row.

Money spend on getting the BPs, money spend on the materials and you end up with nothing you could sell.

It's basically like: "you give me money, i give you nothing in return"

That's simply bad and unattractive design.

Probably one of the reasons why we now can stack L-BPs, but who wants to run a 4k run
if they only need some few items? ;)
What (detailed) changes have been done to crafting and when?

Probably one of the reasons why we now can stack L-BPs, but who wants to run a 4k run
if they only need some few items? ;)
What (detailed) changes have been done to crafting and when?

- a lot of multipliers have been removed/their frequency drastically decreased (the removal of the times 40 once every 1000 clicks in average did hurt the most). December 2017 (unofficial/unintended change)
- base tt-return without multipliers has been decreased (by roughly 10%). December 2017 (unofficial/unintended change)
- many 90% tt-return successes have been replaced by 10% TT-return near successes & 33% TT-return near success have been removed. December 2017 (unofficial/unintended change)
- 10% TT-return near successes have been replaced by 25% and 50% TT-return, some multipliers got re-added (not enough however). early/mid 2018 (during official crafting 2.0)
- there's now always 100-110% TT-return success instead of 100% without multiplier (which is absolutely worthless when crafting UL items). early/mid 2018 (during official crafting 2.0)
- success rate got more volatile (which hurts a lot on L BPs & smaller crafting runs). early/mid 2018 (during official crafting 2.0)

being able to stack L BPs doesn't help much if you maybe loot 10 clicks per 10000 PED spend. And ofc there's no point in doing 4+k click runs when it takes 100+ years to sell all the produced items.

- a lot of multipliers have been removed/their frequency drastically decreased (the removal of the times 40 once every 1000 clicks in average did hurt the most). December 2017 (unofficial/unintended change)
- base tt-return without multipliers has been decreased (by roughly 10%). December 2017 (unofficial/unintended change)
- many 90% tt-return successes have been replaced by 10% TT-return near successes & 33% TT-return near success have been removed. December 2017 (unofficial/unintended change)
- 10% TT-return near successes have been replaced by 25% and 50% TT-return, some multipliers got re-added (not enough however). early/mid 2018 (during official crafting 2.0)
- there's now always 100-110% TT-return success instead of 100% without multiplier (which is absolutely worthless when crafting UL items). early/mid 2018 (during official crafting 2.0)
- success rate got more volatile (which hurts a lot on L BPs & smaller crafting runs). early/mid 2018 (during official crafting 2.0)

being able to stack L BPs doesn't help much if you maybe loot 10 clicks per 10000 PED spend. And ofc there's no point in doing 4+k click runs when it takes 100+ years to sell all the produced items.

I haven't followed crafting changes that much lately, but the Craft 2.0 haven't come yet?
I'm still waiting for it since this will be an interesting VU to see how they think when reducing
amount of items and materials+resources (and I guess BPs too).

Isn't it more about tweaking parameters that create this situation?

Probably too many "crafters" now, feels like same situation when texture system came, was easy
to profit when it was new but as soon as there came more players doing this profit reduced and
and finally became an average doing.

I haven't followed crafting changes that much lately, but the Craft 2.0 haven't come yet?
I'm still waiting for it since this will be an interesting VU to see how they think when reducing
amount of items and materials+resources (and I guess BPs too).

Isn't it more about tweaking parameters that create this situation?

Probably too many "crafters" now, feels like same situation when texture system came, was easy
to profit when it was new but as soon as there came more players doing this profit reduced and
and finally became an average doing.

they fucked up mining/crafting in december 2017 when they made adjustments to hunting & bonus shrapnell.
A half-assed fix (officially called crafting/mining 2.0) got delivered in early/mid 2018 and left many of the issues unfixed, the low base tt-return & lack of multipliers, and even added a new issue, the high volatility when it comes to successes.

they fucked up mining/crafting in december 2017 when they made adjustments to hunting & bonus shrapnell.
A half-assed fix (officially called crafting/mining 2.0) got delivered in early/mid 2018 and left many of the issues unfixed, the low base tt-return & lack of multipliers, and even added a new issue, the high volatility when it comes to successes.

Mid 2018 was Loot 2.0 for hunting, not crafting?

This should be Crafting 2.0:
MindArk is working on restructuring and streamlining the item situation in Entropia Universe. This involves many changes to the crafting system and loot distribution, with the goal of reducing the number of components, resources and similar items in the universe, to ensure that the majority of items have a place within the economy.

The balance between looted and crafted items, along with items from other sources such as events, competitions, strongboxes, etc., will be improved to strike a better balance.

New blueprints will use existing components and resources as much as possible to sustain a thriving and interdependent economy between crafting, mining and hunting.

Imo all resources and items that excisted when this was written still excist, so either they ditched this
idea or it hasn't been released yet.

Mid 2018 was Loot 2.0 for hunting, not crafting?

This should be Crafting 2.0:
MindArk is working on restructuring and streamlining the item situation in Entropia Universe. This involves many changes to the crafting system and loot distribution, with the goal of reducing the number of components, resources and similar items in the universe, to ensure that the majority of items have a place within the economy.

The balance between looted and crafted items, along with items from other sources such as events, competitions, strongboxes, etc., will be improved to strike a better balance.

New blueprints will use existing components and resources as much as possible to sustain a thriving and interdependent economy between crafting, mining and hunting.

Imo all resources and items that excisted when this was written still excist, so either they ditched this
idea or it hasn't been released yet.

loot 2.0, that was supposed to be only hunting was in 2017
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2017/09/27/Developer-Notes--14---Loot-2.0-Update.xml

crafting/mining was officially 2018 (although unannounced/unintended changes have happened in 2017 already whenever they officially made changes to hunting)
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...oper-Notes--16---Buff-Improvements-n-More.xml

loot 2.0, that was supposed to be only hunting was in 2017
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2017/09/27/Developer-Notes--14---Loot-2.0-Update.xml

crafting/mining was officially 2018 (although unannounced/unintended changes have happened in 2017 already whenever they officially made changes to hunting)
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...oper-Notes--16---Buff-Improvements-n-More.xml

Ah yeah, I have seen those, but that is parameter adjustments, not core changes.

Ah yeah, I have seen those, but that is parameter adjustments, not core changes.

they made parameter adjustments, that's right, however, they didn't fix the issues they've caused during loot 2.0 (2017). Those issues, lacks of multipliers as well as generally low TT-return without multipliers and it taking up to 400k clicks to get above 90% TT-return, are still around today.

it would be nice if they finally fix the mess they've made in 2017.

they made parameter adjustments, that's right, however, they didn't fix the issues they've caused during loot 2.0 (2017). Those issues, lacks of multipliers as well as generally low TT-return without multipliers and it taking up to 400k clicks to get above 90% TT-return, are still around today.

it would be nice if they finally fix the mess they've made in 2017.

There is something that made them doing this change. I doubt they went in and adjusted it
just to screw it up for everyone. Question is what.
Did too many profit from crafting and therefor they changed it, so it couldn't be used as a
balance tool from hunting anymore? Well not in same amount at least.
If this is the reason those dedicated crafters will probably suffer most.

There is something that made them doing this change. I doubt they went in and adjusted it
just to screw it up for everyone. Question is what.

well, they keep claiming those changes would not have happened, but they did happen. So it could have been just unintentional changes (bugs) and MA not having a clue about what's going on in their game.

well, they keep claiming those changes would not have happened, but they did happen. So it could have been just unintentional changes (bugs) and MA not having a clue about what's going on in their game.

Sorry, I saw I was a bit unclear there.
I ment they adjusted the parameters so multipliers occurs at different ratio, and therefor
makes it way harder to use crafting as a balance tool after hunting.
So they didn't have to change anything, just tweak some parameters and therefor get
a completly different outcome for some players.
But since this will effect every player using crafting every player will have new experience
from crafting. I also noticed that multipliers are rare compare to when it was fairly simple
to balance bad hunting loot out years ago.
Today I laborate way more with slider for success rate, and so far it's been ok, even though
it's not like how it used to be.

Sorry, I saw I was a bit unclear there.
I ment they adjusted the parameters so multipliers occurs at different ratio, and therefor
makes it way harder to use crafting as a balance tool after hunting.
So they didn't have to change anything, just tweak some parameters and therefor get
a completly different outcome for some players.
But since this will effect every player using crafting every player will have new experience
from crafting. I also noticed that multipliers are rare compare to when it was fairly simple
to balance bad hunting loot out years ago.
Today I laborate way more with slider for success rate, and so far it's been ok, even though
it's not like how it used to be.

from what i remember, they drastically increased the frequency of bonus shrapnell but reduced the frequency of multipliers in hunting. The change in multiplier frequency carried over to crafting and mining, the frequency increase of bonus shrapnell couldn't carry over to crafting and mining. And this whole thing messed up crafting and mining.

Pretty sure to this day the crafting & mining multipliers are still balanced around bonus shrapnell, which simply does not happen on crafting & mining. An error MA hasn't corrected in the past 2,5 years.

from what i remember, they drastically increased the frequency of bonus shrapnell but reduced the frequency of multipliers in hunting. The change in multiplier frequency carried over to crafting and mining, the frequency increase of bonus shrapnell couldn't carry over to crafting and mining. And this whole thing messed up crafting and mining.

Pretty sure to this day the crafting & mining multipliers are still balanced around bonus shrapnell, which simply does not happen on crafting & mining.

The funny thing with Loot 2.0 is that I don't have much of a difference in loot, maybe that
I got more big ones last two years.
Loot 2.0 is not a completly new system, it's an improved and optimized system from old one.
Whats even more fun is that it poped up (and looter prof stands) when gambling laws were
on the way to be updated. Coincidence? Doubt it. Never seen old system as pure DPP system
either, it has always been about matching values imo.

The areas I would love to see more attention on is fixing bugs, some controls, mistakes or changes made and delivering on past promises. Stop moving from one half assed project to the next. Focus on the core of the game. Fix what you have broken and finish what you have started.

Some of the many bugs and poor changes made by MA in my opinion. Plus some of my personal recommendations.

-More Space Content
-introduce auto target and interact function for mob PvE hunting in space
-Space Waypoints don’t consider the Z axis anymore. WP are way off when trying to set to SS or MS
-Add ’Remove All Waypoints’ option
-Quad shoots phantom lasers randomly
-Toulan atmospheric entry hard to locate
-Ship and Quad thrusters look terrible now (in space) Quad thrusters planet side looks ok though?
-Camera alignment in space disoriented when moving it to look around ship
-Bring back Horizontal Alignment action icon
-Lighting, sprites, physics, random light reflections and textures look horrible since graphical update.
-Latency Issues causing people to get stuck in objects
-Mobs being spawned in terrain and flying mobs underground
-Mobs get to close when attacking and you start to spin, unable to shoot. Especially with flying mobs.
-The Red Text in the center of the screen
-Single click picks up items in estates. Annoying AF
-Some chairs and stools can not be sat on in estate anymore.
-Bring back pick up vehicle action
-Tier Rate system broken
-Can’t use TP to go somewhere after an event has started there
-Mayhem Event is too luck based. Remove the 5k bonus points that guarantee a win?
-Restock Mayhem Token trader with different varieties of items
-Many item images appear as a Red X in inventory. But not for everyone or every item
-User Generated Content Signs not working properly for some
-Private Chat tabs in main chat window Not highlighting for all new PMs
-Make official chat channels for essential services in game
-Ingame Music needs work. There was a time when the music worked properly and was descent

That is all for now.. I have to get back to work and do MY job. MA please do yours.
:wise: Yes please. Just to clarify, the red text needs to go away.
The first change I would prioritize to make would be to make any mob that can hit you, hittable by you, period.
The second would be to fix chart. This is not a big task, and the bugs are very irritating, just get it done.
The third is to remove the 5k from mayhem because that would be a large step to making mayhem worth trying for the majority of players.
Fourth would be the actions and buttons suggested.
Fifth is the red text.
The reason the "stuck in ground" glitch isn't in my list is that it's an engine flaw not a platform flaw, ie, you'd have to migrate to a better engine (ie one that actually works at all). Otherwise that would be second in my list.

Overall I really enjoy our online world.

I would like to see the lag fixed that causes my avatar to stop shooting while the mob runs up to attack me. That's the biggest issue.

:smoke:

Back