3 little things to make you love toxic

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
While answering on the PVP event thread, I wanted to take the opportunity to talk about this, and then I thought it might not be the right place, so I created this new thread.

I already feel that it could become a playground for trolls of all kinds, PvP haters and Care Bears... :girl:
Please restrain your instincts if you don't understand, or if you don't like PvP.

Here are 3 little things that could be easy to set up, and in my opinion would make PvP more fair, more interesting, and so much more fun.

1. Turn off the radar in toxic zones.

This point could become optional if the following 2 points would be implemented. :wise:
It is to be tested.
But I think Radar Off can bring so much more realism, adrenalin, and so fun.

2. Allow vehicles. (the cargo hold would be sealed in the toxic zone, for the obvious reasons we know.)

There is ingame alot of different vehicules, and some nice mounted weapons (useless right now), it could lead to a lot of different kinds of battles out there. :rocket:

3. Restrict the use of the TP chip in toxic areas.

The duration of a safe bubble should only be about 10 seconds maximum in these areas (at least not long enough to safely recharge the TP).

And the loading time of the TP chip should be doubled in this area, so that it's not so easy to escape as soon as you see a green dot on the radar.

4. Make toxic areas interesting again by turning them into areas that really offer exclusive resources.

MindArk, why not test this for at least some time, and see how it goes.. :wtg:

Last edited:
We had radar off before, but it is exploitable and unless the game client is run directly by MA and streamed to us which will not happen in the next decade, will ALWAYS be exploitable giving cheaters an unfair advantage.

We also had vehicles in lootable before, but MA can't code or take suggestions for shit on how to do it so they took it out as well.

We had radar off before

Yes the radar was first disabled, then it was enabled, then disabled, enabled, etc...

This from my point of view shows that MA doesn't know exactly what to do about this. :dunno:

but it is exploitable and unless the game client is run directly by MA and streamed to us which will not happen in the next decade, will ALWAYS be exploitable giving cheaters an unfair advantage.

What do you mean by that ?
How is this exploitable ?
Are you saying that people could have the radar activated by some kind of cheating, when it's supposed to be disabled ? :confused:

If yes, indeed that's a problem.
Cheaters always are a problem..

We also had vehicles in lootable before, but MA can't code or take suggestions for shit on how to do it so they took it out as well.

I think you're underestimating MA a bit on those 2 points.. :dunce:
I know almost nothing about coding, but I think it would be pretty easy to just make the vehicles storages "unusable" in toxic areas.

And by the way, if you ask me, MA could just completely remove the vehicles storages ingame, which actually have no other use than to serve as storage in the planet's storage.

Vehicles are made to move, and storages are made to store.
So they could remove the vehicle storages, and create new boxes instead, that would serve as storage in the planet's storage.

As for the fact that they could not take suggestions.

I suggested that in September 2018:

People are hidding in vehicle carcass (destroyed vehicles) to avoid being killed.
Easy solution: When a vehicle is destoyed in any PvP zone, it instantly goes back to storage.

( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...l-PvP-zones!&p=3662823&highlight=#post3662823 )

And this was introduced ingame about 4 months later.

:rocket:

We had radar off before, but it is exploitable and unless the game client is run directly by MA and streamed to us which will not happen in the next decade, will ALWAYS be exploitable giving cheaters an unfair advantage.

I too want to know what the radar exploit was. Can you explain? Thanks :)

I too want to know what the radar exploit was. Can you explain? Thanks :)

There have been many exploits in the past, one of the most recent ones is just logging into the game already in the pvp zone and radar is on...

Even if those simple exploits are removed, the game servers still have to send the location of avatars in radar range to the game client so the avatars can be drawn in game so you can see them. This will always be exploitable by snooping on game code with third party software.

The ONLY way to have fair pvp is for radar to be on for everyone

There have been many exploits in the past, one of the most recent ones is just logging into the game already in the pvp zone and radar is on...

Even if those simple exploits are removed, the game servers still have to send the location of avatars in radar range to the game client so the avatars can be drawn in game so you can see them. This will always be exploitable by snooping on game code with third party software.

The ONLY way to have fair pvp is for radar to be on for everyone

I can't tell about that, but anyway as I said in the first post, radar is optional.

And the others points are still valid. :sniper:

Back