Support hasn't bothered to help me for half a month

RobbidyRob

Hatchling
Hey Forum!

Don't know if this is the right place for this but i speak to you guys today to share my IMMENSE disappointment with the Entropia Universe Support.

After downloading the game about 3 weeks ago, i logged in for the very first time in my life only to get stuck in an empty void where i was originally supposed to enter a Character Creation.

Twitch Recording of the Issue i had (which the support member didnt spend even a single second looking at)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/550631080

I Re-Downloaded the entire game (including every planet data) a whopping 5!!! Times with no avail - no matter which account or how many times i reinstalled, i was stuck.

So i went and asked the Support for help. First through a Ticket (opened 2020-02-11), then through the Live Chat Support.

Upon being told to redownload the entire game for a 6th time, expecting shit to magically change and work somehow i got very annoyed by the support. Who then proceeded to ask me a whopping 2!! questions and concluding afterwards that, in fact, my internet connection isn't fast enough to play Entropia Universe.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9030979472

Upon sending the Speedtest results to the Live support he straight up REFUSED to consider any other possibility and was hellbent on telling me over and over and over again - that my internet isn't fast enough to play.

After a bit of discussion with the support member, he told me that he'd redirect me to a different person - only to close the chat 10 seconds later - setting my ticket as "closed" and my issue as being fixed.

Upon re-entering the Live Chat Support i got connected TO THE VERY SAME PERSON AGAIN - only for him to close the chat immediately and apparrently BANNING me from Live Support (as the chat support hasn't been available to me since then)

So yah. Entropia's Support killed the game for me before i ever got the chance to test it.
Entropia's Support BANNED ME FROM THEIR SUPPORT after being unable to fix my problem.
Entropia's Support jumped to the very first possibility that came to mind and REFUSED TO CONSIDER ANYTHING ELSE.

So without ever setting foot into the (supposedly) wonderful World of Entropia - Without having recieved a single speck of support other than "your internet is too slow to play" and "reinstall the game for a 6th time maybe something will magically change" - i am officially done with this game :) Please give your kind regards to Entropia's Support Team - the BY FAR worst and most unprofessional support i've witnessed in any game, EVER.

How this game is keeping itself alive with employees that outright BAN their customers from support after FAILING to help in any way is beyond me.

That's my little rant for you guys - if you thought about spending money on this garbage can of a company - please reconsider. They won't even try to help you.

//Edit: Forgot to mention that the In-Game chat has came up with literally hundreds of possible causes and fixes for my Issue. None of them helped but a chat filled with random people around the world is a better support than EMPLOYEES THAT GET PAID.

So long! o/

I think I saw this happen a while back.

Not the kind of welcome a new player should receive. Players you may have chatted to and Mindark Support will have done all they can to assist I'm sure. They may have been unable to suggest much more than 'uninstall and relog in' though.

I've not seen it happen recently so whatever caused it, hopefully has been resolved. I wont comment on your conversations with Mindark because I didn't witness any of it. I can imagine the frustration. You may get to feel that emotion again. ;)

Hopefully you are here now and maybe after a bad start you may like it here? :dunno:

Last edited:
In all fairness this would-be player might have gotten that one Support employee who has spent so many years being chronically unsupportive... :tiphat:

Did you open a support case through the website as well instead of just talking to live chat?
You might have more luck with that as i don't think the live support chat is really going to be able to troubleshoot more than the page of known issues they can resolve.

Update about 5 Months later: Support has told me at some point in that time to "Download Entropia yet again, we have a new launcher, it might work" but alas, the Problem still persists. It's the same Issue even MONTHS after.

Game is still unplayable for me. I've had almost half a year of patience hoping they would be able to solve my issue but it seems this game does not want me.

Farewell everyone, not that i met any of you ever since i never got to even log into the game properly but still.

You can request that they delete your account, this is part of the ToU and they must comply. But at this point I would just create a new email and register a completely new account.

I agree that they should have fixed it, that's no way to treat a customer.

Your internet isn't great, but i have played with worse so that isn't your issue.

A few questions...

Can you post your general system specs?

I'm assuming that you gave it a try off stream as well as on stream. The encoding process of running a livestream can be quite strenuous and may be causing the issue.

Do you have another computer or a friends computer that you can try to log in from? Perhaps a local internet cafe?

with a bit of luck we can trouble shoot the problem here for you.

Also I've found that the games discord can be a great place to find help too

i watched your twitch video...never seen this kind of stuff tbh...

maybe also more info would help.....

whats the specs of your pc ? graphic card ,video driver version? vc runtime version? windows with updates ?

is direct X11 installed (graphic card supports Dx11 too?)

do you have another pc where you could try to install entropia ? from which website did you install/download the client ?

I saw other ppl within the last weeks/months telling near the same in rookie chat....but never heard of them again then...and if they have resolved the issue or not...

Regards,
Eddie

Try to reset you graphics settings from the launcher tab, and when you uninstall the game yet another time, make sure you delete every single file it had. And as others suggested, try logging in from another PC to see what happens.

Support in this game is usually helpful when they actually are able to help. Most my tickets were answered within a day, but I rarely file any.

If you cant make the game work in half a month then just quit it and dont blame support.

Why cant support just place you at a tp, on calypso, or Thule if you've not done it yet.

Seems weird they keep telling you to re-download the game over and over again.

Why cant support just place you at a tp, on calypso, or Thule if you've not done it yet.

Seems weird they keep telling you to re-download the game over and over again.

Because he's stuck at character creation and not made his character yet so there isn't anything to move anywhere yet ;)

To op here is something you can try. From Entropia universe - client loader press the tools button and within there try different settings e.g. connection, verify local data

Try setting the connection speed, at the option tab, to 10 Mbits(/s).
Your speed test shows that you have a 10 Mbps connection but your twitch video showed your setting in option tab as 1 Mbps.

Hope this helps.

Then we wonder why we don't have a growing player base. New players can't start and old players have been steadily leaving.

MA's goal should be to increase the player population every year and do everything within their means to accomplish this. Hope some day they can add 10, 20 or 50,000 new players so the game is active.

Honest question what is MA doing to make this game better for 2020 moving forward? Where are they?

On topic 2 days is the longest ANY ticket should go unanswered! Anything beyond that is unacceptable and where is the customer survey after a support case is answered so we can rate our experience with support?

the longest support case i had just took them 19 months. so theres plenty of time left to wait

I notice two things on the video.

First there is the message "Press W,A,S,D to move", which tends to show that you have already left the avatar creation room.

And second, your avatar is half HP.
How did you manage to get hurt or die before you even created the avatar ? :confused:

It sounds simplistic, but did you try to press T to teleport to nearest revival ?

I notice two things on the video.

First there is the message "Press W,A,S,D to move", which tends to show that you have already left the avatar creation room.

And second, your avatar is half HP.
How did you manage to get hurt or die before you even created the avatar ? :confused:

It sounds simplistic, but did you try to press T to teleport to nearest revival ?

his location even says avatar creation. probably some bug. if i were him id download all planet data. maybe they have put the avatar creation room in some elses planets data (his tests says he downloaded all planets data but the video only shows semi downloaded planet data of most other planets)

Update about 5 Months later: Support has told me at some point in that time to "Download Entropia yet again, we have a new launcher, it might work" but alas, the Problem still persists. It's the same Issue even MONTHS after.

Game is still unplayable for me. I've had almost half a year of patience hoping they would be able to solve my issue but it seems this game does not want me.

Farewell everyone, not that i met any of you ever since i never got to even log into the game properly but still.

Did you ask Support to delete your account details and remade your account yet ? I assume there is zero value on this account and i dont know how this situation arised but that might fix it. They could also with your permission just create a avatar and you fix your apearance later ingame.

best of luck to you

Back