Server Downtime for Release

People, dont be so hard on the Devs and all. Theyre having a hard time as it is. In fact theyre on it. We need to be patient with them, as they are with us.

Rock the boat here might just influence your returns in-world. Just dont, especially if you are a very active gamer. Dont go full-retard. I speak through experience. You want them to like you. Not dislike you. :yup:

I dont mean brown-nosing them and becomming rediculous, but stay sober and reasonable.

This indeed. I’ve noticed a lot more harping of MA lately. The UL BPs being lootable definitely needs fixing, but otherwise there are things like people comparing about tiering not being addressed when it was already said that’s coming in a patch shortly after this VU. I’m all for criticism when it’s due, but a lot I’ve been seeing lately is either not paying attention to updates or underestimating how different projects can be worked on concurrently. For example, not every single staff member at MA is going to be going over tier rate formulae for each item. That looks like a lot of work, but people working on graphics aren’t going to suddenly stop what they are doing until tiering is fixed.

Last edited:
Well. A week or so ago, I discovered the whole Codex thingy. Ye I am slow and did not know. When I opened the dang thing, I was busy for quite a while selecting which rewards I wanted or needed. In fact. It helped me skill up mega fast to be able to use my new Tier 6 Songkra acid dagger. I cant complain.

People, dont be so hard on the Devs and all. Theyre having a hard time as it is. In fact theyre on it. We need to be patient with them, as they are with us.

Rock the boat here might just influence your returns in-world. Just dont, especially if you are a very active gamer. Dont go full-retard. I speak through experience. You want them to like you. Not dislike you. :yup:

I dont mean brown-nosing them and becomming rediculous, but stay sober and reasonable.

You suck up brown noser!!!
You just want another HOF, don't you?

:tongue2:

For example, not every single staff member at MA is going to be going over tier rate formulae for each item.
I don't remember if it was you who assumed a few days ago that every item would have to be checked. I'm fairly certain most people will think it's a generic formula for how any item should progress but depending on the individual rates. I do not believe all items (or even any as such) will need checking, ergo not a hassle. A diff between L and unL, yes, but otherwise one formula can handle anything, including differing max tt values and the like if they wish...

I don't remember if it was you who assumed a few days ago that every item would have to be checked. I'm fairly certain most people will think it's a generic formula for how any item should progress but depending on the individual rates. I do not believe all items (or even any as such) will need checking, ergo not a hassle. A diff between L and unL, yes, but otherwise one formula can handle anything, including differing max tt values and the like if they wish...

That was likely me. There are other factors we don’t see on client side besides listed tier rates. Otherwise, UL items with similar tier rates would tier at the same speed, when in reality, some are very slow at tiering even when accounting for differences like decay. If anyone has tiered a variety of items, it should be pretty clear it’s not a simple generic formula, so there’s going to be a lot of individual checking needed when reworking the system.

Maybe im just not understanding (i never really cared about missions anyway) for new players codex is absolutely better

You aren't understanding. I would never start this game now as a new player and I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone because they missed the boat, it's too late. The main reason to hunt is to complete epic iron mission chains with unique rewards. Without that there isn't much reason to play this game and it is why we hunt. The missions add depth and uniqueness to the game. They also give players a reason to explore the Universe and visit other planets. To discover new missions and perhaps be the first to find out their reward. To have an open sandbox.

The main issue with codex is you are removing the entire point of mob selection, planet selection, LA selection. As well as dumbing down the game removing the MMORPG element. The Codex needs a complete reward rework to bring back that unique mob selection element and discovery. Then there are some planets you hunt on like Cyrene because you want attributes. So you are removing the main reason to go to Cyrene and replacing an unbelievable great reward system with a boring one that you can get on Caly! Making all the mobs on Cyrene pointless. Or this works the other way around too. If you are on Cyrene now all the mobs on Caly are pointless. Same boring rewards...

This issue then goes to every planet as each awesome and unique mission system that each planet deserves is replaced by the current boring one. On Ark the reason why you grind extra kills and have a 12,000 kill stage 5 is so that way you can unlock the Stage 6 repeatable point mission that is easier. That is your reward. You are now removing these missions that people worked hard on to unlock these Stage 6 missions and again replacing them with boring Codex. So why hunt on Ark if there isn't a unique mission system? (again there is no point, oh great everywhere is the same how boring)

Each planet needs Unique missions and concepts that inspire exploration and a different reason to be on that planet. If its the same missions system everywhere that is depressing and the end of what we call an MMO.

If every mob reward and planet is the same the game will be the most boring stagnant MMO in history. It won't hold player attention. It most definitely won't inspire exploration! Then players will just stay on 1 planet because it doesn't matter or just quit because the game is just a pop up mission click and move on. Seriously this is very bad gaming development making this more like a slot machine! At least this game had a good run I guess. Sorry but we aren't expanding player growth with these changes. A 5 year old with crayons during recess could draw up a better mission system than Codex. That might seem a little harsh but the truth hurts. I never seen such a bad system and I been playing MMO's and RPGs for 30 years.

We really need far better improvements to the mission system than this and I hope we get one so that way we can inspire new player growth.

Last edited:
You aren't understanding...

i think you aren't either ... and after i found your screenshot regarding oilrig mobtrains, i tend to question your mindset even more.

i think you aren't either ... and after i found your screenshot regarding oilrig mobtrains, i tend to question your mindset even more.

No I am understanding why we play an MMORPG and please tell me what other game has the same reward for everything and is successful? Oh right there isn't one because that would be pointless for a game that is based on progression, adventure and exploration. This is common sense. The most developer time in an MMORPG should be spent on missions! That is true for every single MMORPG. To have player immersion into the story and adventure they are on.

I mob trained the oil rig 2 years ago, had some fun, made some friends and you aren't making a point with that comment. Heaven forbid you have fun mob training which is really fun and also legal in PvP. I really would like a daily bonus mission where you have to mob train 5 people. There aren't too many fun things you can do in this game. I think that is the problem. Creature control pills at the right spot are also really fun.

Last edited:
Fucks sake, does every thread really need to devolve into a bitchfest about the codex?

Fucks sake, does every thread really need to devolve into a bitchfest about the codex?

yes.

Just as long until the stupid codex has been turned into something nice.

It's a pretty big deal and deal breaker. The entire back bone of the game is at stake so this is a pretty important topic. How missions are implemented is the most important aspect of this game because it is the game for this genre.

It's a pretty big deal and deal breaker. The entire back bone of the game is at stake so this is a pretty important topic. How missions are implemented is the most important aspect of this game because it is the game for this genre.

If it's such a huge deal breaker then just stop playing and give us a break from your dissertations in every single thread. I think nobody is uncertain about how you feel about it at this point.

...and don't forget, missions are the engine that keeps us grinding.

Boring skill rewards, at least for me, are not the reasons to keep grinding.

If it's such a huge deal breaker then just stop playing and give us a break from your dissertations in every single thread. I think nobody is uncertain about how you feel about it at this point.

We could arguably say the same about you.

The main reason to hunt is to complete epic iron mission chains with unique rewards. Without that there isn't much reason to play this game and it is why we hunt.

Please speak for yourself and say "I" instead of "we". Those of us who joined before missions even existed found other reasons to stay. The iron missions were a success no doubt, and there are reasons why they evolved into Codex one can read about here. Whether the reward tables are cast in stone remains to be seen, but expecting double the goodies while the old system is still in place might seem a wee bit greedy.

Please speak for yourself and say "I" instead of "we". Those of us who joined before missions even existed found other reasons to stay. ....

absolutely.

Hanging out in twins. :smoke::wtg:

Shouting from the boxes. :woot:

Forever wondering what those voting terminals would be used for. :scratch2:

Shooting and get being shot out of the octagon, just for fun :sniper: :rocket:

You know, the cool old days, the easy going vibes. :girl:

I guess those times are gone. :(

What you think would happen if we go back to no missions?

And the problem for me is, I don't see codex as a mission at all. Codex is just an unlimited skill pill.
Nothing more, nothing less.

But hey, the first positive thing I will say today, MA wrote they implemented new missions, so let's first find out about that and then bitch again. :silly2:

love this thread. and prophet is down for version update now. :laugh:

Shooting and get being shot out of the octagon, just for fun :sniper: :rocket:

Remember skilling for the first land grab? Whatever happened to Hyperion the uber Octagon healer?

This is a sign of warning for MA. You really should be thankful that the player base is being so vocal on why they will be leaving this game if things continue.

This should concern everyone, once these people leave...as you would like... your stuff has no value.

I personally already wrote off my entire account under this assumption. But, I don't need or care to cash out the 100's of ks of peds on my account....I am already up millions, profits have been made. I am very very sad though that this game which I do enjoy, and which has changed my life financially has so many management errors and questionable decisions.

If the noise of people complaining is getting loud...it only holds validity to the problem.

This game cannot afford 10% players lost at this point it will be a breaking point.

I don't understand why people are upset with the codex. It hasn't replaced missions, it's replaced iron missions. Finally I can hunt anything I want and still get a bonus, and MA can create any other 'interesting' missions they want.

I don't understand why people are upset with the codex. It hasn't replaced missions, it's replaced iron missions. Finally I can hunt anything I want and still get a bonus, and MA can create any other 'interesting' missions they want.
and EVERYONE gets same bonus so skill prices deflate enormously.

and EVERYONE gets same bonus so skill prices deflate enormously.

Giving away skills to stay in a hunting category pretty much put the nail in the coffin for skills, this just buries it.

Skills are no longer something to farm so you don't need to depo, you may as well get used to using them for improving your avatar.

I hate to be the guy but you are wrong. Missions are not the backbone of this game. There were no missions for like 8 years and the game was thriving and more interesting than now. People hunted whatever and whenever, not what the system told them to hunt.

If all missions were deleted tomorrow most players would still play anyways. The backbone of this game is RCE. For everything else there are soooooooo many awesome games out there with better graphics, systems, gameplay, missons, fun, immersion.

This is a sign of warning for MA. You really should be thankful that the player base is being so vocal on why they will be leaving this game if things continue.

This should concern everyone, once these people leave...as you would like... your stuff has no value.

It's not "the player base", it's a small group of vociferous people. Your statements would hold more weight if indeed everyone felt this way, but it's simply not true.

And you got me wrong, I could care less if anyone stays, leaves, whatever - my shit has no significant value anyway. What I don't get is the handful of chronic complainers that seem to absolutely loathe everything about the game and feel the need to project this rancor into every fucking thread about every topic. Sure the game has plenty of issues, and yes MA often makes hilariously bad decisions; but if you consciously decide to return every day to something that makes you completely miserable then that's more retarded than anything MA has ever done.

If the noise of people complaining is getting loud...it only holds validity to the problem.

This game cannot afford 10% players lost at this point it will be a breaking point.

Very good points. This game really needs to expand and some of these new ideas from MA that they are excited about is a move in the completely wrong direction for player growth in an MMORPG. The game isn't exciting or immersive and I don't think that point can be argued very well. Adding Codex has just made an already lack luster adventure even more dull and boring. I stand by that Codex is the worst system I have seen implemented into an MMORPG in the 30 years I have in gaming.

Most players stay because they have a home here and invested a lot of time and money but with each VU it is less like the home they love to return too. There should be VU's with updates that the players are really excited about that is tried and tested features in other successful games. If this game isn't growing it is dying and I don't see any new features being added to help the game grow. I invested my time here but I play other games when I want an adventure. It's 2020 and MA needs to create an adventure and way to increase this shrinking player base, Codex isn't it.

Each planet should have Unique awesome iron missions that attract players for different reasons. The codex is a devastating blow to the Universe as a whole.

Last edited:
it only a handful of people going on and on and on and on and on and on about codex. im sure ma can safely ignore them..

bigger issue is the update bugs atm.

I kinda like the dmh enh boosts amp factor tbh. increases dps and risk factor I think. it would be nice if enhancers did a 10% boost each across the board tho for faps etc etc to lessen the confusion.

it only a handful of people going on and on and on and on and on and on about codex. im sure ma can safely ignore them..

bigger issue is the update bugs atm.

This game can't afford to lose a handful of depositors or players. It really can't. I am someone that is passionate about the games success and you can't ignore how these veteran players aren't replaced by new player growth. Not only that when Codex does go Universe wide people will realize why people were shouting so loudly about how bad it really is. It's bad for the game and economy (You were warned) Whether you can see it or not.

We should pump the brakes on the implementation of badly thought out systems and make sure they are right for the future direction of the game. Codex as it is right now is really bad and it needs to have a lot more thought and design put into it. That is hardly asking for too much!

There won't be a reason to travel around the Universe when Codex comes out on every planet the way it is now. It will really nullify the point of having all these planets. Every planet even Caly will struggle with these changes.

Hopefully planet partners fight long and hard about how this bad system is implemented on their planet so it doesn't ruin the reason to travel there or the economy in the Universe as a whole.

I will throw you a bone, even though the idea of a Universal mission system is horrific for this type of game. At least try to improve Codex and make sure the rewards are Unique for each mob and planet. I am just amazed a system that is in the early Alpha stages of development was rushed out. That is just a poor decision.

Back