Server Downtime for Release

2.7gb nice release size
...it would only take 5-10mb for some decent space transport missions by enhancing the event system
...it would only take 1 byte in the right place to increase mob spawn density in space...

im sure this will be fix for fcked up textures and light glitches

im sure this will be fix for fcked up textures and light glitches

This is a PP VU, so it's more than that. I'd say Codex will be released for Monria, RT and Ark. Maybe we will also see some new Estates on Ark Moon and RT being auctionned, some new content for Ark Moon, Cyrene, NI and RT.

Everything is supposed to be Codex by this fall (one year from implementation on Calypso). Better to get the Codex on other planets now so we can finish missions while getting skill rewards from two systems instead of one.

Nope.

No codex for cyrene (luckily)

"Planet Cyrene does not yet have acces to the Codex yet to add Cyrene mobs, this will happen next year..."

Nope.

No codex for cyrene (luckily)

"Planet Cyrene does not yet have acces to the Codex yet to add Cyrene mobs, this will happen next year..."

Planet Cyrene does not yet have access to the Codex yet to add Cyrene mobs, this will happen later this year,

Planet Cyrene does not yet have access to the Codex yet to add Cyrene mobs, this will happen later this year,

No. not this year.
Next year.
At least, that's what the VU info says.

they are late releasing this vu

guess it take time to check that all the new bugs are installed ? lol

whats is loot ?

EU don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more :laugh:

Just bored at work and waiting for the patchnotes, but it seems they're gonna be a bit late.

Everything is supposed to be Codex by this fall (one year from implementation on Calypso). Better to get the Codex on other planets now so we can finish missions while getting skill rewards from two systems instead of one.

Think you are missing the point. If every planet and every mob has the same boring codex reward. Please tell me the reason to do it? (There is none) If they remove every interesting mission in the game what is the incentive to keep playing? (Again there is none)

Most players play this game or any MMO for an adventure!! The Codex system is the most boring mission system ever implemented into an MMO and if you want to kill off this MMO then tada.... you did it MA. Sorry but the Codex is in the early stages at best and needs a complete rework on mission rewards. There needs to be actual thought put into the mission system not some boring pop up for every mob in game with the same boring predictable rewards.

Finding an NPC or mission and being the first to discover the rewards is an element that is exciting in an MMO. Unique mission rewards is the reason we travel to other planets. If every mob is the same there is no point anymore.

Codex was a nice thought to satisfy some people that wanted it for team hunting, but the negatives far outweigh the positives for an MMO. Lets Make Entropia Exciting Again!! That will be by having an adventure that starts at an NPC.

Think you are missing the point. If every planet and every mob has the same boring codex reward. Please tell me the reason to do it? (There is none) If they remove every interesting mission in the game what is the incentive to keep playing? (Again there is none)

Most players play this game or any MMO for an adventure!! The Codex system is the most boring mission system ever implemented into an MMO and if you want to kill off this MMO then tada.... you did it MA. Sorry but the Codex is in the early stages at best and needs a complete rework on mission rewards. There needs to be actual thought put into the mission system not some boring pop up for every mob in game with the same boring predictable rewards.

Finding an NPC or mission and being the first to discover the rewards is an element that is exciting in an MMO. Unique mission rewards is the reason we travel to other planets. If every mob is the same there is no point anymore.

Codex was a nice thought to satisfy some people that wanted it for team hunting, but the negatives far outweigh the positives for an MMO. Lets Make Entropia Exciting Again!!

You got a point there, but i guess codex is mainly iron mission replacement to keep these balanced throughout the universe - there can still be other mission types which can have unique rewards on a case by case base.

Wow... 1.2 GB for Calypso, wasn't expecting that...

caly_update.jpg

thought this was a PP VU...?

yeah really surprised by the big calypso update? and see over 500mb for arkadia too.

Big ouch indeed such a shame.... real shame..... Fun missions will be missed across the Universe.

Wish I started this game a few years earlier so I could of enjoyed them all more. This will suck for new players.

ummm I think your perception of what new players will enjoy is skewed.. old system was retarded, long ass boring, far too solo and super confusing to even find the missions most of the time.

I welcome CODEX and the big red msg on screen to tell me when shit is broken whole heartedly!! :)

- Boss, some of our users are complaining that Medium Potted Cactus should not be glowing like that!
- Oh well, I don't know... let's just repack all the textures and hope it goes away.

lol calypso update sizes confirms it :D

ummm I think your perception of what new players will enjoy is skewed.. old system was retarded, long ass boring, far too solo and super confusing to even find the missions most of the time.

I welcome CODEX and the big red msg on screen to tell me when shit is broken whole heartedly!! :)

If a new player is stuck at 1 stamina then they are forever a noob and can't advance their Avatar. With less and less Attribute missions or Unique rewards how can you get progress exactly? The main reason you play this game is Avatar progression. That is the main focus of any MMORPG.

The long kill missions was rewarded with the ultimate prizes which were Attributes and on planets like Arkadia repeatable missions that were easier than the previous stages. Losing these repeatable missions that people worked hard to unlock sucks. It sucks more for new players that don't get to ever enjoy that accomplishment or those rewards. Again making this game even more boring....... Is Codex exciting? No...no it isn't.

Again there is always a takeaway... and the takeaway always sucks more than the benefit. Which is a tune that needs to change.

If a new player is stuck at 1 stamina then they are forever a noob and can't advance their Avatar. With less and less Attribute missions or Unique rewards how can you get progress exactly? The main reason you play this game is Avatar progression. That is the main focus of any MMORPG.

The long kill missions was rewarded with the ultimate prizes which were Attributes and on planets like Arkadia repeatable missions that were easier than the previous stages. Losing these repeatable missions that people worked hard to unlock sucks. It sucks more for new players that don't get to ever enjoy that accomplishment or those rewards.

Again there is always a takeaway... and the takeaway always sucks more than the benefit. Which is a tune that needs to change.

1. incase you didn't realize it takes 9stam for 1full hp... its really a useless stat other than the kewl factor!
2. the repeatable missions for stats the ubes are grinding only INCREASE the distance between them and new players making them feel MORE nubish!!

jus sayin

1. incase you didn't realize it takes 9stam for 1full hp... its really a useless stat other than the kewl factor!
2. the repeatable missions for stats the ubes are grinding only INCREASE the distance between them and new players making them feel MORE nubish!!

jus sayin

Completely disagree. I will continue to try and finish the old great missions and gain the better rewards before it's too late. Which is what truly will separate old and new Avatars. Every single point of any Attribute matters tremendously. It's one of the main focuses of Avatar progression and always will be.

No. not this year.
Next year.
At least, that's what the VU info says.

Why would you say luckily? What possible benefit is there to not have the codex?

Codex was a nice thought to satisfy some people that wanted it for team hunting, but the negatives far outweigh the positives for an MMO. Lets Make Entropia Exciting Again!! That will be by having an adventure that starts at an NPC.

I don't see the purpose of this post. Codex is coming to all planets. So may as well get it now so you can get double rewards while finishing off old missions before they are gone later this year.

soc chat got disabled again??

Why would you say luckily? What possible benefit is there to not have the codex?

The codex is a one size fits all crap solution.

here, read here the reason why:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...her-rewards-besides-skills-in-the-Codex/page4

Skills are meaningless since they can be bought. Highly skilled avatars can either mean they're extremely dedicated or just rich and having bought them all.
Attributes are a true measure of an entropian.
They're all EARNED!!
Either by natural improvement or by hunting for rewards. Either way, it takes commitment...unlike skills.

That's why I fancy attributes over skills ANY day!

Codex is good, for new players especially it lets them focus more on what mob has better markup rather than potentially being distracted by shiny mission rewards on shitty mobs. It also lets you take any direction you want with your avatar (focus on hp/evader/looter etc) as you go, saves trips to terminals etc etc. its what they should have added all those years ago.

And while i know some people like abomb are pretty obsessed with attributes most new players dont care about them at all, nor should they. They really arent important at all especially at lower levels (except hp but you can focus on that without attribute rewards) attributes only become a concern much later in your entropia career and i'm sure there will be some addition to attribute advancement added in the future.

People complain about the boring repeatable stage on codex but before that in your beloved iron mission system once you finished last stage you had literally nothing, you were just done getting rewards for hunting the mob. Ofc no reason they cant add something like every 2x repeatable completed choice of 25/33/50/100 attribute tokens and every 5x repeatable completed a cdf gun or something. But its a new system give it a little time to grow. Certainly does no harm in its current state.

Codex is good, for new players especially it lets them focus more on what mob has better markup rather than potentially being distracted by shiny mission rewards on shitty mobs.

The nice rewards on the shitty mobs made it worth for some to hunt those shitty mobs!
Now, why bother? It's all one size fits all.

It also lets you take any direction you want with your avatar (focus on hp/evader/looter etc) as you go, saves trips to terminals etc etc. its what they should have added all those years ago.

The irons with they special rewards also let you take any direction you wanted. But then you had to actually wrestle through mission stages.
It was hard, but hard is mostly more fun than stupid easy.

And while i know some people like abomb are pretty obsessed with attributes most new players dont care about them at all, nor should they. They really arent important at all especially at lower levels (except hp but you can focus on that without attribute rewards) attributes only become a concern much later in your entropia career and i'm sure there will be some addition to attribute advancement added in the future.

Skills mean dick shit.
People cant even get rid of them by giving them away fro free!
Also every dick with a big credit card can buy as much skills as he want.
Attributes are EARNED!!! That makes them special!

People complain about the boring repeatable stage on codex but before that in your beloved iron mission system once you finished last stage you had literally nothing, you were just done getting rewards for hunting the mob. Ofc no reason they cant add something like every 2x repeatable completed choice of 25/33/50/100 attribute tokens and every 5x repeatable completed a cdf gun or something. But its a new system give it a little time to grow. Certainly does no harm in its current state.

Codex is not even boring in repeat, it's boring from lvl 1!!!
All the same one size fits all bullshit.

No more information gathering to find which mobs you wanted to hunt for the reward you wanted to get.

It's all, just don't think just click since it doesn't matter anymore. It's all the same.
And that's just the direction entropia needs, to make the grind even more boring than it was.
And there I was thinking it couldn't become more boring.
But yeah, each time MA finds a way to make Entropia even more boring!
And all because they want every creature with 1 brain cell to be able to play.

Very nice indeed.

Maybe im just not understanding (i never really cared about missions anyway) for new players codex is absolutely better. For players like you idk, personally I dont see the difference between hunting 5000 kills on shitty mobs for 50ped of evade or w/e vs hunting any mob you want for evade or athletics or whatever else you want, you can now base the choice on which mob is fun or what loot you want etc. Its just more freedom to do what you want, the information gathering was simply open wiki and see what reward a mob has, then decide if you wanna lose a bunch of ped killing it for the skills? Why would you miss such a system if you truly enjoy hunting a low mu mob for skill reward you can still do it, but now you dont have to.

And you also say skills mean dick shit, so then who cares how they reward them? There was already no point to doing the irons for the skills as you say? It seems your main gripe is attributes which i think is fair but im sure they will add attribute tokens to the codex in the future which would make it a strictly better system imo. Not trying to just argue I am interested in another type of players view just from my perspective I dont see why people are upset other than to just be upset (similar with new camera system which once you get used to it is also much better than old, as is loot 2.0)

Well. A week or so ago, I discovered the whole Codex thingy. Ye I am slow and did not know. When I opened the dang thing, I was busy for quite a while selecting which rewards I wanted or needed. In fact. It helped me skill up mega fast to be able to use my new Tier 6 Songkra acid dagger. I cant complain.

People, dont be so hard on the Devs and all. Theyre having a hard time as it is. In fact theyre on it. We need to be patient with them, as they are with us.

Rock the boat here might just influence your returns in-world. Just dont, especially if you are a very active gamer. Dont go full-retard. I speak through experience. You want them to like you. Not dislike you. :yup:

I dont mean brown-nosing them and becomming rediculous, but stay sober and reasonable.

Back