Next Island - Ancient Greece 2020 preview.

Joat

Elite
Society
M.I.S
Next Island - Ancient Greece 2020 preview.

So, shares for ancient greece now?

(it's in the youtube page)

Rgds

Ace

Do we have any clarity on who is running Next Island now?

I don't think i have ever gone over to Next Island, i will for sure be checking this out! :)

Shares of Ancient Greece are available for purchase through the Entropia Share system.

OMG!

If this is for real, Please rename this game Sharetropia.. :banghead:

Love to see this! Breathing new life into NI.

When I see new content drops it makes me feel more comfortable depositing to the game again; and I think others may feel the same.

Is this what tomorrow's update is for? :tp:

WOW great job on that video!! I totally think I saw soul in there jus sayin hes like a big STAR now!

"...the first upgradable armor set within the Entropia Platform."

:scratch2:

"...the first upgradable armor set within the Entropia Platform."

:scratch2:

Yeah that's confusing to say the least, unless they mean upgradeable visually, to improve the look of it or something similar... Cause we have let's see: Adjusted Nemesis, Adjusted Vigilante, Jaguar, Boar, Modified Vigilante... Viceroy can be upgraded as well... There's quite a few of them already so this definitely wouldn't be the first 'upgradeable' armor set.

I wish Rocktropia get their own armor upgrade mission though, can't believe NI got one before them. I suggested it on their forum like 2 years ago...

or maybe its upgradeable like ships!?!? just keep dumping gold into it forever to make it stronger n stronger!

THATS the future! =p

Interesting to see that there is mention of buying next island shares in the description of the video... but no official word about it on the forum from MA?

I do like the look of the new mobs they are bringing to Next Island :)

This update looks exciting, I'm glad they are crating new content... faith in dev team restored a little bit.

Next Island will not be updating planet partner content with the March 3rd VU. Instead, all new Next Island content will be live within the Entropia Universe with the subsequent patch that will shortly follow.

Meanwhile over on Cyrene:
https://cyreneforum.com/threads/planet-cyrene-2020-map-update.8178/

https://cyreneforum.com/threads/planet-cyrene-march-3rd-2020-vu-notes.8182/
New Additions

- Map overhaul
-- While these changes haven't been drastic, they have been sweeping.
-- Several new islands have popped up and almost each individual land mass has been expanded upon.
-- We, of course, welcome any and all feedback about this map overhaul and encourage you to post it on our forums.
-- There are two new TPs to discover!

- New and Improved Wave Spawner @ Ice Plateau
-- The structure for the wave spawner has been changed in order to better keep the mobs inside of it.
-- The mobs in the wave spawner harkens back to a different time and will culminate into a "full circle".

- New Mining Area
-- In the northern part of the map a new landmass is available with bridges connecting the islands. These islands hold ONLY universal ore and enmatter, and should be the best to mine them on Cyrene.

- New Janus Foundation
-- While it is currently a bit sparse, the foremen and crew are hard at work getting ready to bring New Janus to life.
-- You can poke around and check on their progress, make sure everything is going smoothly.

- New Creature Spawn Area
-- In the Robot Base Z.R.Q. area, the Imperium have been hard at work establishing a new base of operations high in the mountains.
-- Almost every creature spawn was looked at and adjusted for the VU (as part of the map overhaul).

Information
- Planet Cyrene does not yet have access to the Codex yet to add Cyrene mobs, this will happen next year, more updates to come as we have them. That being said we plan to give Cyrene players ample time to know when the Codex will be implemented as well as the information that not all missions will be automatically added into the codex.

Changes
- Updated all NPCs with waypoints to give the correct waypoints (note: in some cases this may require waiting for an objective update).
- Replaced some tree and other vegetation models that need improvements/optimization.
- Implemented several player found bug fixes.
- Cleaned up misplaced models.
- Adjusted loot drops across several creatures.

Known Issues
- The Hub Arenas and Proving Grounds are currently not accepting entry tokens nor are they awarding tokens for kills. We are waiting for MindArk to fix this issue.
- We are currently waiting for information on several drops: Empty ESI, Imperium Officer XT, and a few others.
- The culmination for the chain mission for the Ryvox the Cypher is currently not implemented.
- Support weapons are not currently working properly, this is a platform issue.
- All Cyrene vehicles (P.I.G.V., Spear, Lancer, Dragonfly) have default sounds, this will be addressed in a future patch.
- Some Quality Ratings information in blueprint book: A.R.C. is incorrect, and this issue is still being looked into.
- A supplementary mission for Rank 5 of Brown Beetles to give proper mission rewards is not working correctly and will be fixed in a future VU.

Please give RNGesus some time to ensure all items reach their intended recipients and MindArk time to make sure that all missions are activated.

P.S. I know these patch notes are up early but I'm not able to put them up later so better early than late

--deleted--

Last edited:

Thanks for that information and best news I heard that codex won't be ruining Cyrene for at least a year. Sigh of relief that I can work on the awesome missions on that planet and finish them. Codex lacks adventure and interesting rewards for an MMO so it is very damaging to a planet like Cyrene. Well Codex is bad for any planet partner as your missions lose their Uniqueness. The reason I do missions on Cyrene is because of attributes. So unless they can give Codex unique rewards and attributes that you can be the first to discover what they are. Please don't put Codex on any other planet that has a far more adventurous mission system with better rewards.

I consider Caly codex the early stages of Alpha and we need the Devs to work on the reward system and add attributes for certain mobs. I also personally rather find missions and explore you know since that is the core reason to play an MMO. If there is no adventure and hidden missions with unique rewards to discover then that is a shame.

I hope missions are added besides codex for years to come to maintain the MMO feel where you get the mission from an NPC.

Yeah that's confusing to say the least, unless they mean upgradeable visually, to improve the look of it or something similar... .

Also not the first visually up gradable, because there have been (C) armours for quite a while which you could color and texture.

This game is boring as hell, with an economy struggling to support the base. Next Island content we have tried and got shafted on before...what exactly is the point to get re-excited? For those of use who spent countless hours in Greece, this is silly without more detail on why we would want to waste our time there, other than some mysterious armor upgrade to entice us in (there is already a million armor types in the game already stop adding more useless stuff). Not to mention that the secrecy around who actually owns NI now and what kinds of special access they have/had to that planet, and at what cost. This game is boring, and this doesn't help it.

or maybe its upgradeable like ships!?!? just keep dumping gold into it forever to make it stronger n stronger!

THATS the future! =p

This is actually an interesting idea. Dangerous for existing armors value but still interesting. What would be interesting is if you could add or upgrade any type of protection to the armor. So certain materials or mission to have an NPC increase any protection value even if it isn't on the armor.

Maybe a repeatable 5 protection of any specific type you want. Basically building a custom Uber Armor.

This game is boring as hell, with an economy struggling to support the base. Next Island content we have tried and got shafted on before...what exactly is the point to get re-excited? For those of use who spent countless hours in Greece, this is silly without more detail on why we would want to waste our time there, other than some mysterious armor upgrade to entice us in (there is already a million armor types in the game already stop adding more useless stuff). Not to mention that the secrecy around who actually owns NI now and what kinds of special access they have/had to that planet, and at what cost. This game is boring, and this doesn't help it.

All very good points and this game needs some love in making it an exciting MMO filled with adventure.

All very good points and this game needs some love in making it an exciting MMO filled with adventure.

yes indeed.
But this game doesnt need an "ancient greece"

How the hell does this fit into the sci fi them????
Running around in hoplite armour with primitive swords :scratch2:

Next Island content we have tried and got shafted on before...what exactly is the point to get re-excited?

I was on NI just a few weeks ago to see what it looked like again. I noted there was a newish newbie trail West of the old village, and I did a few new missions...
But yes, why should I get re-excited, or even buy shares? There needs to be FULL info for me to absorb to even get close to even thinking about getting excited. Hmmm....

Provide us with some answers, whoever is running the place - and maybe people will consider you over other planets looking for the 'adventurous' amongst us. The competition is several places (Cyrene, Ark Moon, Monria, ..that place in the top north-east .. ah Toulan, asteroids etc). What are your expectations ...?

Secret suggestion - put a special spawner in the centre of the maze on AG for the occasional nice surprise. I got fruit once exactly in the centre and wondered if it was deliberate... is years ago now, literally YEARS!

is Greece still a biz U shape map with a wall in the middle so you cannot swim from one side to the other... all those damn mountains are a pain in the ass to travel unless they've changed it.

yes indeed.
But this game doesnt need an "ancient greece"

How the hell does this fit into the sci fi them????
Running around in hoplite armour with primitive swords :scratch2:

If the game had a Sci fi theme all over doubt that I would play it. Which is why I usually am on other planets. Why I use melee because I feel that I should be using an Epic Sword or melee weapon to destroy my enemy. When I don't use a melee weapons I prefer MF since it's the closest I can get to spells and magic. I rather see awesome dragons, castles and monuments. It is supposed to be and adventure first and foremost regardless of theme. Having planets with their own unique adventure is what will attract players there.

There are a lot of planets that don't embrace Sci Fi and honestly they feel better.

Ancient greece type theme is more fitting for me just wish NI wasn't so far away. I also would love if they introduced shields because I love playing a Tank in MMO's or some type of warrior barbarian.

Guns bore me..... I pew pew from time to time just to get skills and more HP but much rather engage in real combat like a legendary warrior. You know like my picture on the forums.

This game should have a theme for everyone, but as many said it need a lot more development to be exciting again. They need to scrap the codex and make it an adventure.

The reason I still play this game is the time invested into building up my Avatar. I play other MMO's as they have interesting stories and adventure and only hope Entropia can do better in the future.

Last edited:
This game should have a theme for everyone, but as many said it need a lot more development to be exciting again. They need to scrap the codex and make it an adventure.

Theme: The game is a sci-fi game, but the planets we've landed on have inhabitants who use swords and build castles (lot of castles on Caly). Then we had a robot invasion on Caly, but obviously the didn't bother to visit all planets (a bit weird really to have bots on all planets). As long as I get to equip sci-fi looking gear and fly a Quad/Sleip, use robot beacons etc, I feel any theme can be built into planets without the game losing it's sci-fi core.

Codex: It's a lot better mission structure than before. What is needed is diversifying rewards! Not only for the different Levels of the Codex, but obviously also unique Codex rewards for each mob. Some could even be part of epic story hains (e.g. you need Codex L14 from Drone, L17 from Warrior, L12 from Trooper to unlock next chain Level. It could og on an on. That way players need to kill a lot of different mobs, visit new Places, not feeling too grindy, and unlock New Clues to a big story). Possibilites are endless, really. MA just needs someone with a brain and ability to read the forum to make it great.

This is actually an interesting idea. Dangerous for existing armors value but still interesting. What would be interesting is if you could add or upgrade any type of protection to the armor. So certain materials or mission to have an NPC increase any protection value even if it isn't on the armor.

Maybe a repeatable 5 protection of any specific type you want. Basically building a custom Uber Armor.

Selectable upgrading would indeed be new, but a big threat for other armours, indeed. Still, evolution and all that...
Maybe it is planned in for when armours have skill requirements as well - as you grow in skill your armour can grow with you! ..... We can dream, I guess... Now, who knows what this armour really is?

I would love a Cowboy-Asian fusion themed planet a la the show/movie "Firefly Serenity"

Why not? We have a Rock-N-Roll/Hollywood planet, Ancient Greece, an Arabic planet and a Horror moon.

If the game had a Sci fi theme all over doubt that I would play it. Which is why I usually am on other planets. Why I use melee because I feel that I should be using an Epic Sword or melee weapon to destroy my enemy. When I don't use a melee weapons I prefer MF since it's the closest I can get to spells and magic. I rather see awesome dragons, castles and monuments. It is supposed to be and adventure first and foremost regardless of theme. Having planets with their own unique adventure is what will attract players there.

There are a lot of planets that don't embrace Sci Fi and honestly they feel better.

Ancient greece type theme is more fitting for me just wish NI wasn't so far away. I also would love if they introduced shields because I love playing a Tank in MMO's or some type of warrior barbarian.

Guns bore me..... I pew pew from time to time just to get skills and more HP but much rather engage in real combat like a legendary warrior. You know like my picture on the forums.

The reason I still play this game is the time invested into building up my Avatar. I play other MMO's as they have interesting stories and adventure and only hope Entropia can do better in the future.

“Entropia Universe – the Sci-Fi MMORPG, Multi-World, Real Cash Economy Experience”
source: https://www.entropiauniverse.com/

Do I need to say more??

Back