Next Island - Ancient Greece 2020 preview.

Shares of Ancient Greece are available for purchase through the Entropia Share system.

Reminds me of:

Dionysus: Sooooo… how do I get to the other side of that lake?
Heracles: On a tiny boat, by a very old sailor. He’ll take a two-obol fare. Same as the fare to the theatre.
Dionysus: Well, will you look at that! The power of two obols hey? Everywhere you go: two obols please, two obols please. But how did they get down there?
Heracles: Theseus took them down there with him.
(Aristophanes, Frogs, 405 BC)​

“Entropia Universe – the Sci-Fi MMORPG, Multi-World, Real Cash Economy Experience”
source: https://www.entropiauniverse.com/

Do I need to say more??

This changes nothing that I said. If I owned a planet it wouldn't be a Sci fi theme and no PP needs to have that theme. Which is why they do their own thing and I enjoy planets like Toulan, RT etc... If I had a planet there would be more emphasis on some ancient lore and creatures that benefits mystical times. Where magic and swords are required. I would also look to implement mounts where you could have pets that you ride. I want to ride a Dragon or a Merp into battle with my sword out ready to attack!!

PS- Still want shields so I can play a Sword and Board style melee, I also want Force Barrier chips so I can put up protective bubbles that last 30 seconds. MF can offer so many other options to give more of a spell feeling to it.

Again this game has endless possibilities and trying to stay with one theme would eliminate PP's from building something unique. Like I said the Sci fi theme really isn't for some players and fortunately that isn't really required. So bring on Ancient greece it probably will be cool just wish you could teleport there from Caly.

This changes nothing that I said. If I owned a planet it wouldn't be a Sci fi theme and no PP needs to have that theme. Which is why they do their own thing and I enjoy planets like Toulan, RT etc... If I had a planet there would be more emphasis on some ancient lore and creatures that benefits mystical times. Where magic and swords are required. I would also look to implement mounts where you could have pets that you ride. I want to ride a Dragon or a Merp into battle with my sword out ready to attack!!

PS- Still want shields so I can play a Sword and Board style melee, I also want Force Barrier chips so I can put up protective bubbles that last 30 seconds. MF can offer so many other options to give more of a spell feeling to it.

Again this game has endless possibilities and trying to stay with one theme would eliminate PP's from building something unique. Like I said the Sci fi theme really isn't for some players.

sure, it doesnt change what you "want".

But the STATED FACT is that entropia is a sci-fi setting.

You also don't introduce jet fighters into the Eldar Scrolls just to make an example. That would be totally ridiculous.
You might like it, but it just doesnt make sense.

You also don't introduce jet fighters into the Eldar Scrolls just to make an example. That would be totally ridiculous.

Dude its time travel. There now it makes sense :laugh:

“Entropia Universe – the Sci-Fi MMORPG, Multi-World, Real Cash Economy Experience”
source: https://www.entropiauniverse.com/

Do I need to say more??

So my understanding is that the OG game was supposed to be sci-fi survival - colonizing a distant planet and fighting off the dangers there.

Can you explain how things like viking swords, castles, shopping malls, skyrise apartments, prom dresses, etc etc fit into that theme (those are all Caly things, not from another planet AFAIK)?

I mean if you need to suspend disbelief, just pretend NI is a VR simulation that colonists use to relax. ;)

It isn't about what I want, you are ignoring what already exist. This game has gone away from only a Sci fi theme a long time ago. This game doesn't have to implement Sci fi features and no planet partner has to go by those rules. They haven't in the past and won't in the future. So this remains the same.

Ancient greece has been in the game for ages. RT isn't a Sci fi planet, Toulan isn't a Sci fi planet, Secret Island isn't a Sci fi planet, NI isn't a Sci fi planet etc... So I am not sure what point you are trying to make. If a planet wants to have an Ancient times theme then I say awesome!! Lets do it because it feels like you are playing a totally different game when you visit these planets. Again making it very interesting. It provides something for everyone and keeps players interest instead of one boring theme since this game is already incredibly boring.

So my understanding is that the OG game was supposed to be sci-fi survival - colonizing a distant planet and fighting off the dangers there.

Can you explain how things like viking swords, castles, shopping malls, skyrise apartments, prom dresses, etc etc fit into that theme (those are all Caly things, not from another planet AFAIK)?

I mean if you need to suspend disbelief, just pretend NI is a VR simulation that colonists use to relax. ;)

Bingo lol.... I mean this game isn't only a Sci fi game that is a ridiculous statement. It hasn't been for many years. Heck at one point didn't they have planet Michael Jackson in the works. Literally any planet idea is possible. You can make any type of personal instance or dungeon you want. This is Entropia which is a Universe of vast ideas and themes now and for the future.

You can wear a Prom dress while fighting a Dragon with a sword while also feeding a bunny rabbit as a pet. Ohh but this is a Sci fi game lol..... No it really isn't, it is a real cash economy where any idea and theme is possible. Just need the money to create it. Entropia is a blank canvas and if I get a planet one day. It will be as I said.

Last edited:
It isn't about what I want, you are ignoring what already exist. This game has gone away from only a Sci fi theme a long time ago. This game doesn't have to implement Sci fi features and no planet partner has to go by those rules. They haven't in the past and won't in the future. So this remains the same.

Ancient greece has been in the game for ages. RT isn't a Sci fi planet, Toulan isn't a Sci fi planet, Secret Island isn't a Sci fi planet, NI isn't a Sci fi planet etc... So I am not sure what point you are trying to make. If a planet wants to have an Ancient times theme then I say awesome!! Lets do it because it feels like you are playing a totally different game when you visit these planets. Again making it very interesting. It provides something for everyone and keeps players interest instead of one boring theme since this game is already incredibly boring.

My only point is that Entropia is: “Entropia Universe – the Sci-Fi MMORPG, Multi-World, Real Cash Economy Experience”

That's all.

And yeah, Neverdie started fucking over that theme with RT.
And those other bullshit planets like NI and Toulan that followed after.

But, this problem can easily be solved.

Just let MA change the text on their homepage to “Entropia Universe – MMORPG, Multi-World, MULTI ERA, Real Cash Economy Experience”

And then just launch every ridiculous planet you want!

My only point is that Entropia is: “Entropia Universe – the Sci-Fi MMORPG, Multi-World, Real Cash Economy Experience”

That's all.

And yeah, Neverdie started fucking over that theme with RT.
And those other bullshit planets like NI and Toulan that followed after.

But, this problem can easily be solved.

Just let MA change the text on their homepage to “Entropia Universe – MMORPG, Multi-World, MULTI ERA, Real Cash Economy Experience”

And then just launch every ridiculous planet you want!

You are cracking me up. The most beautiful planet in this game is Toulan, my favorite planet is RT. Again you don't have to go to these planets :eyecrazy: Just let the players that love them, enjoy them:scratch2:

MA misadvertises this game is your only valid point you are making. This game is in fact what you just said. It is a Multi-World, Multi ERA RCE. Which is a good thing.

I look forward to Ancient Greece. If you don't.... then don't go. It's simple I know. I welcome these ancient concepts and themes because they will be really fun for people that enjoy those things. These planets and themes aren't ridiculous but instead are welcomed by players.

I want to fight that Medusa boss on NI with my sword!

Last edited:
I look forward to Ancient Greece. If you don't.... then don't go. It's simple I know. I welcome these ancient concepts and themes because they will be really fun for people that enjoy those things. These planets and themes aren't ridiculous but instead are welcomed by players.
Wasn't aimed at me, but I showed very little enthusiasm in another post earlier. I'd like to change that a bit into focussing on NI please giving us a large amount of proper info about the plans etc., making a distinctive break from the "low-level of communication but still wanting us to buy deeds/shares" approach.

I am happy you are looking forward to having fun in Ancient Greece!

You are cracking me up. The most beautiful planet in this game is Toulan, my favorite planet is RT. Again you don't have to go to these planets :eyecrazy: Just let the players that love them, enjoy them:scratch2:

MA misadvertises this game is your only valid point you are making. This game is in fact what you just said. It is a Multi-World, Multi ERA RCE. Which is a good thing.

I want to fight that Medusa boss on NI with my sword!

Dude, I couldnt care less what planets they have.
Hell, let them make a nudist planet, no clothes allowed. Or a frog planet we're all mobs, plants and houses look like frogs. I don't fucking care.

As you correctly stated, all I said was that Entropia is (or used to be) a sci-fi game and not a medieval sword wielding game.
Im not saying sci-fi is better or nicer than a medieval setting.
I just stated that the title doesnt justify the game anymore.

@wizz

I think you are super confused about what you are arguing about........

Science fiction (sometimes called sci-fi or just SF) is a genre of speculative fiction that typically deals with imaginative and futuristic concepts such as advanced science and technology, space exploration, time travel, parallel universes, and extraterrestrial life. It has been called the "literature of ideas", and often explores the potential consequences of scientific, social, and technological innovations.[1][2]

Science fiction, whose roots go back to ancient times, is related to fantasy, horror, and superhero fiction, and contains many subgenres.

• time travel
  • parallel universes
  • ancient times
  • fantasy
  • horror
  • superhero
  • many subgenres.......

these are all as much a part of sci-fi as
  • advanced science
  • technology
  • space exploration
  • extraterrestrial life

Entropia Universe is Sci-fi, it seems what you want is more an isolated subenre of 'space opera'.

@wizz

I think you are super confused about what you are arguing about........

• time travel
  • parallel universes
  • ancient times
  • fantasy
  • horror
  • superhero
  • many subgenres.......

these are all as much a part of sci-fi as
  • advanced science
  • technology
  • space exploration
  • extraterrestrial life

Entropia Universe is Sci-fi, it seems what you want is more an isolated subenre of 'space opera'.

Ok, cool, thanks for clearing that up! :wtg:

Now, can I have my nudist planet please?

Back