Planet Calypso Content Release 2020.0.2

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
!2020-03-03
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

New Features
  • New missions are ready to be discovered on Eudoria

Changes
  • Several plants and trees have received a graphical update
  • Adjusted cave light settings on Monria

Fixed Issues
  • Fixed an issue with the mission “Pest Eradication” which rendered the mission impossible to complete if you cancelled the initial dialogue with “Jimmy”.
  • Fixed an issue where the particle effect played when a Spider Bomber attacks would loop forever
  • Fixed a general grass shading issue

Originally Posted Here

So basically nothing ...

Interesting what MA see as number 1 priority, trees and grass, hmmmm

Not how it works. When running a game you have a shitload of projects at the same time,
and you do some work on each when there is time for it.
So just because a small one is finished doesn't mean they aren't working on other, more important.
Quite often it isn't same person doing technical and graphical development.

Remember that MA's team is also responsible for global platform changes, listed here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?314571-Entropia-Universe-17-1-Release-Notes

It seems the development focus as largely been around crafting this VU, which seems like a good thing considering how many people have been asking for crafting to get some love.

As Joat said, artists and developers are not the same people, they work on different projects.

that is some weak content/ bug fixes
:zzz:

yes you can be looted by a bastards pirats and loose all the colection of BP (UNL) you did many years to do in 1 min in space !

yes you can be looted by a bastards pirats and loose all the colection of BP (UNL) you did many years to do in 1 min in space !

thank you MA ! you are still the Best for Big VU and updates !

So what are these new missions then?

Bit of a vague description there.

Why can't they just add Chirin Dragon, Eudorian Devil and some other tameable mobs to the codex, since many mobs that are tameable are already in there -,- While at it, why not include miners in the Codex.

haha! thats GB's of trees. ewoks gonna be a thing. how to make a happy camper? let her kill ewoks all day, day after day. woohooo

Several plants and trees have received a graphical update

newtrees_985309.jpg

Futuristic and cool looking!

I actually do like these. :yup:

And I do think, trees needed to be reworked, for a long time now.
Unfortunately there is so much other stuff to correct, besides.

newtrees_985309.jpg

Futuristic and cool looking!

I actually do like these. :yup:

And I do think, trees needed to be reworked, for a long time now.
Unfortunately there is so much other stuff to correct, besides.

I flew over some of these trees a few days ago. I just thought they were graphics that hadn't rendered properly:scratch2:

I think its to do with a new "religion"
At Fort Medusa, there is new NPC Novice Alanis from Chikara
It is a movement/following that researches Mindforce & Biology & practices Self Control & Diplomacy.

Good heavens, Self Control & Diplomacy are my greatest strengths & I am into Mindforce & also Biology (I chop down trees)
I think I am a natural for this movement \o/

Novice Alanis does not seem to know anything useful - but I will bet there are other members inserted in weird & wonderful places - its just a matter of finding them & seeing what they have 2 say

I like the new trees too. Very alien looking, as in living(?) thingses that don't grow according to Earth rules. And they look so fun to climb! :thumbup:

Back