Entropia Universe 17.1 Release Notes

And the tiering problem got a miss?

Oh well. Extended break till next VU

Bp's lootable ??? WHY ? Guys tell your soc chats and friend's before someone lost alot of ped:eyecrazy:

I don't understand why on Erath (or Calypso) would you want to make BPs lootable. This looks like it's aimed at restricting crafter movement between planets, wether it was intended or not.

Release notes should be updated soon, but just to give some additional/updated information:

Please be aware that this also means these blueprints are now also lootable in lootable PvP, such as space.

This feature is not included in this VU, but was accidentally included in the notes. It will be added in an upcoming release.

The reason for this change is that the Robot Data Fragments are being moved to the mining system, also in an upcoming release.

Amazing and good news!
Next step in the right direction is to stack the (L) amps, HINT HINT! :eyecrazy:

For a crafter, making L BPs lootable is same as making L rifles lootable - this is insane.

Except it's worse, some L prints are worth thousands.

Amazing and good news!
Next step in the right direction is to stack the (L) amps, HINT HINT! :eyecrazy:

...and thus making them lootable.

A real right step indeed...not.

Are the BPs still lootable in a book or just loose?

(stackable bps lootable) - i am presuming MA made a mistake on none L.

Is it possible this was a request from planet partners? Trying to make their planet more isolated from calypso?

Just throwing ideas out there....

Rgds

Ace

Imagine if you got a 100 click mamba BP looted? Nah, nobody could ever get their hands on a bp that valuable :rolleyes:

I have a quad bp 50ish clicks somewhere hidden in all my containers.. flying from next island to caly tonight.

Let's make space great again :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So you finally give crafting some love, but make it even worse?! Why would this be a thing? Lootable blueprints?!?!

I'd 100% rather have nonstackable non lootable!!

I don't understand why on Erath (or Calypso) would you want to make BPs lootable. This looks like it's aimed at restricting crafter movement between planets, wether it was intended or not.

For a crafter, making L BPs lootable is same as making L rifles lootable - this is insane.

Except it's worse, some L prints are worth thousands.

So true... ;/

Lootable bps?! WTF, MA!

Are you saying that someone who flies with all their bp books without reading this and gets looted will lose ALL!!! their bps?
Talk about rage quitting - for some people this would be meltdown!

AND - you dangle the thing about shrap in crafting returns at SOME TIME in the future?! I don't care if it's a mistake or not...
PLEASE now tell us what you have in mind. Is it so that shrap can now be used as a residue for filling the tt on (L) crafts?

Edit: and I'm getting can't execute messages (twice now in a few 100 clicks) on crafting that are stopping my runs.
You really aren't encouraging me to think positively today, MA! Can I put it any more gently than that?!

Last edited:
All these changes in crafting, are those small steps towards this?

Crafting, Resources and Economy
MindArk is working on restructuring and streamlining the item situation in Entropia Universe. This involves many changes to the crafting system and loot distribution, with the goal of reducing the number of components, resources and similar items in the universe, to ensure that the majority of items have a place within the economy.

The balance between looted and crafted items, along with items from other sources such as events, competitions, strongboxes, etc., will be improved to strike a better balance.

New blueprints will use existing components and resources as much as possible to sustain a thriving and interdependent economy between crafting, mining and hunting.

MindArk is working on restructuring and streamlining the item situation in Entropia Universe. This involves many changes to the crafting system and loot distribution, with the goal of reducing the number of components, resources and similar items in the universe, ...[/I]

This fits the new direction perfectly well.

MindArk is working on reconstructing and streamlining the entire game. Making it so basic and simple that even your 5 year old daughter can now play the game.

So, missions haven been killed and turned into a one size fits all codex.
Game play has been simplified.
Next up is that all mobs will loot the same loot.
All crafting will use just 1 component.

all to make it accessible to the wide public.

RIP entropia.

I have a question MA and maybe Ludvig can answer this. Why doesn't MA ever see if the changes they want to impose are actually acceptable with the community?

Camera change that no one asked for - Eventually MA had to change it so ppl could play again
Codex that eliminated great missions- MA had push back it's full release so players can work on their missions
BP's lootable - Why would you do this without asking?

Sorry to inform you MA but this isn't solely your game. It's the players that deposit game and you should be asking the investors and players if your plans are okay before the VU launches. This is where there needs to be communication so there isn't an uproar in the community every time a VU drops.

This is an easy communication issue to fix where MA should be asking the community if their future plans are actually wanted. A lot of times they aren't.

Changes

[*]Limited blueprints can now be stacked (and are therefore lootable in PvP).

Translation:

We again outsourced testing to the local kindergarden. As a consequence this obvious bug went undetected.

Since you've been telling us for years that you don't like when that happens we want to demonstrate that we listen.

So we decided to declare this a feature & make everyone happy.

Next to come: Mining probes, ammo, enhancers, nanocubes will become lootable as well for consistency reasons.

all to make it accessible to the wide public.

Or easier to sell to a new developer, (i.e less ingame to fix and easier to create new systems from
scratch) if the would be interested to do so. ;)

I have a question MA and maybe Ludvig can answer this. Why doesn't MA ever see if the changes they want to impose are actually acceptable with the community?

Camera change that no one asked for - Eventually MA had to change it so ppl could play again
Codex that eliminated great missions- MA had push back it's full release so players can work on their missions

Sorry to inform you MA but this isn't your game. It's the players that deposit game and you should be asking the investors and players if your plans are okay before the VU launches. This is where there needs to be communication so there isn't an uproar in the community every time a VU drops.

This is an easy communication issue to fix where MA should be asking the community if their future plans are actually wanted.

Diversion tactics.

They keep implementing new stuff (with numerous new bugs) to distract from the huge list of open points that still are not fixed.
Or to distract from all the broken promises of stuff they would implement but never did.

So they keep flushing us with new garbage we never asked for.

:thumbup:

Sorry to inform you MA but this isn't solely your game. It's the players that deposit game and you should be asking the investors and players if your plans are okay before the VU launches. This is where there needs to be communication so there isn't an uproar in the community every time a VU drops.

This is an easy communication issue to fix where MA should be asking the community if their future plans are actually wanted. A lot of times they aren't.

To be fair they never have, so i doubt they will ever start, probably claiming someone could 'take advantage' of any new system if they new in advance.

Rgds

Ace

after thinking about it some more I think the lootable bp's was a good idea for the pp's and the people that actually live on the other planets.. Why should randoms be able to just quad over every VU and farm the new bp's over the people that actually live there and support the economy.. You wanna farm bp's shud have to pay the price n fly safely!

trying hard not to be biased here haha

To be fair they never have, so i doubt they will ever start, probably claiming someone could 'take advantage' of any new system if they new in advance.

Rgds

Ace

They need to start especially when it's about gameplay! Overall gameplay is a community issues that should be openly discussed so MA's bad ideas can be thrown out before they even work on them. Instead they release their bad ideas and then need to spend resources to reverse them.

Reactions: jak
possible fix:
We will revert bp stacking in a hotfix while we look into different methods of re- implementing this in a future update (it's never coming back).

Funny but realistic.

after thinking about it some more I think the lootable bp's was a good idea for the pp's and the people that actually live on the other planets.. Why should randoms be able to just quad over every VU and farm the new bp's over the people that actually live there and support the economy.. You wanna farm bp's shud have to pay the price n fly safely!

Not a bad point.

I think that the most obvious reason behind the "decision" is simply that all stackables are lootable by default (as indicated by the text that literally states "all stackables are lootable" when you enter PvP). They probably did not have time to create exceptions for BPs and BP books and fully test it before release.

UL Bps

Why do UL bps have the lootable warning ? anyone tested if they also lootable ? :confused::confused:

Holy Crab !!! Now the UL printies are lootable and their mu is displayed as %.

In for a pound, what about to combine UL prints to increase their quality rating :tongue2:

Holy Crab !!! Now the UL printies are lootable and their mu is displayed as %.

In for a pound, what about to combine UL prints to increase their quality rating :tongue2:

Have you confirmed that is in fact the case or just assuming based on text?

Letum Mr Latro lost all his BPs now.
Limited and Unlimited.

RIP

Blueprints should NOT be lootable ... :(

Back