Shrapnel in near successes????

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
From the VU notes, shrapnel is going to be included, in a future update, as part of near successes in crafting.

This feature is not included in this VU, but was accidentally included in the notes. It will be added in an upcoming release.

I am wondering, why would they do this?

If it is substantial, then residue will increase markedly, increaseing the cost and therfore price of crafted limited items, e.g. the armatrix series.

I cannot fathom why MA are doing this. Is this because of explosive manufacturing? (this is the only reason crafted stuff is a cheap as it is, mess with that crafting is going to be become even more obsolete than it already is)

I cannot think why else they would do this.

Ideas?

Rdgs

Ace

I liked the changes they announced at first, but the shrap thing is weird, essentially if it's going to replace metal/energy residue we're gonna have 101 MU instead of ~102. Then the price of reside will go up a bit, which is going to affect a significant part of the economy.

But the most disturbing thing is that BPs are lootable now. It wasn't announced at first, when I saw this, I was like WTH?? I can't travel safely with my blueprints anymore, why would they want to do that?

And what's next, they're gonna make the sweat gathering tool lootable as well?

Yeah very strange unless they make shrapnel work as residue too. Only thing I can think of..

Yeah very strange unless they make shrapnel work as residue too. Only thing I can think of..

That’s my bet too. Shrapnel doesn’t have abroad use in crafting, so there would need to be some sort of inlet back into the profession too. If you deposit, you can’t use unlimited ammo for crafting. If MA is planning to make shrap/UA a sort of universal residue somehow, I think that would be a good path for crafting for what I craft at least. If something like this isn’t included in the change, then I’d be concerned where all that shrap would go.

This would make sense from MA’s end too if they want to encourage more crafting. A crafter may not be as likely to deposit as a hunter or miner because they’d have to cycle their UA elsewhere first.

Maybe they are getting rid of residue and going to let shrapnel be used in it's place. Fantastic move if that is the case as it would fix the markup of "residue" to be as low as possible.

Maybe they are getting rid of residue and going to let shrapnel be used in it's place. Fantastic move if that is the case as it would fix the markup of "residue" to be as low as possible.

I hope this is the case!!!

Rgds

Ace

To not be able to buy ammo or probes from tt machine but to have to buy schrapnel from players. Just a theory :scratch2: Also use schrapnel to repair items instead of repair terminal ?

I bloodywell hope so. I do Expl crafting purposefully for the res to use in making Mining amps and other items.

If this screws up crafting, I will completelly stop crafting and start selling off all my BPs.

I have also received messages that BPs are now lootable in Space. Do NOT travel with BPs.

uhmmm....didnt you leave already?
:tongue2:

"Forcing" crafters to hunt too :rolleyes:

I am hoping they make shrapnel (in it's pure form) into residue. Means shrapnel will have more value.

I would imagine this is the case since you can CRAFT large forms of shrapnel.

Back