Ancient Greece Shares

So that's a valuation of $1.5m for just one part of a planet that nobody goes to, which doesn't have a proper website or forum, which never puts out release notes, and where nobody seems very clear about who is actually developing it.

Um, no thanks.

So that's a valuation of $1.5m for just one part of a planet that nobody goes to, which doesn't have a proper website or forum, which never puts out release notes, and where nobody seems very clear about who is actually developing it.

Um, no thanks.

They do have a website, nextisland.com, and it has a forum, with very little activity.

But it does seem overvalued.

I do agree the evaluation is pretty ridiculous and that's with only 50% revenue. As someone pointed out has the whole planet NI even made half of that amount in all its existence? All the funds will be used to support NI and not further development of ancient Greece which doesn't sound good. So it looks like Greece will get half done and then we pay for all NI updates outside Greece from money raised with deeds. As another pointed out to get the space missions going and revitalized as many want sadly the only way it might get done in the foreseeable future is through deeds. I like deeds overall but we don't need deeds for every piece of content added to game and look at ark moon deeds. I'd be very surprised if these sell any faster then they did. I'll buy 1 just to track payouts like the rest.

Heads up: apparently someone from the NI team showed up at AG to tell people that armours are not dropping yet, so don't expect them to.
That IS a good move to warn people that winning tickets are not even IN the loot lottery yet, but this should be announced properly on forums etc too. Maybe it has been, but I've not seen it in this thread so far.

Edit: John, my impression is that the new AG system has already been developed, at least what the NI team have to do. What may not have been done is anything that MA needs to do (like develop land plots properly). Possibly NI has to pay towards that, yes, but that whole area seems to be very foggy. However, we have already been lost in the fog over at Arkadia, I believe, where plots were event prizes quite a long time ago, but couldn't be handed out apparently.
And if MA actually owns NI now, then I have zero idea if that is better or worse for (speedy) development than someone else owning it. MA don't seem to move fast for anybody, not even (or especially) themselves....

Last edited:
.............wonder if they try to sell us space shares, before they even start development up there. and 10 million $ maybe, as space is pretty huge! :laugh:

I have seen so much under these blue skies of Entropia over the many years I've been here....
Every disbelief in EU is well founded - their history and broken promises says volumes.....

............................ CAVEAT EMPTOR.............................:)

:yay::laugh::wtg::lolup::beerchug:

Last edited:
They do have a website, nextisland.com, and it has a forum, with very little activity.

Yes, but I said "proper website", by which I meant one with some kind of content or usefulness.

Anyone trying to judge how much effort NI will put into maximising income for their shareholders would do well to think about how much effort they've put into their promotional activity up to now.

..........and in other news, MindArk set to re-launch DeepToken......... :scared:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

still lack of communication no surprise :lolup:

Next Island had potential but was cursed due to being so far from Caly. This simple fact is a huge reason players don't visit.

Some info seems missing.

Who is the current Next Island planet partner?
When are shares being released for sale?

Just little things like that, could help people make decisions on investments. :p

I am a bit sorry for this, but I saw the following title on a well used video platform and immediately thought: what?! Ancient Greece has been on the show Shark Tank Australia? It's a show where people with a business needing 'investment' try and persuade the 'sharks' to invest. The show format is in other countries too. Anyway, the title was:

"You DON'T Spend $450,000 To Have 5 People 'Maybe' Using It!" | Shark Tank

Not actually watched the clip and what the company was actually offering... not sure i can take the irony tbh...
And yes, I know 'our' figure is higher than that.... but it fits in with the 'Hold my beer..' mentality :laugh:

still lack of communication no surprise :lolup:

Next Island had potential but was cursed due to being so far from Caly. This simple fact is a huge reason players don't visit.

Its this manner of thinking that keeps everyone suckling mommas tits on caly! Time to grow up n leave the nest! =p

Caly = thule2

Last edited by a moderator:
When will these be available?

:offtopic:
starting to sense entropia has more employees than players. :scratch2:

The emperors new wardrobe being sold again ? :laugh:

Love the idea but the lack of transparency about who actually works on development is a concern.

Love the idea but the lack of transparency about who actually works on development is a concern.

Maybe theyre just hiding from all your pm's hahaha

**correction**
not yurs specifically but ours in general.. maybe theyre thinkin hmm if no one knows who we are we can develop secretly in peace =p

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify, MindArk are not the ones developing Next Island.

Thank you for clarifying. +rep. :)

Ludvig, are you able to tell us who the developing team consists of?

And who exactly is ?

750 000 USD for a pice of virtual land with no track of customers is an insult to the intelligence of your playerbase.
This is way to high , it is ridiculous and delusional to assess that cloud temple project is worth more than next island ever made since it exist! I can't help but seeing just another money grab, a chance for the developer of next island to gamble on the cost of someone elses pockets.

Is that the future of entropia universe ? Small pices being sold for hillariously high prices ? I wouln't say anything if this place were up and running for a year and could provide data about revenue and how many players they bought in but its ZERO

I wouln't say anything if that were FOMA or treasure island, but its some place on the ass of entropia universe with no players! 750K USD !! what a JOKE

750 000 USD for a pice of virtual land with no track of customers is an insult to the intelligence of your playerbase.

So a coder probably makes $75,000 year including fringe benefits. So you're talking about paying 10 coders for a year.

That's not very much money at all when you consider you have to pay people to do work.

There's a fee ?!?! for buying shares now?

I was going to buy a few to keep track of revenue, but with fees, well, maybe next time, good luck, you'll need it.

So a coder probably makes $75,000 year including fringe benefits. So you're talking about paying 10 coders for a year.

That's not very much money at all when you consider you have to pay people to do work.

If it took them 10 coders and 1 year to do AG, then they have some serious work performance issues

There's a fee ?!?! for buying shares now?

I was going to buy a few to keep track of revenue, but with fees, well, maybe next time, good luck, you'll need it.

Always was on the exchange.

Fees stop the day traders which can destabilize the price. Same for the auction house (even though I think AH prices are too much).

“Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And hain't that a big enough majority in any town?”
― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

MA isn't done searching for fools in their Ark Moon hat, and yet NI tries to pull even more fools out of the same hat. :laugh:

Go figure what's going on in these devs' heads.

“Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And hain't that a big enough majority in any town?”
― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

MA isn't done searching for fools in their Ark Moon hat, and yet NI tries to pull even more fools out of the same hat. :laugh:

Go figure what's going on in these devs' heads.

Ark moon payouts are growing with introduction of mech spawns.

This is just an IPO of sorts. Buy it or don't. They have told you where they are going with AG and as such it isn't based on historical analysis of payouts.

There will be more of these deeds. 8coins, Treasure Island, etc. are all targets.

Star Citizen has over 400 staff and the game is still in 'alpha' state after 5 yrs (???) of development.

Everquest and Everquest 2 has over 40 staff members combined and they put out 1 big update per year for each title.

I think game development takes more labor and time than you think.

You are comparing designing game from scratch and creating a content within an established engine using established toolkit.

In either case, we don't pay for the effort, we pay for the potential ROI.

You are more than welcome to support them with your money if you feel the price tag is fair:) I personally think it is ridiculous and pure money grab.

Always was on the exchange.

Fees stop the day traders which can destabilize the price. Same for the auction house (even though I think AH prices are too much).

Nope - wasn't always. There was no buying fee to start with, even when trading started, just a selling fee.
However, these days there seem to be 'discrepencies' between text and reality at every turn.

The confirm window is suggesting there is now a flat fee of .25 peds per share. Can anyone confirm that is actually the amount taken from pedcards - a straight 10.25 per share, no volume discounts?

More general comment: my perception is that the 750k is for 50% of revenue, compared to, say CP, which was, I believe, 500k shares for 95% of revenue? Pls correct me if I'm wrong!
While we had some expectations for CP revenue, here the picture is pretty unclear I'd say. While the blah blah says investing in 'what could be', don't forget that investment here is just in AG, not what our money then gets spent on in the future of NI.
This hinges very much on the armour it would seem. It's a shot in the dark, with or without armour protection!!!

Back