Ancient Greece Shares

Check your link again =)

Ahh, ty :). Consider my link to now be a current link then! I will read it now....
Edit: lol - that's what Bertha has already told me.

Is there going to be any more info that answers ongoing questions?

What an exciting announcement! I think it's awesome and encouraging to see more development of EU, and especially a long forgot area of the game. I'll definitely be buying at least 1 share to see where this thing goes.

Just going to write down my thoughts and impressions about this announcement as they come, thinking out loud if you will. This announcement raises a lot of questions I now have too.

I have to admit I'm a bit cautious to jump straight in and invest anymore than 10 PED into these just yet. Mainly I'm feeling cautious because of the unknowns here, like many have already pointed out. One of their statements from the announcement that gives me a lot of concern is when they say:

"Next Island intends to use the proceeds of the Ancient Greece share offering to support ongoing development and marketing of Next Island."

Are the sales of these Shares funding then, the future unreleased content? Maybe its just the way thats worded or something, and that's not what they meant. Yikes, If I'm being honest that just reminds me of Compet, Deep Token, and most recently the Ark Moon Deeds. I really hope they do continue to add awesome stuff. But, what things will they add and how long will it be in development? Will future development take years? If so, I don't want to invest now in something that's unfinished and will take years to complete. Also, will MA make sure they follow through on their development promises, and exactly what are they promising?

The armor set stats look incredible! Wow! It makes me wonder if the Ark Team is going to release a similar armor chain for Viceroy? Will we get to see Perfected Viceroy with somewhat comparable stats? If the Ark Team doesn't offer better Viceroy, I'm definitely someone who's interested in going for a set on Next Island.

The other question I have is how did the Next Island team arrive at that valuation price point? They're saying it's all worth 15,000,000 PED or $1.5 mil USD. The player base then has the opportunity to buy 50% interest in the property at 7,500,000 PED. Without a lot of data to look at, or comparisons to make, I'm having a harder time determining if this is a good buy or an overpriced buy. Is there some info on this? Some expected return data they used to come up with this?

When I bought CLDs years ago I liked that MA had some expected ROI data they shared with the player base and made statements about future expected performance. I ended up buying over 30 CLDs back then, and I'm glad I did, they were great. And last year with CP Shares I liked that MA provided us with the past annual revenue. I could easily calculate estimated ROI from the Crystal Palace data before I invested in the shares. I did buy a few thousand CP Shares because I thought they would be a sound investment, and that panned out. I was also pleasantly surprised CP Shares maintained an average weekly 2 PEC payout over Merry Mayhem.

I understand that this opportunity is more of a gamble, so to speak, without there being past revenue to rely on or make projections. But, surely they used some method to arrive at that price. With CLDs and CP Shares we had existing content, and we knew exactly what we were getting when we bought. Is it possible for the Next Island team to release more details of future releases?

The video they released looks awesome, by the way. Nice job with the theatrical trailer :) loved it!

If there's more info on this please let us know! I'm an interested investor, but from what I've seen thus far I think I have more questions than answers, and I'm probably going to wait on investing for a bit. If that means missing the initial sale price of 10 PED, so be it, I'd like to get an idea of expected annual ROI before I jump in though. I learned my lesson with Compet and Ark Moon :D even though I'm still holding out hope for Ark Moon, maybe a Perfected Viceroy mission up there breathes new life into those Deeds! Who knows :D

I'll definitely need to get up there and check it out first hand though! It really looks like they've put an immense amount of work into improving Next Island, kudos to the team. Would be good to also hear people's initial impressions of the new content.

I'll buy 1 share for sure.
Just to follow the revenue.
Good luck selling the other 749999 shares :thumbup:

If everyone buys 1 share , we will know how many active players in game .. woot.

If everyone buys 1 share , we will know how many active players in game .. woot.

LOL - that's almost wizz-like in terms of short and to the point! I doubt the NI team would be happy about that way of gathering "vital unknown data" though. How about MA just tells us instead...

Don't get me wrong, I'm really optimistic about the direction that EU is going in - but this is not a good move.

There's a lot of marketing 'fluff' and promises for the future here, but the only thing that really matters is the current ROI. This data has been intentionally omitted because the ROI is almost non-existent - especially when split over an insane $750,000 USD price tag.

There is almost no activity on Next Island and everyone knows it. All that's happening is that Next Island hasn't worked as a business so they've decided to try and cash out on the sly, that's all.

I'm all for share listings (hell, sign me up if TI gets listed at a half-decent valuation), but only an idiot would buy these shares in any quantity without having some kind of indication of current ROI. :dunce:

I live on NI....stay away or Ill shoot you :).....Im happy to see NI getting some much needed attention, however, MA has a bad rep for not following thru...Just hope they stay in business

compet: i want my money back.

moondeeds: i want my money back.

ndc/tpt/amvrerica: i want my money back

deeptoken: lol

want me to name a few more? sometimes my brain is the true asshole, i swear...

Next time just bet on the right horses.

Never regretted buying CLD's and CP's.
The only regret is not having bought enough at that time :tongue2:

MA needs to bring all these planets closer together (idk, release faster ships for the average player or actually reduce the distance, something to make travelling less of a chore and quicker).

This is so true, the time needed to fly from Calypso to NI in a common spaceship, plus the fact that you can be looted in space deters many people from traveling. There's a free MS warp on Sundays wich is good, but not enough.

Now how about that empty space station right next to Calypso, Erebos i think, what if NI is moved there? This would surely help.

This is so true, the time needed to fly from Calypso to NI in a common spaceship, plus the fact that you can be looted in space deters many people from traveling. There's a free MS warp on Sundays wich is good, but not enough.

Now how about that empty space station right next to Calypso, Erebos i think, what if NI is moved there? This would surely help.

Pretty sure Erebos is the farthest space station. Zeus is the closest one I think, between Ark and Caly. Athena is between Ark and NI?

Anyway, I dunno what MA is thinking with this whole space thing, the distance, the lootable PvP, the time and cost involved... Unless you are going to add transport profession/missions like EVE Online has, but we've been waiting for that for almost a decade now. In the meantime, we all suffer and the planet partners suffer because all these inconveniences are a deterrent to travelling.

I'm sure people would travel more often if it wasn't so painful to do

I don't think anyone will fly to NI for 1,5 hours for a quick hunt... As most people are caly based

not with my equus warp service :)

Pretty sure Erebos is the farthest space station. Zeus is the closest one I think, between Ark and Caly. Athena is between Ark and NI?

Found a map. Erebos is east of Caly, while Zeus is south-east. Both are pretty close to the capital, but they have no practical use, except for when you die in space and end up there...

Why not move a couple planets so that they would be a bit closer to Calypso? Their remote location and lootable PvP in space is part of the reason places like NI or Toulan don't get many visitors. (Sorry for repeating myself)

Anyway, I dunno what MA is thinking with this whole space thing, the distance, the lootable PvP, the time and cost involved... Unless you are going to add transport profession/missions like EVE Online has, but we've been waiting for that for almost a decade now. In the meantime, we all suffer and the planet partners suffer because all these inconveniences are a deterrent to travelling.

I'm sure people would travel more often if it wasn't so painful to do

Erebos is fairly central. For fairness I can understand planets being around the edge, but that way some are closer to Caly than others, ofc. I would support moving Toulan and NI closer, but would prefer proper development that we have been waiting for for a loooong time now.
Years ago I wondered what the most isolated spot in the universe was. I came up with a spot somewhere where no vehicles were allowed, reachable only via an out-of-the-way tp from the main planet, on a planet far far away from Caly.
Anybody? Yes, you can buy shares for this place any time now....:eyecrazy:

Edit: Phil, they do have a practical use.... but just like vast areas of the universe it is only of use to a few people, and fewer than a few actually use that, but I happen to be one of them...

Found a map. Erebos is east of Caly, while Zeus is south-east. Both are pretty close to the capital, but they have no practical use, except for when you die in space and end up there...

Why not move a couple planets so that they would be a bit closer to Calypso? Their remote location and lootable PvP in space is part of the reason places like NI or Toulan don't get many visitors. (Sorry for repeating myself)

Oh cool, yeah I got confused with Hermes space station there for a sec.

Actually have given this whole situation a lot of thought in the last year or so and I think MindArk is planning on offering a way to link Land Plots from one planet to another. So if you own a Land Plot on Caly and one on Ark, you can link them and insta-teleport from one to the next.

Could be a really interesting feature but very expensive if that only works for the Land Plot owner.

I bet they wont sell before the 2089 solar eclipse

Oh cool, yeah I got confused with Hermes space station there for a sec.

Actually have given this whole situation a lot of thought in the last year or so and I think MindArk is planning on offering a way to link Land Plots from one planet to another. So if you own a Land Plot on Caly and one on Ark, you can link them and insta-teleport from one to the next.

Could be a really interesting feature but very expensive if that only works for the Land Plot owner.
Hopefully such a feature wouldn't just be limited to plot owners, but would also work for mall, shop, or apartment owners, etc. Been saying for a long time that 'tp to home' feature on teleport chips should work for tp to home planet instead of just home on the planet you are on as it is now.

Ancient Greece Share Information
Price per share: 10 PED
Total shares: 750000

Unique Feature Details

Upgradable Gorgon Armor
Gorgon Armor and upgrade components can be looted by participating in the shared-loot Gorgon Wave event accessible through the new ‘Deliver us from the Dark Queen’ mission chain on Ancient Greece. Armor stats for all upgrades are listed below.

why didn't u make Arkadia moon upgrade armor thingy first through A.M wave sorta
still lots of moondeed left on webshop

Ancient Greece Share Information
Price per share: 10 PED
Total shares: 750000

Unique Feature Details

Upgradable Gorgon Armor
Gorgon Armor and upgrade components can be looted by participating in the shared-loot Gorgon Wave event accessible through the new ‘Deliver us from the Dark Queen’ mission chain on Ancient Greece. Armor stats for all upgrades are listed below.

why didn't u make Arkadia moon upgrade armor thingy first through A.M wave sorta
still lots of moondeed left on webshop
better yet, why not add ark moon armor parts to lower cost webshop purchases for the ark moon deeds... already throwing in the pet for the pricey one... why not give incentive to lower end purchases too?

Is there any information on who owns NI, how much they paid, or what kinds of Mindark connections are in play?

This sure seems to me like favored players all of a sudden in control of a planet getting a $750,000 payday off the backs of everyone else. The only justification for this is Mindark created an armor out of thin air that breaks the current game balance in order to entice people to pay this mysterious group.

Is there any information on who owns NI, how much they paid, or what kinds of Mindark connections are in play?

This sure seems to me like favored players all of a sudden in control of a planet getting a $750,000 payday off the backs of everyone else. The only justification for this is Mindark created an armor out of thin air that breaks the current game balance in order to entice people to pay this mysterious group.

Im pretty sure there is no mysterious group, it is MA that owns it. Have done for a while now, hence the upgrades

Rgds

Ace

Yeah I'm starting to think like Ace, MA probably owns NI now, maybe same thing that happened to TI happened to NI?

Is this how a release of shares for a territory meeting goes at MA HQ..?

"We need money.

OK.. Well that Crystal Palace share thing we did a while back seemed to work pretty well.

Right lets do that then.

OK.. How much do you need?

I am thinking about, well the same as Crystal Palace.. Like 500,000 USD. Lets make it 750,000 USD just to be safe.

OK. Make a good looking video, and offer them the carrot of the chance of an UBER Armor.. But we will have to make it better than Viceroy, but harder to get than Viceroy. Don't tell them that yet though.

Cool. You don't think the fact that the new V.U. balls up will put them off.. Or the fact that we have done this before, more than once, and it failed nearly every time?

Naa..."

They think our Birthdate was March 2020 ffs.
You are going to offer the chance to own half of the revenue of the place known as Ancient Greece..? I bet less than half of the half of the half of the half of the players who have heard about Next Island know about Ancient Greece.

And the money raised will be used to fund the development of Next Island... The money we pay for owning half of F*** all in Ancient Greece.

[h=3]Ancient Greece Shares[/h]

Next Island intends to use the proceeds of the Ancient Greece share offering to support ongoing development and marketing of Next Island.

Originally Posted Here

So they will profit from the investment we make on Ancient Greece.

750,000 SHARES!!!???

What kind of drugs are available at MA HQ...???

ARK Moon Deeds remain unsold, even with that pay for auto loot pet. You have a f**king nerve.

Last edited:
[h=3]Ancient Greece Shares[/h]

Upgradable Gorgon Armor
Gorgon Armor and upgrade components can be looted by participating in the shared-loot Gorgon Wave event...

Originally Posted Here

Does this imply that Gorgon armor/parts will be tradeable? If you have a male avatar, looting a female piece isn't going to be much good unless you can sell/trade it. Perhaps I missed it, but has it been stated anywhere whether or not parts can be traded or if the armor will be avatar bound?

Next Island is a dead location and it dosn't matter how breath taking the enviroment is or how beautiful the artwork most entropians dont tick like this but they look at oportunities to cover their expenses and grind for paying as less as possible, power creep and grinding for profit.

The armor will generate turnover but with a player base thats not growing, all turnover generated on this will be missed somewere else.

Also, we have no information about cost to develop estates or to upgrade that armor and we also dont know if
parts for the upgrade will always drop or be limited in quanitiy and stop dropping at one point.

I havn't read anything about making next island better accessible , the way it is now i dont see any future for this planet exept some people who are in for the armor.

As mentioned 50% for the pp revenue might be as "much" as 12.5% depending from were the player came but honestly how many player was "born" on next island and still playing there ?

Getting in new people is easy, keeping them not. Entropia is a special game that will never be mainstream and people prefer to spend thousands for power and maximizing their income in shop based games that shower you with success while entropia feel like you losing your money like an idiot.

I can understand that the company is seeking ways to grab funding for development but the deal is really really bad.

In this current state , i'd advise against buying shares unless you dont care about your money and would buy compet shares again.

Even some half assed crowdfunding projects that failed miserably had a better presentation and more information available. :dunce:

Does this imply that Gorgon armor/parts will be tradeable? If you have a male avatar, looting a female piece isn't going to be much good unless you can sell/trade it. Perhaps I missed it, but has it been stated anywhere whether or not parts can be traded or if the armor will be avatar bound?

Im preety sure they wont be tradeable. Still the perfected gorgon armor have insane stats. If they will be tradeable will cause MU on some armost to drop drastically.

Im preety sure they wont be tradeable. Still the perfected gorgon armor have insane stats. If they will be tradeable will cause MU on some armost to drop drastically.

If it takes as long and is as expensive/difficult to get as Augmented 5B, Smuggler plate 1, then it won't disrupt much, so I don't see a problem with it being trade-able.

Most upgrade missions are for gear that is trade-able, the only 2 I know of that are not are Viceroy and Stolen Imperium, and only Viceroy remains (for armors).

It would make sense that it would be trade-able since I would think that MindArk would want to attract as many hunters as possible there to grind for it.

Last edited:
it got already mentioned in the thread but the main questions are:

- will the gorgon armor be tradeable?
- will the viceroy chain be expanded?

looks like a nice project for the rest
cheers

Back