Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hiro Protagonist
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Simmons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

750 000 USD for a pice of virtual land with no track of customers is an insult to the intelligence of your playerbase.
    So a coder probably makes $75,000 year including fringe benefits. So you're talking about paying 10 coders for a year.

That's not very much money at all when you consider you have to pay people to do work.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Entropialoot.com
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    Its this manner of thinking that keeps everyone suckling mommas tits on caly! Time to grow up n leave the nest! =p

Caly = thule2
    Crude, but true.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Aleph Levi Benzait
    Society
    Utopia
    Images
    There's a fee ?!?! for buying shares now?

I was going to buy a few to keep track of revenue, but with fees, well, maybe next time, good luck, you'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
    So a coder probably makes $75,000 year including fringe benefits. So you're talking about paying 10 coders for a year.

That's not very much money at all when you consider you have to pay people to do work.
    If it took them 10 coders and 1 year to do AG, then they have some serious work performance issues

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hiro Protagonist
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aske View Post
    If it took them 10 coders and 1 year to do AG, then they have some serious work performance issues
    Star Citizen has over 400 staff and the game is still in 'alpha' state after 5 yrs (???) of development.

Everquest and Everquest 2 has over 40 staff members combined and they put out 1 big update per year for each title.

I think game development takes more labor and time than you think.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Entropialoot.com
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by antonioliveira View Post
    There's a fee ?!?! for buying shares now?

I was going to buy a few to keep track of revenue, but with fees, well, maybe next time, good luck, you'll need it.
    Always was on the exchange.

Fees stop the day traders which can destabilize the price. Same for the auction house (even though I think AH prices are too much).

“Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And hain't that a big enough majority in any town?”
    ― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

MA isn't done searching for fools in their Ark Moon hat, and yet NI tries to pull even more fools out of the same hat.

Go figure what's going on in these devs' heads.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Entropialoot.com
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    “Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And hain't that a big enough majority in any town?”
    ― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

MA isn't done searching for fools in their Ark Moon hat, and yet NI tries to pull even more fools out of the same hat.

Go figure what's going on in these devs' heads.
    Ark moon payouts are growing with introduction of mech spawns.

This is just an IPO of sorts. Buy it or don't. They have told you where they are going with AG and as such it isn't based on historical analysis of payouts.

There will be more of these deeds. 8coins, Treasure Island, etc. are all targets.

Quote Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
    Star Citizen has over 400 staff and the game is still in 'alpha' state after 5 yrs (???) of development.

Everquest and Everquest 2 has over 40 staff members combined and they put out 1 big update per year for each title.

I think game development takes more labor and time than you think.
    You are comparing designing game from scratch and creating a content within an established engine using established toolkit.

In either case, we don't pay for the effort, we pay for the potential ROI.

You are more than welcome to support them with your money if you feel the price tag is fair I personally think it is ridiculous and pure money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post
    Always was on the exchange.

Fees stop the day traders which can destabilize the price. Same for the auction house (even though I think AH prices are too much).
    Nope - wasn't always. There was no buying fee to start with, even when trading started, just a selling fee.
    However, these days there seem to be 'discrepencies' between text and reality at every turn.

The confirm window is suggesting there is now a flat fee of .25 peds per share. Can anyone confirm that is actually the amount taken from pedcards - a straight 10.25 per share, no volume discounts?

More general comment: my perception is that the 750k is for 50% of revenue, compared to, say CP, which was, I believe, 500k shares for 95% of revenue? Pls correct me if I'm wrong!
    While we had some expectations for CP revenue, here the picture is pretty unclear I'd say. While the blah blah says investing in 'what could be', don't forget that investment here is just in AG, not what our money then gets spent on in the future of NI.
    This hinges very much on the armour it would seem. It's a shot in the dark, with or without armour protection!!!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast