PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ill go there and Invest if you promise not to bring the codex there.
    Otherwise you know where you can put it!
    What a weird request, there isnt even any iron missions for AG mobs so codex would be a strict upgrade from the current offering of frick all

@$% the Codex!
    There's enough of it on Caly...
    Would be a good selling point!
    Codex Free... Future Iron Missions will be avl on Next Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Killahbee View Post
    I don't think anyone will fly to NI for 1,5 hours for a quick hunt... As most people are caly based
    Yeah, it will either be a holiday trip - or a bit more dedication usually. Still, don't forget scheduled warping at 10 peds or so a trip can get you there and back very quickly if you are around at the right times...

Looking further into those armour stats we were given, it doesn't look to me like the value of the sets are going to be as stated either!!! Not that it matters terribly, except for showing up lack of communication, lack of checking, lack of comp... overall really.
    I know it has been confirmed that it's not MA developing AG, but do any glimmers of hope have to be dashed before I've even got past the reading up stage?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hiro Protagonist
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    Yeah, it will either be a holiday trip - or a bit more dedication usually. Still, don't forget scheduled warping at 10 peds or so a trip can get you there and back very quickly if you are around at the right times...
    I think we will be able to teleport to planets before too long. Maybe a 5 PED charge to TP to Next Island or Arkadia.

I also just want to flag up that two estate tokens have been discovered: Heraion and Agamemnion.
    Does this mean that at least two people have already finished the missions and claimed two of the six land plots?

If so, then that is simply crazy! Can someone on AG maybe tell us if those are plot names? I wonder how much they cost to purchase, if that is indeed the case!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
    I think we will be able to teleport to planets before too long. Maybe a 5 PED charge to TP to Next Island or Arkadia.
    maybe we shouldn't have kicked neverdie's i-have-a-teleport-idea butt even before whitepaper and such?

Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts as well there. I don't consider it to be negative to make projections and look at what options are provided for the future.

Of course I hope the moon is a success....
    I wrote this just over two years ago just as the price was going up from special offer at 50 peds to 60?. As we know, they still haven't all sold and are thus still unsellable. They are generating some income, however, at what seems to be about 10 pecs a month now, but that means if they were on sale openly, the market value would be less than 60 peds.

I'm partly considering this NI/AG thing as a test of transparency - by MA, by the PP and by the players. I haven't yet been to NI to see things for myself, but there is indeed some info being provided by people.
    Why do we have to do so much reading between the lines, though?

Anyway, my reading is this: shares will be tradeable in six months (stated info). It was not stated that all shares need to have been sold first. The missions appear to have been finished by at least 2 people, as 2 estate tokens have been discovered. This means that they cannot involve super high turnovers to get them, so there is no long tail of revenue from the missions. The upgradeable armour does require a considerable number of armour drops to get each piece to perfected, but the price for all the way also looks to be quite high. We will have to see what the drop rate of armour is compared to ped turnover. This may indeed generate revenue for quite a while - and the looted basic armour may command a reasonable mu that upgraders will be paying.
    Still, it's a very specific path that will only be taken by people wanting the armour upgraded and those providing armour. Drop rate:demand ratio will play a huge role here.

For the future is this whole estate thing. It is unclear if just the 6 'winners' will be able to build up estates or anyone interested. A visitor to AG has said the estates are large enough for a castle in theory, but the use of buildings and cost to build are completely unknown. Apparently, at least 5 buildings should be available (see notes about AG team putting them in by hand if MA cannot finish the system properly by the time of the next pp update). I suspect this will be in Sept/Oct to coincide with shares becoming tradeable.

Short conclusion: IF we get pec a week of payouts, then that equates to about 5% per annum based on 10 peds. I thus see no 'rush' to buy shares compared to other ped-purchasables. However, I do value that we are at least able to buy them in-game with peds, although I still think sales will be slow - see moon performance...
    GL all!

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Been flying these longest possible stretches between Caly or Monria and Ark or NI quite a bit and can't say that the time consumed is very different. It isn't further from Caly to NI than it is to Toulan, and not much further than to Arkadia. Haven't heard so many complaints about distance to those before, why now? Who sits there and stares at the screen anyway. Choose a z-pane out of likely trouble and go cook dinner or whatever, or if you carry stuff you're not prepared to lose take a warp ship. How to travel the abyss has been discussed exhaustively and is not a valid reason for shunning Next Island.

It still is, despite recent scars, the most pristine part of this universe and sends you back in time the moment you set your foot on its ground. What I fear most is destructive forms of development.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Entropialife shows the surge in Next Island, most likely mainly Ancient Greece as well since many players are there to grind away and get Gorgon Armor parts. Once it dies down will be the true indication as to how it performs, but either way, its good to see an increase in other planets.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Entropialife shows the surge in Next Island, most likely mainly Ancient Greece as well since many players are there to grind away and get Gorgon Armor parts. Once it dies down will be the true indication as to how it performs, but either way, its good to see an increase in other planets.
    ...and once everybody that can afford it has the armour, it will die out again.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast