Ancient Greece Shares

Ark moon payouts are growing with introduction of mech spawns.

This is just an IPO of sorts. Buy it or don't. They have told you where they are going with AG and as such it isn't based on historical analysis of payouts.

There will be more of these deeds. 8coins, Treasure Island, etc. are all targets.

I do hope Ark Moon will give some ROI to share buyers, I absolutely do.

But as others have pointed out, if player base isn't expanding, it's a null sum game. Someone's gotta lose, and that someone is us, the players, and of course the buyers of these shares (which mostly amount to the same people).

EU looks more and more like a over-funded Kickstarter project that didn't deliver. Instead of making a 2nd edition that works (i.e. fixing the 1000 bugs still in circulation - and constantly being added - after 15 years), MA/PP hopes to recycle this model ad Infinitum until they've sucked us dry. Then pull the plug. They'll have a nice revenue run in the process. MA's big problem is that they don't seem to have any other money-makers left if EU dies. Com-pets, VR-goggles, DeepTokens….those are our salvation lol

I do hope Ark Moon will give some ROI to share buyers, I absolutely do.

You can always go there hunt or mine and provide for the rest.Go ahead and put your money where your mouth is if you actually believe in your words.

You are comparing designing game from scratch and creating a content within an established engine using established toolkit.

In either case, we don't pay for the effort, we pay for the potential ROI.

You are more than welcome to support them with your money if you feel the price tag is fair:) I personally think it is ridiculous and pure money grab.

Its not a money grab.. Its giving away a portion of profits to help further advance the area and also acts as a driving force to spend more time there. Are you upset becuae they may not double istantly in value the second theyre tradeable? Most IRL investments don't double in value overnight either. Youll be making profits slowly with the shares just like any other investment instead of ped sitting on pedcard making nothing.. that's the advantage to them!

Its not a money grab.. Its giving away a portion of profits to help further advance the area and also acts as a driving force to spend more time there. Are you upset becuae they may not double istantly in value the second theyre tradeable? Most IRL investments don't double in value overnight either. Youll be making profits slowly with the shares just like any other investment instead of ped sitting on pedcard making nothing.. that's the advantage to them!

I am not upset, just voicing my opinion. You make it sound like we don't have any other investment opportunities in game and it's a choice between NI shares or pedcard.

If you think that 750k usd is a fair valuation for an instance in the farthest place from the majority of the population (caly) with a nebulous promise that something might get added in future then by all means go for it.

I am not upset, just voicing my opinion. You make it sound like we don't have any other investment opportunities in game and it's a choice between NI shares or pedcard.

If you think that 750k usd is a fair valuation for an instance in the farthest place from the majority of the population (caly) with a nebulous promise that something might get added in future then by all means go for it.

How far it is from caly is moot as its its own planet and caly doesn't matter.. as for the investment that value of the zone is really hard to measure but if your comparing to let say cp with 4 closet zones and like 2mobs I can see how it might be considerably more complex to design and run.

How far it is from caly is moot as its its own planet and caly doesn't matter.

This is not correct. Calypso is the hub of the 'Universe' and is where most players are based. Activity emanates from Calypso (as can be seen when looking at planet/station activity in relation to proximity to Calypso). Calypso matters a LOT here.

as for the investment that value of the zone is really hard to measure but if your comparing to let say cp with 4 closet zones and like 2mobs I can see how it might be considerably more complex to design and run.

It's not complicated at all. For a digital asset like this it's easy:

Share Value = Expected Cash Payout per Share per Day/Week x Multiple.

The complexity and design of the area has no relevance at all to whether it's a good investment or not.

I actually can't believe that MA have allowed this to be listed to be honest, as it makes a mockery of the exchange system.

However, it will be really interesting to see what happens when this listing fails. Will they quietly de-list it after a certain time? Will they just keep it up there forever? Will they start trading without selling all the shares? Hmmm... :scratch2:

I'll start where you left off....
In trying to find out more info about this whole thing, I am of course keeping an eye on events.
The blurb for the release notes says:
"When you finish the quest by killing the Gorgon and saving Ancient Greece, you will receive a Medal Of Heroism. This medal will allow the first six players who wish to purchase one of the six hero estates, the ability to do so. "

HOWEVER, I see a Medal of Heroism discovered earlier today. How is this possible? Has AG had the missions active for several days already and the discoverer has finished already, is it a naming cock-up and there is a different medal to be got at the end? Or...?

Anyway, the blurb says 'purchase' one of the six hero estates. Is that a reward or a punishment? :eyecrazy: Oh, and are the medals tradeable?

You can always go there hunt or mine and provide for the rest.Go ahead and put your money where your mouth is if you actually believe in your words.

umm...yes, that's exactly what I am doing. I pew pew on Caly, Cyrene, sometimes LAs. No time for Ark Moon, and if I go, the others will lose. If I go to Greece, same thing, less ped income on all venues. Less peds for development. Null sum game.

umm...yes, that's exactly what I am doing. I pew pew on Caly, Cyrene, sometimes LAs. No time for Ark Moon, and if I go, the others will lose. If I go to Greece, same thing, less ped income on all venues. Less peds for development. Null sum game.

Fair enough.Now you have to convince the rest of the players do do the same.
Good luck with that :)

I actually can't believe that MA have allowed this to be listed to be honest, as it makes a mockery of the exchange system.

However, it will be really interesting to see what happens when this listing fails. Will they quietly de-list it after a certain time? Will they just keep it up there forever? Will they start trading without selling all the shares? Hmmm... :scratch2:

Why not? They are allowed to have this offering. 23000 deeds already sold. If anything, Ark moon, CLD, and AUDs should be in the exchange instead of items. You elude to some conspiracy that they will steal your money but none of the deed offerings (minus: compet, which was a failed product/concept that many warned about up front, not a disappearing act) have resulted in such.

Let's drop the emotion of it and act like investors, ya? Invest or don't.

Well... looking here beyond pure investment...

I like NI and AG, great landscapes there (minus the ugly blot introduced in 2018).

Unfortunately I am for the most of my playing time bound to Caly, and NI is far away. However, I do go on vacation there once in a while and find it very refreshing. :)

Lots of players put hundreds and thousands of USD/EUR into this game. So, why not everyone who can afford it and does not have any other issues give ten bucks to the guys for their effort. That is to say... buy ten shares and let ′em rest.

:twocents:

So, why not everyone who can afford it give ten bucks to the guys for their effort. That is to say... buy ten shares and let ′em rest.

think someone suggested exactly one earlier, to be fair. for the giggles! :laugh:

:twocents:

Why not? They are allowed to have this offering. 23000 deeds already sold. If anything, Ark moon, CLD, and AUDs should be in the exchange instead of items. You elude to some conspiracy that they will steal your money but none of the deed offerings (minus: compet, which was a failed product/concept that many warned about up front, not a disappearing act) have resulted in such.

Let's drop the emotion of it and act like investors, ya? Invest or don't.

I'm amazed you pulled all that rubbish from my comment. :laugh:

Nope - wasn't always. There was no buying fee to start with, even when trading started, just a selling fee.
However, these days there seem to be 'discrepencies' between text and reality at every turn.

The confirm window is suggesting there is now a flat fee of .25 peds per share. Can anyone confirm that is actually the amount taken from pedcards - a straight 10.25 per share, no volume discounts?

More general comment: my perception is that the 750k is for 50% of revenue, compared to, say CP, which was, I believe, 500k shares for 95% of revenue? Pls correct me if I'm wrong!
While we had some expectations for CP revenue, here the picture is pretty unclear I'd say. While the blah blah says investing in 'what could be', don't forget that investment here is just in AG, not what our money then gets spent on in the future of NI.
This hinges very much on the armour it would seem. It's a shot in the dark, with or without armour protection!!!
If you only buy 1 then the fee is .25, but if you buy 100 the fee is 2.5... it's kind of like the AH... minimum fee that drops to a % after a certain # of shares

If you only buy 1 then the fee is .25, but if you buy 100 the fee is 2.5... it's kind of like the AH... minimum fee that drops to a % after a certain # of shares

Ah, it appears the check box is stating a flat fee of 0.25% after just as few as 10 x 10 ped shares. So the minimum fee is 25 pecs and above 10 shares it goes up by 2.5 pecs per share. It only states 27 pecs for 11 shares, though, rounding or a great opportunity to save half a pec? :laugh:

I'd still like to know if that is the true figure taken from the ped card, though, as if you enter a price of 50 peds a share (crazy I know!), then the box doesn't correct you and adjust. Who knows, maybe they actually take the peds and run?

Ill go there and Invest if you promise not to bring the codex there.:dunce:
Otherwise you know where you can put it!:wise:

Ill go there and Invest if you promise not to bring the codex there.:dunce:
Otherwise you know where you can put it!:wise:

What a weird request, there isnt even any iron missions for AG mobs so codex would be a strict upgrade from the current offering of frick all :laugh:

@$% the Codex!
There's enough of it on Caly...
Would be a good selling point!
Codex Free... Future Iron Missions will be avl on Next Island.:yay:

I don't think anyone will fly to NI for 1,5 hours for a quick hunt... As most people are caly based

Yeah, it will either be a holiday trip - or a bit more dedication usually. Still, don't forget scheduled warping at 10 peds or so a trip can get you there and back very quickly if you are around at the right times...

Looking further into those armour stats we were given, it doesn't look to me like the value of the sets are going to be as stated either!!! Not that it matters terribly, except for showing up lack of communication, lack of checking, lack of comp... overall really.
I know it has been confirmed that it's not MA developing AG, but do any glimmers of hope have to be dashed before I've even got past the reading up stage?

Yeah, it will either be a holiday trip - or a bit more dedication usually. Still, don't forget scheduled warping at 10 peds or so a trip can get you there and back very quickly if you are around at the right times...

I think we will be able to teleport to planets before too long. Maybe a 5 PED charge to TP to Next Island or Arkadia.

I also just want to flag up that two estate tokens have been discovered: Heraion and Agamemnion.
Does this mean that at least two people have already finished the missions and claimed two of the six land plots?

If so, then that is simply crazy! Can someone on AG maybe tell us if those are plot names? I wonder how much they cost to purchase, if that is indeed the case!

I think we will be able to teleport to planets before too long. Maybe a 5 PED charge to TP to Next Island or Arkadia.

maybe we shouldn't have kicked neverdie's i-have-a-teleport-idea butt even before whitepaper and such? :scratch2:

:girl:

Pretty much my thoughts as well there. I don't consider it to be negative to make projections and look at what options are provided for the future.

Of course I hope the moon is a success....

I wrote this just over two years ago just as the price was going up from special offer at 50 peds to 60?. As we know, they still haven't all sold and are thus still unsellable. They are generating some income, however, at what seems to be about 10 pecs a month now, but that means if they were on sale openly, the market value would be less than 60 peds.

I'm partly considering this NI/AG thing as a test of transparency - by MA, by the PP and by the players. I haven't yet been to NI to see things for myself, but there is indeed some info being provided by people.
Why do we have to do so much reading between the lines, though?

Anyway, my reading is this: shares will be tradeable in six months (stated info). It was not stated that all shares need to have been sold first. The missions appear to have been finished by at least 2 people, as 2 estate tokens have been discovered. This means that they cannot involve super high turnovers to get them, so there is no long tail of revenue from the missions. The upgradeable armour does require a considerable number of armour drops to get each piece to perfected, but the price for all the way also looks to be quite high. We will have to see what the drop rate of armour is compared to ped turnover. This may indeed generate revenue for quite a while - and the looted basic armour may command a reasonable mu that upgraders will be paying.
Still, it's a very specific path that will only be taken by people wanting the armour upgraded and those providing armour. Drop rate:demand ratio will play a huge role here.

For the future is this whole estate thing. It is unclear if just the 6 'winners' will be able to build up estates or anyone interested. A visitor to AG has said the estates are large enough for a castle in theory, but the use of buildings and cost to build are completely unknown. Apparently, at least 5 buildings should be available (see notes about AG team putting them in by hand if MA cannot finish the system properly by the time of the next pp update). I suspect this will be in Sept/Oct to coincide with shares becoming tradeable.

Short conclusion: IF we get pec a week of payouts, then that equates to about 5% per annum based on 10 peds. I thus see no 'rush' to buy shares compared to other ped-purchasables. However, I do value that we are at least able to buy them in-game with peds, although I still think sales will be slow - see moon performance...
GL all!

Been flying these longest possible stretches between Caly or Monria and Ark or NI quite a bit and can't say that the time consumed is very different. It isn't further from Caly to NI than it is to Toulan, and not much further than to Arkadia. Haven't heard so many complaints about distance to those before, why now? Who sits there and stares at the screen anyway. Choose a z-pane out of likely trouble and go cook dinner or whatever, or if you carry stuff you're not prepared to lose take a warp ship. How to travel the abyss has been discussed exhaustively and is not a valid reason for shunning Next Island.

It still is, despite recent scars, the most pristine part of this universe and sends you back in time the moment you set your foot on its ground. What I fear most is destructive forms of development.

Entropialife shows the surge in Next Island, most likely mainly Ancient Greece as well since many players are there to grind away and get Gorgon Armor parts. Once it dies down will be the true indication as to how it performs, but either way, its good to see an increase in other planets.

Entropialife shows the surge in Next Island, most likely mainly Ancient Greece as well since many players are there to grind away and get Gorgon Armor parts. Once it dies down will be the true indication as to how it performs, but either way, its good to see an increase in other planets.

...and once everybody that can afford it has the armour, it will die out again.

Back