Ancient Greece Shares

Another mixed bag update, but devs keeping their word is good, so the good is duly noted!

The AG shares are now sellable, as promised, which is a good bit! There are presumably just over 100k of 750k in "freefloat". Early sales have been at about 8.5-9 peds, with the original remaining shares still listed at 10 peds. Unless there are 'dealings', then I would imagine things will stay that way for a while... which is not so good, but ok.

My shop (and presumably other buildings) has(have) now been fixed, so ty!
I don't yet know about changes to drops and loot - we shall see...

You keep collecting you 1 pec per 1 or 2 week you a good friend but you know 1 pec per 2 week? and it will go lowers as i told you.

Early sales have been at about 8.5-9 peds, with the original remaining shares still listed at 10 peds. Unless there are 'dealings', then I would imagine things will stay that way for a while...

I doubled my shares by buying 5 more at 7.49 peds each, so the floor is already below 8.5...

Update: after two weeks of zero we had another pec paid out again now. The deeds themselves are still being unloaded by people, but not massively. It's a couple of percent of the 100k that got sold at 10 peds each that are currently changing hands at below 8 peds.
That of course translates to a fail so far, but most people seem to be sticking with it for now. It is highly annoying that loots still appear to be missing or are at terribly balanced levels. It's like the driver of a vehicle knows the air pressures in the tyres are wrong, but still drives around for weeks and months without fixing it.
A few shiny sparkly things have also still not turned up, even though their stats are virtual (thus easily changed) and the visuals look fine...! OK, don't tell me, the mats for the bps are awol right now?
Other than that, the gorgons still seem fairly popular. Has there been any change to sweat prices on Caly to reflect the event activation fees, or are volumes too low for that? I could do with some sweat myself, by the way, either crated or back to bottled form...

In my last post I of course meant that loot materials are still missing - I didn't mean returns, should anyone have thought that.
No, I don't think the ship is sinking, it's just not able to carry many passengers in my opinion. I'm doing fine running around this ship here, but I keep trying to point out that for NI/AG to do better it needs to be able to sustain higher active visitor numbers. The new missions have improved things a bit and the gorgons have become slightly more attractive. Progress .... but slow!

In my last post I of course meant that loot materials are still missing - I didn't mean returns, should anyone have thought that.
No, I don't think the ship is sinking, it's just not able to carry many passengers in my opinion. I'm doing fine running around this ship here, but I keep trying to point out that for NI/AG to do better it needs to be able to sustain higher active visitor numbers. The new missions have improved things a bit and the gorgons have become slightly more attractive. Progress .... but slow!
Maybe you should post each of those ideas on the forum or facebook account that the devs of that planet actually read? This being Planet Calypso's forum, I don't think they look here or if they do, not often.

Update: another 3 weeks have now passed but we did have the next 1 peccer on Monday (sort of low-level tracking from me now I guess). Devs have shown elsewhere that they are aware of some things, but this here is not exactly some obscure medium, you know. They should certainly have the other planets section on their radar, as well as the whole forum, tbh! What people comment on here about EU as a whole SHOULD be of interest to all pps as well. If someone wants to nudge them or they want to acknowledge they read here, that's up to them.

In other news to keep people informed, activity is indeed down (as indicated by more infrequent payouts again), but there is another curiousity too. One particular 'missing' loot appeared about a week ago, dropped quite a bit, but then stopped again. It appears to be more than just the regular waves kicking in and being drained - the correct lingo would be more like that some very low cap has set in already and the loot is simply unavailable until either the cap is relaxed or the mats are used up a bit maybe. It's hard for a single player to be able to tell really on a low-click (L) bp mat.

Other mats still appear to be missing, in one case I should say more accurately massively crap balancing, considering it "feeds" a daily mission. To use my tyre pressure analogy, somebody checked the pressure on one tyre, boosted it minimally but that air has now escaped again, and the rest of the tyres seem to have remained untouched. It's not what you'd call "Taking care of your baby!"

LOL I ask a question, no one care to answer.

What makes you guys, so confident at investing any shares here?

You really don't have learn details about investing shares.
Just think logic and be logic. It won't work in long term.

.... 1 more pec again, but activity has slowed another few notches it would seem. There was a great event again where devs were present to spawn a battle against players mostly warping in for the fun, but it doesn't seem to be keeping people hanging around.
Next up is a double event, first of sweating plus event-spawning dauds, and after that Normandie and the devs back in action again. Hopefully the new vu won't throw up issues of codex and whatever, and good fun can be had again.

Maybe the codex spread will also see folks spread out away from Caly for a while - we shall see, but I don't think shares are going to suddenly become massively more popular. The small sell-off seems to have died down and the market price is not as low as it has been. It's hardly a confident market though whilst people are still selling and buying below the 10-ped mark.

Well, instead of being able to happily write that the skyripper was made available in the patch today, it appears that it was in fact available earlier, 'somebody' managed to get several, I can't get the mission - and am thoroughly pissed off.
I also got none of the hides from the chimera in a run today, don't expect tanzanite to be around either, tbh, haven't seen any sign of the crystalline core daily being properly feedable if mats are also just in dribs and drabs, so zero joy there as well.
I also dunno if both gorg events are properly available again. Some of the gorg armour and mats mus have come down in price drastically to MAYBE make adj, mod-ing them etc make more sense now, but it seems there's new competition with other upgraded armour now starting. How long will the plates be popular for, I wonder?
Given that people seem to be crafting mostly on NI, nothing is going towards the shares from that anyway, even if there is a short population boost again.
All in all, I can't see the AG shares finding much love right now. At least the sellout well below 10 peds has almost stopped for now, but will those shares at 10 peds find buyers soon? Won't be me in the mood I'm in right now - I may even fly away using the only thing I've been selling recently - thrusters!

Anyone notice the very low number of available shares at the moment for AG?

Bug or secret investor?

Anyone notice the very low number of available shares at the moment for AG?

Bug or secret investor?

It wasn't sold on the exchange.

index.php

I assume the huge amount of original shares at 10 peds were only timed until the end of the year, so that one listing has gone. As things stand, fewer than 15% of the original offering was thus sold, but AG is most definitely in existence and the mobs are even in the codex clan already, so that particular expense of changing them is not necessary.
News has not yet reached me of whatever the eff is in the skyrimmer bps, but some were made in that "erroneous" release. Unfortunately the rimmers will decay with use to coincide with (re)release, which I already know as absolute fact turned me off flying my nice helicopter for several years, even though MA removed the decay again after a while.
We now have various planets/moons competeting to be more alive than dead, whether NI/AG, Cyrene, Toulan, Monria or the Ark Moon. Other larger places (or near Caly such as CP) are maybe doing fine as they are. If planets have to make do with sharing activity slots every now and again (events), then I guess they won't die, but will also not really come alive.
For me the shares are now little more than a tracking device for some approximation of turnover now that drops of gorgon armour no longer show up on EL, for example. GL everyone (whispers: sort out the balancing of bp mats for *§$%! sake already though please devs/MA)...

I guess most will be aware by now, but I can confirm here that the masses of deeds have been relisted at 10 peds. In another thread the question was posed why this cash cow isn't being looked after better. The term cash cow may have been used ironically, but I wondered where things actually stand.
There was another payment of 1 pec on Monday, so maybe we are on a current average of 12-15 pecs a year; that's a (lower end) paultry 1.2% payout a year at 10 peds per share. However, another 3 times that goes to NI devs, MA and probably a bit to Ark, RT etc. for their planet-born rewards. There is no price as such for this part of the ownership, but whatever running costs for any housekeeping, management and upkeep. It would be anybody's guess what value has been entered into the books, but the players were offered their 25% of the pie for 750k dollars (without much uptake).

I calculate that the share we shareholders don't see is a minimum of approx. 80k dollars a year. I thus would not expect AG to be making a loss, but it is hardly a cash cow either at the moment. As is so often the case, a doubling, quadroupling or more of activity would be quite a nice earner, however, it's just that I don't see us getting there.... (for a while?). For us at 10 peds a deed we still wouldn't be there, but it would be worth it for NI and MA for sure.

So, vu 17.6.0 is upon us. The vu notes look interesting once again, but what they mean in practice we shall see.
Snippets in my order of reading (I've left out a few things):
Mission galactica loot? LOL - I thought that mission became rather dead years ago considering that the market price is lower than the mission prices.

Adjustments have been made to the various crystals that drop including drop rate, which mobs they drop from, and how many crystals one mob will drop - Ahh, lottery again just to find certain stuff is still unfindable? Do we have to be lucky on the waves to even be able to tell what mobs now drop what? Sigh - will find out how many steps forward and how many steps back in ongoing hunting I guess...

Adjustments to the drop rate of various loot items, including all fangs, scales, drakescales, armors, and other things has been made, hopefully making some of these somewhat more likely to drop (my bold - speaks for itself I guess!)(edit: lols, I didn't even bold the word "hopefully" there - my bad!)

Screecher maturity at Crystal Peak has been increased to allow for better sweat experience - simple but nice move!

L armor plate crafting cost has been adjusted down - erm - what armour plate? Maybe it was so way off economic I entirely forgot it even existed?

Several small new quests with useful rewards have been added. Hunt around to find and complete them - sounds good. The new quests have been quite nice in the last vus, so as long as these don't start awful and get improved in later vus, then grats (sorry, still thinking about the really really rare spawn of the flowers, only to now be able to pick up half a dozen in 5 mins, but the mission is not repeatable).

skyripper variant - we shall see...

An area of effect sweat healing area has been added at the base of the Crystal Peak Televator - hmm, to go along with the higher maturities? What healing tools are needed? Well, I'll take a look - sounds ok in principle.

new armor, Ascension - more details on how to get it will follow... ok.

Overall I see I am still tainted with the poisons of the past, but there is certainly development at NI/AG.
I expect shares to be below 10 peds for a while longer, however...

This is a terribly lazy prediction, as it will always be under 10ped for as long there are still 646k unbought from the initial offering.

Agreed. Ancient Greece was clearly overpriced by a wide margin. I only see two routes of corrective action here...
1. Re-structure Ancient Greece shares such that the vast majority are wiped from existence, and existing shares are adjusted accordingly.
2. Continue development of Ancient Greece to a very significant degree in order to justify the original asking price.
Without corrective action Ancient Greece shares will continue to remain largely unsold and present a barrier to MindArk's future goals of cash-grab style "investments"

...sorry for such a lazy prediction, yes ;). My mind was actually aiming at when the chunk at 10 will start to be chipped away at again, which is whenever none are available below 10. That almost happened last week, but we have several hundred up again below that now. I do not believe the shares to be worth that amount, though, indeed, no.

One problem with NI/AG is they don't have a strong eco system. It is really holding the shares back.

They have the wave event which is great. But lets be honest, only like 3 people grind that constantly. The armor is awesome but near impossible to get! I am currently on Daudaormur Rank 15 and havent looted a single scale, fang or scale update yet. The fact the TT value is 10ped generally means it will go to the most damage.

But apart from the wave there isn't much reason to go apart from maybe the Codex but the rewards seems lacking compared to Caly.

I am sure if they keep up the development there will be more to do and more reason to go there

But apart from the wave there isn't much reason to go apart from maybe the Codex but the rewards seems lacking compared to Caly.
if only Asclariua had a wider auto loot range...

also would not hurt if dev avatars were on planet more... I did finally meet socrates to get my tee today, but it literally took almost a month to get him to add me as friend and log in enough to find him today... He logs out for about a week at a time based on what I've seen so far, then logs in here and there and logs out a gain... if all of the dev npcs are doing similar it's no wonder they cannot build a big community.

Still stuck on Next Island because you cannot enter space at the moment... Too bad. Guess Next Island Devs don't want me to TT everything to buy one of these new stalls on Crystal Peak that I was tempted to do. Cannot do that when half of my inventory is on the other side of space, lol.

Not sure foot traffic here would be much better than on FOMA but it definitely has a prettier view from the estate terminal.

For someone that does have the peds to bid on that I'll give you my business plan: simply sell asclarius powercore.... taming this critter was fun. Need to have a shop dedicated to selling the powercore instead of just relying on hit and miss auctions that may or may not be there on any given day.

Lazy pet owners that don't tame could also use a constant supplier of the pet, and a few other pets like the secret island pets that you can skill up here... Asclarius has all of the tricks when you get him so it's fairly easy to train him up a few levels to allow him to go offworld at level 7. One trick gets him about a fifth of the way from just tamed to level 1...

The mission to get the powercore is what some grinders are doing daily, but to enter the instance you just need the powercore key... tamers don't need to do the full mission, just need a shop that gives them 24/7 access to those powercores so they can tame however many they want.

Then look in to the gorgon stuff... the stuff that is just on this planet only, etc.

Eventually I'll leave this rock, but since they stranded me here, it'll probably be when pygmy kong and asclarius reach level 7.

(if a shop owner on this planet wanted someone to tame asclarius for them full time I do have an ulimited boiga and might be willing to set up a deal, but lots of other tames probably already have some niche market cornered on this, lol If I calculated right the true tt cost of armor decay and whip decay is around 40-45 peds plus whatever markup on the powercore happens to be that day)...

Last edited:
Still stuck on Next Island because you cannot enter space at the moment... Too bad. Guess Next Island Devs don't want me to TT everything to buy one of these new stalls on Crystal Peak that I was tempted to do. Cannot do that when half of my inventory is on the other side of space, lol.

Have you tried to install an new thruster? lol
The space works as it should.

...thought I'd update this a bit.
Payouts are still trickling through on occassion. Returns based on a price of 10 peds are not abysmal, but by no means great compared to other offerings that have seen a market price upturn recently. Sales demand has currently died down to just one offer price - 9.99 peds! The magic 10! is still sitting there with plenty plenty plenty virgin shares, so if you want shares there's pretty much one price to pay...

The skyripper mission is available with tasks in mining, hunting and crafting. Some rippers are available via the auction, but note they decay with use. It may be only pec by pec out of a total of I think 25 peds, but somehow the inevitability of vehicle death is not something I favour in virtual reality.

I could write more, but tbh I'm also a bit miffed about the 'marketing exercise' for armour that is going on. If you feel you are supporting NI/AG you can apply in person to a team that will judge if they think you are worthy of armour pieces. I acknowledge that a few sticky-type tutorials are appearing, but somehow I dislike this particular carrot maneouver. Grumpy will now go and do some mumbling elsewhere now :).

Short update: for a while now the payouts have seemed to settle down to 1 pec every 2 weeks, so I was a bit unkind to call it a trickle. I've not seen any of the big events recently that get quite a bit of turnover, so it may be that we have 'normalised' for a while. However, once a few big players get the armours/plates they wanted, will they move on or try and obtain more for selling to others?
On a broader note, the AH has far more listings now (NI) and there are more players around overall. My shop is seeing a variety of customers, so it looks as if NI overall is picking up and may slowly bring AG up with it.
I do wish I knew where they have hidden some of the loot, however, and some of it used in bps continues to elude me (and probably everyone else considering nothing on AH). My conclusion and score at the moment: reasonable - with unfilled potential.

Good progress update: read it while it's hot ;)
Right then.... here it is. The payout has been 1 pec for 3 weeks in a row now! Plus, there are almost no player-owned shares being sold right now (or rather, more buyers than sellers), so the mass of shares available at 10.00 ped is being nibbled at inbetween player offers.

There also seems to be a partner vu on the way, so will it bring glory or shame?
TBH, I'm not sure what is especially driving the turnover on AG at the moment, as stuff like dailies for the Asclarius seems to in decline. Other current missions are more NI-based and mining mus are also going down as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm missing something new (or the gorgons have increased activity without me noticing).
If the coming vu brings us more storyline, then will it involve AG?

Once again, can somebody, anybody, say if missing materials have turned up somewhere obscure now? Can a dev look at the armour and weap bps and check the mats and their drops? OR, do you devs already know that MA has cut off the supply on purpose?! What is the status on materials, PLEASE?

It was the best of times - and the worst of times! Wait, scratch that first bit on reflection...
So, I managed to get into the mushroom instance. The mobs inside appear to drop 3 out of 4 mats for getting in subsequently, so noobs not needed for gathering those low-mob mats! Yes, one mat is crafted using stuff noobs can gather, but I have a feeling the balancing will turn out to be "§$% poor again. Why only a feeling? Because the blasted instance was so laggy I couldn't even do it in safe mode - and have now crashed out a couple of times after screen freezes of a minute or so! I've not logged in again from my last crash, so dunno my loot composition and whether it effs up AG mobs' mus. It may do...
There is at least one more instance, accessible from AG, that's the Muloch (or whatever), but getting the mission done to get in isn't quick - and no idea what the rewarded armour line will be like. If it's as laggy as the mushroom - and tougher to do, then forget it! The gorgon is FAR more accessible and inviting! Apparently there is info in the lore, which is nice, I suppose, but not a substitute for gameplay - and you tend to only read lore once anyway...
Whether or not firepower gets diverted from AG, and for how long, remains to be seen, but I'm not very happy right now.

edit: oh, adding a buff bonus to whoever provides the sweat for a gorg/shade run is a nice step, but I've not heard what the given buff is. Dunno if I've missed anything else I'd call a positive in this vu, or even if the the buff can be called a positive... sorry, that's the state of things for this NI/AG inhabitant at this time... :(

I guess it's sort of update time again. Instead of a TL;DR, let me just give you a 'too sad; didn't read' consisting of: :(

• The update has had more time to show itself: the laggy instance is a known issue that will hopefully be fixed in an as yet unknown patch.
  • The mobs in the Moloch? were apparently all half as powerful as designed, so were doubled in hp in a patch that did take effect.
  • Shares have returned to paying out infrequently, although the Moloch new instance is on AG. Maybe some switched from Gorgs and other people simply left when the gorg action declined.
  • I use certain wave loot to get an idea of how many players are active. It would be a bit like a regular customer at a coffee bar walking in and being told the cup of coffee for that hour had already been sold. Luckily (or unluckily), the customer is usually the only person to walk in, so normally gets a cup of coffee. I am now back to getting coffee, but once again I cry to the heavens how stupid it is to have a virtual economy pretty much maxed out at one player per activity (per hour?) !!!!! - oh, with that player active for 5 mins aaaarrrgggh!
  • There are new booths which have been bought by players. This further waters down having a caravan or shop in other places.

Thank G it's summer...

...the share payout is infrequent still in the summer. I think it's a 3 week gap between the previous one in July and a couple of days ago now in August. There are shares available at 9.99 listed presumably by one or more players and these are being bought slowly. The original massive chunk at 10 that is permanently available is thus rarely nibbled at.
On the general mood - you apparently need to sign up to the NI forum now to even be able to READ the posts - pfft!
On NI and AG there do seem to be some players around, but globals I see are usually by a small number doing either the gorgons or the newer Moloch. I presume the mushroom instance is still lag-bugged...
Possibly one of the innovative dailies that rewards finding fruit dung and stones has been nerfed by vastly reducing stone finds, but I'm just flagging this for info and maybe confirmation of low finds by others for now. As finds can be anything from 20-ish to maybe 130 or so, there already used to be variance in which requirement was the last to be filled, that's no problem, but now it seems the stones have gone awol.

Back