Codex changed % received from mob kills?

Lizzy Storm

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Lizzy Demon Storm
Please let me know if I just improperly read some patch notes somewhere.

So I have been hunting some Exarosaur youngs. I am doing the repeatable for the second time now. The first time I did it I kept track of how many kills it would take me to get 0,1% - it was 10 kills. Now that I am doing the repeatable for the second time I count 25 kills to get 0,1% towards my mission progress. The rewards are the same as the first time.

Did anyone else notice an increase in required kills for codex mission progression, or is it down to doing the repeatable another time?

The step up from 10k kills to 25k kills for the repeatable mission is quite steep imho.

So I have been hunting some Exarosaur youngs. I am doing the repeatable for the second time now. The first time I did it I kept track of how many kills it would take me to get 0,1% - it was 10 kills. Now that I am doing the repeatable for the second time I count 25 kills to get 0,1% towards my mission progress. The rewards are the same as the first time.

Did anyone else notice an increase in required kills for codex mission progression, or is it down to doing the repeatable another time?

The step up from 10k kills to 25k kills for the repeatable mission is quite steep imho.

Yes that seems very steep. This has been researched and documented here:

Help: New mission data collection for Creatures forum

This post on page 22 kind of sums up the finding:

Run 3:

~5131 ped spent gun/amp/ammo
~5153 ped spent if you include armor/healing

I started at 69.7% of x7 repeatable and ended at 9.9% of x8 repeatable.

run 1: 8.30% per k spent
run 2: 8.00% per k spent
run 3: 7.80% per k spent

Looks like a pattern.

If the first repeatable was 5k spend (didn't track it) then that would have been 20% per k spent, for comparison. So it looks like there is disincentive to just stay on one mob, not to mention looter skills.

Read all of page 21 as well to have all the info.

Cheers o/

Legends

Cheers, I thought I was going nuts for a second :)

enhancers changing weapon efficiency no more?

wrong button pressed, was supposed to be a different thread sorry :(

Well the progress is all based on PED spent. If you are really eco it will take more kills if you are using a big weapon on Exa you have overkill and "more" PED spent per kill meaning it moves faster. All that matters is PED spent.

Then it does get more difficult I have heard each repeat stage is 25% harder but for small mobs it seems much steeper a curve. Some mobs I have on repeats its over 100 kills for .1% So I don't even look at it anymore.

Conclusion - I really dislike this PED spent model and wish we could go back to a DPP model for everything. Where DPP meant you got better progress on missions and better loot, instead now you just need to pump mobs full of PED.

Conclusion - I really dislike this PED spent model and wish we could go back to a DPP model for everything. Where DPP meant you got better progress on missions and better loot, instead now you just need to pump mobs full of PED.

But that's only regarding mission progress, afaics. For your actual loot returns, quantity- & quality-wise your efficiency does matter as was explained and discussed extensively.

This isn't exact data, but i'm needing almost double the kills on atrax *x6 as I did on *x1

This isn't exact data, but i'm needing almost double the kills on atrax *x6 as I did on *x1

It kinda fits what MA's idea of a loyalty card would be like...
It's also one of the reasons why I've stopped climbing the codex hill at all - I hate the slow but steady decline that always seems to set in. Got enough of that in RL. Gonna hate when the blasted codex comes to other planets.

Soon[SUP]TM[/SUP] can stay true to its EU-universal meaning as far as I'm concerned. (Sorry for abusing the new meme there).

Back