Dare I start a thread on transparency?

jetsina

Elite
Well, I guess I do, thank you for clicking on it.
My issue is this: since the recent vu with the massive bp problems I've been spending a bit of time trying to work out what has been going wrong, making notes to self about certain avatars selling on the auction house, etc.

One of the problems is that as customers, we are all basically drivers and not mechanics, even those of us who are mechanics elsewhere are just drivers here... If the EU platform were stable and mostly unchanging, we would know what to expect, just as drivers know their own vehicles pretty well and can hear/feel if something is wrong.

Recently, MA has been making more and more changes that are not even mentioned in the notes, and we simply don't know where we stand on things: whether changes are even intended or bugged...

One massive area is loots/mining/crafting results. The ground around us has become more and more like quicksand. Right now I haven't even been able to loot a welding wire (L) bp and am ABSOLUTELY clueless as to the reason why. I've got a brain, yes, but it is only coming up with 'potential reasons', some crazier than others, but in EU, crazy has a habit of being the norm! It's not even a valuable/rare bp ffs - but these days I don't even know if EPs are the right bp to click on for a hoped-for drop. MA keep changing stuff/ messing stuff up!

My suggestion has super little chance of being adopted, so I'll just write it as I think a system needs to work.
We need to have a database peeking regulary into the 'loot warehouse', that can tell us what is available (or has been recently available) in different parts of that warehouse.
A new shipment of something such as ESIs in EU?: yes, they were last seen over there in aisle 4 - can currently be picked up by spiders and ambus.. or whatever.
Potentially there could alternatively be rare loot records, similar to what is in EU, but telling you where something came from as well as that an avatar has just looted it. These should be available in an extended hall of fame with a sort function etc.

IF people know that loots CAN be obtained from something, but they are not getting it, then maybe it is because their efficiency is not good enough for that loot quality... whatever. BUT we need far more TRANSPARENCY to be able to get an idea of how to change what we are doing in this new era of EU!

This does not mean we can all immediately go out and do an activity due to levels, gear etc, but we have more information again on what to aim for and where. Without this I can see my desire to get more skills continuing to go down - and skills ARE still a driver for many players here.

Some people do spend the time and effort updating the wiki with updated information about which items are available from mobs / which BPs drop from using which BPs.

This is a great start and without these people we'd have nothing, but I would love to see better support for 3rd party apps and then we could do this automatically ourselves and have even more complete and more up to date info.

Right now I haven't even been able to loot a welding wire (L) bp and am ABSOLUTELY clueless as to the reason why. I've got a brain, yes, but it is only coming up with 'potential reasons', some crazier than others, but in EU, crazy has a habit of being the norm! It's not even a valuable/rare bp ffs - but these days I don't even know if EPs are the right bp to click on for a hoped-for drop.

Ive looted a few welding wire bp's since yesterday, thankfully not as many as i used to. Seems like they have put some variety in the mix now. But EP is never the right BP to click, there are way better things you could craft that would allow you to sell for MU and help increase the economy MU on items. It may not be TT mats like nano's, but in the end you still end up breaking even or profiting outside of BP drops.

Ok, thanks.
Yes, there is some updating of the wiki, but lots of entries are pretty red in colour, so no updates in a long while. This is either because the entry is not looting now, or nobody has updated it. Also, vu 17 was in Dec 19, so something that dropped then is by no means dark red, but may not be dropping.
Noone has confirmed ww drops from EP2 for this yet (when I looked earlier), but Darth confirms they are dropping from other bps, ok.

Yes, I craft other things too where I buy mats from AH, but I actually use explosives, and it's a clear bp to use on the cost side. I really was just interested in bp drops during this vu-and-patch ****-up by MA, so set the machine running a few times...

That's what made me write the OP, as it is so hard to know where we stand on what may or may not drop. It's probably even worse with mining and mob loots, and I know the loot pool still goes through periods of dropping and not dropping stuff. As I find myself less and less willing to even try, this is why I believe MA needs to change their approach, otherwise turnovers will slip lower and lower...

Ok, thanks.
Yes, there is some updating of the wiki, but lots of entries are pretty red in colour, so no updates in a long while. This is either because the entry is not looting now, or nobody has updated it. Also, vu 17 was in Dec 19, so something that dropped then is by no means dark red, but may not be dropping.
Noone has confirmed ww drops from EP2 for this yet (when I looked earlier), but Darth confirms they are dropping from other bps, ok.

Yes, I craft other things too where I buy mats from AH, but I actually use explosives, and it's a clear bp to use on the cost side. I really was just interested in bp drops during this vu-and-patch ****-up by MA, so set the machine running a few times...

That's what made me write the OP, as it is so hard to know where we stand on what may or may not drop. It's probably even worse with mining and mob loots, and I know the loot pool still goes through periods of dropping and not dropping stuff. As I find myself less and less willing to even try, this is why I believe MA needs to change their approach, otherwise turnovers will slip lower and lower...

Dude be apart of the wiki community not just a viewer but a contributor? update the reds?

also note it has always been habit of MA to move loot types around from one mob/area/bp to another....

each planet has loot tables. Each Planet Partner can and does update those tables from time to time. PP does not have complete control over the system as Mindark does what it wants and the system sort of does too by design... Yes, Planet Partners could do more to hint to community, but it is what it is...

On the hint side of things Cyrene is currently probably the best at this type of stuff...
map-aid-jpg.3357

If you check monria forum mission section they also post full loot table of each mob with droprate but i certainly wouldnt want everything to be like this some mystery, and edge gained by testing and discovering loot that isnt listed somewhere is part of the fun of the game.

Ive looted a few welding wire bp's since yesterday, thankfully not as many as i used to. Seems like they have put some variety in the mix now. But EP is never the right BP to click, there are way better things you could craft that would allow you to sell for MU and help increase the economy MU on items. It may not be TT mats like nano's, but in the end you still end up breaking even or profiting outside of BP drops.

but for those other BPs you need massive bankroll (several thousand or even ten-thousands of dollar)... aren't we supposed to stick to punies (EP I) if returns do suck? :confused:

btw, EP 1 used to be a highly profitable BP.

but for those other BPs you need massive bankroll (several thousand or even ten-thousands of dollar)... aren't we supposed to stick to punies (EP I) if returns do suck? :confused:

You need to check your BP's, or learn to craft for once....no wonder you are confused.
Also EP1 has never been highly profitable, it follows the same logic as any other BP, except you get no decent product to sell.

EP 2 is slightly better due to the rounding issue... (EP 1 rounds down so you get less per click than on 2 or higher)... for bp drops, welding wire seems to be mostly what EP1 drops, lol. or used to...

Don't craft much but do from time to time... especially if I'm on Rocktropia since ep is nice for that little bar fight instance or some low level critters around CND.

You need to check your BP's, or learn to craft for once....no wonder you are confused.
Also EP1 has never been highly profitable, it follows the same logic as any other BP, except you get no decent product to sell.

haha, you are so clueless about crafting.

On the other hand, sure, teach me how to force those times 100, 200, 500, 1000 multipliers that are needed once every 10000-20000 clicks to get good return. Please, enlighten us on your secret to increase the frequency and size of multipliers. Oh wait, you won't, because you're just talking shit, like always.

Last edited:
EP 2 is slightly better due to the rounding issue... (EP 1 rounds down so you get less per click than on 2 or higher)... for bp drops, welding wire seems to be mostly what EP1 drops, lol. or used to...

Don't craft much but do from time to time... especially if I'm on Rocktropia since ep is nice for that little bar fight instance or some low level critters around CND.

the rounding issue could be easily solved by going slightly towards condition.
There used to be a place where it has been possible to loot lots of basic vehicle servo BPs (peaks at 1k% MU) on EP 1, not sure if it still does however.

Last edited:
the rounding issue could be easily solved by going slightly towards condition.
There used to be a place where it has been possible to loot lots of basic vehicle servo BPs (peaks at 1k% MU) on EP 1, not sure if it still does however.

YEP... I got quite a few of em during the crafting event... to get that type of stuff simply go to a non-regular planet. I used to craft ep on secret island and toulan quite a bit.

haha, you are so clueless about crafting.

On the other hand, sure, teach me how to force those times 100, 200, 500, 1000 multipliers that are needed once every 10000-20000 clicks to get good return. Please, enlighten us on your secret to increase the frequency and size of multipliers. Oh wait, you won't, because you're just talking shit, like always.

Yet i'm the one still crafting in the game and profiting...yip completely clueless.
You can't adapt to the game and whine, while others such as myself adapt, learn and figure out what to do right.

So please go back to your other game and leave the forums, you are just being a big troll.

Not quite the transparency I had in mind - who is the most useless at crafting being thrown back and forth...
Anyway...

If you check monria forum mission section they also post full loot table of each mob with droprate ...

That's a lot more like it. Hopefully, even though a pp doesn't control loot stuff as such, at least maybe MA can't simply come up on a whim and change things on pp mobs after initial setups and pp requests for balancing changes etc. That way, work does not have to keep being redone until at some point the person doing it gives up.
___

I've still not personally looted a ww bp since the vu, by the way, even after crafting ww themselves - how does wiki know when to change from common to rare etc in its info once it is listed at all? I thought at one point people entered tt spend or something when noting a find there, but maybe I was just dreaming, or it was somewhere else...

Yet i'm the one still crafting in the game and profiting...yip completely clueless.
You can't adapt to the game and whine, while others such as myself adapt, learn and figure out what to do right.

like i said, you won't share how you increase the frequency and size of multipliers, because you're just talking shit and you know it.
Yes, you're clueless about crafting, you've shown how little you know several times.

And yes, i'll go back to the other games and spend my money there, because you know, they offer a satisfying and fun gaming experience, that's something EU did too before MA messed up and broke most things with their loot 2.0+ and other experiments...

Last edited:
like i said, you won't share how you increase the frequency and size of multipliers, because you're just talking shit and you know it.
Yes, you're clueless about crafting, you've shown how little you know several times.

And yes, i'll go back to the other games and spend my money there, because you know, they offer a satisfying and fun gaming experience, that's something EU did too before MA messed up and broke most things with their loot 2.0+ and other experiments...

:lolup: What a tool, the incompetence is real in this one. :eyecrazy:

Back