Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This game and the design is a relic of tech past. In the land of AI and computer vision, gaming against 100% humans is impossible. The model will not work much longer, AI is too damn good.

The shame is nothing can really be done, MA cannot fight it. I too loved the challenge of finding these gems and making my player great again. But even the hard cores like us who bother to dig deep realize all to often other groups exploit these.

I have 37 stamina. A lot of these new stamina missions people are hearing about is because I started telling people after I had them completed. I am a mission whore, I will miss completing missions for the sake of it and finding various rewards at the end. Codex kills all motivations for missioning. I have certainly witnessed this effect of teams and players using bots to gain massive advantage 24 hours a day in the course of these missions, I have seen and recorded players teleport while hunting, in order to not get hit on the biggest mobs. This game has a few glaring design flaws, that you only really get the pleasure of witnessing when you actually play as much as these bots do.

Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Great Grand Master Pyro L120+
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - for sale! 7800 start bid
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 600k+ skills

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mr.Droops Rob
    Society
    The Gladiators
    Images
    [Local] ........ cause i dont give a fuck what u do or other do

Contradictio in terminis

language these days pfff but i know i'm getting old
    Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't"

- Bill Nye-

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This game and the design is a relic of tech past. In the land of AI and computer vision, gaming against 100% humans is impossible. The model will not work much longer, AI is too damn good.

The shame is nothing can really be done, MA cannot fight it. I too loved the challenge of finding these gems and making my player great again. But even the hard cores like us who bother to dig deep realize all to often other groups exploit these.

I have 37 stamina. A lot of these new stamina missions people are hearing about is because I started telling people after I had them completed. I am a mission whore, I will miss completing missions for the sake of it and finding various rewards at the end. Codex kills all motivations for missioning. I have certainly witnessed this effect of teams and players using bots to gain massive advantage 24 hours a day in the course of these missions, I have seen and recorded players teleport while hunting, in order to not get hit on the biggest mobs. This game has a few glaring design flaws, that you only really get the pleasure of witnessing when you actually play as much as these bots do.
    As always very well said, I need to spread rep around so +1 and good luck.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    Although what you say about AI and advancedments of bots is surely true, AI and computer vision are not even relevant in the case described, the thing is that MA has systematically enabled easy botting with the introduction of better next target and stopping actions after the mob is dead.
    Suppose it was not acceptable when there were avatars consistently profiting, it has become acceptable now. After all, the attribute bots are losing tt wise to get attributes, which is good from for MA in pure turnover-profit perspective.
    About the players who feel cheated as of that, well they never gave much of a &^*% if there was profit to be made.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills not working for me again as of 2020

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    I will put my possibly controversial opinions here, just some things for people to possibly think about.

1. I wish repeatable attribute missions did not exist but if they are there I may take advantage of them. All of my attributes up until this point have come from non repeatable missions. That may change soon.

2. Some people pay others to play on their account for many hours. Being able to afford this is an advantage others don't have. Fair? It's not against the rules. Others may set up a simple macro on their keyboard just to repeatedly press the interact key. In effect this achieves essentially the same thing. Both players are playing many hours they personally are afk. However the macro is supposedly against the rules (?). I don't see a *real* difference except that the macro might be "rude". If you are against the macro then think about what you are saying, you are saying that for someone to use their wealth to gain the advantage is ok but for someone who does not have that wealth to use their brain instead with a macro/bot is not.

3. People with a lot of money to spend on this game mostly work for it and most don't have a ton of hours to play. Do you want them to play 8 hours per week or 70? Which benefits MA more? To my knowledge no one profits on tt return anymore. What do you think MA's and planet partner's views are on this, *internal* not public?

4. Some people are "semi afk", just pressing the interact key while they are doing something else, at work, watching tv, whatever. These people can look like bots and undoubtedly there have been some false accusations. Please be careful about this.
    Xen Shop ☯ Halloween Ring 2018 | Fi/Ra/Co Dante | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Hedoc Mayhem, Adjusted t4.20 | Robot Cache Strongbox

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    Just for the record

Oratan payback mission on Arkadia , will reward 6 Stamina points among daily skill reward , Agility , Dropship , Unique clothing , and IFN military ranking of General on completion.

I feel this is a very overlooked mission , and probably the best daily skill mission in the game.
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    2. Some people pay others to play on their account for many hours. Being able to afford this is an advantage others don't have. Fair? It's not against the rules. Others may set up a simple macro on their keyboard just to repeatedly press the interact key. In effect this achieves essentially the same thing. Both players are playing many hours they personally are afk. However the macro is supposedly against the rules (?). I don't see a *real* difference except that the macro might be "rude". If you are against the macro then think about what you are saying, you are saying that for someone to use their wealth to gain the advantage is ok but for someone who does not have that wealth to use their brain instead with a macro/bot is not.
    just my couple of cents on this

there is quite a difference between paying for hours and letting your avatar hunt on its own, in terms of cost. both paying for hunting and hunting yourself, you are spending human time to perform the activity which is not a factor (besides writing/testing the bot software) in the other activity

letting an avatar hunt on its own very practically can be and is being done close to 24x7 which no-one has done in the recent years paid hunting history, although it has often been the argument why paid hunting is not ok. the observed behavior is masking the 24x7 activity by switching team names. this is like 2x to 3x more activity than the most active multi-used avatars are able to put in.

there is quite a difference between a repetitive macro (clicker like) e.g. used for crafting / switching target and shooting vs. reading screen and trying to mimic some kind of intelligence, one is essentially a clicker and the other one is a bot. as we know there are avatars who have been banned permanently for the later. what was observed quite in the mentioned cases is that the bot stops its activity on a green dot showing up, which goes beyond the definition of a clicker (and yes can not exclude it is stopped by a human but that contradicts with 24x7)

as mentioned before, the way I see it recent developments of MA seem to enable afk hunting by making it much easier to run by something as simple as a clicker rather than restrict it, and yea with guaranteed tt losses it is a profit for MA - so indeed I am not expecting them to do anything about it
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills not working for me again as of 2020

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    3. People with a lot of money to spend on this game mostly work for it and most don't have a ton of hours to play. Do you want them to play 8 hours per week or 70? Which benefits MA more? To my knowledge no one profits on tt return anymore. What do you think MA's and planet partner's views are on this, *internal* not public?
    If you have 8 hours to play a video game that is the life choices you made. At no point should you use methods to work around this and cheat the game or players that are in front of their screens. No amount money makes it okay to BOT just because you don't have time. To use this logic in this game just because it has a Real money componenet is completely wrong. If you have only 8 hours to play then play those 8 hours honestly and be a legit player. That upholds the integrity of the game.

I love a lot of games would it be fair to use automated systems to play all of them? NO! That would be cheating the players and the game.

This is why some gaming companies like Blizzard I have at least some respect for because there is a really stern policy on cheating and the platform itself can run Anti botting software to do massive Ban waves. If you get caught no exceptions first offense is 6 months next is permanent.

The issue is Entropia's platform and the lack of monitoring it. The automation needs to be removed from hunting and a better platform to remove the abilities to self automate it or BOT. I would remove things like next target or select target from hunting mobs so you actually had to move and play creating a far more engaging hunting experience to immerse into.

Felt like revisiting this thread since Codex got some attention again and the talk of repeatable missions but you know what they are now don't you?
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tar'quin soLO Solenson
    Society
    BlackAngels HQ
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Does the 10k Aurli mission on CP still give 1 Stamina?
    "the Longtooth wave shall be sent to you from above, and then when you grow to love it, it shall be taken from you, so that you may know how insignificant you are" Book of MA, verse 14.7, 2014

10k aurli mission give 1 agility.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3