Entropia Universe 17.1.1 Release Notes

That's Manjaro Linux. Still no excuse why a simple download doesn't work ;)

So why do I need Next Island stuff when I'm 100% Caly? Makes no sense...

It's still not working BTW.

probably because EU still uses internet explorer components by default? :lolup:

fsck your standard browser or URL handler. internet exploder forever! :p

Yeah, I wonder what OS that is?
Looks 20+ years old. Windows or Linux? :)

Hmm, I wonder if that WINE icon means anything... :rolleyes:

On the client loader, under tools -> planet data you can enable/disable content, have you tried disabling NI?

probably because EU still uses internet explorer components by default? :lolup:

fsck your standard browser or URL handler. internet exploder forever! :p

IE is provided as an embeddable OCX on all Windows systems and lazy devs will use that over smth like Chromium Embedded Framework b/c it's easier.

That's Manjaro Linux. Still no excuse why a simple download doesn't work ;)

Try disabling any antiviruses temporarily to download files.

Start EU right-click the white title bar that says "Entripia Universe - Client Loader"
Choose "About ClientLoader..." and it should show ClientLoader Version 17.1.1.166721
Click OK and click "Tools" (button)
Should automatically be in the "Options" (tab)
- "Connection" select something slower like 1.5Mbit (or less)
- Just below that is a slider called "Download thread count" set it to like 4
Now close client loader (click X at top right of its window)

Give it a few seconds then restart and it should show downloading (at least) 465.08 MB
Return about 10 minutes later to see if its worked???

If none of that helped then check settings for your WINE-VM bridged network, also firewall settings, etc.
Are you using a proxy server?
Perhaps try using a VPN Service to change IP address? (ie. NordVPN, CyberGhost, ExpressVPN, IPVanish, etc.)

Try disabling any antiviruses temporarily to download files.

Start EU right-click the white title bar that says "Entripia Universe - Client Loader"
Choose "About ClientLoader..." and it should show ClientLoader Version 17.1.1.166721
Click OK and click "Tools" (button)
Should automatically be in the "Options" (tab)
- "Connection" select something slower like 1.5Mbit (or less)
- Just below that is a slider called "Download thread count" set it to like 4
Now close client loader (click X at top right of its window)

Give it a few seconds then restart and it should show downloading (at least) 465.08 MB
Return about 10 minutes later to see if its worked???

If none of that helped then check settings for your WINE-VM bridged network, also firewall settings, etc.
Are you using a proxy server?
Perhaps try using a VPN Service to change IP address? (ie. NordVPN, CyberGhost, ExpressVPN, IPVanish, etc.)

Thanks for your extensive response, but they don't seem to apply to me. Besides the HTTP-403 means that the server denied the download so I can connect to the server and the file is there. I guess it has to do with the HTTP header the Client Loader (or rather the component behind it) sends to the server. Interestingly enough my bandwidth was reduced already to 1Mbit so I increased it to 10Mbit. No difference.

The only planet checked is Calypso and yet I have files for nearly every planet.

I'm able to download the files (that's some typing...) with a regular browser. So my question would be: does anyone know where the Client Loader stores the downloaded files before it applies it to the actual game files? I mean there has to be a location otherwise it wouldn't be possible to resume a download or restart the Client Loader during an update. I tried several locations without success.

My idea is to move the files there and (hopefully) have the Client Loader move on.

I take it all back, all my fault...

Besides the HTTP-403 means that the server denied the download so I can connect to the server and the file is there.

That's where I was wrong. I took a deep dive and noticed that the response is actually coming from a proxy on my way out... And because the URL contains "banner" it returned that it won't download the file. Now I launch EU without proxy and it's all a smooth experience.

Back