Medusa special assignment

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
Here is Medusa's "special assignment" (which comes as a reward for the daily).

If my math is correct I have calculated 700 PED TT to give.
1220 PED with MU getting the stuff at the best price.
(The Medusa Swamp Pills are currently selling for 4 PED, and I don't think the price is going to go down anytime soon)

To receive about 1k PED of ammo in return.

What's the point ? :scratch:

If I want to lose 220 PED to get ammo/shrap in return, I just have to go hunting... :rolleyes:

It might be interesting if we get a rare item, but seriously, Ammo, really ? :confused:

If someone has 1220 PED of stuff, he'll obviously prefer to sell it to get 1220 PED rather than use it to do a mission that will only bring him 1k PED of ammo back, just making him lose 200+ PED in the process.

Or am I missing something there ?..

medusa_mission.jpg

medusa_mission_reward.jpg

I am also not sure you will get all those ... i think you get any one of those randomly.

It's 700 ped tt for 1000 ped reward. The markup is players' thing so it's not any different from paying 150%+ on L gear and go hunting for 103% MU like many do. There are no laws against stupidity.

I am also not sure you will get all those ... i think you get any one of those randomly.

No, it's all of it.

Do you seriously think MA is evil enough to create a mission where you have to give 700 PED TT of stuff to get 1k Blazar ? ;)

And anyway it would be clearly said this OR that.

It's 700 ped tt for 1000 ped reward. The markup is players' thing so it's not any different from paying 150%+ on L gear and go hunting for 103% MU like many do. There are no laws against stupidity.

That's right.

But MA perfectly knows that everything that is required for the mission have MU.
Whatever if you buy it, or hunt/craft in order to get it, it has MU as a price you could sell it anyway.

So that's why I think it would be better to reward whith an item (pretty unique), or anything which would then have MU too, rather than just ammo/shrap.

Maybe that 50 PED of progress is accounted for with average MU on skills. Then the numbers would match, probably.

That's right.

But MA perfectly knows that everything that is required for the mission have MU.
Whatever if you buy it, or hunt/craft in order to get it, it has MU as a price you could sell it anyway.

So that's why I think it would be better to reward whith an item (pretty unique), or anything which would then have MU too, rather than just ammo/shrap.

Yeah that's a good point, I can get on board with that. It would be nice if the reward was something that could also have mu as opposed just 1k PED ammo.

But mu is a moving target and although the list of things you need add up to 1220 right now, it won't necessarily cost that much still in a couple of months or in a year, just look at upgrade missions. The cost of Generic Nano Adjusters and Mutated Bone pieces have fallen over time. So although it might not be a good deal right now, it could be a good deal later.

Edit: What's that 50 PED progress reward? Is that skills?

Last edited:
What's that 50 PED progress reward? Is that skills?

No, that's progress in the Codex, equivalent to spending 50 PED to kill Calamusoid.

Maybe that 50 PED of progress is accounted for with average MU on skills. Then the numbers would match, probably.

It could possibly be if it was 1k PED of progress.
But 50 PED is roughly equivalent to 25 kills on small Cala, or 15 on big ones, which is very little.

Here is Medusa's "special assignment" (which comes as a reward for the daily).
...am I missing something there ?..

Me too! Great, something else for me not to get my head around today? :eyecrazy:
Have I understood correctly that after doing a daily mission at Medusa I get offered another mission where I kill more stuff and hand in a long list of items, in return for more ammo and codex skill gain as if I had spent 50 peds more on them?
And all this on the market will cost me far more than the ammo I get back, because the Medusa inoculations are currently 4 peds a piece all on their own but with virtually no tt out of the 700ish?

Do we really get asked to hand in everything on the list, or something like 1 gun/weap the mission selects at random? That might lower the cost significantly, but is still a no-deal if 100 inocs are always required.... and if at 2 peds each at some time, then getting the ingredients for them will be so low mu, nobody will do that either!!!

Do I have to become a lot more stupid to 'understand' this, or a lot more intelligent?

It might be interesting if we get a rare item, but seriously, Ammo, really ? :confused:

The fact that MA are giving you more than the TT value is rare in itself.
So lets look at what might happen if a rare/unique item was given instead. Since this mission is available to everyone, that rare/unique item is no longer so. As more people do the mission and get the item, its value drops. It will then get to the point of people desperate to free up their peds, selling the item for less than what it cost to make (think of Adj Resto chip). When i look at it this way, the ammo seems a lot better than some item that may be worthless. If they were giving the exact value of TT in as out, then that would be a different story, but they are technically giving more as MU is decided by players.

Of course that would all depend on what the item is as well....if its useful then spending the ped to get it is worth it.

Well, it has been rare, but consider the recent crafting event, where official orders were buying up stuff at mu too.

This is also them paying us more than tt back and may coincide with some date they secretly set for a change to how the economy works.
One of the big questions now, ofc, is about what our expected tt are now going to be for various activities!!!
Is 80% going to be the new 90%, with us having to do selected missions or whatever to claw back some extra mu that MA have conceded they will pay us themselves?

Even so, how is the player economy supposed to take up economics that are openly stupid?
My head hurts...

What's the point ? :scratch:

Or am I missing something there ?..

there is no point.

you aren't missing anything there.

and to be very honest...

once upon a time, i stupidly got caught into a strange mission, that made me buy a stupid white onesie for 80 dollars or something, and i can't even wear it. because it tends to unequip all my other stuff, go figure...

i can only suggest to think twice, before you finally complete the mission. :laugh:

So lets look at what might happen if a rare/unique item was given instead. Since this mission is available to everyone, that rare/unique item is no longer so. As more people do the mission and get the item, its value drops. It will then get to the point of people desperate to free up their peds, selling the item for less than what it cost to make (think of Adj Resto chip). When i look at it this way, the ammo seems a lot better than some item that may be worthless. If they were giving the exact value of TT in as out, then that would be a different story, but they are technically giving more as MU is decided by players.

Of course that would all depend on what the item is as well....if its useful then spending the ped to get it is worth it.

Well, first I was thinking about item (L) of course. :)

Then, this mission is available to everyone, well... yes and no, because this mission is itself a reward of the daily mission.
That is to say, it comes as a reward in the middle of 5 or 6 others random rewards, and probably with less chances.

I didn't count, but I must have done the daily myself at least 25 times before getting this mission as a "reward".
I wanted to know what was the "special assignment"... Here it is.. :rolleyes:

Then we can see it as a kind of bonus mission, comparable to the daily bonus.

So I don't know what kind of item.
But in any case something that could be sold with MU. (unlike ammo and all the reward)
And this MU would probably be created according to the cost of the mission.

Anyway something usefull, I mean if I want ammo I can buy them at TT.. :yup:
And the 15 tokens, 1k blazar, or even 50 PED Codex progress won't make any difference.

In any case, what I am saying is that in the current state, this mission is useless, and I doubt that anyone would do it.

Does anything has changed?

... paying 150%+ on L gear and go hunting for 103% MU like many do. There are no laws against stupidity.
This is a naive calculation, or more precisely one which applies only to items with all decay and no ammo use, such as old melee weapons or faps. Otherwise, markup gets diluted by its relation between decay and ammo consumption over its lifetime. The Weapon Compare V2 tool on EntropiaWiki shows the exact outcome, and the threshold of stupidity when you play with the inputs. Try it, there are indeed surprises both positive and negative with actual market values of some popular items.

I'm also unsure about the mission above, ignored it so far but since there is renewed interest in another thread, any new insights? I would learn the details from the Wiki but nobody has put it in there yet.

Back