Would you like an ingame auto-screen for Global/HoF ?

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
It's all in the title.

My answer is YES I would like one. :yay:

I think most people take screenshot of their HoF. :woot:
And alot of them don't use, and don't want to use, an external program, so they have to jump on screenshot key, and one need good reflexes to get the swirl.

So why not add one ingame, in options.
Whith choices similar as for the ticker ingame.

For example, you could set it to auto-screenshot every globals OR only HoF OR everything above 1k OR 2k, etc..

I would set it to capture only every HoF, and then it wouldn't work very often. :rolleyes:

Yes please i will love it. For now i use entropiatracker but yea will be good to have in game feature so we rely less on external programs.

As long as it is an option to turn on/off. Some crafting runs are on things that auto global, i dont need a screenshot of each of those...maybe the option have screenshots of those over a certain amount...like how we have with the current ticker?

edit: Oviously i didnt read all of your post as you already said this as an option...so i agree with that :laugh:

Yes that would be really useful, it's a great idea :)

EDIT: There should be an option to remove all GUI components for the screenshot, that way there is no private chat or other sensitive info included in it.

Doesn't worry me. I screenie all mine, but what I like about doing this is that I catch them all at different times and from different angles, depending on how fast I am able to hit PrtScrn, making each one look very different.
It's part, albeit small, of the fun I derive from the game.

EDIT: There should be an option to remove all GUI components for the screenshot, that way there is no private chat or other sensitive info included in it.

There is :) Check the action book

I have it hot-keyed to my "Scroll Lock" button - I mean, who uses "Scroll Lock"?

Last edited:
It's all in the title.

My answer is YES I would like one. :yay:

I think most people take screenshot of their HoF. :woot:
And alot of them don't use, and don't want to use, an external program, so they have to jump on screenshot key, and one need good reflexes to get the swirl.

So why not add one ingame, in options.
Whith choices similar as for the ticker ingame.

For example, you could set it to auto-screenshot every globals OR only HoF OR everything above 1k OR 2k, etc..

I would set it to capture only every HoF, and then it wouldn't work very often. :rolleyes:

If someone can send me a copy of the sort of text that appears in the chat/log files when one HOFs, I could add it to a WIP something I have going on now and then (when I feel like working on it).

It's something I'm doing as part of an unrelated Entropia Project. Basically it auto parses logged game events and "does stuff" assuming there is code to detect/respond to said event.

At the moment I just use it to location stamp screenshots whenever I take them.... oh and it plays the old "death music" too when I die*.... cause you know? I is retro.

Anyhow, could easily add something to auto-screenshot on hof's if someone sends me an example from the log file.

Can't promise anything on time scales to actually get round to it though, I could probably beat MA though... ok so could most snails

Wistrel

* alas, not got anything to turn the screen a tinted red yet... but I have an idea how it might be done...

Last edited:

I have it hot-keyed to my "Scroll Lock" button - I mean, who uses "Scroll Lock"?

I just wish they'd bring back the action book control to JUST turn off the screen icons. I like to have them for rarely used actions (mainly emotes) but want them off 99% of the time. However, since MA wrecked the control system, we've only been able to have ALL UI on or off.

I don't see what was wrong with having 2 options like we used to (one for just the icons, and the other for EVERYTHING).

Wistrel

I'm guessing you do? ;)

I'm guessing you do? ;)

Heh, funny guy :D
I had better go find you an appropriate tune for that other thread.

@Wistrel
I don't see what was wrong with having 2 options like we used to (one for just the icons, and the other for EVERYTHING).

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me :)

I just wish they'd bring back the action book control to JUST turn off the screen icons. I like to have them for rarely used actions (mainly emotes) but want them off 99% of the time. However, since MA wrecked the control system, we've only been able to have ALL UI on or off.

Wistrel

Yes I know that there's a hotkey for it, was just thinking if MA was going to introduce an auto-screenshot feature for when you global/HoF, they should also give people the option to remove GUI elements as well for those screenshots :)

Yes I know that there's a hotkey for it, was just thinking if MA was going to introduce an auto-screenshot feature for when you global/HoF, they should also give people the option to remove GUI elements as well for those screenshots :)

Why not, but if you remove GUI, then no more chat, so no more Global chanel.

I don't want to have to count loot in the left corner to know how much it was.
And I don't even mention people who use loot window.. :)

Why not, but if you remove GUI, then no more chat, so no more Global chanel.

I don't want to have to count loot in the left corner to know how much it was.
And I don't even mention people who use loot window.. :)

So no interruptions... hmm.
But does the GUI-Free mode also get rid of the red text??? :scratch2:

Heh, funny guy :D
I had better go find you an appropriate tune for that other thread.

@Wistrel

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me :)

hehe, I'm full of perfectly reasonable suggestions :D

Like, for example, I suggest Next Island use the £30k they just generated to hire a programmer for a year.

:laugh:

Wistrel

It wasn't me who suggested you didn't know this. It was someone else. I offered to implement the feature for you (external to game) but I'll need a HOF log from your chat log in order to do it (I never HOFd)

Wistrel

PS if the contents of the HOF show up in the chat log, I might be able to pull those out too and do something useful with them (not sure what... csv/spreadsheet format?).

Back