Question: Did MA changed the shrapnel retun when a mob get turretet?

Hero

Old Alpha
Society
Rent a Medic
Elena Elena GAC
Did MA changed the shrapnel retun when a mob get turretet?

Seen today nothing retun in inventory. Did they changed something that was good again to bad?

Seems was a big lag now i have some shrap in inventory back

Last edited:
Maybe this had been the case before, but I just used a newbie fap trying to heal up a little to get a mining claim out. Didn't shoot the mob that killed the first time, and no armor. I got the claim out then revived in a different server where a turret took out an some mobs as I went for the TP. I got a pec of shrapnel out of that.

I always thought you had to be engaged with a mob or targeting it for healing decay to be returned, but it looks like that doesn't need to be the case.

Maybe this had been the case before, but I just used a newbie fap trying to heal up a little to get a mining claim out. Didn't shoot the mob that killed the first time, and no armor. I got the claim out then revived in a different server where a turret took out an some mobs as I went for the TP. I got a pec of shrapnel out of that.

I always thought you had to be engaged with a mob or targeting it for healing decay to be returned, but it looks like that doesn't need to be the case.

Yeah the way this actually works, under the hood so to speak, has never been explained and can be quite confusing.

I don't have all the data at hand to support this but it seems to me that all that is happening is that on MindArks servers, there's a logger which keeps track of defense costs incurred by an avatar and this number is fed to the loot system somehow for every loot event. It needn't matter if it was incurred because of one particular mob or another, the loot system just queries the logger and spits out the defensive cost compensation for each loot event.

So you could say for example, if you had 5 mobs on you all dealing damage to you, all of the defensive costs incurred up to the first loot event will be compensated for at this first opportunity, the first loot event. And then all of the defensive costs incurred after the first loot event, from the remaining 4 mobs, will be compensated when the next mob is looted, etc...

This means you don't need to assign each individual mob an ID to keep track of this stuff and that's the only way it makes sense to me. The only thing that is tracked is how much you spent healing and protecting (with armor), and then that info goes to the loot system, which compensates you for it at the earliest opportunity.

Legends

Yeah the way this actually works, under the hood so to speak, has never been explained and can be quite confusing.

This means you don't need to assign each individual mob an ID to keep track of this stuff and that's the only way it makes sense to me. The only thing that is tracked is how much you spent healing and protecting (with armor), and then that info goes to the loot system, which compensates you for it at the earliest opportunity.

Legends

I doubt it works like that, since it doesn't take into account multipliers. I've gotten global swirls from shared mobs that I didn't shoot but hit me once, along with a couple of pec for my trouble. The way I would do it, would be to create a list of affected avatar id's and costs for each mob once it interacts with players, and send the event along with a multiplier if applied on time of death.

That would also explain how I've gotten codex entries open up while idling - mobs that have hit me but I ignored got eventually killed and the message got sent through the system.

Back