Suggestion: Global auction without planet transport fee´s

ProActive Mango

Stalker
So when is calypso the "hostage taker" gonna end its monopoly?

We need a fluent economy in this game, every player should be able to play where ever whenever he wants and hunt, craft and mine and be able to sell his items just like the other players a.k.a calypso playerbase.
There should not be a disadvantage to put your items on say cyrene. Players should be able to buy and sell without transport fees from all planets and be happy to play!

We should remove the planets from the auctionhouse and only have 1 global auctionhouse with the same fees to buy and sell as we have now but the only diffrence is all loot in the universe is gathered into one single auctionhouse.

the materials and items need to circulate more and players should not be paying planet taxes as it is now, the auctionhouse fees is high as it is, to sell your goods.

space vehicles and space should not be a factor for selling or buying stuff from planets, the game it sell should handle this.

I will love it but will hurt space business and devalue the huge investments people have done. Also will have bad effect on economy some planets drops good amount of certain loot but people there have to take them to caly to sell but if the barrier is removed mu on them will come down.

I have no investments in space and would only benefits from such a change, but if I support this now, who will speak out for me when they decide to remove/nerf the stuff that I do have investments in?

No.

I dont agree with having a global auction, except for this crafting event MA has going. Could they not have put the orders onto the global auction so you could participate on any planet?

Other than that, i think keeping separate auctions is required unless MA are going to do something about recouping investments others have in space.

guess calypso planet will always be the main planet in this game then.
none want change so why dont MA just buy up all other planets and be done with all, remove all future progress of the game.

players should not be involved in ANY auctionhouse stuff. the game needs a global auction.

If all of you are worried about your space stuff, MA should do something else with space so your ships still remain valued.
There are alot of possibility about space, it dont have to be with the actionhouses. that would not be a good move for the avg player.

You can have space mining,hunting. Exploration instances?

Space sucks, just make all planets easily accessable?
The only reason I use space travel services is the speed advantage, it has nothing to do with transporting loot.. I've been flying in space with loot the last few months and haven't met a single pirate.

Space just sucks, and always has. Promises about change and releasing an unfinished product... Sounds familiar? :wise:

If all of you are worried about your space stuff, MA should do something else with space so your ships still remain valued.

Whats funny is, i don't think anyone that responded owns a ship in space other than a regular quad.
We just understand that people have invested a large sum of money into investments in space and you want it to be all taken away. If they fix space and make it better and useful to have ships other than transporting people between planets with loot, then sure they can think about looking at a global auction.....although its a good way to drop MU heavily across the board so i am not quite sure why you think its a great idea.

But until space is fixed/developed, this whole thing should be out of the question.

Whats funny is, i don't think anyone that responded owns a ship in space other than a regular quad.
We just understand that people have invested a large sum of money into investments in space and you want it to be all taken away. If they fix space and make it better and useful to have ships other than transporting people between planets with loot, then sure they can think about looking at a global auction.....although its a good way to drop MU heavily across the board so i am not quite sure why you think its a great idea.

But until space is fixed/developed, this whole thing should be out of the question.

Im sorry I haven't responded we have our own issues in space to deal with.

This topic has been discussed 3535 times and doesn't work with MA's and PP goals. Wanting this is like wanting BUSH to be president of the world. As long as theyre are separate leaders/gov'ts there will be separate economies and needs to be.

It was doable until MA sold off planets.

Im sorry I haven't responded we have our own issues in space to deal with.

This topic has been discussed 3535 times and doesn't work with MA's and PP goals. Wanting this is like wanting BUSH to be president of the world. As long as theyre are separate leaders/gov'ts there will be separate economies and needs to be.

It was doable until MA sold off planets.

if thats is true, i feel sorry for MA and the planet partners. If you cant change that so players have it easier to handle the loot and sell loot MA & Planet partners will have a hamstrung income. let goods and item flow! Make it easier for the avrage joe in this game.

If this cant be done, i cant see a future for this game.

if you read what i say....

i dont want to get rid of the ppl who have invested into space, just change it into something other than handling auctionhouse loot via planets.

Is it true that there is no longer a 100% safe way to move goods between planets? Other than the paid Instant Delivery feature the Auctioneer has?

Space travel really isn't even an issue since the changes they made. They made a huge buffer around planets and space stations. It's like 5 AU of non-lootable space around each planet. I can't tell you the last time I've seen a pirate because it's essentially useless for them at this point. The only chance you have at getting ganked is when you cross the now ridiculously small area of lootable pvp space between planets, and if you do, that's really sad because that means you failed to notice someone following you for 5 AU. If you still don't feel safe moving your goods, then use the daily KISS warps for 10 peds.

Adding a global auction will decrease the MU value of items on exo planets, affect players who have invested in warp services and mother ships, and overall just take away from a key aspect of the game.

IMO space is just this annoying thing I would have to deal with and in turn ignore everything but whats on calypso or in TP range for me to get back like FOMA and CP.

Maybe its time to refund the TT spent on ships for improvements, refund the purchase prices of each ship and allow interplanetary teleporters. Maybe charge a fee for its use for a year or so and split it up with respect to the number of warp jumps each ship made if tracked so they bitch less. I do not talk to anybody on a regular basis who gives the slightest fuck about space. It detracts from the game as a whole and from what I can see only a few care about it.

Universal auction would be good for players and planet partners but MindArk had a fetish with space pirates so...

Space cargo missions, big team hunts on space mobs renting a ship etc etc Mindark could find another use for ships/privaters/quads. So many possibilities if they really wanted.

Why you think some planets thrive to survive? After your play card hit zero the only way is to come back to Calypso to sell loot. This is why everyone keep orbiting Calypso plus the seasonal events on also Caly, you can draw a picture. Maybe this is the way MA wants so their favorite son Calypso will always be the most competitive planet in the galaxy.

Is it true that there is no longer a 100% safe way to move goods between planets? Other than the paid Instant Delivery feature the Auctioneer has?

u made my day :laugh:

the nasty paid Instant Delivery feature the Auctioneer has!!! :lolup:

And thus you have revealed the mechanism in which they are using to pay for things they are phasing out. IE. tier upgrader, etc.

Technically that has always been the only 100% safe way to move goods between planets. That being said, even at the height of piracy, a number of ships were available (mine included) which had so much structural integrity that even a horde of pirates would be unable to sink the ship before the passengers had time to log off.

Last edited:
Hosed. That should be the name of the game. I felt the same way all along the entire what I thought was the commonsensical path. But it was when I bought a store that I really felt Hosed. That same store is for sale now on the AH, BTW. It's so sad to me that this game has SO MUCH potential. It could be one of the greatest games in history. God knows it must have a spot in the top few of the most money spent in gaming.

I look at Star Citizen and see exactly what these MA devs could have done. I see Fortnite and laugh when they have 10,000 players on a single server. I see Bitcoin as the money of the internet and still MA can't get crypto...haha neverdie coin wtf? Dual Universe is another game with the concepts that may as well have come from here. So sad.

The only thing MA has going that others don't is the RCE. And that isn't even close to real. I even think the RCE concept is the thing holding the devs back...back in the 90's. RCE is over rated, IMO, unless you are the saudi princess with so much disposable income your pants have burned right off and you can't go out anyway.

With this coming financial collapse I'm sure the USD is going to the dogs. MA probably isn't even concerned about USD devaluation or possible hyperinflation. What will anyone do then?

It's the other games I want to play now. This one just isn't evolving like it should.

As the owner of one of the strongest ships in space, I am strongly disappointed with MindArk's lack of action regarding the previously promised space missions.
I, along with every other significant investor in Space, would be hosed by the implementation of the features described by the OP.

That being said, I am also an avid player of the Entropia Universe, and right now I see the absence of a free-flowing universal economy is hurting the game as a whole, and has been for a long time. It is holding back the overall economy.

In my opinion some progress is better than no progress, and I have lost hope in MindArk implementing the previously planned space updates. Consequently I agree with the OP, despite the obvious consequences to my own investments.

I got hosed, as an owner of rare high end equipment, when MindArk started raining unL equipment.
I got hosed, as an LA owner, when MindArk released quarterly Mayhem events.
I got hosed again, as an owner of high end equipment, when Loot 2.0 was implemented.
I got hosed, as one who invested hundreds of thousands into tiers, when tier upgrades were changed to recover TT inputs.

As an investor I've been hosed time and time again. Like those who are still here after weathering those storms, I chose to stay and adapt to the new systems implemented. Those of us who stay will continue to adapt as systems continue to change. But we should not leave such a massive handicap untouched simply to protect a small handful of investors who are still around.

indeed, i 100% agree on the adapt or die... but at this stage i rather take a bullet to the head then trying to continue! :eyecrazy:

agreed. It is super annoying to have 20 different auctions.

At least please kill off the dead ones (why does AU have it's own auction :scratch2:).

If i am looking for a particular item i don't want to check each auction for that item. If anything i am more likely to buy from other planets if those items come up in my search.

EU was far better when there was only one planet and one forum. Please start working towards unifying the universe rather than trying to segregate it!

Simplify rather than complicate. So many duplicate items in the world haha.

Back