PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: BOooOoooRING

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See this is the problem with a full RCE system...
    What you're saying is pretty right.
    In fact, you're basically describing the 2.0.

    The problem isn't so much where the game is, if you don't take into account where it comes from.

    I mean, the game in its current state may seems normal for someone who started recently, right after the 2.0 or not long before, and of course taking into account the time he spent on it.
    For someone who started long before, but only played a few weekends here and there, the change will not have the same impact as for someone who invested a lot of time.

    The first thing I regret is that MA didn't clearly describe the change.
    The only thing they said about it was some time after 2.0.
    something like "players who cycled xx PED, enjoyed a 97% return".

    Now we have to interpret that...
    "Enjoyed a 97% return" basically means that from now on, we'll have to be very happy with 97%, because that's the best we can get.

    Because that's what it is.
    It's an average, so we could say some get 50% and some 147%?
    But the facts show that's not true.
    I know a lot of people who lose a lot and very quickly, but I'm still waiting for the only person who will tell me that they win a lot and very quickly (playing).

    Just check the returns of all the people you know, and you will see that they are all the same.
    Because returns are flat as fuck, exactly how I said in OP.


    And besides, the major problem is that you can still lose extravagant amounts of money very quickly while playing.
    And if at the same time you can't win, then there's something really wrong here...

    It's just maths...
    We still get very bad returns, close to 50% sometimes.
    So I'm just wondering where are the 150% returns (or at least 147%).
    Logically, positive returns should be almost inversely proportional to negative returns, and should happen just as often.
    But the way it actually works is very far from that.

    Just to take myself as an example, for almost 3 years with this avatar, I've been playing a lot, almost every day, several hours.
    And over 30 months, I've had 29 negative months and 1 positive month.

    So for me, basically there is something wrong in the way this change was made, without clearly explaining the reality of it.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, I dare to disagree here.

    We are the same retards as they are:

    First of all, if you really want to compare us with these people, then I'd say we're a lot dumber than they are.
    Because at least they have a chance of winning.
    A small chance, that is.
    But at least there's a chance.

    Then if you keep comparing Entropia to a casino, you don't understand how it works.
    The comparison was eventually still possible before the 2.0 , a little bit, but that's absolutely not the case anymore.

    For the simple reason that MA doesn't have the authorization for that, it would then be gambling, and Entropia would be outlawed.

    So if you really want to compare Entropia to a casino, I would say that it is one where each player is only allowed to play on their own slot machine.

    That's why you have no chance to win in the long run, and it's even almost impossible to win in the short run, since the only money that is in the game you play is your own.

    I'm only talking about the TT side of course.
    If the casino allows you to resell your chips at 101% then you may be able to reduce your losses slightly...

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, I dare to disagree here.

    We are the same retards as they are:

    The word you are looking for is ADDICTS


  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a fairly negative reply really and it looks to me when I read it that you are focused on the money side of things.

    It also sounds like the way old farts at work bang on about the good old days when "it were much better" which is code for "we got away with doing feck all and there were lots of freebies and now it's shit because we have to actually earn something"

    You get out what you put in which could be why you are bored. Change your approach, find things to interest you, set a goal.

    And stop with the negative waves Moriarty
    I think the answer to Jambon right before is valid for that, too.

    About me that would be focused on the money side of things, well probably.
    Because that what Entropia was about mostly.
    This is a RCE.
    Now if MA want to forget about this, and try to change it to be just a fun game as any others MMO, it will failed for sure.
    Unless they make it impossible to loose more than $20/month, as any others MMO.


    And I'll just add that the people you call "old farts", I call them experienced people, or people with experience.

    They're actually more experienced than you, they lived in the past, and they're still living in the present, so they can compare both.
    Which you can't do if you don't have past experience.
    So I think if they tell you it was better before, maybe it's not nostalgia.
    Maybe it's just true.


    And about "stopping the negatives vibes", that's all I ask.

    As with any subject, I'm just trying to be realistic.
    So if the reality is disappointing, the statement is disappointing, if it's positive, the statement will be positive.

    I'm not grumbling for the sake of grumbling.
    But hoping that it has an impact to change things in a positive way.

    Moreover, I am far from being the only one thinking what I think.
    A lot of people completely agree with what I'm saying.

    By the way, I take this opportunity to thank people for their +rep, and their private messages saying that they agree with what I say in this thread or in others.

    But I think it would be much more productive and efficient to write it directly in the thread, so that people realize that I'm far from being alone in thinking this way.
    Some people would realize this, and why not MA at the same time...

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [siren sounding in the background]

    "...........Warning, incoming shit-post reply detected..........."


    You are welcome to continue making a fool of yourself here, as much as you want, by showing everyone you have no argument.

    By the way, they can also look at your tracker (as I just did), to see that I was totaly right about you, and that you have no legitimacy to talk about the game from a player's point of view.
    In more than 10 years, 16k PED total tracker, with a highest loot at 10k... No comment.

    You're just a perfect example of what I'm trying to describe.
    A person who makes money out of Entropia through lands, trading and deeds.

    And tells anyone who'll listen that it's okay to lose money by "playing"...

    So thank you for that.

  6. #36
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,779
    Images
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all, if you really want to compare us with these people, then I'd say we're a lot dumber than they are.
    Because at least they have a chance of winning.
    A small chance, that is.
    But at least there's a chance.

    Then if you keep comparing Entropia to a casino, you don't understand how it works.
    The comparison was eventually still possible before the 2.0 , a little bit, but that's absolutely not the case anymore.

    For the simple reason that MA doesn't have the authorization for that, it would then be gambling, and Entropia would be outlawed.

    So if you really want to compare Entropia to a casino, I would say that it is one where each player is only allowed to play on their own slot machine.

    That's why you have no chance to win in the long run, and it's even almost impossible to win in the short run, since the only money that is in the game you play is your own.

    I'm only talking about the TT side of course.
    If the casino allows you to resell your chips at 101% then you may be able to reduce your losses slightly...

    Well, I think I do know entropia pretty well and yes, hunting mobs IS a slotmachine. The casino house takes a rake, same as MA does. So I think that comparison works very well.

    Playing slots can make you win, but on the long run you will lose.
    Hunting in Entropia can make you win, but on the long run you will lose.

    But the difference is, the tokens you can win don't all have the same value, unlike in a casino.

  7. #37
    I just like it too look it like this

    Project Entropia felt like Entropia Universe. Entropia Universe feels like Project Entropia.

  8. #38
    Alpha Larry's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    England
    Avatar
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    508
    Images
    4
    I know I'm flogging a dead horse here, but here we go..........


    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are welcome to continue making a fool of yourself here, as much as you want, by showing everyone you have no argument.
    Thank you, I will.


    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, they can also look at your tracker (as I just did), to see that I was totaly right about you, and that you have no legitimacy to talk about the game from a player's point of view.
    In more than 10 years, 16k PED total tracker, with a highest loot at 10k... No comment.
    If you know so much about me ~ Cirrus ~, you would know that I am a social player - so I prefer to hunt in teams and in groups for shared loot mobs like Sand King etc. In any case, I think the "I spend more than you so ha!" argument is a little pointless and childish to be honest.


    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're just a perfect example of what I'm trying to describe.
    A person who makes money out of Entropia through lands, trading and deeds.
    I love this game and I played in a normal 'regular depositor' way for over a decade before I decided to invest in a Land Area because I thought I could add value to the community with the events I run. What's wrong with that?

    IF you think I'm doing so well and IF you're so keen to 'make money' out of Entropia, why don't you look to invest in deeds rather than ammo? Just saying.


    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "And tells anyone who'll listen that it's okay to lose money by "playing"... "
    Do you have a Netflix subscription? For the sake of argument, let's say you do. Would you pay your $5 a month for 1 month to watch movies they had created for your enjoyment then call up Netflix and say "I've watched your movies from start to finish - but I still found them really BOooOoooRING and I'm really annoyed that you haven't paid me $10 for watching them!"

    See my point?

    If you wanted to make money from Netflix, you'd have to add value in some way - such as refer friends and earn a commission or save up and buy shares in the company. You don't make money from just consuming their content - BUT, that doesn't mean that paying for a Netflix subscription is bad. The vast majority of people just want to pay their subscription fee and enjoy the content. That's what I do. What's wrong with that?

    Entropia is no different from this. If you think you're spending too much. Use a smaller weapon and hunt smaller mobs, or hunt bigger mobs but less frequently. It's fine. Just fit your budget accordingly.
    Last edited by Larry; 03-20-2020 at 16:12.

  9. #39
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,779
    Images
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    By the way, they can also look at your tracker (as I just did), to see that I was totaly right about you, and that you have no legitimacy to talk about the game from a player's point of view.
    In more than 10 years, 16k PED total tracker, with a highest loot at 10k... No comment.

    You're just a perfect example of what I'm trying to describe.
    A person who makes money out of Entropia through lands, trading and deeds.

    And tells anyone who'll listen that it's okay to lose money by "playing"...

    So thank you for that.

    this is such a lame reaction.
    To judge based on the tracker.

    So, someone who spends 1000$ per month to get 1millon on the tracker knows the game better than someone who doesn't deposit but manages to make a profit??

    Sorry cirrus, but now you're contradicting yourself.

    you're just saying entropia is more than a casino.
    Indeed, making money from lands, deeds, trading, now THAT's entropia!

    Just grinding mobs is for those folks who don't understand Entropia.

  10. #40
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    1,036
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just check the returns of all the people you know, and you will see that they are all the same.
    The real problem with this logic is that most people either don't track their returns properly or don't know how (meaning they think they track corrrectly but are not).

    An example (there are many others) - Majority will check their ped card before and then after and not take into account the fact that they converted some shrapnel in the middle of the hunt.

    So you can't really trust the answers from those you know unless you are actually tracking their results for them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook