BOooOoooRING

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
That's exactly what I said to myself today while I was hunting.

It's not a new feeling.
I've been bored with the game for a few months now, wondering what's the point of...

But now I'm getting to the point where I think it's an absolute waste of time and money. :(

What's that because of ?

Well I have to tell this weekend I lost 2500 PED by hunting big mobs for a few hours at Monria's event... It doesn't help to be happy.. :rolleyes:

But most of all, it's an old feeling due to the flatness of the loot. :zzz:
Returns are flat as fuck.
Nothing good ever happens, ever. :computer:

Everything is planned, everything is calculated, no randomness, absolutely nothing to surprise us.
You hunt small mobs, you lose a little.
You hunt medium mobs, you lose medium.
You hunt big mobs, you lose a lot.
End of story.
Where are the big loot ? Where are the big HoFs ? Where are the ATH ?

Also, MA does a lot for the "trading platform" side of EU.
So "investors" are probably happy, they will be able to deposit $750k again now thanks to the new deeds.. :deal:

So investors are happy, and MA is happy.
But what's left for the players !? :scratch:
By the way, are there any PLAYERS left ? Or maybe I'm the last one ? :poke:

I am BORED...

I play a lot, every day, but now I wonder... why..? :confused:

So to those of you who have read this, the players (not the investors or traders), I ask you;

What are you holding on to ?
What keeps you playing ?

:tiphat:

Life on Earth is boring. Just like you said about the game, Earth is the same:

Everything is planned, everything is calculated, no randomness, absolutely nothing to surprise us.

Life on Calypso is far preferable, despite days of poor loot :)

If playing is as boring as real life, then what's the point of being in-game?

I don't see how you can relate that sentence to real life, which for me is the exact opposite.
I'm sorry if you think life is so boring.

I, for one, have never known boredom in my life, not for a second.
Even if I just sit around doing nothing, I don't know how to be bored.
Life abounds with concepts, it is really entropic, and the amount of new things to learn every minute is infinite.

It can happen that I find one thing boring, a movie for example, if that's the case I stop it before the end and watch another one.

Unlike a movie that is already finished, Entropia is in constant evolution, which allows you to hope for better and better...

I am BORED...

Now, imagine doing this for 15 years...

Maybe change planets?

Or take a break?

But yeah, this game is ultimately boring.
You just need goals to keep going on.

I'm done at calypso.
No more long term goals there. Just lame codex.
Now at cyrene, doing the dailies to get my 500 faction badges, 5 per day.
Probably useless, but at least I got a goal to work to.

1 hour a day, keeps the doctor away!

Now, imagine doing this for 15 years...

I actually started playing this game in 2006.

You just need goals to keep going on.

My main goal was to skill-up enough to be effective in PvP, as I think it's one of the few really fun things in this game.
But PvP is completely dead, and MA doesn't care, as it probably doesn't make them enough money, and money is the only thing that motivates them.

Last edited:
I got my first tower at the same event

xx

Yes, and how much did you pay for this ?

I mean, how many times did you lose the amount of that tower before you got it ?
And how many times are you going to lose it again after that ?

That's the problem, I was playing this game long before 2.0, where you'd see 20k PEDs dropping from the Trox young every week for example, and alot of real big loots..
You could win TT, I know it cause I did it long time ago.

Now the only thing you can hope for is to "earn" a small part of the money you lost before...

Basically, they take 100 PED a day from you, and then after 2 months they drop a 3k PED HoF, which is actually half of what you lost, and people are happy with that because it makes light !? :woot:

It's genius... Or is it something else..?

Hi ~ Cirrus ~

Just to cover some of your points:

BOooOoooRING

Also ~ Cirrus ~

I, for one, have never known boredom in my life, not for a second.

.............awesome. :duh:

It's called providing a service. :)

I seriously don't understand how people can get bored in EU. Yes, you may get bored if you keep doing the same thing, but if you're bored with it - try something new. You can always try hunting new mobs, mining or crafting new things (and have either in-game mission and/or personal goals and specialties etc), or maybe something completely different like:

• Running a shop
  • Explorer
  • In-game photographer/YouTuber/Streamer
  • Start a society (range of professions here from helping n00bs to professional hunt groups with special events)
  • In-game rare items collector (maybe even put items on display as I kind of art studio)
  • Healing in sweat circles (I like doing this ;))
  • Run a fashion competition
  • Have hunting/mining competitions with your buddies, etc
  • Be a social butterfly and just log on and chat to people in your FL

I mean there's loads of little intricacies tied to the main professions and what I've listed above - you just need a bit of imagination.

At the end of the day EU is a 'Universe' - a virtual playground for you to have fun in. Yes, there are set things for people to do, but there are also other things to try out as well. Mix it up a bit.

Yes, by 'playing the game' the vast majority of people will 'lose' as you put it (or 'spend money on a fun service' as I would put it), but if most people didn't 'lose' then there would be nothing to play as MA would have gone out of business and EU wouldn't exist any more.

When I hunt and mine etc, I fully expect to lose overall - and that's fine. I do it because it's fun. If I get a win in the process, then awesome, but I'm not 'expecting' it. When I get bored of doing a particular thing, I just stop and do something else. I suggest you do the same. :cool:

Last edited:
Unlike a movie that is already finished, Entropia is in constant evolution, which allows you to hope for better and better...

AH YOU nailed it right here. MA sold us the hype one day, long ago, and that became the business model.

Stale AF is the word you are saying. I agree with you too about RL. Boredom is not a thing. Not now. Not ever.

Unlike the world economy, which is the exact same scheme(ponzi?), Stale AF is about to turn into SHTF. Maybe MA has plans to hyperinflate the PED?

The game, conceptually, is brilliant. The current reality royally sucks and is headed down very bad path imo.

What is left in Common/Semi-Rare/Rare loot now? You can finally kill spiders/segs/Etc. with all those skills? Big grats! Here’s some crappy low % MU for you and don’t count on that ESI or UL item unless you find lottery type luck. ATH you ask?? That’s for crafters, how dare you ask for that when hunting!

The common hunter, which is probably the biggest player base, has really nothing to chase after outside of farming boxes during mayhems. It’s why when FEN came around, everyone and their mom were out there shooting. People want to chase the thrill. They should have dragged out FEN for 2 years, at least my hunting today could still have a chance to loot something cool.

If MA would just create something exciting in loot, your boredom would cease. I mean MA, you have ALL those LA’s and in-game estate items that you own now. Maybe make something show up in loot like share deeds to those LA’s or even claim tokens for something that can be redeemed after 100 are collected. Thrill=fun=deposits. That’s what literally MADE this game survive in the early years. That’s what will turn the boredom off and the depo/fun switch on. My 2 pecs.

Last edited:
asking players to participate in suggestions and ideas ... like the AMA ... goes a long ways to establishing player interest...and involvement in developement would help with IDEAS... you know we can't depend on the president to make this a better place... it really needs to be us

Try mentoring a disciple. Really helps remind you of all the things you love about EU. Also slows down the loss of peds :lolup:

If playing is as boring as real life, then what's the point of being in-game?

That's not what I was implying. Apologies if it came across that way.

I'm never bored ingame. Sure, I end up doing the same things ingame over time, but it's never boring.
Maybe it's just me. Maybe I just derive a different sense of pleasure from the game, compared to so many others these days.

Earthbound life for me is mundane, at times dangerous but always predictable. Given the work I have been involved in over many years, I guess being ingame offers (still) that escapism and distraction needed to counter this.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

There's a lot of jaded and upset people here on the board. Way more than when I was last properly playing 12-14 years ago. Sad to see.

.............awesome. :duh:

Read it a few more times, and I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually...
Let's just say it's because of my bad English...

Like this for example
It can happen that I find one thing boring, a movie for example, if that's the case I stop it before the end and watch another one.

Besides, if you re-read it, you'll also see that the question wasn't meant for you...
So to those of you who have read this, the players (not the investors or traders), I ask you;

Since you've invested a lot of money in the game, you're going to defend it at all costs, even if you pretend not to understand the subject, or even say something completely wrong.

It's called providing a service. :)

Indeed that's what EU is doing now, since it's become nothing else than a trading platform.

When I hunt and mine etc, I fully expect to lose overall - and that's fine. I do it because it's fun. If I get a win in the process, then awesome, but I'm not 'expecting' it.

You can't be serious when you say that...
And either you're lying, or we don't have the same definition of the word "fun".

If Entropia was just a simple video game, made for fun only, then it would cost $10 or $20 a month like all other games.

But it is possible to lose 250$ in a weekend, and even more than that, and much faster.
And the reason people accept this is because they believe that it's also possible to make money, at least as much and as fast as you can lose it.

This was still true before 2.0.
And what worries me a lot is that I have the impression that it's no longer possible.

So if someone is letting you believe that you can win, in order to deliberately make you take risks, this has a name that I'll let you guess...

One thing's for sure, Entropia isn't just for fun.
And you won't make anyone believe that someone who deposits hundreds of dollars a month, or invests thousands does it for the "fun" of loosing it by endlessly drop probes or kill monsters.
No one would believe this... :rolleyes:

Try mentoring a disciple. Really helps remind you of all the things you love about EU. Also slows down the loss of peds :lolup:

5 of my disciples already finished it.
I think they were pretty happy whith my help.

I already remind what I loved about EU, it was called Project Entropia, it was a totally different game.

asking players to participate in suggestions and ideas ... like the AMA ... goes a long ways to establishing player interest...and involvement in developement would help with IDEAS... you know we can't depend on the president to make this a better place... it really needs to be us

I posted this in another thread, I'll paste it here too.
For a remind of where we come from here..
Because in order to know where you're going, you have to know where you're coming from. :)

Given that Entropia Universe is an online experience much of the development of the system is based on what the Entropia participants want and desire.

Marco Behrmann.
May 2007.

Read it a few more times, and I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually...
Let's just say it's because of my bad English...

Like this for example

Besides, if you re-read it, you'll also see that the question wasn't meant for you...

Since you've invested a lot of money in the game, you're going to defend it at all costs, even if you pretend not to understand the subject, or even say something completely wrong.

Indeed that's what EU is doing now, since it's become nothing else than a trading platform.

You can't be serious when you say that...
And either you're lying, or we don't have the same definition of the word "fun".

If Entropia was just a simple video game, made for fun only, then it would cost $10 or $20 a month like all other games.

But it is possible to lose 250$ in a weekend, and even more than that, and much faster.
And the reason people accept this is because they believe that it's also possible to make money, at least as much and as fast as you can lose it.

This was still true before 2.0.
And what worries me a lot is that I have the impression that it's no longer possible.

So if someone is letting you believe that you can win, in order to deliberately make you take risks, this has a name that I'll let you guess...

One thing's for sure, Entropia isn't just for fun.
And you won't make anyone believe that someone who deposits hundreds of dollars a month, or invests thousands does it for the "fun" of loosing it by endlessly drop probes or kill monsters.
No one would believe this... :rolleyes:

If you don't like what Entropia has become, just leave and do something else. No problem. :)

If you don't like what Entropia has become, just leave and do something else. No problem. :)

it's exactly this bullsh1t mentality that brought EU down to it's current level - because one day they WILL leave and do something else, no problem.

It's not a new feeling.
I've been bored with the game for a few months now, wondering what's the point of...

But now I'm getting to the point where I think it's an absolute waste of time and money. :(

What's that because of ?

Well I have to tell this weekend I lost 2500 PED by hunting big mobs for a few hours at Monria's event... It doesn't help to be happy.. :rolleyes:

But most of all, it's an old feeling due to the flatness of the loot. :zzz:
Returns are flat as fuck.
Nothing good ever happens, ever. :computer:

You hunt small mobs, you lose a little.
You hunt medium mobs, you lose medium.
You hunt big mobs, you lose a lot.
End of story.
Where are the big loot ? Where are the big HoFs ? Where are the ATH ?

Also, MA does a lot for the "trading platform" side of EU.
So "investors" are probably happy, they will be able to deposit $750k again now thanks to the new deeds.. :deal:

So investors are happy, and MA is happy.
But what's left for the players !? :scratch:
By the way, are there any PLAYERS left ? Or maybe I'm the last one ? :poke:

I am BORED...

I play a lot, every day, but now I wonder... why..? :confused:

What are you holding on to ?
What keeps you playing ?

:tiphat:

With you completely on this... whilst playing the most expensive game in the world I find myself bored and asking what is the point to this at all?

With you completely on this... whilst playing the most expensive game in the world I find myself bored and asking what is the point to this at all?

in all games where alot of grinding is involved, one could ask or be asked this kind of question. and yes, the question is fully legit - why finish a single mission in EU, when gameplay isn't enjoyable and fulfilling? where did we lose our minds, especially in this universe?

Last edited:
I agree, but I do not think its a games fault. Entropia was always like this, however at a certain point it gets too boring. Its too outdated, there are loads games that provides you more entertainment.

I do login from time to time still, but to stay more than 5 minutes online I need to have a half year break to make it again entertaining for another half year, and then the circle repeats... :)

I agree, but I do not think its a games fault. Entropia was always like this,

Exactly this.

It's always been a boring grind fest.
The big difference is that 15 years ago it was all new for us and thus exciting.
That part is gone now and excitement changed to boredom.

But, we're still here... :scratch2:

Aren't we a bunch of retards?! :laugh:

it's exactly this bullsh1t mentality that brought EU down to it's current level - because one day they WILL leave and do something else, no problem.

It's indeed a bad mentality, and a dishonest answer.
But I sure didn't expect any better.. :rolleyes:

As I have already tried to explain, EU is becoming more and more a trading platform and less and less a game.
So it's putting players and investors/traders more and more in conflict, and EU is becoming a PvT or PvI or PvIT.

And I think we've gone past the 50/50 mark, and it's already more of a trading platform than a game.
In many ways, but mainly by the fact that it is 1000 times easier to "win" by investing or trading (so without playing) than by playing.

Players already don't like traders in general, but it's going to get worse and worse.

And yes, I know that trade is somehow an integral part of the game since the beginning.
I don't talk about hunter who try to sell his loot for better prices for sure..
I'm talking mostly about people who only trade, or are only owners of big stack of Deeds for example, and who are barely taking the risk of playing, and so don't take part in the ingame economy other than by taking money from it.

So these investors/traders have no choice but to let people believe that it is perfectly normal to lose all their money while playing, or that it is still fully possible to win. :deal:

And when they don't have any valid argument, they will answer "if you don't like the game, leave it".
This could be translated as follows:
"Please stop talking like that on the forum, it's not good for my business.
Let people lose in peace, this money isn't lost on everyone..." :yup:

Exactly this.

It's always been a boring grind fest.
The big difference is that 15 years ago it was all new for us and thus exciting.
That part is gone now and excitement changed to boredom.

But, we're still here... :scratch2:

Aren't we a bunch of retards?! :laugh:

We are not a bunch of retards.
Well I hope (who knows) :dunce:

Anyway, it comes from the fact that we spent ALOT of TIME in this "game" already.

Some of us have been playing this game for years.
10 or 15 years is a good part of our focking lives ! :yup:

You can't forget that.
And we have a right to be disappointed when changes are made along the way that don't go at all in the direction you expected.

It's a huge investment, and in my opinion bigger than any amount of money, and one that MA would do well to take seriously.

Cause there's nothing in the world more precious than time. :wise:

I mean, how many times did you lose the amount of that tower before you got it ?

That's the problem, I was playing this game long before 2.0, where you'd see 20k PEDs dropping from the Trox young every week for example, and alot of real big loots..

Now the only thing you can hope for is to "earn" a small part of the money you lost before...

Basically, they take 100 PED a day from you, and then after 2 months they drop a 3k PED HoF, which is actually half of what you lost, and people are happy with that because it makes light !? :woot:

See this is the problem with a full RCE system. No matter how you play with the numbers you simply can't pay out more TT than you take in while still being able to make a profit. End of story.

The sustainability of Entropia is balanced on the edge of a knife trying to make everyone just happy enough to not leave and keep depositing. Or at least to keep people losing their existing peds so they can move that money from the liability column to the profit column on their balance sheet.

Back in the day (2006-2008?) there was a seemingly endless reservoir of players signing up and pumping in cash. MA didn't give a crap about people complaining of 30% returns as there were plenty of other wallets happily paying every day.

Now, the player base has dropped off significantly and MA has no choice but to try to retain their niche following of existing and new players to keep the lights on. The biggest way to do this was to balance returns to such a point that less people were rage quitting over 30% returns while trying to get those big fat 25,000 ped+ HoFs.

They've realized that you don't need to offer a 25,000 ped HoF regularly to keep the majority of people pumping the quarters in chasing the dream. By simply giving a steady 90% return and dropping a few 3000-4000 ped HoFs a day with a 5 figure drop once a month it's more than enough of a carrot to keep the average player paying.

Bottom line, the game gets dull as there is zero focus on gameplay outside the cash-cow activities. Returns are blah but that's enough to keep people playing. At the end of the day, everyone (except the 100% business driven or lucky poster avatars) lose it all as you simply can't pay out more than you get in a RCE.

That's a fairly negative reply really and it looks to me when I read it that you are focused on the money side of things.

It also sounds like the way old farts at work bang on about the good old days when "it were much better" which is code for "we got away with doing feck all and there were lots of freebies and now it's shit because we have to actually earn something"

You get out what you put in which could be why you are bored. Change your approach, find things to interest you, set a goal.

And stop with the negative waves Moriarty

That's a fairly negative reply really and it looks to me when I read it that you are focused on the money side of things.

It also sounds like the way old farts at work bang on about the good old days when "it were much better" which is code for "we got away with doing feck all and there were lots of freebies and now it's shit because we have to actually earn something"

You get out what you put in which could be why you are bored. Change your approach, find things to interest you, set a goal.

And stop with the negative waves Moriarty

[siren sounding in the background]

"...........Warning, incoming shit-post reply detected..........."

:laugh:

Back