PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: BOooOoooRING

  1. #11
    Prowler Aloisius's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Fort Fury
    Avatar
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    1,292
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlike a movie that is already finished, Entropia is in constant evolution, which allows you to hope for better and better...
    AH YOU nailed it right here. MA sold us the hype one day, long ago, and that became the business model.

    Stale AF is the word you are saying. I agree with you too about RL. Boredom is not a thing. Not now. Not ever.

    Unlike the world economy, which is the exact same scheme(ponzi?), Stale AF is about to turn into SHTF. Maybe MA has plans to hyperinflate the PED?

  2. #12
    Guardian
    Joined
    Apr 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Avatar
    Madmartigan Maxell Maximus
    Society
    Team Fire Forge
    Posts
    316
    Images
    6
    The game, conceptually, is brilliant. The current reality royally sucks and is headed down very bad path imo.

    What is left in Common/Semi-Rare/Rare loot now? You can finally kill spiders/segs/Etc. with all those skills? Big grats! Here’s some crappy low % MU for you and don’t count on that ESI or UL item unless you find lottery type luck. ATH you ask?? That’s for crafters, how dare you ask for that when hunting!

    The common hunter, which is probably the biggest player base, has really nothing to chase after outside of farming boxes during mayhems. It’s why when FEN came around, everyone and their mom were out there shooting. People want to chase the thrill. They should have dragged out FEN for 2 years, at least my hunting today could still have a chance to loot something cool.

    If MA would just create something exciting in loot, your boredom would cease. I mean MA, you have ALL those LA’s and in-game estate items that you own now. Maybe make something show up in loot like share deeds to those LA’s or even claim tokens for something that can be redeemed after 100 are collected. Thrill=fun=deposits. That’s what literally MADE this game survive in the early years. That’s what will turn the boredom off and the depo/fun switch on. My 2 pecs.
    Last edited by Madmartigan; 03-17-2020 at 17:30.

  3. #13
    Prowler Aloisius's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Fort Fury
    Avatar
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    1,292
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    28
    asking players to participate in suggestions and ideas ... like the AMA ... goes a long ways to establishing player interest...and involvement in developement would help with IDEAS... you know we can't depend on the president to make this a better place... it really needs to be us

  4. #14
    Stalker
    Joined
    May 2010
    Location
    OR, USA
    Avatar
    BB BB Punisher
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    2,010
    Images
    101
    Try mentoring a disciple. Really helps remind you of all the things you love about EU. Also slows down the loss of peds

  5. #15
    Prowler TSCRYPTO's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Location
    A stone's throw away from Antarctica
    Avatar
    TS TSEC CRYPTO
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    1,593
    Images
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroobanzai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If playing is as boring as real life, then what's the point of being in-game?
    That's not what I was implying. Apologies if it came across that way.

    I'm never bored ingame. Sure, I end up doing the same things ingame over time, but it's never boring.
    Maybe it's just me. Maybe I just derive a different sense of pleasure from the game, compared to so many others these days.

    Earthbound life for me is mundane, at times dangerous but always predictable. Given the work I have been involved in over many years, I guess being ingame offers (still) that escapism and distraction needed to counter this.

    Different strokes for different folks I guess.

    There's a lot of jaded and upset people here on the board. Way more than when I was last properly playing 12-14 years ago. Sad to see.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .............awesome.
    Read it a few more times, and I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually...
    Let's just say it's because of my bad English...

    Like this for example
    It can happen that I find one thing boring, a movie for example, if that's the case I stop it before the end and watch another one.
    Besides, if you re-read it, you'll also see that the question wasn't meant for you...
    So to those of you who have read this, the players (not the investors or traders), I ask you;
    Since you've invested a lot of money in the game, you're going to defend it at all costs, even if you pretend not to understand the subject, or even say something completely wrong.

    It's called providing a service.
    Indeed that's what EU is doing now, since it's become nothing else than a trading platform.

    When I hunt and mine etc, I fully expect to lose overall - and that's fine. I do it because it's fun. If I get a win in the process, then awesome, but I'm not 'expecting' it.
    You can't be serious when you say that...
    And either you're lying, or we don't have the same definition of the word "fun".

    If Entropia was just a simple video game, made for fun only, then it would cost $10 or $20 a month like all other games.

    But it is possible to lose 250$ in a weekend, and even more than that, and much faster.
    And the reason people accept this is because they believe that it's also possible to make money, at least as much and as fast as you can lose it.

    This was still true before 2.0.
    And what worries me a lot is that I have the impression that it's no longer possible.

    So if someone is letting you believe that you can win, in order to deliberately make you take risks, this has a name that I'll let you guess...

    One thing's for sure, Entropia isn't just for fun.
    And you won't make anyone believe that someone who deposits hundreds of dollars a month, or invests thousands does it for the "fun" of loosing it by endlessly drop probes or kill monsters.
    No one would believe this...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BBpunisher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try mentoring a disciple. Really helps remind you of all the things you love about EU. Also slows down the loss of peds
    5 of my disciples already finished it.
    I think they were pretty happy whith my help.

    I already remind what I loved about EU, it was called Project Entropia, it was a totally different game.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloisius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    asking players to participate in suggestions and ideas ... like the AMA ... goes a long ways to establishing player interest...and involvement in developement would help with IDEAS... you know we can't depend on the president to make this a better place... it really needs to be us
    I posted this in another thread, I'll paste it here too.
    For a remind of where we come from here..
    Because in order to know where you're going, you have to know where you're coming from.

    Given that Entropia Universe is an online experience much of the development of the system is based on what the Entropia participants want and desire.
    Marco Behrmann.
    May 2007.

  9. #19
    Alpha Larry's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    England
    Avatar
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    508
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read it a few more times, and I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually...
    Let's just say it's because of my bad English...

    Like this for example

    Besides, if you re-read it, you'll also see that the question wasn't meant for you...

    Since you've invested a lot of money in the game, you're going to defend it at all costs, even if you pretend not to understand the subject, or even say something completely wrong.



    Indeed that's what EU is doing now, since it's become nothing else than a trading platform.



    You can't be serious when you say that...
    And either you're lying, or we don't have the same definition of the word "fun".

    If Entropia was just a simple video game, made for fun only, then it would cost $10 or $20 a month like all other games.

    But it is possible to lose 250$ in a weekend, and even more than that, and much faster.
    And the reason people accept this is because they believe that it's also possible to make money, at least as much and as fast as you can lose it.

    This was still true before 2.0.
    And what worries me a lot is that I have the impression that it's no longer possible.

    So if someone is letting you believe that you can win, in order to deliberately make you take risks, this has a name that I'll let you guess...

    One thing's for sure, Entropia isn't just for fun.
    And you won't make anyone believe that someone who deposits hundreds of dollars a month, or invests thousands does it for the "fun" of loosing it by endlessly drop probes or kill monsters.
    No one would believe this...


    If you don't like what Entropia has become, just leave and do something else. No problem.

  10. #20
    Prowler theProphet's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Austria / Vienna
    Avatar
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Posts
    1,240
    Images
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you don't like what Entropia has become, just leave and do something else. No problem.
    it's exactly this bullsh1t mentality that brought EU down to it's current level - because one day they WILL leave and do something else, no problem.
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook