Any statement from MA regarding covid-19 / corona?

Status

MarcusLucius

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Marcus Luma Lucius
serious question:
our government did a partial shut down this monday. allmost all businesses are closed or working from homeoffice.
our stockmarket got hit bad.

@mindark: is anything similar planned in swe? whats your plans if sh*t hits the fan?

serious question:
our government did a partial shut down this monday. allmost all businesses are closed or working from homeoffice.
our stockmarket got hit bad.

@mindark: is anything similar planned in swe? whats your plans if sh*t hits the fan?

https://www.thelocal.se/20200317/how-has-the-coronavirus-outbreak-changed-daily-life-in-sweden

Pretty much the same as the rest of Europe.

Ironically, when people cant go to bars, cinemas, restaurants, nightclubs and have to stay in....
Entropia should do well.

One unpleasant consequence the AUD is now buying less than .60c USD. And I will bet since Australia seems to be far to reliant on China now, the situation will get worse.

Depositing will become expensive. God what if things end up as 1 AUD = 1 PED

One unpleasant consequence the AUD is now buying less than .60c USD. And I will bet since Australia seems to be far to reliant on China now, the situation will get worse.

Depositing will become expensive. God what if things end up as 1 AUD = 1 PED

Yeah, it's a mess. Time to start sweating and foraging for fruit and dung again.

(I like the artwork used for your signature banner, btw).

All I know is I am watching Sweden and despite the differences I have with MA, hope they stay safe. Sweden is the 2nd worst in all of Europe for the ability to deal with this crisis with only 5.8 ICU beds per 100,000 people. (only Portugal is lower at 4.2 per 100,000), not to mention their slow response. I hope all stay safe, and that Sweden is able to survive this.

this whole corona bullshit is vastly overdramatized. this is basically the same as the common flu. the lethality rate for under 50ish people is virtually 0 and only old people with preexisting health conditions die from it. pretty much like with the common flu...
they say the case lethality rate is like 3% but yea. so what. if i test one person and he has it and dies then my case lethality rate is 100%. but if i had tested the other 999 who had it and didnt die my case lethality rate would be 0.1%.
considering how fast it moves i am more than sure that at least 10 times as many cases are present who are not tested. if not 100 times as many.
just see how many people each year get the common flu. its just the fucking same. this is not sars. its just the flu with a fancy name and probably some ultra rich persons who like to short the stock market and govt is helping them nicely.
disclaimer: me and my wife probably both had it, coming from one of the main hubs in our country. my wife brought it home and infected me and she had a flu shot a months or 2 before. i took some ibu and yes, it got a little worse and didnt help at all. and it wasnt that bad. just like the flu.

The management is on a remote tropical island, and the guy chained in the basement who writes patches and reboots the servers on Tuesdays never gets to see people, so everything proceeds as normal.

I have just come back from shopping and now am becoming concerned - the empty shelves in the supermarket - not only toilet paper & stuff but anything that can be stored away for emergencies- also extends to meat & potatoes.

Toilet paper is made locally so why the shortage? - its still being delivered its just that a months supply goes out in one day.

There must be heaps preparing for the apocalypse - or is it resellers, hoping to make a profit of an induced shortage.

this is basically the same as the common flu. . .

There's a point where it would be a breach of ethics as scientist for me to not call these things out, and that post is one. It's no flu. The mortality rate is heavily skewed by age where it generally ballparks around 10% mortality rate for those ~70+ years old, and that's across countries like Italy with good health care, not just for those also with poor respiratory health, etc. It's a serious disease because even if you don't die from it, you can easily spread it to people that likely will. Not to mention how likely you need hospitalization to get through a serious bought of it compared to the flu. For people with a confirmed case of COVID-19, and I've yet to hear of someone not saying it's much worse than influenza (which itself is often confused with the much less serious stomach "flu").

Focusing on the actual topic of this forum, I hope the folks at MA are getting along given the situation. If they've had to basically reduce operations and set things into maintenance mode while doing what they can remotely like many of us have had to do in the states even at the beginning of our wave, that's absolutely fine. If Ludvig or someone just wants to chime in and say they're doing ok but running at reduced capacity, I would expect most here would be mature enough to completely understand and be glad to hear that. I'd be willing to bet it's likely some folks at MA have sick relatives to look after too, so this is definitely a serious topic.

they say the case lethality rate is like 3% but yea. so what.

Well considering there is over 7 billion people on earth, 3% is 210,000,000...thats 210 million people that have families, have a life and do not want to die from a virus that is spread around by ignorant and inconsiderate aholes like yourself. You also seem to forget that there is no vaccine for this yet.

My father is 68 years old and has a cadiovascular disease that he takes medication for. For the seasonal flu, he gets a shot to reduce his risk of contracting. There is no "flu shot" or vaccine that he can take for this virus. His lethality rate is over 10% if he catches the highly transmissable virus, which means he has to be very careful about how he will get more medication if this goes on for a long period.

So now, if they said that there was a 10% mortality rate of this virus amongst healthy people that got this virus, I'm pretty sure you would have a different opinion and not think it is overdramatized....but because you fall into the minority you brush this off like it is no big deal.

Its people like you that would pass this onto him and get him killed. Think about others in your life for once.

this whole corona bullshit is vastly overdramatized....

well we will see.
its not a flu. its more virulent.
problem is also not that you get it or i get it. problem is taht our health system cannot cope with it and ppl are dying because a lack of ICU beds. hence the social distancing (which is no problem at all for me) same situation will arise in swe, no doubt.

the following economic consequences are what also worrying me. so i thought, hey lets see what MA thinks of it.

MA: *tumbleweed*

Last edited:
thanks proph but i would be interested in the plans that MA has incase of a gvmnt shutdown :dunce:

the plan is for sure the same as usual. keep EU running, stay silent, and pretend further development. :dunce:

If they would do telework, someone might notice at long last how annoying and unnecessary it is that the whole heavyweight client has to shut down upon every network timeout.

Of course I wish everyone incl. the MindArk team to stay safe and get through this crisis unharmed. Said from a location pretty far out in the northern countryside, things unfolding are beginning to look a little unreal. Don't rely on mainstream news channels only, folks.

disclaimer: me and my wife probably both had it, coming from one of the main hubs in our country. my wife brought it home and infected me and she had a flu shot a months or 2 before. i took some ibu and yes, it got a little worse and didnt help at all. and it wasnt that bad. just like the flu.

Sad to see such levels of ignorance and selfishness and while i am happy that both your wife and yourself came out of it safely, I do pray that fewer individuals are like you irl who care just about themselves and not others around them.

For the rest, please be mindful that this has catastrophic effects on the elderly and as such take care of your (parents/elderly neighbours/ aged family members) as much as you can.

Ontopic of Thread : I hope and wish everyone at MA is currently themselves @work from home or are planning to get that way. At the end of the day if EU shuts down for a week then so be it, nothing is more important then human life. As such be safe, be secure and stay healthy.

Self-isolating in Germany. Only going out for essential food shopping. This needs a concerted effort by everyone to avoid overwhelming the health systems in all our countries. People before money, including MA staff. Good luck everyone.

Everyine is stuck at home. If ma had any intelligence or wish of growth, that would be the perfect timing for a special event!

Everyine is stuck at home. If ma had any intelligence or wish of growth, that would be the perfect timing for a special event!

Good point! Longtooth, eomon, atrox queen, RX, hussk, black floating orbs, maffoids, hydra, hogglo diablo..
Give us everything MA :yay:

Good point! Longtooth, eomon, atrox queen, RX, hussk, black floating orbs, maffoids, hydra, hogglo diablo..
Give us everything MA :yay:

they can give everything, if there is no reward or new or special items or something decent lootable, i dont want it :D

this whole corona bullshit is vastly overdramatized. this is basically the same as the common flu. the lethality rate for under 50ish people is virtually 0 and only old people with preexisting health conditions die from it. pretty much like with the common flu...
they say the case lethality rate is like 3% but yea. so what. if i test one person and he has it and dies then my case lethality rate is 100%. but if i had tested the other 999 who had it and didnt die my case lethality rate would be 0.1%.
considering how fast it moves i am more than sure that at least 10 times as many cases are present who are not tested. if not 100 times as many.
just see how many people each year get the common flu. its just the fucking same. this is not sars. its just the flu with a fancy name and probably some ultra rich persons who like to short the stock market and govt is helping them nicely.

Ignorance is no excuse for sounding like an idiot....Do your due diligence and research a topic before you spew your nonsense

Yes, Pandemic Mayhem would be fun, but considering their servers are still fucked after the last VU and lots of ppl still getting lag and failures, I'd rather they concentrate on fixing their infrastructure first; otherwise open the floodgates to yet another round of bitchthreads about disconnects and such like last mayhem.

We have been planning to post a statement, but seeing as this thread is getting some traction we will answer here.

We are following government recommendations and are closely watching how the situation develops. We will take any steps we can to ensure the wellbeing of our employees while at the same time ensuring the availability of Entropia Universe.

Ever since the outbreak was confirmed in Sweden, we have taken precautionary actions to minimize the risk that our employees become exposed, both for the sake of their wellbeing and to ensure that we can continue delivering Entropia Universe during this situation. One of those precautionary measures we have put in place is to encourage any employee that can do their work from home to do so. The vast majority of our employees have been working remotely since then. MindArk has a well developed infrastructure in place that makes this possible without jeopardizing our ability to develop, maintain and deliver Entropia Universe. The ability to remotely perform all important tasks relating to the availability of Entropia Universe is just part of the nature of providing a live service that is for the most part available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If it is expected that the COVID-19 outbreak will affect the availability of Entropia Universe, this will be communicated to the user base.

No government mandated shutdown is in place in Sweden at the time of writing, nor are we aware of any such plans.

Thank you all for your concern.

I know it has been a while since I’ve last been able to engage with you here. Although I believe we’ve done a lot of good with Entropia Universe in the last year, one area I still strive to improve significantly is the continuous communication between us, MindArk, and the Entropia Universe community. To this end, we have recently hired a dedicated full-time community manager, who will not just engage with the community here on the forum and on other platforms, but will work to maintain continuous communication between developers and the community in new and creative ways. She will introduce herself to you all shortly.

Be safe and take care.

We have been planning to post a statement, but seeing as this thread is getting some traction we will answer here.

We are following government recommendations and are closely watching how the situation develops. We will take any steps we can to ensure the wellbeing of our employees while at the same time ensuring the availability of Entropia Universe.

Ever since the outbreak was confirmed in Sweden, we have taken precautionary actions to minimize the risk that our employees become exposed, both for the sake of their wellbeing and to ensure that we can continue delivering Entropia Universe during this situation. One of those precautionary measures we have put in place is to encourage any employee that can do their work from home to do so. The vast majority of our employees have been working remotely since then. MindArk has a well developed infrastructure in place that makes this possible without jeopardizing our ability to develop, maintain and deliver Entropia Universe. The ability to remotely perform all important tasks relating to the availability of Entropia Universe is just part of the nature of providing a live service that is for the most part available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If it is expected that the COVID-19 outbreak will affect the availability of Entropia Universe, this will be communicated to the user base.

No government mandated shutdown is in place in Sweden at the time of writing, nor are we aware of any such plans.

Thank you all for your concern.

I know it has been a while since I’ve last been able to engage with you here. Although I believe we’ve done a lot of good with Entropia Universe in the last year, one area I still strive to improve significantly is the continuous communication between us, MindArk, and the Entropia Universe community. To this end, we have recently hired a dedicated full-time community manager, who will not just engage with the community here on the forum and on other platforms, but will work to maintain continuous communication between developers and the community in new and creative ways. She will introduce herself to you all shortly.

Be safe and take care.

Thank you for your statement and yes, please continue to work on communication with the community.

Well considering there is over 7 billion people on earth, 3% is 210,000,000...thats 210 million people that have families, have a life and do not want to die from a virus that is spread around by ignorant and inconsiderate aholes like yourself. You also seem to forget that there is no vaccine for this yet.

My father is 68 years old and has a cadiovascular disease that he takes medication for. For the seasonal flu, he gets a shot to reduce his risk of contracting. There is no "flu shot" or vaccine that he can take for this virus. His lethality rate is over 10% if he catches the highly transmissable virus, which means he has to be very careful about how he will get more medication if this goes on for a long period.

So now, if they said that there was a 10% mortality rate of this virus amongst healthy people that got this virus, I'm pretty sure you would have a different opinion and not think it is overdramatized....but because you fall into the minority you brush this off like it is no big deal.

Its people like you that would pass this onto him and get him killed. Think about others in your life for once.

so you are judging my actions while only knowing my opinion. and you call me names without knowing anything? and im inconsiderate?
i am probably doing more to prevent others from getting infected by me than 95% of people on this forum, including you.
people are fast judging stuff while they dont know anything. guess the world looks better when standing on a moral high horse. must be better than knowing the truth.
but its ok if you think that going out of the apartment once every 2 weeks, while wearing a mask, to buy some fresh groceries and otherwise not leaving the apartment is making me an inconsiderate asshole.
well done.

Status
Back