Any statement from MA regarding covid-19 / corona?

Status
SOOOO that's how we get MA to communicate... a pandemic!!!
can you please communicate about the game more often ... like once a quarter for starters?
joking aside - please post more often

so you are judging my actions while only knowing my opinion. and you call me names without knowing anything? and im inconsiderate?
i am probably doing more to prevent others from getting infected by me than 95% of people on this forum, including you.
people are fast judging stuff while they dont know anything. guess the world looks better when standing on a moral high horse. must be better than knowing the truth.
but its ok if you think that going out of the apartment once every 2 weeks, while wearing a mask, to buy some fresh groceries and otherwise not leaving the apartment is making me an inconsiderate asshole.
well done.

ya i couldn't see or understand why that person called you inconsiderate. happened to me recently by a socmate who thinks i'm inconsiderate for not trusting the government or the medical community and their vaccinations. where your wife actually vaccinated and still got sick is exactly my point there. most offense is taken when the only reason i ever did research into vaccinations and government violations of individual rights is because of concern for the other people.

what bothers me is the level of mindcontrol being exhibited. it's a fine show of high technology when you can get the people to cooperate in their own demise. show me a vaccine that works against communism and government interventionism and I'll take it. until then i'll take my chances. dam the torpedoes.

as for MA and us. yes it seems like an unique opportunity. holding the game online is not going to be easy if the world goes into quarantine but it should be considered an essential service on psychological grounds.

your wife actually vaccinated and still got sick is exactly my point there

That would be because she got vaccinated against a completely different virus.

There is, as yet, no available vaccine for Covid-19 (though there is at least one in the experimental stage that might work, apparently, but it'll take months for it to be ready for public consumption).

Vaccines are safe, and the only sensible advice to follow on Covid-19 is that from official public health bodies.

Here's some interesting live updated Data: https://ncov2019.live/data

And here's how a virus behaves under different circumstances, do nothing, complete lockdown, people staying at home, but getting croceries 25% and the last, one in 8 people allowed to move, the rest staying in the house.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

And here's a comparison of corona with the flu:

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html (12 days old)

At the moment of this post there were:

confirmed infections 218,361 confirmed deaths 8,909 confirmed recoveries 83,575

so covid-19 now has a mortality rate of 4% (of confirmed infections, reality is that there are way more)

the article that compares flu with corona is 12 days old and there:

"So far, the new coronavirus has led to more than 100,000 illnesses and more than 3,000 deaths worldwide" (3% mortality rate)

So the mortality rate went up one full per cent in 12 days.
At this moment China is clearly recovering from the virus (If there is no new outbreak). China chose the full lockdown scenario. If you check the simulation of that (washington post article), you will note that one or two will always "escape" the full lockdown and still contaminate the virusfree population. Because of the full lockdown there are no immunes outside of the contaminated zone. I am not saying China made a mistake, because we will only know in hindsight. Spain and France now enforce people to stay home. My country is not there yet, you can still go outside, but are urged to try to work from home and keep social contacts to a minimum.
But corona cannot be compared to the flu anymore, that's for sure. Its death toll keeps rising exponentially and I am convinced it may rise to 5-7%.

Last edited:
so you are judging my actions while only knowing my opinion. and you call me names without knowing anything? and im inconsiderate?
i am probably doing more to prevent others from getting infected by me than 95% of people on this forum, including you.
people are fast judging stuff while they dont know anything. guess the world looks better when standing on a moral high horse. must be better than knowing the truth.
but its ok if you think that going out of the apartment once every 2 weeks, while wearing a mask, to buy some fresh groceries and otherwise not leaving the apartment is making me an inconsiderate asshole.
well done.

This is the internet, you are judged by what you write, your opinions and how you act on here, not what you are like in real life. How can you not know this??? Your opinions and what you type show exactly what type of person you are.

You claim you are doing more than anyone to prevent the spread yet you already mentioned that you and your wife probably had it already...didn't go get tested when you had symptoms huh? Can't confirm if you did or did not have it? The fact that you are contagious before getting symptoms means that you have most likely already passed it onto others if you did indeed get Covid-19. But you do not know that, and those people who you potentially had contact with were never advised to isolate themselves, potentially passing it onto others. This is how it spreads so easily, so stop with the BS there bud, maybe read up on how much of a GLOBAL pandemic this is.

But, you may also not have had it yet, only time will tell.

P.S - Forgot to mention on my first response....

disclaimer: me and my wife probably both had it, coming from one of the main hubs in our country. my wife brought it home and infected me and she had a flu shot a months or 2 before.

... the flu shot isn't going to stop you contracting Covid-19.

COVID opinions/facts aside...
I do absolutely think it would be a great idea for Mindark to make some sort of statement on this. Let us know where you stand... it's a good idea. :)

We have been planning to post a statement, but seeing as this thread is getting some traction we will answer here.

We are following government recommendations and are closely watching how the situation develops. We will take any steps we can to ensure the wellbeing of our employees while at the same time ensuring the availability of Entropia Universe.

Ever since the outbreak was confirmed in Sweden, we have taken precautionary actions to minimize the risk that our employees become exposed, both for the sake of their wellbeing and to ensure that we can continue delivering Entropia Universe during this situation. One of those precautionary measures we have put in place is to encourage any employee that can do their work from home to do so. The vast majority of our employees have been working remotely since then. MindArk has a well developed infrastructure in place that makes this possible without jeopardizing our ability to develop, maintain and deliver Entropia Universe. The ability to remotely perform all important tasks relating to the availability of Entropia Universe is just part of the nature of providing a live service that is for the most part available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If it is expected that the COVID-19 outbreak will affect the availability of Entropia Universe, this will be communicated to the user base.

No government mandated shutdown is in place in Sweden at the time of writing, nor are we aware of any such plans.

Thank you all for your concern.

I know it has been a while since I’ve last been able to engage with you here. Although I believe we’ve done a lot of good with Entropia Universe in the last year, one area I still strive to improve significantly is the continuous communication between us, MindArk, and the Entropia Universe community. To this end, we have recently hired a dedicated full-time community manager, who will not just engage with the community here on the forum and on other platforms, but will work to maintain continuous communication between developers and the community in new and creative ways. She will introduce herself to you all shortly.

Be safe and take care.

They already did kinda

Here's some interesting live updated Data: https://ncov2019.live/data

While that website is informative and accurate (as far as it goes) there is a problem in feeling a false sense of security just looking at the figures and thinking you are in a 'low risk' country.

covid_tests_per_million.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/17/us/coronavirus-testing-data.html

This is a brand new virus and there is a shortage of testing kits. There is no way to get the millions of kits out fast enough, In my country only people in hospital are currently being tested due to a shortage of testing kits. They are hoping to increase this as heathcare workers need to be tested regularly too.

If you want to compare Covid-19 with flu then it is this event 102 years ago you need to read about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

If you want to play an educational game about it (released over 10 years ago):

https://www.addictinggames.com/strategy/pandemic-2

COVID opinions/facts aside...
I do absolutely think it would be a great idea for Mindark to make some sort of statement on this. Let us know where you stand... it's a good idea. :)

What are they gonna say, you are stuck at home, come and play our game...

read my post above this one and then look in a mirror.

If I did, the mirror would reflect an image of a man who has spent countless years as a scientist with a large and deep understanding of bacteria and viruses. As this will be my last response on the matter, some people ( as you were) are too quick to diminish events like this, that go unchecked, and the impact of what can happen if something like this isnt taken serious and dealt with immediately. There are not stats to rely on as this hasnt happened since the Black Plague, where an unusual occurrence invaded human territory and there was no immunity built...AKA the Spanish /Mayans

Last edited:
If there's a shutdown on all business in Sweden, then maybe it could affect EU. Unless MA have a way of doing patches, and restarts remotely.

But we're quite far from this scenario in Sweden at the moment.

did you even read this? :laugh:

One of those precautionary measures we have put in place is to encourage any employee that can do their work from home to do so. The vast majority of our employees have been working remotely since then. MindArk has a well developed infrastructure in place that makes this possible without jeopardizing our ability to develop, maintain and deliver Entropia Universe. The ability to remotely perform all important tasks relating to the availability of Entropia Universe is just part of the nature of providing a live service that is for the most part available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If it is expected that the COVID-19 outbreak will affect the availability of Entropia Universe, this will be communicated to the user base.

No government mandated shutdown is in place in Sweden at the time of writing, nor are we aware of any such plans.

Everyine is stuck at home. If ma had any intelligence or wish of growth, that would be the perfect timing for a special event!

I'm getting an email from Steam or gog.com about some sale or other every 6 hours this past week. They're pushing hard for sales from a very captive audience. MA is stuck dealing with MA's biggest problem: corporate apathy

I know it has been a while since I’ve last been able to engage with you here. Although I believe we’ve done a lot of good with Entropia Universe in the last year, one area I still strive to improve significantly is the continuous communication between us, MindArk, and the Entropia Universe community. To this end, we have recently hired a dedicated full-time community manager, who will not just engage with the community here on the forum and on other platforms, but will work to maintain continuous communication between developers and the community in new and creative ways. She will introduce herself to you all shortly.

Be safe and take care.

Stay safe there!! :)

Regarding the communication... This is like the 10th time I see this promise! We want communication, even if you have nothing new to tell us :wise:.

The first victim of Corona was diagnosed during Carnaval in The Netherlands, which is celebrated in the South of the country. The first victims that week came back from ski-holiday or from a trip to Northern Italy and were eager to go to the carnaval festival..

This is what Carnaval looks like:
590076.jpg

You can imagine the disease has had quit the impact in the South.
There are no means of testing anymore atm, new tests due to arrive soon......

This is Carnaval in my hometown of Eindhoven:

9kbx8tzai251_wd1280.jpg

Carnaval is accompanied by an enormous amount of Beer consumption. You can see everyone nicely keeping their 1.5 meters distance from eachother. This is only outside.. inside the pubs and bars people are crammed together even more.

Last edited:

Carnaval is accompanied by an enormous amount of Beer consumption. You can see everyone nicely keeping their 1.5 meters distance from eachother. This is only outside.. inside the pubs and bars people are crammed together even more.

So, we can at least draw on e conclusion from this.
Beer is NOT a remedy against Corona! :beerchug:

this whole corona bullshit is vastly overdramatized.... just like the flu.

Yeah, so 470 people dead in Italy yesterday and the number rising everyday... just another flu :rolleyes: :wtg: :dunce:

I'm getting an email from Steam or gog.com about some sale or other every 6 hours this past week. They're pushing hard for sales from a very captive audience. MA is stuck dealing with MA's biggest problem: corporate apathy

Well said. With all of my upcoming shows cancelled and all pubs and restaurants closed, I find myself with plenty of extra free time and money. Since MA can't be bothered to incentivize my deposit in any way, I guess GoG will get most of my business.

I just want to send my sincerest and heartfelt wishes to Mindark and it's staff that you may stay safe from this pandemic.

A lot of people are isolated, lonelly and worried today, not being able to be as social as they use to be.
For that reason I believe that Entropia today is more important than ever.

I just wish more people knew about it, and that it is one way of escaping the isolation, in the virtual universe.

Sweden lacks some crucial resources atm, in particular medical equipment to keep the medical staff safe.

But it's in the works and loads of companies and organisations is turning themselves inside out to find solutions.

One is Absolut, who normally makes Absolut Vodka. They have filled up a 200 000 liter tank with liquer to be used in manufacturing hand sanitizers :)

It's totally sold out in the pharmacies and on top of that some morons have stolen bottles from hospitals.

They have said that friday to sunday will show how hard Stockholm will be hit.
A capitol hit this hard from this pandemic is very very bad news.

I have been talking with several people there and I hear the anxiety in their voices.
I am very worried about my friends atm.

But FU Corona, you have no clue who you are dealing with. WE ARE THE VIKINGS!!!

And ffs Mindark, keep safe, and keep doing a great and important work during these very hard times.
And thank you for the update on the current situation Henrik.

Bergamo is a 120kish people town in the northern part of Italy, a very well served area in terms of health; atm it's the most hitted place here; last night 70 military trucks took the coffins away because the cemetery could not cremate them all, I don't remember any flu doing that.......

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/03/18/foto/bergamo_non_c_e_piu_posto_70_mezzi_militari_portano_le_salme_fuori_dalla_regione-251650969/1/#1

Matter is that covid patients need intensive care beds so anyone else who needs them for other reasons would be left without. Thinking "it's just a flu" it's simply.... pfff I don't wanna be offensive.

take care all

DRM

So...now that some time has passed, who out there still thinks that "this whole corona bullshit is vastly overdramatized. this is basically the same as the common flu" ? Good thing not everyone felt that way

So...now that some time has passed, who out there still thinks that "this whole corona bullshit is vastly overdramatized. this is basically the same as the common flu" ? Good thing not everyone felt that way

well, i think now also the hardest denier should get a grip.

anyways. i thought more of the economic impacts we will feel here ingame. anyone remembers the big bubble that bursted around 2008? well we felt this also here in entropia. ofc we do, our (micro)economy here is tied to the rl-eco.
ppl will buy toilet paper, sanitizer and whatnot instead of peds.
that said, the technical actions are one thing, the economical another thing. governments around the world are preparing cold cash in compensation for the upcoming crisis. what - in the economical sense- will happen here?

Be safe and take care.

Has this happened?

The corona business IS vastly overdramatized.

Just to give some details about normal flew fatalities in the Netherlands:
In 2014/15 8600 people died from the flu.
in 2017/2018 9400 people died.
For your information, The Netherlands only have 17 million inhabitants.
That;s 0,055%!!!

In china, with 1,2 billion people, only 3400 people died from corona.
Thats only 0,00028%

I'm just saying that EACH year thousands upon thousands people die from the flu.
Why don't we ever hear anything about that? It's never in the news.
Why does the world now stop turning because of corona?
What's the difference? Only because it's a new virus?

I think the illuminati are abusing this virus to tighten the grip on the world.
Macron uses it to get rid of the yellow vests movement.
Orban uses it to tighten his grip on his country.
The US uses it to disqualify china as main producer of the world.
Etc etc.

Just get sick and get better and protect the weaker people.
Just put only the weak people in quarantine instead of placing the ENTIRE world in quarantine.
Quarantine won't battle the virus. Immunity will. And we'll only become immune by getting the virus.
Quarantine will only make the process longer and won't make it go away

Sure, with this quarantine we WILL safe some old and sick people, but the collateral damage will be immense!
Many people will lose jobs, won't have anything left to eat and will die in misery instead. And why? Just to protect some 80 year olds!

It's madness!

And to think this will create precedents for any next virus that will strike.
I only see the Orwellian "1984" society coming closer and closer.
Big brother will be watching you to make sure you won't come within 1,5 mtrs of your fellow humans.
This frightens me more than a stupid flew!

But hey, just tell me to put back on my alu head. right?

Sorry, but I value my freedom more than my health.
I'd rather be free and unhealthy (or dead) than locked up in a police state!

So, stay safe and act normal!
Don't hamster toilet paper you idiots!

Last edited:

In 2014/15 8600 people died from the flew.
That;s 0,055%!!!

Thats only 0,00028%

I'm just saying that EACH year thousands upon thousands people die from the flew.

Etc etc.

Just put only the weak people in quarantine instead of placing the ENTIRE world in quarantine.
Quarantine won't battle the virus. Immunity will. And we'll only become immune by getting the virus.

Sure, with this quarantine we WILL safe some old and sick people, but the collateral damage will be immense!
Many people will lose jobs, won't have anything left to eat and will die in misery instead. And why? Just to protect some 80 year olds!

It's madness!

Big brother will be watching you to make sure you won't come within 1,5 mtrs of your fellow humans.

The problem is not the mortality rate but how easy and fast it spreads, collapsing even the best healthcare systems in the world.

I can't believe how openly ignorant some people are.

Then you are a fucking idiot, and a danger to yourself and others.

Also it's "flu" not "flew"... a real expert right there...

Then you are a fucking idiot, and a danger to yourself and others.

Also it's "flu" not "flew"... a real expert right there...

OMG!!! :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

I made a typo!!

The horror!!!

Oh and thanks for the neg rep.
Now, just keep breathing and you'll survive.

Sorry, I will not lower myself to neg rep you back.

Btw, care to explain why we don't make a fuss if we've lost nearly 10k people in 1 year???
Or do you just ignore those details?
|Why no lockdown then?

Please explain instead of neg repping and calling me moron.

Last edited:

In 2014/15 8600 people died from the flu.
That;s 0,055%!!!

Thats only 0,00028%

I'm just saying that EACH year thousands upon thousands people die from the flu.

Etc etc.

It's madness!

never_argue_with_stupid_people.jpg

I think I'll just leave this here. :dunce:

I think I'll just leave this here. :dunce:

Ah well, ignorance is bliss, right?
Always trust your government and their so called experts. :wise:

They know what's good for the sheep!

Luckily we have a prime minister with at least a bit of common sense.
No lockdown. Let's all just get the virus and get immune to it.

I totally agree with that.

You all just go sit in your basements with your stacks of toilet paper.

Now, who's the idiot here? :laugh:

Status
Back