PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    TS TSEC CRYPTO
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranavolana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There must be heaps preparing for the apocalypse - or is it resellers, hoping to make a profit of an induced shortage.
    It's both I would think - parasitic elements of society are already mobilised and re-selling via ebay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/b/Toilet-Rol.../bn_7115883853

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    this is basically the same as the common flu. . .
    There's a point where it would be a breach of ethics as scientist for me to not call these things out, and that post is one. It's no flu. The mortality rate is heavily skewed by age where it generally ballparks around 10% mortality rate for those ~70+ years old, and that's across countries like Italy with good health care, not just for those also with poor respiratory health, etc. It's a serious disease because even if you don't die from it, you can easily spread it to people that likely will. Not to mention how likely you need hospitalization to get through a serious bought of it compared to the flu. For people with a confirmed case of COVID-19, and I've yet to hear of someone not saying it's much worse than influenza (which itself is often confused with the much less serious stomach "flu").

Focusing on the actual topic of this forum, I hope the folks at MA are getting along given the situation. If they've had to basically reduce operations and set things into maintenance mode while doing what they can remotely like many of us have had to do in the states even at the beginning of our wave, that's absolutely fine. If Ludvig or someone just wants to chime in and say they're doing ok but running at reduced capacity, I would expect most here would be mature enough to completely understand and be glad to hear that. I'd be willing to bet it's likely some folks at MA have sick relatives to look after too, so this is definitely a serious topic.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    they say the case lethality rate is like 3% but yea. so what.
    Well considering there is over 7 billion people on earth, 3% is 210,000,000...thats 210 million people that have families, have a life and do not want to die from a virus that is spread around by ignorant and inconsiderate aholes like yourself. You also seem to forget that there is no vaccine for this yet.

My father is 68 years old and has a cadiovascular disease that he takes medication for. For the seasonal flu, he gets a shot to reduce his risk of contracting. There is no "flu shot" or vaccine that he can take for this virus. His lethality rate is over 10% if he catches the highly transmissable virus, which means he has to be very careful about how he will get more medication if this goes on for a long period.

So now, if they said that there was a 10% mortality rate of this virus amongst healthy people that got this virus, I'm pretty sure you would have a different opinion and not think it is overdramatized....but because you fall into the minority you brush this off like it is no big deal.

Its people like you that would pass this onto him and get him killed. Think about others in your life for once.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Marcus Luma Lucius
    Society
    ░▒▓ IRIDIUM ░▒▓
    Images
    this whole corona bullshit is vastly overdramatized....
    well we will see.
    its not a flu. its more virulent.
    problem is also not that you get it or i get it. problem is taht our health system cannot cope with it and ppl are dying because a lack of ICU beds. hence the social distancing (which is no problem at all for me) same situation will arise in swe, no doubt.

the following economic consequences are what also worrying me. so i thought, hey lets see what MA thinks of it.

MA: *tumbleweed*
    Last edited by MarcusLucius; 03-18-2020 at 09:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeWolf86 View Post
    This game is similar to anal sex... if you try to force it... no one will be happy...Let it come naturally...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Marcus Luma Lucius
    Society
    ░▒▓ IRIDIUM ░▒▓
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post
    thanks proph but i would be interested in the plans that MA has incase of a gvmnt shutdown
    Quote Originally Posted by LeWolf86 View Post
    This game is similar to anal sex... if you try to force it... no one will be happy...Let it come naturally...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusLucius View Post
    thanks proph but i would be interested in the plans that MA has incase of a gvmnt shutdown
    the plan is for sure the same as usual. keep EU running, stay silent, and pretend further development.
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    If they would do telework, someone might notice at long last how annoying and unnecessary it is that the whole heavyweight client has to shut down upon every network timeout.

Of course I wish everyone incl. the MindArk team to stay safe and get through this crisis unharmed. Said from a location pretty far out in the northern countryside, things unfolding are beginning to look a little unreal. Don't rely on mainstream news channels only, folks.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Marauder
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    disclaimer: me and my wife probably both had it, coming from one of the main hubs in our country. my wife brought it home and infected me and she had a flu shot a months or 2 before. i took some ibu and yes, it got a little worse and didnt help at all. and it wasnt that bad. just like the flu.
    Sad to see such levels of ignorance and selfishness and while i am happy that both your wife and yourself came out of it safely, I do pray that fewer individuals are like you irl who care just about themselves and not others around them.

For the rest, please be mindful that this has catastrophic effects on the elderly and as such take care of your (parents/elderly neighbours/ aged family members) as much as you can.

Ontopic of Thread : I hope and wish everyone at MA is currently themselves @work from home or are planning to get that way. At the end of the day if EU shuts down for a week then so be it, nothing is more important then human life. As such be safe, be secure and stay healthy.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jar Jasis Sismondi
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Self-isolating in Germany. Only going out for essential food shopping. This needs a concerted effort by everyone to avoid overwhelming the health systems in all our countries. People before money, including MA staff. Good luck everyone.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_jasis_signatur.jpg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast